PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

See, this is the tough thing hey .. if we want AI to be more realistic by shooting more and say we want PSG to shoot like 17 shots attempt ... dang man ... how we human weather such thing? in PES world, out of 17 shots, if defending like how we normally defend .. it'll be a massacre hahahaha
Will it be a massacre? Im not sure. Shoot attempts, especially from distance, are not easy to score. You have stats, body position, defenders pressing, defenders blocking.. if they started shooting from distance it would be more realistic and wouldnt necessary mean they will score much more. As it is - they are scoring more by just walking into the goal or from low crosses, which on some ocassions are impossible to defend against (due to response time of our defenders)
I tell you what - if I had a choice of loosing on superstar against Inter 3-0 and their goal would be nice and random, id pick this over trying to protect the wing during 80% of the game and at the end loosing 1-0 from it.

Played few games on superstar last night. Apart of this flanking issue, COM actually feels...human. more than ever. They have pass errors, panicking in penalty area, going aggressive when loosing.
I really think that there is some weird bug in their code that makes them obsessed with flanks. And this is fucking the whole thing up - the dribbling, 1on1's, shots from distance.
They are just constantly trying to go down the wing, even if it doesnt make sense.
But apart of this - superstar is amazing!
Havent win any game, but not loosing by much and I have good few shots at the end.

Ps. Found an old Del Pierros pic. When he played Cobra.
Cobra-1986-Sylvester-Stallone-action-cop-movie-290x300.jpg

Look at how weighty these physical duels are, I feel like I'm grappling with the other guy. If they bring back R-stick barycenter control, it would be even more fun.

Too bad they removed this. I liked using that in PES 2014. They could have developed that further.
They got rid off it, because so many people complained that player switching wouldn´t work properly with L1 + right stick and they want the normal function back (right stick only).
Didn´t work at first, but worked better after a few patches.

That´s the dilemma...at some points KONAMI shouldn´t listen to the community.

this happened to me on top player, if I lead by one goal in last ten minutes I concede, even my defenders are on their positions perfect low cross came over, ball hit one of my players and opposition scores... I thought it`s only me :D Maybe we should set attacking awareness more defensively or more attacking

Some CPU teams try very hard to score in the last minutes. This is normal. I set the attack defence level of my team to an equilibrated level. I make substitutions and play with more midfielders and try to keep possession, play calmly. I usually watch Real Madrid games and Zidane and Lopetegui use similar tactics.

I'm not joke. How many copies Pes 2018 sold in the world? 2 milions? 2,5? In all the world. In one European country like Germany or Uk competitor sold 4 mln copies. Do see difference? How do you want compere it to Tailand or Brasil? Its not these level. Pes sales is poor really poor. Put in Pes 2019 Premiership with all stadia, Bundesliga with premium partner Bayern, all LALIGA with stadia with REAL MADRIT as a premium partner, SERIA A,B and you will see how many copies Pes will sell. You can't compere Tailand or Brasil market to European. Sorry but it's a fact. Don't me wrong that i have problem with another coutries but US, Europe and Japan is the bigest and the richest markets game in the world. In Japan WE are dropped too about sales.

Dude, you are mixing different topics.
We aren't talking about which market is the richest for Video Games.
We are talking about sales.

Oh yeah, sure PES would be successful with BPL, Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A licences, what a scoop your bring here.
But Konami doesn't have the capacity to steal licences from EA and thus why the game is so unpopular in Europe, especially in UK and Germany.

Why do you think Konami spent so much effort to create almost all stadiums of Brazileirão?
Why do you think Konami invested so much in LATAM leagues all these years?

I'm not joke. How many copies Pes 2018 sold in the world? 2 milions? 2,5? In all the world. In one European country like Germany or Uk competitor sold 4 mln copies. Do see difference? How do you want compere it to Tailand or Brasil? Its not these level. Pes sales is poor really poor. Put in Pes 2019 Premiership with all stadia, Bundesliga with premium partner Bayern, all LALIGA with stadia with REAL MADRIT as a premium partner, SERIA A,B and you will see how many copies Pes will sell. You can't compere Tailand or Brasil market to European. Sorry but it's a fact. Don't me wrong that i have problem with another coutries but US, Europe and Japan is the bigest and the richest markets game in the world. In Japan WE are dropped too about sales.

