PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Fact #3:
In 2020 wing play will not be there anymore.

I knew I missed that #3 ... I was going to say that .. when Konami fixed the low ball crossing .. then what's going to happen? there will be absolute zero low crossing ever hahaha .. so predictable ...

I am no developer .. so I don't know how hard it is to add that total randomness to gameplay but from customer perspective, when we said fix that low ball crossing and wing play .. that doesn't mean ZERO low ball crossing and ZERO wing play.

I knew I missed that #3 ... I was going to say that .. when Konami fixed the low ball crossing .. then what's going to happen? there will be absolute zero low crossing ever hahaha .. so predictable ...

I am no developer .. so I don't know how hard it is to add that total randomness to gameplay but from customer perspective, when we said fix that low ball crossing and wing play .. that doesn't mean ZERO low ball crossing and ZERO wing play.
But last year it wasnt bad. Yes, through balls were a bit OP, but it wasnt as obvious and annoying as this years low crossing. Last year we had long shots, dribbling, wing play, headers. It was actually ok.
I didnt like pes18. Movements, animations, lack of fouls and the way players were just tripping, insteas of falling most of the time, didnt appeal to me.
But from AI perspetive it wasnt a bad game at all. Now they fixed most of the things that were annoying me but broke AI...

unless its changed since last year you have a choice - normal squad or old master league squad.
No. I think i misunderstood. I was talking about "youth academy".
You can choose whether to start with team lineups or default players like years ago. I thought you were asking about youth players. Youth players are the same on each team.
No sorry I was talking about which teams have a decent batch of young players. For example go back a few years Monaco had lemar, Mbappe etc. Man Utd have Martial, rashford and Pogba. I’m looking for a fun team with a decent base of young players but also a decent budget to bring others in.

No sorry I was talking about which teams have a decent batch of young players. For example go back a few years Monaco had lemar, Mbappe etc. Man Utd have Martial, rashford and Pogba. I’m looking for a fun team with a decent base of young players but also a decent budget to bring others in.

I can recommend Nice from Ligue 1 in France. Very good and young team

Anyone had a long term injury yet?

10 weeks for ligament damage to 'me' in my master league (I play as myself on fixed cursor but in ML).

Incidentally, I've had 2 penalties in the last 2 days which has been a nice shock. One in my master league and one in an exhibition.

Last edited:
10 weeks for ligament damage to 'me' in my master league (I play as myself on fixed cursor but in ML).

Incidentally, I've had 2 penalties in the last 2 days which has been a nice shock. One in my master league and one in an exhibition.
I got 3 months (12 weeks out) in my ML.
Also have a mix of BAL/ML mode going
Created myself in a team,no fixed cursor though,play it as usual.
Quick thought mate.
Since you'd probably noticed,if you create a player,a pretty good one,you always draw more freekicks with him than other players.
Wonder how much you'd draw with a whole team of created players.
Always been to lazy to try,might try it on 18,which has no freekicks

I got 3 months (12 weeks out) in my ML.
Also have a mix of BAL/ML mode going
Created myself in a team,no fixed cursor though,play it as usual.
Quick thought mate.
Since you'd probably noticed,if you create a player,a pretty good one,you always draw more freekicks with him than other players.
Wonder how much you'd draw with a whole team of created players.
Always been to lazy to try,might try it on 18,which has no freekicks
Get the Malicia skill!

Quick question guys - if I have a preexisting master league save and I go into edit mode on the main menu and change Tactics for AI teams, will these changes carry over into my ML?

Quick question guys - if I have a preexisting master league save and I go into edit mode on the main menu and change Tactics for AI teams, will these changes carry over into my ML?

No, I don't think so. I tried removing some advanced tactics from my next opponent and when I reloaded my save they immediately put some on. I'll happily start again once PESworld finish their bundesliga but will do some editing first - the 'Deep defensive line' does my head in.

@rockstrongo - I did a base copy of Fekir for my player because I liked how he felt in the demo and gave him a small boost to match up his stats that the 'dipping shot' card states. (He has the card already but one stat is a bit below the card training requirement?!?). I hadn't thought about the created player aspect, I've always put my foul count down to the fact that I dribble an awful lot and try a few skills and that always draws a few fouls. And also as pro too says, I make sure that my player has the Malicia card for those flayling arms fouls that it gives. Maybe if the AI dribbled more than 10m every match we would get a realistic foul count!

