PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

@Matt10 - I love the way you move the ball around in that live stream, but my God. I tuned in for AZ (you) away v De Graafschapp (AI) and all they did was that fucking low cross. Over and over and over.

I decided I'd try and get the game second-hand, because I really don't want to reward Konami for the state of the offline stuff this year, but watching that match just made me sad, man.

PES used to be all about every match being different. It's so sad. And now EA are saying that career mode isn't a priority any more... I think football gaming - for me - is absolutely dead, now.

I play Myclub and used to sim matches. I love being able to set tactics for my team and watch my players that i specifically bought for, play. But Jesus Christ, both the my ai and opponent's have just one attack style- play along the flanks and cross low. No variety at all.
If they cannot make a cross, they will go dribble back to their own half and try again.
Argghhhhh!! It's so frustrating.

If they can fix Goalkeepers not coming off the line and CPU spamming low cross, this game would be near perfection. I love it despite the niggles.
Wish I could but the emersion is totally ruined for me when you are clean through on goal and the keeper doesn't even attempt to close down the angle. It's a certain goal every single time.

The AI low crosses is awful because you know before the ball is in the net it's a goal, it's coded into the game.

These things are major gamebreakers for a football game and if basing it offline it's not even close to a good effort.

Does stats matter on FuMa? I think yes but I want to read the FuMa players :D

Full manual seems to completely override passing and shooting stats (except of max power). But that doesn´t matter, as these stats are completely worthless anyway due to the "free as a caged bird" assistance in anything above PA0.

Yes the point would be for a game especially for one that tries to replicate reality that you should get lost into it and forget about that its a game. But when such things happening ie. you realize patterns for the cpu, not having fouls in the game, having the same shots, keepers having a bug etc. or for other games thats jus trying to being a game ie having constant tutorials how to open doors and such...all put you out from the immersion and you get disconnected realizing that its just a game.

Now as for low crossess and glued keepers and crazy transfers IF PES was intended to be like that ie being a low cross interruption simulator, i dont think these would be problem. But its not the case.

The proof of that is the fact the CSL isn't either in the game now or announced to be coming as DLC. I'd have thought that would have been quite clear.

How is that a proof that it won't be in the next DLC?

You want a proof that it isn't a proof?

Colombian league, although it would have an important marketing impact in LATAM, was never announced by Konami and isn't even listed on official website.

Yes the point would be for a game especially for one that tries to replicate reality that you should get lost into it and forget about that its a game. But when such things happening ie. you realize patterns for the cpu, not having fouls in the game, having the same shots, keepers having a bug etc. or for other games thats jus trying to being a game ie having constant tutorials how to open doors and such...all put you out from the immersion and you get disconnected realizing that its just a game.

Now as for low crossess and glued keepers and crazy transfers IF PES was intended to be like that ie being a low cross interruption simulator, i dont think these would be problem. But its not the case.

Yeah exactly.

I'm not even too bothered with the transfers being unrealistic in ML as it's a fantasy mode in reality or it was originally so I could live with it. However things like teams selling half their squad and having to play centre backs up top and having 3 subs is ludicrous. That's a big bug and proves no testing went into ML at all because if anyone here has started one you can always find a team who does this and it's blatantly obvious.

No effort goes into ML whatsoever, bar a few cut scenes and the ICC cup it's the exact same as years ago but with worse bugs.

Who actually gives a sh*t about Colombian leagues and leagues in far away lands that only 2% of people care about, really?

That will sound arrogant to a lot of you...but Konami need to spend their time and resources working on fundamental game issues and adding depth to broken modes like Master League before leagues that hardly anyone cares about.

It’s what infruriates me about pes fanbase ... there are huge issues that need fixing yet all I read is people moaning about player faces, data packs and leagues in Zimbabwe.

Who actually gives a sh*t about Colombian leagues and leagues in far away lands that only 2% of people care about, really?

That will sound arrogant to a lot of you...but Konami need to spend their time and resources working on fundamental game issues and adding depth to broken modes like Master League before leagues that hardly anyone cares about.

It’s what infruriates me about pes fanbase ... there are huge issues that need fixing yet all I read is people moaning about player faces, data packs and leagues in Zimbabwe.

They could announce 15 leagues and all the boots, balls ect but when game modes are not tested and AI is broken it means very little as the game is simply unplayable offline.

I get people being excited for certain leagues though as I was for the Scottish league being a fan of a team from there but again the detail in this is pretty basic. They could do so much more for the licenced leagues they have managed to obtain but like everything else with Konami it feels like a half arsed rush job to get the game on the shelves.

They could announce 15 leagues and all the boots, balls ect but when game modes are not tested and AI is broken it means very little as the game is simply unplayable offline.

I get people being excited for certain leagues though as I was for the Scottish league being a fan of a team from there but again the detail in this is pretty basic. They could do so much more for the licenced leagues they have managed to obtain but like everything else with Konami it feels like a half arsed rush job to get the game on the shelves.
Exactly ....

I played a bit of Scottish league myself

There are no new stadia for teams like Hearts...they just use the generic stadium a hundred other teams in the game play at

It’s all such an empty experience

I enjoy pes 2019 it’s very good gameplay this year

But there is no way I will still be playing it in 3 months time, let alone a year

Exactly ....

I played a bit of Scottish league myself

There are no new stadia for teams like Hearts...they just use the generic stadium a hundred other teams in the game play at

It’s all such an empty experience

I enjoy pes 2019 it’s very good gameplay this year

But there is no way I will still be playing it in 3 months time, let alone a year

Even just the broadcast could be more authentic, it just feels like a created league with the logo and that's it. Look at EA and how they present their licenced leagues, it looks spot on to TV broadcasting. If Konami have gone to the lengths to obtain the leagues then put some effort into making them look the part at least, what's the point in having them if no work goes into it? It's the CL all over again.