Looking at the sales figures objectively of course, it becomes immediately clear that EA Sports, with their FIFA title, last year strengthened their position in the football video game arena at the expense of Konami and PES. A total of 16.3 million FIFA 18 games have been sold up to this point, compared to 0.9 million Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 games. This is close to 18 times more sales. For the 2017 editions the ratio was around 14 times. The thing is, we don't have to look too far back into the past to find that sales numbers for the two competing video games used to be a lot more even.

Here are the sales figures for the 2018 editions, broken down by platforms:

FIFA 18

PS4: 11.49m
XOne: 3.01m
NS: 0.95m
PS3: 0.50m
X360: 0.25m
PC: 0.08m

Total: 16.28m

PES 2018

PS4: 0.70m
XOne: 0.1m
PS3: 0.08m
X360: 0.02m
PC: 0.01m

Total: 0.91m

For EA Sports FIFA 18, 70% of purchases came from the European Continent, while 10% came from North America. For Konami PES 2018, around half of the purchases were from Europe, one quarter was from Japan and just above 10% came from North America.

It is interesting to note that the sales of both games took a significant hit when compared to the 2017 editions

To me comparing Fifa selling more that PES reminds me of many years ago there was a dreadful Number one record called Shaddup your Face by Joe Dolce it sold more than the vastly superior number two record called Vienna by Ultravox. Those of you who haven't got a clue what I am on about, which is understandable I guess, Look up the two songs and you will see what I mean!

Dude, you are mixing different topics.
We aren't talking about which market is the richest for Video Games.
We are talking about sales.

Oh yeah, sure PES would be successful with BPL, Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A licences, what a scoop your bring here.
But Konami doesn't have the capacity to steal licences from EA and thus why the game is so unpopular in Europe, especially in UK and Germany.

Why do you think Konami spent so much effort to create almost all stadiums of Brazileirão?
Why do you think Konami invested so much in LATAM leagues all these years?

In my opinion becauset their budget allows them to buy these legues. Big and the most expensive leagues in the world like in Europe is too expensive for them and it a reason why they invest in another place first than Europe.

I'm 100% sure if KONAMI have to choose which leagues they can put in Pes Laliga,Premiership and Bundes rather than Latan in 1 second they will chose these from Europe becuse they exactly know how more copies they will sell. It's a reason why the competitor have these leagues exclusivity......KONAMI dead in Europe.

agree

It feels so much like the classic PES game but with a more realistic pace of game

I am so in love with this game this year and I never thought I'd hear myself say that again since PES 2013

one thing: try Legend if you haven't and you play all default controls like I do ... its good

This game has owned my soul for 20 years since ISS on PS1. Golden one for me was Pro Evolution 3, the one with the bald headed Ref on the cover, That game was like football heaven, However since the PS3 days the game has lost it's heady heights, Been going downwards, Even I had to admit that, But I have actually had fun with this new game, Playing the Argentine League is great, Not perfect by any means, whether Konami fix the problems or not is another matter altogether.

Have you played since the Monday update? I couldn't shield for more than 2 touches before, somehow I can now. The physicality in the game currently is very nice. Everything feels substantial and weighty. Players are built like they have strength to fight against each other (seen in full force collisions too).

Otherwise, you see it in push and tug on 1v1s. I play online, I'm not sure if this is something offline games will have a lot of. Online people tend to hound and pressure all game long, so it's quite easy to notice.

Look at how weighty these physical duels are, I feel like I'm grappling with the other guy. If they bring back R-stick barycenter control, it would be even more fun.

Yeah I can definitely feel when the shielding mechanic activates, but it seems very contextual and I'm trying to understand what triggers it and how to utilise it more.

At the moment simply default LS seems the best option by just making small movements away from the defenders body. With R2 I'm finding the player will face up making the ball available to be won easier.

Also finding super-cancel works well with brutish strikers to jostle in scrappy situations.

