PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

@PRO_TOO I love manual, but Im really struggling with creating chances. Defense in PES19 is organised, goes back deep and swarms the penalty area. I have huge problems with this last little pass into space. There is too many bodies there :D
But im not giving up

Why make yourself suffer ? For the love of the sport enjoy the game :)

I know I scored a scripted goal when:
1. My player suddenly get into position without my control.
2. Defender ignores the ball
3. I only need to tap "shoot"

What an unsatisfying piece of ...
Some do not wake up to this, its obvious on corners when it is in your favour and when not. When will this idiocy be removed from PES and FIFA?!

Pes2011 MLO was the best thing ever, i couldnt get enough of it.
If only they keeped that system/balance and included all of the modes/competitions existing in the current etition..
But its already a lost battle, it is setup so kids can get Messi Maradona Cruyff and Kahn in all the teams

Boring boring stuff

Absolutely this! And you could change formation etc. So if 2-1 down with 10 minutes left you could put 5 up front if you wanted!

It took me until around March of the next year to finally get the team I wanted! The Italian Stallions! A team made up of Italy's 2006 World Cup winning team!

That first Master League Online was beyond good.

i feel: for every video showing the flaws of the game, there are tons of awesome videos with individual moments! :D
and as long as the ratio is 1:10 (maybe even higher), i keep a smile on my face and playing that game! :BYE:

This! Very very well said!

Why make yourself suffer ? For the love of the sport enjoy the game :)

Let him suffer! Everyone who started learning FUMA had to suffer. Once you get used to it, you´ll be happy that you never gave up ;).

Played some Myclub yesterday and really enjoyed it.
I only played one of those competitions against the COM though.
The players I got were Coutinho, Payet, Smolov and three midfieslders (silver ball).
Also on loan, Beckham, De Bruyne and Coutinho (again....lol).

For that one offline challenge I have 6 days left and need 3 wins. First game is on regular, which is no problem, but 2nd one is one level higher (advanced in english I believe) and AI always beat me.
Had 3 attempts and kept losing but I don´t wanna play anything else than full manual.
Maybe, after some time I won´t be playing that mode no more, but for the beginning it´s quite fun.
Nice touch that they´ve removed that roulette crap and when you sign a player, it looks cool when he wears your kit.

Also a big plus:
First time that I noticed that visible fatigue! A few players with low stamina looked very exhausted. Whenever the ball was out of play, they would bend, support on their knees and look quite tired. I really like that!
Sometimes I even felt they were running slower than in the beginning of the match, but that might be placebo.
Need to check on that further.
But what I saw in that aspect was quite cool!

I need to really understand the point of FuMa. I tried last year but there were less animations and less variety on the passes. Also, does that include Adv. Through Ball?

I mean, it is really nice to score a goal you totally scored 100%, but even though I think I lose more than I gain.

But maybe I will give it another chance this year.

I need to really understand the point of FuMa. I tried last year but there were less animations and less variety on the passes. Also, does that include Adv. Through Ball?

I mean, it is really nice to score a goal you totally scored 100%, but even though I think I lose more than I gain.

But maybe I will give it another chance this year.
for only one example: it gives me so much more freedom when passing to put the ball where i want...! PA1 and up cant do that (manual modi can).
it gives more more than it takes away! but thats just my opinion.
for shooting, yeah, i guess it takes away some few animations. but all together i find it very rewarding to build up my play manual, cross in high manual, move my player to where the ball is travelling manual and then hit the ball manual...
i even celebrate after that... on manual! :D

I believe it includes everything that can make you suffer... ;)
Im SEMA (semi-manual), haha!
For the moment i have manual passing and advanced shooting. Basic through balls.

I think I slowly starting to see the point and beauty of manual. On PassAssist, if you play longer, like most of us here, you know where can you pass. In the back of your head you know that some of your passes, even tho you would like to send the ball there, will not be possible. We more or less know where the ball is going to go, how will it behave. On manual there is no limit. If you want to send the ball between two players - you can. If you want to send it into open space - you can. Manual has a potential to unleash some sick moves..

I don't play FUMA, I play PA0, Advanced through balls and basic shooting. I'm very clumsy with videogames. I played with the D-pad since ISS PRO and I changed to analog stick in PES 2016. In PES 2017 I decided to play with PA0 and this year I play with Advanced through balls. I recommend you to start playing with PA0 at Regular difficult and then Professional.

PES included manual passing in 2013 and I think this is the way PES shines, more randomness, there are AI issues that don't show so often playing manual. It's a different game when playing manual, I can't play PA1 no more. PA0 and advanced through ball offers complete freedom, you can put the ball on any spot.

Yeah I know it gives more freedom. But last year with manual passing I couldn’t activate some individual trait skills, like the through ball that elevates and then falls slowly. I don’t know the trait name. But is this kind of pass that Kroos mastered.

Either way, I might start PA0, adv through ball and shooting (been using adv shooting for a while now) on Pro difficulty.

With manual passing you can unleash some passes that can be seen only on tv from best players. Yesterday I played Liverpool vs Man Utd (me) and I set A.Sanchez not to come back and I played counter attack tactics. Passes that Pogba made can`t be executed from other player at Man Utd, no matter if it`s low or high passes. I caught them 3-4 times on counter with passes that are phenomenal balls in space. They can`t be executted with PA1 or above. Also no matter if you play PA0 holding L2 gives another layer of freedom :)

MyClub is a joke... Within the first couple of weeks I've already got a 96 rated Neymar, 97 rated Messi (goes up to 100 in AMF) and a bunch of other superstar players.

There's pretty much zero sense of building your team gradually throughout the year with incremental improvements, when all these massive names are thrown at you within the first few days... Especially now with these super cheap "featured" players.

MLO was so much better in PES 2011...

Agree 100% with this. I'm enjoying the gameplay still, but already within a week have acquired a top-end team that I have no real appetite to build upon.

MLO was great as you'd slowly progress through each tier of player and feel the satisfaction at every improvement. It aso gave you a nice bond with the lesser players you had your disposal, forcing you to adapt with what you had. I remember a love affair on here with this certain 70 rated NZ keeper, and that Scottish left-back from the default squad (Ruskin?) who were hidden gems.

Even after 200+ games I had nowhere near the quality of player I already have now in PES 19. However I understand why Konami have gone that route, it's the attainability of Legends and Messi/Mbappi that makes people pay real money.

There are online leagues that replicate that type of MLO experience, but it requires having to pre-plan matches for a certain time which I don't really have the luxury to do anymore.

This! Very very well said!

Let him suffer! Everyone who started learning FUMA had to suffer. Once you get used to it, you´ll be happy that you never gave up ;).

Played some Myclub yesterday and really enjoyed it.
I only played one of those competitions against the COM though.
The players I got were Coutinho, Payet, Smolov and three midfieslders (silver ball).
Also on loan, Beckham, De Bruyne and Coutinho (again....lol).

For that one offline challenge I have 6 days left and need 3 wins. First game is on regular, which is no problem, but 2nd one is one level higher (advanced in english I believe) and AI always beat me.
Had 3 attempts and kept losing but I don´t wanna play anything else than full manual.
Maybe, after some time I won´t be playing that mode no more, but for the beginning it´s quite fun.
Nice touch that they´ve removed that roulette crap and when you sign a player, it looks cool when he wears your kit.

Also a big plus:
First time that I noticed that visible fatigue! A few players with low stamina looked very exhausted. Whenever the ball was out of play, they would bend, support on their knees and look quite tired. I really like that!
Sometimes I even felt they were running slower than in the beginning of the match, but that might be placebo.
Need to check on that further.
But what I saw in that aspect was quite cool!

Tired players seem to pass worse than at the start of a match. Maybe placebo too, but it does feel that way?

I think that Konami did a good move giving Myclub superstars more easily. I am watching player numbers on Steam and they aren't declining after a week, instead there are more and more playing, even with the login issues.

Those are the numbers Konami are taking into consideration, they don't care to unbalance Myclub.
Myclub was always born to be unbalanced the moment they put in microtransactions and the chance to try and sign the best players without even making an effort. Even last years you could see Superstar players teams in 2-3 days, but now even people that don't spend money can acquire them. To me that is a better solution.

Of course Master League Online was the best mode ever for us people who like building the team piece after piece, but nowadays it would be called archaic, slow, and too grindy, so quickly abandoned by players, especially without microtransactions as it was.

I think that Konami did a good move giving Myclub superstars more easily. I am watching player numbers on Steam and they aren't declining after a week, instead there are more and more playing, even with the login issues.

Those are the numbers Konami are taking into consideration, they don't care to unbalance Myclub.
Myclub was always born to be unbalanced the moment they put in microtransactions and the chance to try and sign the best players without even making an effort. Even last years you could see Superstar players teams in 2-3 days, but now even people that don't spend money can acquire them. To me that is a better solution.

Of course Master League Online was the best mode ever, but nowadays it would be called archaic, slow, and too grindy, so quickly abandoned by players, especially without microtransactions as it was.

Then whats the point of all the packs? Just assign your players you want for free at the get go and thats it. And perhaps pay a season fee to play MC.

With manual passing you can unleash some passes that can be seen only on tv from best players

No doubt i tot agree but the frequency of that beauty to happen is quite rare yeah?

For those that have played with PA0 , i truly applaud you folks, I really do. With the L gamepad that is so sensitive and the angle of the game, if you guys can nail it, simply amazing.

I dont understand why its ok or joyful to be easy to sign anyone. Other than its different to Fifa.

Because Myclub was always unbalanced and only people that spent lots of money could afford better players, now almost everyone has the same chance to have a decent team with some top players.

Let's face it, Master league online was the only mode based on buying and growing your team step by step, Myclub was always about spending real money and signing superstar players. Besides, last years when i played it in two weeks i had an 84-85 rated average team without ever buying those players with microtransactions, now you can have those in one week. It's a big difference but most part of the Myclub experience and lifetime was always going to be at most two weeks with good players and the remaining months with top player teams.

Those that play MyClub are part of the problem imo and cause PES to be bad

giphy.gif

I don't really see how the current formula for MyClub entices people to spend real money on it to be honest... Compared to FUT anyway.

Now I already have 96 Neymar and 97 Messi, there's pretty much zero room for improvement in those positions for me in the entire duration of PES 2019. Any money that would have been spent (not that I do spend anything on these modes) on these positions now won't be, because I already have the optimal players there; the Messi I got has 99 ball control, 99 dribbling, 99 finishing etc... There's nowhere to go from there and it's only week 2.

FIFA does have those similarly ridiculous cards in FUT, like team of the year, team of the season or 2nd/3rd inform versions of a player that are extremely rare and only a fraction of a percent of the playerbase will own, and they'll be ridiculously expensive to buy with coins.

The way they gradually release these increasingly OP cards through the life-cycle of the game means that even the whales and people with gambling addictions will have something new and better to waste their money on, right up until FIFA 2020...

For me the best solution would be to have PES 2011 style MLO, let people buy the currency with real money, but include matchmaking filters so that you could block out everyone who has spent even a single penny in microtransactions. The show-offs who want their Messis and Ronaldos can do so if they cough up the money, but they'll only come up against other wallet warriors while everyone else can play an actually balanced and fair game mode.

Because Myclub was always unbalanced and only people that spent lots of money could afford better players, now almost everyone has the same chance to have a decent team with some top players.

Mmmhhh not really. It was ALWAYS easy to sign good players. Without spending a single dime, I quickly had Ronaldo, Bale, Neuer, Modric and so many other good players in my team after a couple of weeks only.
It´s all about luck in that roulette system.
Even if you spend real money, you can´t buy players you want. Also then you have to spin the roulette and either you get black balls or white ones. That´s kinda like buying FUT packs.
You can spend a lot of money, but still can get crappy players only.

MLO 2011 really was the best one. You had to struggle a lot to get good players.
But I guess many gamers complained and from 2012 they made it easier, cause there you had your star players after a short time. Same thing with MLO 2013 and 2014.

Let them do their myclub mode. Why not? There are many paying customers and if that´s where the money is, good for them.
Other games to the same thing (Lootboxes etc.)
But still, they have to keep up with the other modes either (ML) and it´s up to the devs to work on them and not to the people who play myclub^^.

I don't really see how the current formula for MyClub entices people to spend real money on it to be honest... Compared to FUT anyway.

Now I already have 96 Neymar and 97 Messi, there's pretty much zero room for improvement in those positions for me in the entire duration of PES 2019. Any money that would have been spent (not that I do spend anything on these modes) on these positions now won't be, because I already have the optimal players there; the Messi I got has 99 ball control, 99 dribbling, 99 finishing etc... There's nowhere to go from there and it's only week 2.

FIFA does have those similarly ridiculous cards in FUT, like team of the year, team of the season or 2nd/3rd inform versions of a player that are extremely rare and only a fraction of a percent of the playerbase will own, and they'll be ridiculously expensive to buy with coins.

The way they gradually release these increasingly OP cards through the life-cycle of the game means that even the whales and people with gambling addictions will have something new and better to waste their money on, right up until FIFA 2020...

For me the best solution would be to have PES 2011 style MLO, let people buy the currency with real money, but include matchmaking filters so that you could block out everyone who has spent even a single penny in microtransactions. The show-offs who want their Messis and Ronaldos can do so if they cough up the money, but they'll only come up against other wallet warriors while everyone else can play an actually balanced and fair game mode.

I guess Legends will be the way to keep things going.

Back
Top Bottom