PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Untitled.png

Is it me or does this look more like.... Sylvester Stallone?
scarface.jpg

So I found a file that has all the legends unlocked.

OMG! The individuality is on another level! It’s bringing me back to old winning eleven days! Christ! The way becks whips those crosses in or takes freekicks, the way figo plays, ronaldinho and MARADONA !

I’ve had so much fun with the game today both online and offline. If they can sort out the AI niggles in attack then this game gets a 9/10 for me.

Did you not see Naby Keita in the game? If not, have a quick look right now !!! before they update it to the proper one because they will shortly.

And tell me if that face doesn't remind you of the Pirates in Captain Phillips!!!

OK for your convenient .. I decided to take a screenshot for yall.
zHyFYdH.jpg

Here's the page with the Champions League stats if you'd like to look: https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...istics/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2017-2018

I like discussing stats with you.

Shots attempt ... how many do you do per game on average? and what's your minutes? and you mentioned you're on Superstar and full manual, right?

If my memory serves me right, never had I average 10 shots or more per game.

And if you look at this Champions League stats, big teams are averaging 12 shots or more.

And particularly from my last match against Ajax .. my Barcelona performed like Qarabag FK.

Pass Conversion Rates are pretty spot on though.

oQPrtJe.png

Pass conversion rates have been great this year.

Really all I need is for the AI to shoot more, goalies to come off their lines, and the AI to stop wanting to one touch pass it so much.

Otherwise I'm good.

Did you not see Naby Keita in the game? If not, have a quick look right now !!! before they update it to the proper one because they will shortly.

And tell me if that face doesn't remind you of the Pirates in Captain Phillips!!!

OK for your convenient .. I decided to take a screenshot for yall.
zHyFYdH.jpg
Apparently it's because their Live Update doesn't allow faces to be imported with the players. Because Leipzig were out for 2019 he wasn't initially in but obviously is now.

Weird explanation but as has been said many times, this is Konami we're talking about.

Pass conversion rates have been great this year.

Try playing Legend and AI being God and their conversion rate will sky rocketed whilst us, human will plummeted down.

So I think Difficulty plays essential role and of course, human's passing configuration whether that PA0, PA1, PA2 or PA3 and last but not least, how good is the human user himself/herself.

Really all I need is for the AI to shoot more

See, this is the tough thing hey .. if we want AI to be more realistic by shooting more and say we want PSG to shoot like 17 shots attempt ... dang man ... how we human weather such thing? in PES world, out of 17 shots, if defending like how we normally defend .. it'll be a massacre hahahaha

Try playing Legend and AI being God and their conversion rate will sky rocketed whilst us, human will plummeted down.

So I think Difficulty plays essential role and of course, human's passing configuration whether that PA0, PA1, PA2 or PA3 and last but not least, how good is the human user himself/herself.

Yeah I think I'll pass on legend difficulty lol

I commented on the shooting part too, bud ... just did a quick edit :D

Haha gotcha mate

See, this is the tough thing hey .. if we want AI to be more realistic by shooting more and say we want PSG to shoot like 17 shots attempt ... dang man ... how we human weather such thing? in PES world, out of 17 shots, if defending like how we normally defend .. it'll be a massacre hahahaha

I'm not asking for them to shoot just for the sake of reaching a numerical figure. I mean I wasn't then to shoot when they're good positions to do so. Like when they're through on goal. Or in the box with a bit of space. Currently they pass too much in the box for my liking. And shoots from outside happen but are incredibly for me.

I've won a few matches because the AI found themselves in great shooting positions but just didn't do so. That should never be the case.

How will the human weather it? Teams manage to irl. And players have learned to adapt before. They can certainly do it again.

Last night I acctually played some Division on PA1 and had TWO (!) matches against Betis and Boca (me being Villarreal all night) and those to games felt completely different compared to the, mainly, PSG- party that everyone is joining (with the occasional Barca/Juve).

Passing felt more loose and of course the pace was a lot less hectic (and NO spamming through ball to M'Bappé/Neymar). So if they were to add team filters PA1 would be the best way to go. Cazorla felt Amazing on the ball in those matches.

I don't mind Thailand.

