PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

There is. I used this and got him.
The older red files released few weeks back didn't have him but this does
Ahh right, fair enough. I used Junior Mantis' file that was posted on Reddit the other day and it didn't have 2018 Beckham. Will have a look.

EDIT: Just had a look and I'm pretty cerrain it's the same file I usrd and I didn't find 2018 Beckham on it. Odd.

Ahh right, fair enough. I used Junior Mantis' file that was posted on Reddit the other day and it didn't have 2018 Beckham. Will have a look.
I used his too beforehand .

Just download this and Beckham replaces some guy with a fake name. Good thing is it didn't mess anything up which I was wary of before importing. Good to know when the likes of Adriano comes out later in the year.

EDIT: Just had a look and I'm pretty cerrain it's the same file I usrd and I didn't find 2018 Beckham on it. Odd.

This 100% has him mate, I just done it the other night.

Not sure what you used then but one in that file has beckham 2018. It's the same file name but it has current Beckham.

Someone will probably confirm soon when they use it.

@Matt10 - I love the way you move the ball around in that live stream, but my God. I tuned in for AZ (you) away v De Graafschapp (AI) and all they did was that fucking low cross. Over and over and over.

I decided I'd try and get the game second-hand, because I really don't want to reward Konami for the state of the offline stuff this year, but watching that match just made me sad, man.

PES used to be all about every match being different. It's so sad. And now EA are saying that career mode isn't a priority any more... I think football gaming - for me - is absolutely dead, now.

@Matt10 - I love the way you move the ball around in that live stream, but my God. I tuned in for AZ (you) away v De Graafschapp (AI) and all they did was that fucking low cross. Over and over and over.

I decided I'd try and get the game second-hand, because I really don't want to reward Konami for the state of the offline stuff this year, but watching that match just made me sad, man.

PES used to be all about every match being different. It's so sad. And now EA are saying that career mode isn't a priority any more... I think football gaming - for me - is absolutely dead, now.

Not just you but our generation of gamers.

I think the days of sinking hours into offline career modes are gone, wouldn't be shocked to see PES go only online in the coming years.

Just words though, isn't it?
Show me some proof.

If you want to see the image with CSL and Thai leagues entries, just look at Ask questions thread on PC Editing section.
It's in the first pages.

But why don't you show me the proof that CSL won't be in the game?

Last edited:

Each year PES has "flaws" which I could swear are deliberate because they are left to fester.
Each year I try to eliminate that flaw to enjoy the game as best I can
This years flaw seems to be the offline AI/ML transfers - this then leads to folks being forced to online which is what konami would prefer.

So if we accept the offline game is not there then we have to make what we can of the online game. m those vids.

Create community comps/leagues/teach/learn.

That doesn't seen to be happening here.

Is this because :

-there are no friendly lobbies to link up in? ( I read a post saying this was the case )
-that the guys who are actually enjoying this PES are truly enjoying it and are just playing rather than posting. I have seen a few posts where people have said its the best pes since 2013 (I assume their comments relate to online play).
- that the forum is mostly PC users which are having a tough time with login issues

I'd love to get a copy of 19 to work out what the issue is here and then try to help solve it but I'm prepared to wait til its either a much much lower price/free to play OR they start fixing these offline issues.

The game is the community - i think it always has been since 2013 - and it shouldnt be too hard for a good community to make a cracking online game out of pes 2019 (unless they got rid of friendly lobbies of course)

I'm enjoying using Fulham lately - Mitrovic is a real handful in the air, you can loft in high R2 long balls to him and he will make them stick. Nice to be able to use such a different style of play and have some success.

Scored this goal as well, from an R2 cross, using a very subtle tap of super cancel to get in front of the defender;

(click for 1080/60fps)

Not sure whether it's the combination of attributes on or the "Heading" player trait that makes Mitrovic so effective, I recommend trying to use this type of player though, it's pretty fun!

Last edited:
I scored a header from a corner against @raul_ole with Canales (Real Betis). It was sweet. Almost scored another with Higuaín. 3rd match, 2 floaty headers. Headers can be scored on manual, but it needs to be a good context.

Stay strong. We're in this battle together.:LOL:
I'm Ok. No remorse whatsoever. So relieved actually. Like I said I'll check later down the line when the game's patched and hopefully plays better.

Looks like I'm going to treat PES like most games these days, buying them months later when they're patched up, fixed and cheaper. Just the sensible thing to do. (I actually wait for goty/complete editions, but PES doesn't have that)

football games going online was the beginning of the end

The "coup de grâce" was when EA introduced microtransactions and Konami decided also to turn PES into some Pachinko gambling game.

Nowadays unit sales don't really matter anymore, the lucrative business is with fut and myclub.

We deserve J League back :(
I believe they can add a part licensed one. Like the Spanish league. But just real players and fake teams. Japan is listed on FIFPro and there's random Japanese players in the others section already. They'd do it justice as well. Pretty much all the Japanese teams players in the AFC get real faces.

Just tried the skill training. Is it me, or does everything seem softcore in training setups? Dribbles aren't hard to stop, defenders and keepers easy to beat etc.

