PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

And I heard opinions that advanced shooting is OP. I disagree. There is still a lot of misses and I do believe stats matter there.
I literally just showed a video of a 70 finishing 72 shot power player absolutely rocketing the ball into the bottom corner from outside the box. This isn't a one-off either, I am sick of seeing these kinds of goals.

Since using advanced shooting, I have barely seen a single shot go over the bar - only happens when I'm deliberately going for the top corners on long shots or accidentally hold forward on the stick. Even with low rated players they absolutely hammer the ball so hard the camera barely keeps up in the replays. Anyone trying to hit the ball this hard should risk getting under it and it flying way over the bar, yet in PES the worst that happens is it'll still be hammered low and hard but go maybe 1m wide.

Stats have some influence, mostly over the maximum power of the shot and margin for error (size of the circle) but not over how cleanly they hit the ball. If I get a sight of goal in the box then I know I can just aim down the middle with full power and blast something on target with any player, probably even if I put a GK up front.

For me advanced shooting feels also unrealistic when putting the stick away from goal. I tried to use manual shooting but feels unnatural and unrealistic because the player has to be facing the direction you want to shoot. In real life there are plenty of shoots where the body of the player is not facing goal.

I stick to basic shooting, you can aim everywhere and shoot with the body of the player in any position, depending of the position you have more or less success, you can also aim at the center or at the sides of goal pressing more or less the stick to the direction you want to shoot and you can choose power pressing square button. This combined with PA0 and Advanced throw ball is the way I find more natural in my fingers.
are you watching Tai League only!? ;)
no, really. who the hell takes a shot at goal not facing it (don't mind Ibra-style exeptions)!? ONLY soccer video gamer do that! :)

and if, you shot at goal with the back at it, the ball should go somewhere else, imo (bycicle kick, ok)!

Ok so had this game a week now and here’s a few things I love and hate. I think pes over the last decade has become a love hate thing for me cos I’ve never known a game I can love one day and hate the next due to the game feeling great one minute and awful the next.

Love
Player weight and models.
Ball physics
Nets
Looks stunning in 4k
Crossing.
Passing.
Option files look great this year.

Hate
AI - dreadful and predictable. Yes we know about wing attack etc but is it so hard to get teams to play like they do in real life?
Sound - the crowd noise is awful
Commentary- shambles.
Celebrations - what’s with the delay after pressing which one you want? Kills any atmosphere...
Talking of Atmosphere....where is it? Games lacks it.
Master league - broke.
Keepers stuck to line. Game breaker.
Menus - game off the pitch is just ugly.

I really do love hate this game. I hated it this morning and I’ll expect I love it later.

I literally just showed a video of a 70 finishing 72 shot power player absolutely rocketing the ball into the bottom corner from outside the box. This isn't a one-off either, I am sick of seeing these kinds of goals.
LOL
There goes my argument...
I dont know, so far, since I got used to them, they just feel natural and much less OP than I thought they will be. Im enjoying it.

Last edited:
are you watching Tai League only!? ;)
no, really. who the hell takes a shot at goal not facing it (don't mind Ibra-style exeptions)!? ONLY soccer video gamer do that! :)

and if, you shot at goal with the back at it, the ball should go somewhere else, imo (bycicle kick, ok)!

I mean this goal for example it's difficult for me in manual shooting. Benzema is facing the corner of the field 90 degrees from the goal, in manual shooting I need to turn the body until Benzema is facing goal.

These shots are ridiculous... This striker has 70 finishing, 72 kicking power and nearly all the goals I score with him are like this.

This is why I stopped using advanced. It felt so easy to score. Such a shame because the ability to do low shots is such an attraction.

I mean this goal for example it's difficult for me in manual shooting. Benzema is facing the corner of the field 90 degrees from the goal, in manual shooting I need to turn the body until Benzema is facing goal.
WHAT!? you never had a situation like this, where the striker is just letting the ball bounce off of his outer side of the boot (because of him not standing in a perfect way (body wise))!? i did. pretty sure other users had that to.

and now i see. 90 degree is different to 180 degree (back at goal, what we were talking about). so this is possible, imo!
i'll think of you when i hit the ball like that (and save the scene as video).
all good.

finally: there are tons of situations both games cant recreate (yet). so im partly with you! :)

edit: for me, PES2019 offers some nice situations, some coincidences... like i never have seen them before. the ball..., guess its all down to the ball and physics! i love that part of the game VERY much! and saying this + my comment above = can't wait to see what more it has to offer for me! :D

Last edited:
Ok so had this game a week now and here’s a few things I love and hate. I think pes over the last decade has become a love hate thing for me cos I’ve never known a game I can love one day and hate the next due to the game feeling great one minute and awful the next.

