PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I never used advanced through pass becouse was little weird for me. Yesterday I tryed it and turn off the big yellow circle for aiming. I am stunned how this passes can open opponent defence. Just wow!!! Btw I am struggling to make L1 + triangle through balls, they travel just little. Can someone suggest me anything? Is it becouse I play on manual?

Im not defending the game. Im enjoying it but it has its issues. My point is if Konami did fix the main problems, people would complain about something else. Then if they fixed that, they'd complain about something else.
I saw one person say on Twitter that the lack of tattoos on his favourite team ruined the immersion of the game and therefore its BROKEN for him. Really? :D

I never used advanced through pass becouse was little weird for me. Yesterday I tryed it and turn off the big yellow circle for aiming. I am stunned how this passes can open opponent defence. Just wow!!! Btw I am struggling to make L1 + triangle through balls, they travel just little. Can someone suggest me anything? Is it becouse I play on manual?

Try to use the Center pass as a Through ball. I think that could work.

Im not defending the game. Im enjoying it but it has its issues. My point is if Konami did fix the main problems, people would complain about something else. Then if they fixed that, they'd complain about something else.
I saw one person say on Twitter that the lack of tattoos on his favourite team ruined the immersion of the game and therefore its BROKEN for him. Really? :D

you know why this game is a HUGE disappointment - because guys like me logged in to MyClub for most of the past 4 years to understand the game. I joined the pesfan forum and took and gave abuse for 1 WHOLE YEAR just to get some thread pinned to create a cheaters list. At one point I was tabulating the number of reports.

LOL.

F**k man. I wasted my life for this. (Good bants though :) )

I think it's a ploy to keep people buying new versions and avoid as much repeatability as possible. Could you imagine giving people the option to import kits or design perfect kits , modify or great stadiums, insert audio, create leagues and build a custom ML. All possible but no one would buy the next version

If they improved the gameplay and experience yearly like a gaming company should be doing then you would have the incentive to buy on an annual basis.

They are just to lazy and focussed on an online transaction trading game than anything else. It's understandable but disappointing.

I haven't played Pes on pc since -11,and before that Pes 6,and I'm not a huge "edit/fix/import" guy.
But I find it kinda relaxing and enjoyable to fix and edit what I can fix and edit on console.

And you're right on this game being tougher on possibilities to import/edit Vs older games.
And it could be because fear of getting into legal hassle.
But one thing konami can fuck right off with is the possibility to do proper in-game editing.
I had Pes 13/15 on Xbox 360 where I could create badges,create chest logos etc.
They've removed all of that on current gen (xbox one) so now you're stuck with a shitty in game editor and no import options( not only MS fault)
Horrible company

PES 2018 on 360 > PS4

Tried both OF >
-Pesteam as i know have average faces, but good stats/database overall, good kits
-Pesworld have good faces, but bad database/stats (more players, better representations), good kits
-Cypes have really good faces, good database/stats (a bit less well worked than Pesteam which changes every players stats even the less known), but bad kits

I know that Pesteam updates faces all the year, but for now on i think i will takes stats from them and copy them manually on PESWORLD of or CYPES...
But for now on i'm editing something totally different (IG fakes national teams faces)

I firmly believe that the root of all problems with PES is that we don't even know if our feedback makes it to the actual game developers. You've got idiots like Adam who are supposed to be our points of contact but I'm pretty sure they don't forward our feedback to the people that actually matter.

PESworld Bundesliga OF Is out!!!

Good times!! :)

Edit: I only have 55 slots for L-Kits available after installing all available PESworld OF‘s. Will that be enough for whole Bundesliga or do I have to replace (let’s say British 2nd div) their 2048 kits with 1024 kits?!
quoting myself here as i got an answer from PESworld.

Bundesliga 2048 takes 63 slots in L-Kits. so i will have to replace EFL CC with 1024 kits to make space available!

Idiots everywhere of course,but in here most people complain because there's a real issue

Not really understanding all the hate on here for the game? I'm really enjoying it.

Is it just offline you are all unhappy with?

I believe that people will always bitch and complain as its just people nature these days. If a patch landed tomorrow which fixed the goalkeepers being stuck on the line issue, the AI wing spamming and the ML problems, people would find something else to complain about and brand the game broken.

Nah they wouldn't. I think people are at the end of the tether now. Year on year its the same mistakes being made. I'm absolutely astonished that the AI issue hasn't even been acknowledged. Its incredible.

I think people have rose-tinted view of old PES games, especially PES6.

I reinstalled and played it again (vanilla, no mods), doing the World Cup mode as a few different teams on the Top Player, and the AI was really not that interesting to play against. The weaker and stronger teams didn't play that much differently, if anything the stronger teams were easier to beat... I didn't have to be very creative on the attack, just zig-zag pass your way up the pitch and then easily round the keeper/cutback pass to score, or just do one of those ridiculously overpowered 90-degree first time shots from anywhere inside 25 yards.