So I'm noticing the cross COM makes to me. I can't do much with it, 10% power won't work coz it keeps sending me floaty crosses. I do connect a few headers, and I do score, but they are all soft. Keeper just watches it go into the net (a skill training mode feature, seems like). Not sure what to make of it. It eliminates MY crossing inaccuracies, but replaces it with COM's less than ideal crosses. I played for 5 minutes, waiting for one decent cross, only 1 or 2 were decent. Some landed on my chest or knee height. Not sure how to make headers in this training feature, COM is not exactly delivering good balls either
Thanks for your feedback.
Although, you can manipulate where the cross will land by moving to certain areas and doing super-cancel to get in a better position for header, they are SOFT as you said which is not ideal. I didn't take the power of the cross into consideration so I guess, skill training "volley and headers" is not really a good way to practice.
Maybe, free training "corner kick" might be a good way to practice because you can add power to the cross. Will practice this way, and hopefully see improvements in terms of "less floatiness/power" on manual headers.
I can practice open play crosses, but that takes more time to set up since I always need make my crosser run the flanks first.

I never really liked shooting headers Pes15-18 but I still use "basic" shooting back then. I appreciate the cross more than the goal itself, but that's because I use L2 crosses.
Now on Pes19 and "manual shooting", I'm kinda obsessed with figuring how to get good at shooting headers.

I don't play offline so I don't know. Playing against AI programming is a bit different from playing against human. Human header clearance has more organic positioning and timing too, so there's more variables. I'm not sure how organic AI defensive tracking is for crosses into the box, like I'd kinda know how to cross into the box against a human, to loosen up the defensive tracking. I'm not sure if COM reacts the same way as human opponents.

Example of this, dribbling. I can dribble humans but I've always been bad at dribbling the COM in offline mode whenever I tried. They just don't read my intentions the same way as a human would. Sending the COM false signals, like a shoulder drop, or telegraphing a pass to pull the defender out of position (with body animation, but without sending the pass), super cancel body gestures....the COM doesn't buy into what I'm selling, so I get the feeling the whole game just doesn't play the same way, actions and reactions.
I think this is also the reason sometimes scoring against the AI is feels it was given to me.
If my human opponent makes a mistake that results in a goal for me, most of the time it feels natural because we know human can naturally make mistakes.
If COM makes a mistake, it always felt manufactured...because as we know, they can always defend well if they want to.

OLD topics but was never able to respond in your past post:
PA0 assistance/snapping:
It's exactly as you mentioned. Been noticing it a lot since the time you made me aware of it. I always believe there's a level of assistance but didn't realize it's as bad as you've mentioned.

R2+x: I've tested it side by side. I opened 2 pes19 at the same and use one controller for both. There a slight difference that I can notice. But it's too subtle to make an impact on how you play. My test isn't perfect yet, since there's a slight difference in the games' response to an input from the same controller.

X vs L2+X: There's a slight difference but not necessarily make the L2 pass more "FREE". Again, my test isn't perfect yet, so can't draw a conclusion.

Power in relation to space(between player and the ball): Not sure if it really does make a difference.:DD

Last edited:
Gamebreakers.
1 CPU defenders always finds their targets when passing the ball to mf.
Gegenpress/man marking/no special setting.
It's like HUM mf who suppose to put pressure on receivers are one step slow or have anti ball repellelent all over them.

2 crosses/corners
Way to low count on getting a touch on those
One out of every 10?
And a solid header?
One out of every 10 there too?
Do some math on those numbers.

3 corners being cleared by the CPU almost always end up with their striker,who can collect it,have possession until their players moves up.

4 the success rate of CPU tiki taka/low cross business is way to high.
I refuse to believe Hearts from a shitty (sorry proud people of Scotland) league can tiki taka their way through a top ranked Serie A side.
Not because I chase or defend poorly,but because my players position is off and CPU passing is over the top.

And I haven't even mentioned the flaws everyone has mentioned since day one (no shooting/no dribbling/GK glued to their lines)

This game right now is pretty much over for me.
I played an old 17 save,and despite its issues,that game has muchore to offer than this.
Pity,so much good stuff in it,love how you can dribble/shoot/move with this,also how the cpu defends.
But CPU AI when attacking is just horrible.
Just like 18

Last edited:
Funny that konami have done a twitter competition so that the there timeline is swamped by people trying to win a copy rather than it being swamped by complaints. Some are getting through of course but it's nowhere near as prolific!

I'm Ok. No remorse whatsoever. So relieved actually. Like I said I'll check later down the line when the game's patched and hopefully plays better.

Looks like I'm going to treat PES like most games these days, buying them months later when they're patched up, fixed and cheaper. Just the sensible thing to do. (I actually wait for goty/complete editions, but PES doesn't have that)

Long gone the days of it being like Christmas when a new PES came out. Think this is the first time I'm accepting that then days of pure unadulterated bliss of gameplay against the COM are gone

I suppose it's only natural that the focus is online because that's where the money is, and us purists looking for a special ML are a dying breed.