Love
Ball physics
Nets
Looks stunning in 4k
Crossing.
Passing.

Hate
AI - dreadful and predictable. Yes we know about wing attack etc but is it so hard to get teams to play like they do in real life?
Commentary- shambles.
Celebrations - what’s with the delay after pressing which one you want? Kills any atmosphere...
Master league - broke.

I really do love hate this game. I hated it this morning and I’ll expect I love it later.

Pretty much spot on.It makes you wonder what the devs do for 12 months? For me the game is mediocre at best,its just alright.Why not spend money on the bells and whistles instead of all this partner shit.I am not a game developer but it can't be that hard to get some proper football match atmosphere instead of the shit crowd noises we have now.Apart from a few stadiums its the same chants in almost all of them

There is more to a game than gameplay,especially a football one

Under right settings (like ones in my sig :P) this game plays superb, not straight out of the box though. Loving it at the moment.

Pretty much spot on.It makes you wonder what the devs do for 12 months? For me the game is mediocre at best,its just alright.Why not spend money on the bells and whistles instead of all this partner shit.I am not a game developer but it can't be that hard to get some proper football match atmosphere instead of the shit crowd noises we have now.Apart from a few stadiums its the same chants in almost all of them

There is more to a game than gameplay,especially a football one
Especially when Fifa gives you so much off the pitch.
It's like they look at Fifa presentation and think "Nah let's stick to our grey 80s menus"

I've found using fluid formation and setting my CFs as DM and LB/RB both as CB when out of possession has really changed the AI approach. They occasionally go down the wings but its much more varied now. If I'm losing and push up they'll hit on the counter down the wings.
Seeing some really realistic goals.
One thing I really like is that weaker teams feel weaker even on superstar. In a random match as Borduex I was losing 1-0 on superstar. I played a long high ball to edge of area then flicked it on. The Russian defender tried to head away completely missed it and my striker nipped in and knocked it home..great goal. Oh and the Russians are well dirty

Manual is broken. Period.

- Attacking headers balloned in the sky all the time.
- Manual passing is all over the place. The cpu in critical situations always chooses a player on the other side of the field to come for the ball.
- Shooting is nearly impossible. But im already at 5 overheadkick goals but no goals outside the 6-10yrds square. The hell?
- Through balls are impossible, they are either too long or way too short. They doesnt exist on manual.

Im at that i cant play the game. Master League and cpu need fixing. Online on PC doesnt operate. Manual as a fun challenge has buggy features.

What im enjoying the most is the Training mode currently. It can be played as an on couch game tho with friends. But I think i leave the game as it is until it will be patched. The game is so much superior to every PES game in many aspects tho.

Under right settings (like ones in my sig :P) this game plays superb, not straight out of the box though. Loving it at the moment.

Do you know rivalries are hard coded right? They cant be tunred off.

I agree manual headers need tweaking but there's nothing wrong with passing and shooting. If it's all over the place I think you need more practice. I'm about 80% accuracy on superstar

Is there any reason why MyClub gameplay is so delayed in everything you do? Turning,passing,shooting...It wasn't like this in the quick match online demo

i think its your team spirit

I agree manual headers need tweaking but there's nothing wrong with passing and shooting. If it's all over the place I think you need more practice. I'm about 80% accuracy on superstar

mine too is equal to the CPU's but shooting and passing is still pretty random, PA1 is just perfect especially when the fatigue sets in. but i dont think that im good yet im scoring overhead kick goals from all over the place which is interesting.

This is a type of shot that some players automatically do, depending on the situation. Just like overheads, some players do it automatically.
Just like backheel in passing, sometimes they do it, sometimes they face the direction first.
And some players do it more frequent than others.

Manual is broken. Period.

- Attacking headers balloned in the sky all the time.
- Manual passing is all over the place. The cpu in critical situations always chooses a player on the other side of the field to come for the ball.
- Shooting is nearly impossible. But im already at 5 overheadkick goals but no goals outside the 6-10yrds square. The hell?
- Through balls are impossible, they are either too long or way too short. They doesnt exist on manual.

Im at that i cant play the game. Master League and cpu need fixing. Online on PC doesnt operate. Manual as a fun challenge has buggy features.