They might be for some main ones, i.e. Barca - Real. But i for example use Cypes OF, and they have introduced additional rivalries, basically all 3 edit mode slots for most or all teams. These I set to off.

Why do you turn off rivalries?

Anyone had a long term injury yet?

Two-thirds through first season and I've had one two week and a few that were for a few days..

I mean this goal for example it's difficult for me in manual shooting. Benzema is facing the corner of the field 90 degrees from the goal, in manual shooting I need to turn the body until Benzema is facing goal.

You don't have to turn your body on first touch actions like these. Just don't charge your power bar up, go for 10% power. This is more of a deflection/redirection, than a shot with full leg swing. The higher the power, the more radical your body moves.

Heel trick, and maybe first time shot might help too.

So I gotta say, manual headers are pretty easy for me. I think so far I'm having a decently realistic success rate.

But I'm quite picky-choosy on my deliveries into the box. I always pick out someone, if I don't see an opportunity, I don't even pass.

4 situations I'm looking for:
- the guy is tall
- the guy is heavy (weight)
- the guy is wide open
- the guy has good movement/run attacking the space

I'm not even sure if jump stat is important, but anyway it just doesn't cross my mind. Coz I'm just looking at my players in the box, and I think, "oh this guy is tall. This guy looks built." I can't see jump stat from physical appearance so I'll take what I can see. Maybe it does, it's just not intuitive for me to do.

Timing:
- it is not when u make contact with the ball (very very last moment)
- it is not earlier the better
- if u think of it like this...pressing a button, changes the animation. when you press [], your animation starts to change. And it goes.... knees bending -> compression force -> jump force released -> heading/contact with ball

So, what I mean is, you have to reverse engineer the time. You have to imagine the time of contact. So now you think about how early you have to compress your jump. Because that's what [] does, it begins the compression of the jump.

If you press [] too early, you lose momentum of your run/approach. So you have to be good at timing it in reverse, budgeting just enough to jump and meet the ball on your head, not more, not less. You can do more or less, but I imagine it could be floaty, you could be leaving that up to stat to decide, I'm not sure.

So here's 1st half of a game where I made 3 powerful headers, all very threatening (@1:35, 5:15, 6:30), in the same half. The players I made these headers with aren't even great at headers? But context and timing plays out correctly so it's nice enough to create a threat.

The final tip:
- Be choosy about your deliveries into the box. I refuse to pass into the box a lot if I can't pick out my runs. It's not good to be sending hopeful balls into the box. It's almost understandable if those crosses aren't met with good headers. Quality over quantity.
- Watch what's going on in the box. Watch for movement/runs. Not every player in the box wants you to cross to them. If they aren't up to it, don't send them.
- Have a habit of not even pressing [], if the cross don't look like it's close enough to cross. I think this helps in having clarity of what exactly is a good opportunity or not. There are crosses I don't even jump for, coz it's just half 1-2 head space away from where I can humanly possibly jump to. That's what I mean by clarity, know your spacing. Having a habit of not jumping unless it's right, kinda makes you very aware of how far you are actually from the incoming ball.

One more thing..

Power: power is another factor that effects timing. The more power you put into it, the more time it takes to compress the jump. If you go for more power, you need to add this to your reverse budgeting of timing (press [] a bit earlier). Just think of it as, you need to bend your knees more to compress a huge jump, that whole animation is going take more time to unfold. Reverse that in timing and you'll know when to press [] (compress your jump).

It's the same as taking a open shot. More power on [], the leg swing is more radical, animation takes longer to unfold, thus you budget the timing earlier.

Almost 99% of my headers is 10% power (just use in incoming force of the cross instead), I don't want to bother with long animations/large motions and timing them out.

Bonus: Full power X header pass from far post, centering the ball @1:19. Look at that big animation and how early I powered up. Also because I cannot use the original incoming force of the cross in this type of situation, so I gotta generate my own power.

One more little gripe.....