I remember Adam on an old WENB podcast close to PES 12 release I listened to a while back talking about the essence of PES - the player individuality, how no two matches are the same, how master league should develop how manual passing shouldn't be near a stat based game, and how the dpad was the proper way to play and not the analogue stick lol...how times have changed

I believe they can add a part licensed one. Like the Spanish league. But just real players and fake teams. Japan is listed on FIFPro and there's random Japanese players in the others section already. They'd do it justice as well. Pretty much all the Japanese teams players in the AFC get real faces.

Japan is FIFPro member, but I believe players' rights are owned by the Japan Football League association.

The "random" Japanese players in Others section are actually Japanese NT reserve players that are under licence via Japan NT license.

The proof is that you don't see real J League players in Football Manager :(.

The only chance is that Konami releases a DLC at the beginning of the season March next year as they own the license, although we don't know yet if this license covers PC and console games.

Japan is FIFPro member, but I believe players' rights are owned by the Japan Football League association.

The "random" Japanese players in Others section are actually Japanese NT reserve players that are under licence via Japan NT license.

The proof is that you don't see real J League players in Football Manager :(.

The only chance is that Konami releases a DLC at the beginning of the season March next year as they own the license, although we don't know yet if this license covers PC and console games.

Ahhh ok. Fair enough. :)

Is it me or is player quickness and explosiveness especially in the open field completely dumbed down ? I can’t seem to get any separation with fast players like Douglas costa dybala or Ronaldo. Been using Juve the whole time so far. Any thoughts ??

I’m talking stricklty online play here.

Peeps that have played ML in depth in PES 2018 .. I presume this feature will be the same in PES 2019.

Say I play Liverpool and say Mane has a very cheap Minimum Release Clause.

I don't want AI to be able to activate his Release Clause; what's the best thing to do?

The problem with PES (unlike FIFA): we cannot increase his Release Clause to ridiculous amount, can we? From memory, if I want to negotiate new contract and increase his Release Clause, it'll be default $ amount, which still doable for AI to activate.

Of course nobody asks about his back.:LOL:
What happened with your back?

Haha, my youngest son is what happened. He's like heaving a kettlebell - and let's just say I had poor form!

He was bending over backwards to prevent low crosses from AI..

Lovely, I spit out my tea!

Looks more slower and realistic than when i play it that's why I asked.
I tried -1 a few years back but found you lost out on the responsiveness so never went back to it

I think a big part of it is how I play and also how the CPU plays because I let them play...if that makes sense. I don't move my teammates unless I absolutely need to. That is unheard of in PES, because positioning has been underwhelming for years. If you watch the matches, I just control my DMF and teammate pressure when necessary. CPU reacts accordingly and you'll see them build more realistically imho. Doesn't solve low cross or outside shooting of course.

See, to me this is another example of how the player dictates the game speed in some way and to some degree too!
i can say that cause I think we play with the same mind set.

Get well mate!! Gesundheit. :)

Yes, I think they've done well in mixing up how the teams are set up this year. That stream had 3 matches, each played differently. I had to mix up my approaches based on what they gave me - and I felt they did the same throughout the course of the match.

I know, man, it's just one of those things. For every 6 or 7 low crosses they send in, they try a long one. The saving grace, to me, is that each team is different. Some pick it up sooner that they need to send in a different type of ball, and some will keep trying. I'm more annoyed by the backheels in the box to be honest. The thing is though I did't really pay attention to this because the overall match was enjoyable. They didn't put high pressure on me, but they did start to take more chances towards the closing parts of the match - eventually capitalizing twice on my lack of composure in clearing the ball. It was a match in which the home side was really playing for a point, and ended up getting 3 points.

If anything, it was my own play that resulted in losing that match. I know that sounds obvious, but in reviewing it, I did not mix it up that much. I sent the ball down the wings, and tried to cross into my big forward.

Next match of the stream was hectic, end to end action. Really out of my element as that is not how I usually play, but I was enjoying the difference from the last match.

I understand where you're coming from though. I personally would love the CPU to shoot more, take on players more and just take more chances as a whole. I do like the fact that there is a high risk and reward for passing the ball forward. That was not evident in PES 16 thru 18. In those versions it was so easy for both the user and CPU to pass forward - without any worry. Easily turn and face goal. That, to me, became mundane and boring.

This year has more potential than ever. The problem with having potential in PES is that it is hardly ever reached because the "P" stands for pipedream more than anything. Unless the powers that be realize where they screwed up and actually want to set things on the right course, we're left with what we've got.

If you want to see the image with CSL and Thai leagues entries, just look at Ask questions thread on PC Editing section.
It's in the first pages.

But why don't you show me the proof that CSL won't be in the game?
The proof of that is the fact the CSL isn't either in the game now or announced to be coming as DLC. I'd have thought that would have been quite clear.

Costa got a yellow for diving against me. Nice touch.
Playing against Ronaldo is a mess as he just stands on the wing slinging low cross after low cross.
How slow have they made Messi as well?

Back
Top Bottom