Didn't play any of the ML, but the structure of it was garbage (8 team 2nd division, 16 team top division) and I remember it having loads of stupid transfers - teams would accept any player as part of a trade, get rid of their best players etc. It's not and never was some sort of gold standard for an offline single player game mode in a football game.

while i respect your opinion i beg to differ I played 8 season in the ML on 2018 and im currently playing winning eleven 8
and seen more injuries, fatigue, fouls and better transfers (teams don't sell their first 11 in the first window) than I saw on 2018

you have to be more of a manager on these older titles with the game over if you fall below points and especially because the stats are more noticeable I had a striker with 72 technique and the ball bounced off him like a he was a trampoline if I use a striker like that on 2018 the difference will be hardly noticeable except for his overall speed point is the games from 2004 and these newer games have none of its DNA of all the things we loved

I can't judge 2019 as I am not buying it until it is at least half price and worth it for such a broken mess

I think people have rose-tinted view of old PES games, especially PES6.

I reinstalled and played it again (vanilla, no mods), doing the World Cup mode as a few different teams on the Top Player, and the AI was really not that interesting to play against. The weaker and stronger teams didn't play that much differently, if anything the stronger teams were easier to beat... I didn't have to be very creative on the attack, just zig-zag pass your way up the pitch and then easily round the keeper/cutback pass to score, or just do one of those ridiculously overpowered 90-degree first time shots from anywhere inside 25 yards.

Didn't play any of the ML, but the structure of it was garbage (8 team 2nd division, 16 team top division) and I remember it having loads of stupid transfers - teams would accept any player as part of a trade, get rid of their best players etc. It's not and never was some sort of gold standard for an offline single player game mode in a football game.

Personally don't agree with this. Yes PES 6 is limited in tech and movement but for a 12 year old game it's gets the fundamentals right which PES 19 quite frankly does not. Games are fun with variety and proper stats implementation.

If I played 20 games of it and compared with it with 20 games of PES 19 I'm sure I'm come out of the latter infuriated due to the games core issues rather than the earlier (PES6) having had an enjoyable experience with noticeable differences in every match.

Nah they wouldn't. I think people are at the end of the tether now. Year on year its the same mistakes being made. I'm absolutely astonished that the AI issue hasn't even been acknowledged. Its incredible.

With the amount of respected PES streamers and bloggers making the issues well known it's crazy no one from Konami or the PR team especially have addressed this.

Why the big secret? Players are not idiots...we see the issues in less than 30 mins playing on ML offline. Even the reviewers have brought it up which is rare for them given the short time they play the game.

Personally don't agree with this. Yes PES 6 is limited in tech and movement but for a 12 year old game it's gets the fundamentals right which PES 19 quite frankly does not. Games are fun with variety and proper stats implementation.

If I played 20 games of it and compared with it with 20 games of PES 19 I'm sure I'm come out of the latter infuriated due to the games core issues rather than the earlier (PES6) having had an enjoyable experience with noticeable differences in every match.

Agree.

The A.I on PES 6 is light years ahead of the mince we have in 2019. It's not even a debate. It's a better football game

Konami make and will continue to make them every year. I don't know why people expect anything different...

Konami make and will continue to make them every year. I don't know why people expect anything different...
The emphasis shouldn't be on the customer to anticipate errors, the company should be aiming not to make them in the first place. It's not an excuse for Konami just to say that customers should expect it. I think a lot of people, including myself, do expect it. I don't believe a word that Konami say and base my judgement solely on the product they release. However, there are people that buy into the hype and are left disappointed time and again. Konami create the hype and the empty promises.

the whole Adam playing down the picture with the dodgy transfers saying "don't worry guys they are fine this year" despite them being even worse from what i read should tell you everything you need to know about this company

they want your money and will make false promises and lie to get it

the whole Adam playing down the picture with the dodgy transfers saying "don't worry guys they are fine this year" despite them being even worse from what i read should tell you everything you need to know about this company

they want your money and will make false promises and lie to get it

It's annoying because back in the day Adam was one of the guys battering Konami to make the game great again. He resorted to going back to the PS2 days back when the PS3 games launched which said it all.

I guess he has a job to keep and promote his product as much as he can but it's so frustrating to see him skip over the areas we have put down in black and white (video).

Game testers can't be hard to find either, plenty of us would do it for nothing and happily sink hours into the modes to find the bugs on pre release, they genuinely must not care how it looks or plays apart from online.

See you hit the nail on the head there.
People would always find something to "moan" about. I agree.
But there is justified and unjustified moaning. There is mature "moaning" and immature moaning.
When I see people moaning about tatoo or face of some bloke, thats just silly.
But there is a difference between being mad that Firmino doesnt have smily face behind the ear and AI being completely broken. If they fix low crosses, shots from distance, dribbling and GK glued to the line - i can live with everything else. Even ridiculous transfers. But lets be adults here.
I paid for a football game, not a mockery of football.