What im enjoying the most is the Training mode currently. It can be played as an on couch game tho with friends. But I think i leave the game as it is until it will be patched. The game is so much superior to every PES game in many aspects tho.

Do you know rivalries are hard coded right? They cant be tunred off.

- Attacking headers balloned in the sky all the time. (I agree, they balloon most of the time)
- Manual passing is all over the place. The cpu in critical situations always chooses a player on the other side of the field to come for the ball.(I agree to some degree. That "player switching to the farther player when passing" are frustrating when it happens.. And it happens a lot in Pes19 than Pes18)
- Shooting is nearly impossible. But im already at 5 overheadkick goals but no goals outside the 6-10yrds square. The hell?(I agree with the overheads, they're too frequent. Manual shooting in general is fine)
(That's why I don't use basic through-balls on PA0, it feels random at times. I don't feel like i have control of the ball)

Last edited:
I’m just looking for an opinion, I’m about to start my master league. Not played PES in years. My initial plan was to start as Man Utd as I support them. Then was thinking about doing one where I look to sign lots of younger players and build a great team. A bit like the Ajax teams of the 90s. Young players with great potential to sell on. Which clubs have a decent base of young players but also have a decent budget to bring some in aswell?

Facts #1:
AI low crossing and wing play will be fixed (I can't comprehend to think with Konami acknowledging there's an issue and they say problem too big to fix and to be fixed in PES 2020).

Facts #2:
We all will be so good in defending low crossing and wing play be that AI or human. Given, we've been trained so hard.

Last edited:

Love
Ball physics
Nets
Looks stunning in 4k
Crossing.
Passing.

Hate
Commentary- shambles.
Master league - broke.

The sound is absolute Shite, I’m anazed ( not amazed) that these plonkers cannot get the code to allow action and atmosphere to work in harmony......it’s all so flat

Facts #1:
AI low crossing and wing play will be fixed (I can comprehend to think with Konami acknowledging there's an issue and they say problem too big to fix and to be fixed in PES 2020).

Facts #2:
We all will be so good in defending low crossing and wing play be that AI or human. Given, we've been trained so hard.
Fact #3:
In 2020 wing play will not be there anymore.
Instead there will be constant high through balls into the middle or some other crappy mechanism ruining the gameplay, as Konami have bunch of Yes men and Stevie Wonders testing their game before release.
Fact #4:
In 2020 I will spare myself all the dissapointment and will have fun on all the stadiums of fully licensed Spanish League, Serie A, Premier League and most likely Bundesliga with the most hated EA.

For the time being, for my own health and peace of mind, Im planning to just let go and enjoy our half broken game, learning manual, without much expectations towards fixes and updates.

I’m just looking for an opinion, I’m about to start my master league. Not played PES in years. My initial plan was to start as Man Utd as I support them. Then was thinking about doing one where I look to sign lots of younger players and build a great team. A bit like the Ajax teams of the 90s. Young players with great potential to sell on. Which clubs have a decent base of young players but also have a decent budget to bring some in aswell?
Haha! You really havent played PES in a long time. Every team, regardless of league and status, have the same bunch of the same young players with the same names and same stats. Only budget in each team is different..

Edit: unless I misunderstood the question and you are asking about young players that are already on the team. In that case I advice to do few exhibition matches first and just check the players on the teams.

Facts #1:
AI low crossing and wing play will be fixed (I can comprehend to think with Konami acknowledging there's an issue and they say problem too big to fix and to be fixed in PES 2020).

Facts #2:

There are never facts where Konami are concerned, just poor and at times somewhat bizarre decision making

Haha! You really havent played PES in a long time. Every team, regardless of league and status, have the same bunch of the same young players with the same names and same stats. Only budget in each team is different..

Sorry what do you mean? Does every team start with default players like years ago?

For the time being, for my own health and peace of mind, Im planning to just let go and enjoy our half broken game,
I think I'll do this as well.:YES:
Every game has some "stupid things" going on but why do I still play it?
It means there are still enough "good things" that is keeping me hooked on this game.

Hoping they can fix the issues in the near future.
For now, I still enjoy the game a lot but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to tolerate some of the "stupid things" in this game.

Last edited:
Sorry what do you mean? Does every team start with default players like years ago?
No. I think i misunderstood. I was talking about "youth academy".
You can choose whether to start with team lineups or default players like years ago. I thought you were asking about youth players. Youth players are the same on each team.

Anyone had a long term injury yet?

Two weeks was max I had. Still a progress. Last year I had one injury in the whole campaign. Now I already had 4. Most of them few days.

Back
Top Bottom