Stadiums could be solved with an editor we had years ago but was taken out for some reason. Small fixes and some attention to detail could work wonders for PES 2019 but sadly it's an unfinished product yet again

Even just the broadcast could be more authentic, it just feels like a created league with the logo and that's it. Look at EA and how they present their licenced leagues, it looks spot on to TV broadcasting. If Konami have gone to the lengths to obtain the leagues then put some effort into making them look the part at least, what's the point in having them if no work goes into it? It's the CL all over again.

Stadiums could be solved with an editor we had years ago but was taken out for some reason. Small fixes and some attention to detail could work wonders for PES 2019 but sadly it's an unfinished product yet again
I agree completely with you ...

Let’s be honest. Konami are finished as a well thought of gaming publisher these days ...

I think we will get maybe two more pes releases before Konami pull the plug on it ....

I do wonder if they would take the money if someone more skilled and passionate like 2K Games offered them a sum of money to take PES off their hands?

I am not even ashamed to admit that I have put the game back on the shelf and it is staying there until a patch. I refuse to play it in its current state. I think a patch won't be far away, though

I am not even ashamed to admit that I have put the game back on the shelf and it is staying there until a patch. I refuse to play it in its current state. I think a patch won't be far away, though

I am stuck with digital version...

I will play it when I need my fix of football

Like I said before I like it ... but lots of flaws that can’t be ignored

I really don’t think we will get a patch

Get yourself a PS2 Chris and come and join us in the PESretro thread. For the first time i havent bought the latest PES and for the first time in a while i am enjoying football gaming again :)
I concur...

Thanks to @rockstrongo and co. I am enjoying pes 2013 again and to an extent pes 6

I need to spend more time in Retro Corner I keep forgetting about it :)

Also,I never feel like I've "earned" freekicks in this game.
It's like a lottery,not because the cpu is desperate and launch aggressive tackles when in trouble.

"This game will have 3 freekicks and we'll throw them in randomly"
That's how it feels

I concur...

Thanks to @rockstrongo and co. I am enjoying pes 2013 again and to an extent pes 6

I need to spend more time in Retro Corner I keep forgetting about it :)
Cheers mate,I strayed off a bit with 19,but every game I play the more the AI bugs me.
I'm playing 12-13-17 right now.
19 is a mess
In my mind the worst on ball AI ever.
You know what they call a game that doesn't have shooting or dribbling?
A golf game

Get yourself a PS2 Chris and come and join us in the PESretro thread. For the first time i havent bought the latest PES and for the first time in a while i am enjoying football gaming again :)

Which really annoys me as how much time would it take to do a re-mastered version of PES 6?

A big market for it too so could imagine it being a good seller.

Also,I never feel like I've "earned" freekicks in this game.
It's like a lottery,not because the cpu is desperate and launch aggressive tackles when in trouble.

"This game will have 3 freekicks and we'll throw them in randomly"
That's how it feels
I disgree with this i have won plenty of freekicks that feel have been in the right scenario. On the counter just leaving a man for dead, quick change of pace etc. Still not enough penalties but freekicks are vastly improved and it doesnt feel like they fouls just to get the numbers up

Its a joke. Japanese love WE and buy it a lot but Konami put Tai league and maybe Chinese rather than J League which has EA. Joke.

Well ... the ultimate joke falls on the muppets that sell themselves exclusively to one party ... shows just how much they actually respect all their potential fans and customers

I disgree with this i have won plenty of freekicks that feel have been in the right scenario. On the counter just leaving a man for dead, quick change of pace etc. Still not enough penalties but freekicks are vastly improved and it doesnt feel like they fouls just to get the numbers up
I've felt it has been a lottery,but I'm not really liking a lot of things with game.
When I played 17 right after,the level of aggression was much higher.
To be fair,CPU fouls Vs 18 is much better,but I don't see sloppy and aggressive defending.

I am stuck with digital version...

I will play it when I need my fix of football

Like I said before I like it ... but lots of flaws that can’t be ignored

I really don’t think we will get a patch

I'll be quite surprised in all honesty. When you have press reviews slating the state of your AI, you should really do something about it. I think there is far too many of us complaining about the AI and keepers stuck to line etc for it to be ignored.

If they do ignore it, i think PES20 will have shocking sales figures as no one will trust them

Which really annoys me as how much time would it take to do a re-mastered version of PES 6?

A big market for it too so could imagine it being a good seller.

Won't happen, for Pes 6 as for any other old chapter, reason is the same of why the single player is in this miserable state: they want as less things as possible to divert attention from My Club.

Full manual seems to completely override passing and shooting stats (except of max power). But that doesn´t matter, as these stats are completely worthless anyway due to the "free as a caged bird" assistance in anything above PA0.

After some testing, it is not completly overrided. It is not the same to play pass game with Leeds and 50 Team Spirit that to play pass game with Madrid...

How is that a proof that it won't be in the next DLC?

You want a proof that it isn't a proof?

Colombian league, although it would have an important marketing impact in LATAM, was never announced by Konami and isn't even listed on official website.
It's proof as it hasn't been announced. If/until it is announced it remains proof.

Colombian league was rumoured but was never official until released. Until it was released, there was no proof it was in the game.

At the end of the day, it's all speculative until it happens, if it does. Bar those background files, there is no speculation outside of people with no insider knowledge who are posting on forums. Saying that things are placeholders for CSL has absolutely no basis.

Back
Top Bottom