PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I've had that happen to me a few times. Whether it be this problem or others recent pes ai has always suffered with a massive lack of awareness when it comes to pitch position. Playing fixed cursor, the amount of times my teammates have chased a ball that's going out, and inexplicably got the final touch when they should have let it go out of play, is insane.

I've had that happen to me a few times. Whether it be this problem or others recent pes ai has always suffered with a massive lack of awareness when it comes to pitch position. Playing fixed cursor, the amount of times my teammates have chased a ball that's going out, and inexplicably got the final touch when they should have let it go out of play, is insane.

Lack of situational awareness has been horrible for years. They show no urgency to keep the ball in from when they should and chase down balls out that they shouldn't.

And to add to that, the amount of times I see them take a quick free kick from a great free kick position is really annoying. Especially because I am the free kick taker in BAL and I never go to take any in 2017 or 2018 lol

I love playing MyClub but it was up to me, i'd go without the legends. Or at least limit the amount that can be used at one time. Also, I don't spend real money on coins.
Ive seen people online complaining how some people have amazing teams as they have spent real cash. Well, complaining all you like but its good for Konami and its only going to continue.
I'd like to know how much money they make in a year from MyClub.
MyClub is a joke... Within the first couple of weeks I've already got a 96 rated Neymar, 97 rated Messi (goes up to 100 in AMF) and a bunch of other superstar players.

There's pretty much zero sense of building your team gradually throughout the year with incremental improvements, when all these massive names are thrown at you within the first few days... Especially now with these super cheap "featured" players.

Even if you do want to target specific players, like I wanted to with Sander Berge today, you have to hope that you either get lucky enough to be given the specific scouts you need from matches (you get 1 per match), or hope that the "Auction House" has some available... Most of the ones I needed were not even available for auction, others expired in anywhere up to 48 hours time.

So you end up just cobbling together a team from the mishmash of random high rated players you were given through "Special Agents" etc.

Even then, using your highest rated team will almost certainly operate at a loss in terms of "GP", so whenever you play the CPU you are better off using all your shittiest players (low contract costs) with the top players on the bench (to boost your "team strength bonus") to farm GP...

The whole point of the mode is to grind/farm virtual currency by playing (or even watching) absolutely shite matches. Either with all your lowest rated players vs the CPU, or all your highest rated superstars in PA3 World XI 100mph ping-pong pressure fests online. Awful.

MLO was so much better in PES 2011...
i dont know who's idea it was to give super players the first week, bot to mention featured players that only cost 100 coin with you can keep forever.

and since you can get duplicates its harder to get players that you want. i thought implementing this was good at first as it would force people to build.

and last after the game was playing good until the first patch and yeas konami had done it again. players just standing still unresponsive, passing is going anywhere but where you want it to go.

like last year the demo was great and when the actual game comes out its great until the first patch.

Had a decent game on top player. Played with Swiss team Young Boys VS some Russian side, but it was a decent game. They caught me out with a nice set piece finished instantly into the roof of the net. I scored two late headers, one of which was using super cancel on a high cross to position my player so he could "loop" the ball over the keeper, actually worked to perfection! 1.25 the first one was a timed cross to the far post which picked out the run of the winger. 1.10

Also check out a one handed scoop save from a header in the highlight video, 0.45 was a beautiful save. (see the last four highlights)

The game can be very good at times - if only they toned down low crosses!

Anyone played on Legend, unbelievably difficult to defend low crosses on that setting - cheat mode at the end of the first half and start of the second half. Especially if your team is "stronger". I felt it was easier playing as Burnley VS Brighton compared to Man Utd VS Antwerp.

I love the pressure on that level but the CPU blatently cheats, and buffs their finishing and scripting is pretty clear. But it's arguably more fun than Superstar..

So far top player for me, PA1 and basic shooting, i'd say a third of my passes and crosses are done on manual i'm just not ready to make the full time switch.

Last edited:
Pes 2019 definitely has scripting

Definitely yes, even FIFA has scripting. Even 2K hs scripting. Goal Storm won't have scripting neither did INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER DELUUUUUUUXXXXXXXEEE !

I said this before and I repeat ... I don’t think pes 2020 will even have single player master league etc. It will just be about myClub.

If it's what best for the community within the limited budget that they have, I be more than happy for ML and any offline modes to be killed. Get them to focus on myClub mode which can yield $ revenue but need to make that perfect. It also save me from having to decide should i be playing WE or Fifa this year or next year and the year to come.

But Daniel said they will fix it. And when Daniel says it - we can sleep peacefully!

Does Dan work in Konami? If he really does, IMHO, we shouldn't have ban him because regardless what sort of $hit he wrote, it's still good to have that insider. In any community, diversity always good, never bad. Just have to be more lenient on stuff.

new patch will drop soon which is confirmed in online info from start screen, it will be to fix some myclub bug

Why am I not surprised, myClub.

Why most of you play ML not MyClub?

Tell me if am wrong, who is here who plays WE PES since ISS and GS days that play online?? I bet these people don't even have PSNPlus lol. Simply put, IMO, old people don't play online. We rather be beaten by AI than human.

Anyone played on Legend, unbelievably difficult to defend low crosses on that setting - cheat mode at the end of the first half and start of the second half. Especially if you're team is "stronger". I felt it was easier playing as Burnley VS Brighton compared to Man Utd VS Antwerp.

I love the pressure on that level but the CPU blatently cheats, and buffs their finishing and scripting is pretty clear. But it's arguably more fun than Superstar..

I think that's the whole thing about Legend. You can't really say it's a cheat, because it's the upper most difficult level which you unlock when completing Superstar. Does AI plays really well? Yes. Can they be beaten? Definitely yes. Is it easy to beat them? Hell no.

Out of curiosity do you play manual or assisted?
I wonder if anyone here is at that level where they've gone full manual and able to compete at Superstar or even Legend level?? My gut feel is No but i could be wrong.

First season in ML with Rangers and 30 year old Kyle Lafferty announces he is retiring at the end of the season.....

I mean what do you even say to that, it's broken beyond belief.

What camera and settings is this dudes?

I would love to try it ... I have checked comments and no one seems to know

First season in ML with Rangers and 30 year old Kyle Lafferty announces he is retiring at the end of the season.....

I mean what do you even say to that, it's broken beyond belief.

Strange thing happens in life. He might be sick or want to focus more on his family or his business is trending, anything really. I applaud Konami to add this randomness hence the realism.

I've just achieved a trophy for playing 50 matches. I'm playing 20 min matches, offline, Spanish league, Professional, PA0, Advanced through ball. I've been playing PES series since ISS PRO 98 and this is the best and more varied game in the series, every game feels different, there is so much randomness. Deffensive AI is great and the games are challenging in Professional. Some AI teams are poor attacking but not all the teams have the low cross issue.

Yeah really, but your video is proof so hopefully they see it and fix it
To be honest - i've never seen it either! :D
Played on Professional, Top Player and now Superstar.
But that doesnt mean the bug is not there and shouldnt be fixed.

Huh, what version are you guys on? I'm on PS4. And I see this happen at least every other game and sometimes multiple times in a match.

Perhaps am being overly keen here, but normally when did the 1st data pack arrive in previous series?

Normally there's 4 data packs over the course (for 1 year) and 1 DP contains approx 50 faces++ ... with the amount of all these generic faces, it feels odd and certainly adds that impression of 'unfinished product', particularly when those faces were available in PES2018 but gets removed in PES2019 and will be added back via data pack ...

For example:
So say they remove 60 from PES2019 ... which was available in PES2018.
Then they will announce first data pack, which will contain 70.
so +10 yihaaaaaaa

My frustration yes .. some of you may think it's just an effing faces (who cares) hahaha but some do.

The way that the AI attacks is driving me up the wall. So robotic and false, every pass is utterly perfect - regardless of their quality or skill level - and you just know when they're going to score. Awful.

I've just achieved a trophy for playing 50 matches. I'm playing 20 min matches, offline, Spanish league, Professional, PA0, Advanced through ball. I've been playing PES series since ISS PRO 98 and this is the best and more varied game in the series, every game feels different, there is so much randomness. Deffensive AI is great and the games are challenging in Professional. Some AI teams are poor attacking but not all the teams have the low cross issue.
my thoughts exactly. since the PS2 days

Back
Top Bottom