PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Ball kicking into the net is in! ;)
I do that from time to time.
But yeah, sometimes the duck family looks stupid. I try to resemble real celebrations as far as it let’s me. Running a few meter and press sig celeb button. Sometimes I go to the crowd.

Which one is the sig celeb button?

Hey guys, any tips for outside the box goals? Gks are insane good from distant shots, dunno if im missing something... should i stop pressing the running button when shooting?

its very hard, on manual its almost impossible (on manual i scored more overhead kick goals than goals outside the 6YARD BOX!), what i suggest is to keep the radar on and watch if the goalie comes off his line a bit. and yes you need a good shooter or good curler for it

For longer shots use manual button. You can smash them from distance and have full control. Although they are difficult

Last edited:
Which one is the sig celeb button?
One of the two celeb buttons! Some players have signature moves assigned to them.
This is why I love pes. It was tight match in the first half, I changed the tactic and let them get possesion, one good counter attack and bam... look how natural and realistic looks, how Tadic wins his position over the fullback using his strenght... love it :)

But it’s French!! ;)

you will need good shooter and good precision. Yes it`s difficult to score, I succeed 3-4 times but with manual shooting. Goals are very satisfying just becouse they are difficult. They should slightly lower keeper capabilities but also I saw some awesome reactions from them...
Pes 2019 with few tweaks can be best football game ever (on the pitch)
I'm playing 0 game speed which helps outside shooting a bit,and get some nice goals.

I just think it makes them lazy although I read somewhere it makes them prone to injury. I think it's pretty effective as a new feature

I wait for DLC. Content is poor. Chants is poor. Fake stadia is poor. Licensed stadia is good but not enough. Lost Borrusia stadium. In the past i was hardcore :D football fan and always supporters chants was very important for me. In Pes not exist at all. When i play FIFA and hear supporters chants like in real im so much exited. When i play Pes i dont feel im in football match in particular in England. Good commentary, very laud football fans supporters, real banners and flags love it in football. Pes is so poor in this department.

I wait for DLC. Content is poor. Chants is poor. Fake stadia is poor. Licensed stadia is good but not enough. Lost Borrusia stadium. In the past i was hardcore :D football fan and always supporters chants was very important for me. In Pes not exist at all. When i play FIFA and hear supporters chants like in real im so much exited. When i play Pes i dont feel im in football match in particular in England. Good commentary, very laud football fans supporters, real banners and flags love it in football. Pes is so poor in this department.

PES has always been poor for all of that to be honest, if that's what seals the deal then FIFA is a must for you.

You can on PC get mods so you can have chants, stadiums banners and all of that but sadly for consoles we are still limited.

ok. im bored with the cpu. it seems i have to play myclub.

Does fatigue only plays part in injury and obviously pace ? Does it affect shooting power? Does it impact on players' ability to shield the ball ?

I just think it makes them lazy although I read somewhere it makes them prone to injury. I think it's pretty effective as a new feature

makes them lazier and injury prone, and adds more possibility to shield the ball less and to have more heavy touch to my experience. pretty cool feature

Opting for a minimalist look.
No scoreboard(I rarely win anyway:D). No radar(I don't look at them anyway). No name tags(I realized I don't need them).
I always use L2 on all my lobs and crosses on PA0, It feels good when your cross/lob lands to where you intended to.

Last edited:

These shots are ridiculous... This striker has 70 finishing, 72 kicking power and nearly all the goals I score with him are like this.

These shots are ridiculous... This striker has 70 finishing, 72 kicking power and nearly all the goals I score with him are like this.
On that, I have a question to FUMA people.
From my understanding, Manual shots should give you complete freedom of shooting - strenght, angle, hight, etc.
But how do you do low strikes from outside the box on Manual? Does advance shooting not actually give you more shooting options?

Hey guys, any tips for outside the box goals? Gks are insane good from distant shots, dunno if im missing something... should i stop pressing the running button when shooting?

I found that holding the direction you want the shot to go helps. Scored a few that way.

On that, I have a question to FUMA people.
From my understanding, Manual shots should give you complete freedom of shooting - strenght, angle, hight, etc.
But how do you do low strikes from outside the box on Manual? Does advance shooting not actually give you more shooting options?
Advanced does give you more options...

Manual lets you choose the direction (left stick direction) and the power/height is combined into one input (charge time).
Advanced lets you choose the direction, height and power seperately, so you can perform these powerful low shots that are impossible on manual.

Advanced does give you more options...

Manual lets you choose the direction (left stick direction) and the power/height is combined into one input (charge time).
Advanced lets you choose the direction, height and power seperately, so you can perform these powerful low shots that are impossible on manual.
even if i turned off direction and target guide; to me it feels soooo damn off when putting the stick away from goal! just can't do it! :)
so, i'll stick with fuma.

even if i turned off direction and target guide; to me it feels soooo damn off when putting the stick away from goal! just can't do it! :)
I had the same. All the way till PES19 I had this problem. Thats why I always had basic shooting.
Manual - i just couldnt do it. I was sending balls to the sidelines.just couldnt adjust from running to shooting on target and even if i hit the target, there was no way of picking corner. I was happy enough to shot on goal. Plus sometimes I couldnt see the damn goal from outside the box so I was aiming blind there.
Advanced - exactly like you. Just felt so odd...
Somehow, for some strange reason, it just clicked on PES19. And all I did was 15 mins on training ground just against the keeper.
Now when I pull off some sick low shot from outside the box it just feels sooooo nice!

And I heard opinions that advanced shooting is OP. I disagree. There is still a lot of misses and I do believe stats matter there.

Anyway - I was just wondering why people choose manual above advanced. I was wondering was there any secret way of shooting that I didnt know about.

For me advanced shooting feels also unrealistic when putting the stick away from goal. I tried to use manual shooting but feels unnatural and unrealistic because the player has to be facing the direction you want to shoot. In real life there are plenty of shoots where the body of the player is not facing goal.

I stick to basic shooting, you can aim everywhere and shoot with the body of the player in any position, depending of the position you have more or less success, you can also aim at the center or at the sides of goal pressing more or less the stick to the direction you want to shoot and you can choose power pressing square button. This combined with PA0 and Advanced throw ball is the way I find more natural in my fingers.

for me, advance shooting in pes is like the penalty system in fifa. it just feels odd and makes the game feel more "gamey".

i think also a lot of players don't have too much time to care about controls. i wanted the most unassisted setting i could get so i switched it to FUMA and generally stuck with that.

that said, i am open to revisiting advanced shooting when FUMA gets a bit boring as i'm aware there are animations there still to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom