PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Anyone else noticed that 2nd half injury time never seems to be more than 2 minutes? Very odd.
Had 4 min just last night (human vs. human, 20 min)!
Anther minor thing i noticed the other day: I had a game with +1 injury time. I had a look at the clock (showing 90 min) and decided to go for one last attack from the wing. The ref thought otherwise and blew the whistle at 90 min +40 seconds! :D
Loved that little detail!!
Sure I could not finish my attack but I was so surprised the ref blew the final whistle a little early, the game ended and I was smiling about that detail! :)

Only played PvP matches so far (15 minutes), but it's been three and four minutes most of the time for me.

Anther minor thing i noticed the other day: I had a game with +1 injury time. I had a look at the clock (showing 90 min) and decided to go for one last attack from the wing. The ref thought otherwise and blew the whistle at 90 min +40 seconds! :D
Sure I could not finish my attack but I was so surprised the ref blew the final whistle a little early, the game ended and I was smiling about that detail! :)

Hmm I'm offline only, watched a few vids of other people's ML and they all seemed to be max 2 mins as well. Another offline bug? :LOL:

The AI still really struggles in 3 defender formations. Had to leave a club in BAL because of how bad it was.

I’ve seen 5 minutes of additional time once. It was online.
I've seen the game give +1 of additional time and still play to close to 94 minutes. Lovely little detail that is. It's nice to not know exactly when the whistle will blow, adds some extra tension if it's a tight game.

Surely spinning Messi & Neymar in the first week is just a total anticlimax? What's left to achieve building a team if you have everything in under 7 days?

Personally I don't get it?

I'm playing MyClub for the first time and have no urge to even try and get a team full of top players this early , if ever....
Maybe I'm just weird! I know I'm not playing the mode how it was intended but I don't care.

I have a 2 star team and no superstars & I'm enjoying the offline tournaments, cloud matches & the odd online ranked match

God's honest truth, if were to spin a Messi or Neymar etc this early I'd not even use them, I'd convert them into an EXP trainer and level up someone else. Call me crazy or whatever but I wouldn't be able to extract any fun from the mode with nothing to work for after one week.

You aren't the only one, and you aren't weird.

It is a great way to get a lot out of MyClub. I just signed the Real Betis coach, 3-4-2-1 formation and finding players to fit that system. I have Suarez, Gabriel Jesus and Coutinho already but I m not using them in my 2 star team.

I've seen the game give +1 of additional time and still play to close to 94 minutes. Lovely little detail that is. It's nice to not know exactly when the whistle will blow, adds some extra tension if it's a tight game.

Agreed. Like the fact that it is random.

Oh Konami what have you done? Gameplayspeed was perfect after release. As every year: it is getting faster and faster with every patch. I thought you are aiming for the perfect football simulation?

Some of the superb critical feedback Konami are receiving on social media:DOH:

As you said it, i had that other „extreme“ too. :) +1 and the ref kept on playing. Little details. Y’all know by now: I LOVE THEM!! :)
;)

The scripting in MyClub is killing me. Enjoyed the first week of play but yesterday and today I have been hit by an entirely unresponsive team and my defenders forgetting why they are there.. I only have a 3 star side but I play against other 3 star sides. Players like Oliver Torres or Draxler have very good dribbling stats but for the last 8 games or so they can't turn or string a couple of passes together. I would say I just faced good players but when I can't even get my players to try to jump for a header or make a simple turn to change direction without it taking about 9 hours to do so, even my patience is wearing thin. I can take losing, especially if I have been outplayed, but losing because my team has decided they fancy trying to be a Sunday league side today is destroying the enjoyment of the game online right now. I am very confused how this is allowed to continue by Konami, its baffling and blatant and really does need to go.

I did a quick check of other teams on my ML recently where i'm almost halfway through season 2 and the team with the fewest players had about 20 in their squad. Nothing like some pictures posted where teams were down to 9 players! I'm on PS4 btw

After two games and the window shutting. Palace where down to 14 players and Schlupp died in my match because he couldn't be substituted since Palace only had 2 subs and a keeper they refused to put on.

They decided to almost buy a whole new team then after Burnley now have 16 players after the window shutting. 11 outfield players and 5 goalkeepers, yes 5!!!

Something is straight broken in ML and it's most likely down to the low Minimum Release clauses.

Its a glitch that must be fixed!!!! lol

I’ve found my sweet spot for ML games.

Superstar

12 min games

Default control scheme/assists

It’s talks BS at times but the games I’m having are tough yet rewarding.

Despite its MANY flaws this plays a lovely game of footy ball.

I will get Fifa digital as well so I am stuck with both games ... but pes keeps sucking me back for more [and more and more and more as Drury tells us]

I play football games now with open mind and not too much seriousness

If you take all this too seriously you won’t ever enjoy the games

People obsess too much over duplicates and ‘ faces ‘ and that’s fine, if it kills immersion for you I won’t argue ... but for me it’s just to get my short fix of video game football that I had craved since I was playing home computer games like Match Day on Spectrum 48k

I jump in after work, open a beer, play a few ML matches, turn off and do something else.

I used to spend life obsess over football games but I’m too old for that now.

So.ive still only played 8 games of Myclub and I completed a load of the easy objectives and opened 2 player of the week things. 97 Messi which is 99 at CF and some random 86 rated keeper.

My team now is just ridiculous and I no reason to play and develop it any further.

Offline in ML I have a similar issue, I can sign very unrealistic targets and build is very good team without much of a challenge. The gameplay is ok though which sorta keeps me going. I'm in my first January transfer window atm

they are getting a right earful on twitter, Konami. About time. Bhatti and Asim have fled the continent.
Good

I remember one of them from WENB many moons ago

PES is in a strange place at moment ...

There are pes shills, the old master league crowd and the Fifa-to-PES myClub players.

Unfortunately for us, the two mentioned on your post are pes shills ... and I wouldn’t mind but they treat people like s**t at times

Anyone that abuses them deserves it ... but not us. The old master league crowd...

I would replace them with professional, intelligent neutral men/woman who understand what the PES audience want as a whole ....

So ... focus on myClub people

Don’t ignore the master league heads

Take on criticism and don’t shoot every single person down or block them for bringing up obvious flaws in game

It’s a good community but it’s diminishing by the day

I remember when we had pes fan, wen B, this place ... full of master league crowd

These people are being replaced by myClub fanatics only concerned about Opening Messi

Sad times

Bit OT of course but what happened to that guy Vital (Stupidusername when here right?)? That guy was a gem! Even if I almost never agreed with him he was entertaining.
I always remember that guy because of his avatar. It makes me uncomfortable.:DD
I never seen him posting after the demo is released.

I’ve found my sweet spot for ML games.

Superstar

12 min games

Default control scheme/assists

It’s talks BS at times but the games I’m having are tough yet rewarding.

Despite its MANY flaws this plays a lovely game of footy ball.

I will get Fifa digital as well so I am stuck with both games ... but pes keeps sucking me back for more [and more and more and more as Drury tells us]

I play football games now with open mind and not too much seriousness

If you take all this too seriously you won’t ever enjoy the games

People obsess too much over duplicates and ‘ faces ‘ and that’s fine, if it kills immersion for you I won’t argue ... but for me it’s just to get my short fix of video game football that I had craved since I was playing home computer games like Match Day on Spectrum 48k

I jump in after work, open a beer, play a few ML matches, turn off and do something else.

I used to spend life obsess over football games but I’m too old for that now.
a good way to take on it, although for me, if i see the AI once going 1 on 1 with keeper and then turn to go to corner flag.... sorry but i m gonna shoot the tv...KONAMI come onnnnnnnnnn!!!

did someone figured out how to score headers on manual? I am pissed off, maybe 7-8 chances from crosses and all headers went above the goal. This should not be hard to fix but better they get some info about fixing stuff becouse if the game stay in this state fifa will make massacre to pes

Vital is a good guy, a PES fanatic who craves the game to improve. Last I saw of him on WENB he was hammering PES6 again due to how poor the current games are.
It's just his avatar that makes me uncomfortable, not his posts.:)
I always read his posts even if it's long. It's always entertaining.

did someone figured out how to score headers on manual? I am pissed off, maybe 7-8 chances from crosses and all headers went above the goal. This should not be hard to fix but better they get some info about fixing stuff becouse if the game stay in this state fifa will make massacre to pes
I figured it out. You need a lot of luck or scripting by the game.

On rare occasions that I scored them, there's no feeling of satisfaction. Just a feeling that it was given to me.

Not really a fan of the way certain players put so much backspin on their long passes, I think it's the "Weighted Pass" trait. It can be useful sometimes and look great, but really limits what you can do on the counter attack. By the time these floaty passes get to their target, it ends up being an aerial challenge or 50/50 where the usual whipped long balls are much more incisive.

Using manual cross instead (L2+L1) produces the kind of pacier pass I'd want, but in certain situations it's unusable because of the way the player switching behaves on "crosses" - always selecting a central striker. If you try to do a manual cross from a central position to a winger, or from a FB to CB then often you can't get control of the recipient until it's too late.

I figured it out. You need a lot of luck or scripting by the game.

On rare occasions that I scored them, there's no feeling of satisfaction. Just a feeling that it was given to me.

I have score some headers by using super cancel as soon as you send the cross.
In fact, a scored one yesterday with Icardi and then an air backheel too using the same method.

Back
Top Bottom