Flying scissor kicks .......by centre halfs.
I get about 3 scissor kicks by AI a match when I put in crosses.

So I gotta say, manual headers are pretty easy for me. I think so far I'm having a decently realistic success rate.

But I'm quite picky-choosy on my deliveries into the box. I always pick out someone, if I don't see an opportunity, I don't even pass.

4 situations I'm looking for:
- the guy is tall
- the guy is heavy (weight)
- the guy is wide open
- the guy has good movement/run attacking the space

I'm not even sure if jump stat is important, but anyway it just doesn't cross my mind. Coz I'm just looking at my players in the box, and I think, "oh this guy is tall. This guy looks built." I can't see jump stat from physical appearance so I'll take what I can see. Maybe it does, it's just not intuitive for me to do.

Timing:
- it is not when u make contact with the ball (very very last moment)
- it is not earlier the better
- if u think of it like this...pressing a button, changes the animation. when you press [], your animation starts to change. And it goes.... knees bending -> compression force -> jump force released -> heading/contact with ball

So, what I mean is, you have to reverse engineer the time. You have to imagine the time of contact. So now you think about how early you have to compress your jump. Because that's what [] does, it begins the compression of the jump.

If you press [] too early, you lose momentum of your run/approach. So you have to be good at timing it in reverse, budgeting just enough to jump and meet the ball on your head, not more, not less. You can do more or less, but I imagine it could be floaty, you could be leaving that up to stat to decide, I'm not sure.

So here's 1st half of a game where I made 3 powerful headers, all very threatening (@1:35, 5:15, 6:30), in the same half. The players I made these headers with aren't even great at headers? But context and timing plays out correctly so it's nice enough to create a threat.

The final tip:
- Be choosy about your deliveries into the box. I refuse to pass into the box a lot if I can't pick out my runs. It's not good to be sending hopeful balls into the box. It's almost understandable if those crosses aren't met with good headers. Quality over quantity.
- Watch what's going on in the box. Watch for movement/runs. Not every player in the box wants you to cross to them. If they aren't up to it, don't send them.
- Have a habit of not even pressing [], if the cross don't look like it's close enough to cross. I think this helps in having clarity of what exactly is a good opportunity or not. There are crosses I don't even jump for, coz it's just half 1-2 head space away from where I can humanly possibly jump to. That's what I mean by clarity, know your spacing. Having a habit of not jumping unless it's right, kinda makes you very aware of how far you are actually from the incoming ball.

One more thing..

Power: power is another factor that effects timing. The more power you put into it, the more time it takes to compress the jump. If you go for more power, you need to add this to your reverse budgeting of timing (press [] a bit earlier). Just think of it as, you need to bend your knees more to compress a huge jump, that whole animation is going take more time to unfold. Reverse that in timing and you'll know when to press [] (compress your jump).

It's the same as taking a open shot. More power on [], the leg swing is more radical, animation takes longer to unfold, thus you budget the timing earlier.

Almost 99% of my headers is 10% power (just use in incoming force of the cross instead), I don't want to bother with long animations/large motions and timing them out.

Bonus: Full power X header pass from far post, centering the ball @1:19. Look at that big animation and how early I powered up. Also because I cannot use the original incoming force of the cross in this type of situation, so I gotta generate my own power.
Thanks for long explanations about headers. Yesterday I experimented also some things about headers. I came to conclusion that you have to use power of the ball to make successfull header, what I mean, if ball come from left wing and you attack on the right side of the field, you should choose to push up (to meet the ball) and then right with little modification to where ball goes but not bellow straight right direction of analog stick. This was from corners only, like in your case. From regular attacking crosses it`s difficult almost impossible to score. This need fixing!!!

Just had a superb Manchester Derby on Professional. Man City beat me 4-3 but I was 4-1 down at one point. Dirty tackles, a different variety of goals and plays, who says the AI is boring.

Just had a superb Manchester Derby on Professional. Man City beat me 4-3 but I was 4-1 down at one point. Dirty tackles, a different variety of goals and plays, who says the AI is boring.

Playing v city can be brutal. They don’t give any time on the ball.
One of the few teams who play like they do in real life.

Back
Top Bottom