Last edited:
what makes me kind of sad...

I remember back in 2003 reading this forum...reading pes fan...even ISS Extreme forums [who is old enough to remember them?]

Anyway, yeah .... back around then when we had the likes of pes 3 coming out etc

When a game had just arrived these places would be jam packed with everyone praising the PES they had just bought

Discussions about how to score different goals...master league experiences [I LOVE the ML stories thread here I used to read it every day.]

Everyone was happy, PES was a joy to play and yes they were not perfect games but god damn they kept us going all year round

WTF actually happened? I just can’t get my head around it.

It’s just doom and gloom now and rightly so...people are fed up with the same mistakes every single year being made

Football gaming scene has never been this depressing for the single player career mode player...

Thank god for Cyberpunk 2077

Agree.

The A.I on PES 6 is light years ahead of the mince we have in 2019. It's not even a debate. It's a better football game
Of course not. Pes 6 was superb in date release and maybe 3 yeas later but now its super arcade football game with lot of scripting. Online was scripting as well. The same style of playing to score a goal. Simple mechanics, simple shooting and simple passing. I loved Pes 6 on my PC. I played around 1800 ranking matches. I know this game as well in particular online playing.

Last edited:
Of course not. Pes 6 was superb in date release and maybe 3 yeas later but now its super arcade football game with lot of scripting. Online was scripting as well. The same style of playing to score a goal. Simple mechanics, simple shooting and simple passing.

In terms of a challenge and a realistic game of football PES 6 is a better game at it's core. The A.I had variety, it wasn't stale and repetitive.

Of course now the graphics are evolved as is animations but at it's core in gameplay we have an A.I which can't compete with a game 13 years is junior.

Not to say it can't get better because with a gameplay patch that addresses the glaring issues then we would have a brilliant game on the pitch but as of today it's broken and doesn't play a realistic game of football. We are relying on a patch that may or may not come.

In terms of a challenge and a realistic game of football PES 6 is a better game at it's core. The A.I had variety, it wasn't stale and repetitive.

Of course now the graphics are evolved as is animations but at it's core in gameplay we have an A.I which can't compete with a game 13 years is junior.
Challenge of arcade playing online. Keepers was super humans but If you knew how use script you easy score a goal online. Game end to end with fast pace. 1800 matches online i played on Pes 6. I was on D1/2 devision.

Challenge of arcade playing online. Keepers was super humans but If you knew how use script you easy score a goal online. Game end to end with fast pace. 1800 matches online i played on Pes 6.

I don't agree with that but even at that I'd take it over keepers who can't come off their line and an A.I that hits 10 plus low crosses a game then turns back on itself when through 1 on 1 to go to the wings.

while i respect your opinion i beg to differ I played 8 season in the ML on 2018 and im currently playing winning eleven 8
and seen more injuries, fatigue, fouls and better transfers (teams don't sell their first 11 in the first window) than I saw on 2018

you have to be more of a manager on these older titles with the game over if you fall below points and especially because the stats are more noticeable I had a striker with 72 technique and the ball bounced off him like a he was a trampoline if I use a striker like that on 2018 the difference will be hardly noticeable except for his overall speed point is the games from 2004 and these newer games have none of its DNA of all the things we loved

I can't judge 2019 as I am not buying it until it is at least half price and worth it for such a broken mess
I don't disagree with any of that. I'm not even hinting that 2018/2019's ML is better.

All I said was that PES6 ML was not particularly impressive at the time with its format (16 & 8 team divisions) and had plenty of stupid transfers of its own. It certainly did many things much better than recent offerings, but I never thought the off-the-pitch side of the game was strong back then... The gameplay made up for those shortcomings, and we filled in the blanks with our imagination.

The gameplay criticisms are regarding PES6 in particular. I think that version was the start of the decline of PES; it was a massive downgrade from PES5/WE9LE.

In terms of a challenge and a realistic game of football PES 6 is a better game at it's core
Even pes13! Passing on pes13, especially manual passing, was incredible! I felt like I had complete freedom on the pitch!
Yes, we had "magic" boots, which I thought were ridiculous. But did I go online, set up Tweeter account, went to facebook or youtube and hammered Konami for changing PES into Elder Scrolls with stat boosting shoes?
No, I didnt. Why? Because, IMHO, on the pitch, pes13 was fucking amazing.
This year tho, I did all of the above. And I will continue my campaign until I see AI patched. Because, lets face it, gameplay on the pitch is the only thing that makes us play this game. Outside of that PES is shambles.
And if they cant get right the only thing that make us buy it, then well... good luck!

Back
Top Bottom