So, regarding this, I don't know what to think. I think at this point, bringing back the R-stick usage from 14 would make for a pretty deep level of control how you want to shield, and when to. Coz the game is slow enough now, and physical duels are meaty enough to do all of this with this game as base.

And I'm not really sure if I'm wanting it to be easier. But maybe, instead of easier to control/shield on my end, I want to see a 2 tiered stamina system next. So you can be hounded, but not all game long. It's still a bit weird to see teams able to play high intensity without taking a breather in intervals.

Coz I remember watching Leverkusen and BVB 2-3 years ago at their height of their gegen press game, they did short bursts of gegen and almost took turns pressing each other, in 10 minute intervals. No team can keep up with that intensity non-stop for 70 minutes.

So if you have that, a 2 tiered stamina system to keep the hounding intervals in check, I think I'm ok with control/shielding for the most part, the way exists right now (current patch). I don't need close control/shielding to be too beefed up, if I'm not dealing with some other unrealistic element of non-stop pressure.

It's a difficult balance, if it becomes too easy the likes of Mbappi would be horrendous to play against and it would just become a dribble fest. I do quite like that you're forced to wait for supporting runs rather than gun straight for goal.

However still feel better retention when moving at a slower pace would encourage build-up play more. Even just bigger touches without sprinting would make a big difference, so you can slip it past an charging defender without losing too much control.

Honestly, I'm not sure here. Do you want me to say what you want to hear? Or do you want me to complain about the game and not do anything about it? Complaining without action is still complaining.

I've already stated that I'm not content with the game, and the big 3 for me are the focus that I have because, again as I said, I believe that's all KONAMI can handle at a given time. As I said, again, it took that 1 1/2 years to fix the DMF positioning, and even then it's not 100% - so what makes you think bombarding them with multiple requests is going to make a lick of difference for this version? One would say their track record has never matched up with that demand.

I expect any game that I purchase to come with flaws. Sorry, that's reality. I just spent a good month on Madden and modifying the sliders to what I felt is acceptable. I went through 14 versions of sliders to get there. PES, is also with many flaws, but in some areas it is acceptable for me, and there is huge potential. However, I'm not selfish, and multiple areas that have been brought up in this thread alone I have sided with - and 100% agree with. But, for the first time in years, I'm actually allowing myself to enjoy it. That doesn't mean I'm not going to push for fixes, it just means that there is always another way to approach things and make the best out of it. If this were the absolute final product, and I had to suffer with the CPU not shooting from range...yikes, that would ultimately be really unfortunate and I'd end up tearing my hair out thinking what is left to try. Already am.

It's not our responsibility, you're right. However, to think you are going to get a game that is 100% solid from the get go, is plain old naive. Then to complain about it afterwards, and not try to come up with a solution, it's like walking outside in the rain and wondering why you're soaking wet. Grab an umbrella, and try to do something about it. Regardless, we're all trying to get somewhere.

tldr: I agree with everything you say, but it's not going to stop me from playing the game I paid for and trying to figure out what can be done to fix parts of it. If KONAMI get to it first, happy days!
:TU::APPLAUD:

Sorry Matt although it is great that they have fixed the DM issue at last. But as always, Konami always make 1 step forward and 2 or 3 steps back. Yes you are right no game is 100% perfect but when it comes to the basic faults (actually these are big faults) that have been mentioned with PES2019 i think it is totally unacceptable. If Matchday 2 on the Commodore 64 (about 30 years ago) had the issue with the CPU striker not shooting when running in on goal thaf too would have been totally unacceptable.

They need to play test the game before they release it.

I don’t know why Konami always fix things and then ruin other things. Don’t get me wrong i am pleased that there are some that are enjoying it but i find it really frustrating and inexcusable.

Sorry rant over :P

No worries, man. I completely understand, and agree. The question is what can we do about it? We can provide feedback, and hope they (Japan) consider it. Till then, we have to operate under the idea that this game is PES 2019 and we are at the mercy of their updates. I know that's not great to hear, but it's one of those things. Buyer beware. We know what we're getting ourselves into with KONAMI. Their track record of out of the box gameplay has not been stellar, which is why I came into PES 2019 with no expectations. I'm genuinely still able to enjoy my time with it, but there are multiple areas of concern that I would prefer to not have to spend hours trying to figure out a fix for.

You are joking right?
Everyone knows that Brazil is number 1 in terms of PES sales. Obviously number 1 implies more sales than any Euro country.
And I didn't know until recently, but Thailand is number 2.

Why is it so hard to accept? Europeans prefer to buy FIFA, while there are countries where it's the other way around.

I heard from expats that PES passion in Thailand is absolutely huge, something you don't see and will probably never see in Europe.
And FIFA seems to be nearly absent, which makes Thailand one of the very few countries in the world where PES outsales FIFA.
Well then, we that like the game seem to be in good company after all. Since brazilians live and breed football, it says a lot that the game sells so good there.:YES::SMUG::BOP:;))

Seems to me that the only way to get a reply/recognition from konami/pes is to point out any major flaws in the game play and then still give the game a high score!
it's called the sandwich model it usually works best. Highly rated as one of the best way to promote improvement

Don't really understand the constant rage on GK not coming out on 1v1 situations?
It's that situation people are upset about,right?
Because my (Donnarumma) is coming off his line all the time (not 1v1)
And besides,which was the last game having proper keepers?
Pes 13?
I haven't seen GK coming off their lines (1v1) on any current gen Pes games

this happened to me on top player, if I lead by one goal in last ten minutes I concede, even my defenders are on their positions perfect low cross came over, ball hit one of my players and opposition scores... I thought it`s only me :D Maybe we should set attacking awareness more defensively or more attacking
I do not know why there is not much uproar about this from community? its so bad and reason i have not got pes this year

No worries, man. I completely understand, and agree. The question is what can we do about it? We can provide feedback, and hope they (Japan) consider it. Till then, we have to operate under the idea that this game is PES 2019 and we are at the mercy of their updates. I know that's not great to hear, but it's one of those things. Buyer beware. We know what we're getting ourselves into with KONAMI. Their track record of out of the box gameplay has not been stellar, which is why I came into PES 2019 with no expectations. I'm genuinely still able to enjoy my time with it, but there are multiple areas of concern that I would prefer to not have to spend hours trying to figure out a fix for.
Same for me, I accepted the game as it is, even with these flaws I enjoy the game but it can be much better! Now I think Konami release demo with 5 min matches just becouse of this so we cannot see the flaws of the ai which is not fair. In the past 3-4 years they release demo with 10 minute option for matches. I am afraid that they either are awared of the issues and they have in mind to release a patch after that (should be very stupid to do this), or they haven`t tested the game enough vs ai and now they scratch their heads how to fix it. I am afraid that if they fix this wing obsession some other part of the game will struggle, we will see less variety during build up in the back and middle. I hope I am wrong but time will tell.
It`s preventable to play defensive better to block the wings and not hold X and square while defendng in midfield but against 4 or 5 star teams it`s really difficult to do that if you play with weaker team. At least they should play the game and not ask for videos on twitter, many guys actually give this feedback, I hope they work on fixing this...

Do you happen to have two controllers? If you do, you need to create a child account (attached to your main account), make it 18-years-old, and allow User-Generated Media under parental controls. You then need to boot up PES with the child account and import the option file of your choosing (as edit data is tied to the account). I'm not entirely sure, but you might need to import said option file on your main account as well.

To play the game from here on out, you'll need to load the game and create a party with your child account. Boot PES, create a party, start Share Play, give controller to guest. Once you're in the player select screen, simply use your second controller to sign into your main account and you're good to go!

Thanks man!! I am going to try that later on today.

Off topic a little here, but was just scanning through the live update (picking out all the out of date transfers still not corrected)

Is Gabigol no longer a PES ambassador? I saw him promoting the game on twitter in the Summer... it's just that.. well.. they appear to have forgot to put him on the game.

Not a massive issue for many people (for me it is because he's one of my choice players), but it kind of highlights the mess of the Brazilian league squads on here. He plays every game for Santos.. a licensed team.. promotes the game.. has been a celebrated ambassador.. but is somehow missing.

But again, not a massive issue I know.. it's just.. so.. well.. "that'll do" again

Back
Top Bottom