IHLbcO3.jpg
I heard that Thailand has second largest PES community after Brazil. It's one of the rare countries where PES sells more than FIFA
Also the licence costed nothing, it was free.

I think it's a nice way to reward a faithful community.

And the league brings a new challenge in Asia, that could be fun.

Thai and Chinese leagues are already present in PES database. They are just disabled.

And PEA League has 16 teams, not 18 :).
Sorry but compering Tai or Brasil selling to Europe is ridiculous. Only in UK competitor sold 4 mln copies. How mamy Pes copies sold in Tailand or Brasil? 20 000 copies?50 000? 80 000? Its not that level.

Just had my first game since the patch and it was the most enjoyable game of PES ive had since PES 6...

Napoli v Milan

Difference i noticed...They crossed the ball 3 times and all 3 were high croses, basic shooting Hamsik with a tap of the shoot button hit 2 very hard daisy cutters similar to advanced shooting. Everything is running smoother. Ai kept the ball much better and even went back when they needed to. No more running it out of play.

Ive spoke about this game not having the magic of the PS2 games...the game i just had is no doubt getting there. Lets hope my second game is as good as that one.....
agree

It feels so much like the classic PES game but with a more realistic pace of game

I am so in love with this game this year and I never thought I'd hear myself say that again since PES 2013

one thing: try Legend if you haven't and you play all default controls like I do ... its good

Sorry but compering Tai or Brasil selling to Europe is ridiculous. Only in UK competitor sold 4 mln copies. How mamy Pes copies sold in Tailand or Brasil? 20 000 copies?50 000? 80 000? Its not that level.

You are joking right?
Everyone knows that Brazil is number 1 in terms of PES sales. Obviously number 1 implies more sales than any Euro country.
And I didn't know until recently, but Thailand is number 2.

Why is it so hard to accept? Europeans prefer to buy FIFA, while there are countries where it's the other way around.

I heard from expats that PES passion in Thailand is absolutely huge, something you don't see and will probably never see in Europe.
And FIFA seems to be nearly absent, which makes Thailand one of the very few countries in the world where PES outsales FIFA.

Yeah? And what reward did we get for sticking with PES since the 90s? Getting blacklisted?

Don't fool yourself. If Thailand really is the 2nd largest after Brasil, then it's clearly money. These dudes don't know fan service.
Seems to me that the only way to get a reply/recognition from konami/pes is to point out any major flaws in the game play and then still give the game a high score!

PES 2019 is a bad game. Period.

Whichever way you want to look at it, you'll find bugs, issues, annoyances.
Online, Offline, Game Modes, Gameplay, Graphics.

I'm sick and tired of people saying things like "beneath the issues, there's a great football game!", "when they patch this issue, it will be a great football game!", "if they focus on games modes and atmosphere next year, it'll be a great football game!". Tired.

Online, PES doesn't even have half the traffic other games have yet it collapses the minute it's officially released, up and running. The game has been out for just a week and they already have to be 'investigating issues'. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU INVESTIGATE PROBABLE ISSUES BEFORE?

Offline, the AI is at its worst ever. Game Modes looking like an abandoned house, full of dust and spider webs.

But yeah, underneath all of it... it's a great football game!
Did you return it?

Anyone else think that the game (offline) has changed a bit since the patch, or is it just me? Players feel a lot more sluggish and slow to respond, AI is still an absolute joke but it feels like they press a bit more and make it harder for you to play. Scripting seems more obvious now, particularly in the latter stages of matches. Konami are fucking horrendous tossers, aren't they?
Yes, for me (offline vs cpu & i have been playing a lot of matches before patch) ,it seems that after last patch players move exactly as you describe, this awesome movement & freedom before patch is gone.They are slower to respond & turn now, the fluidity is gone to some degree.I had to raize speed from -2 to -1 to somehow balance this but it is not the same.i also think that they toned down the fouls

i played 4 matches last night with different teams and noticed no change what so ever. I even tried to drop every player back so i effectively had 7 in defence, 2 mid fielders and one attacker with a deep defensive line and the AI still tried the wing attack. There was no way through and it was obvious but they just couldn't help themselves. Wing, low cross or occasional high cross, intercept. Rinse and repeat - regardless of team --it's fucking rubbish

I heard from expats that PES passion in Thailand is absolutely huge, something you don't see and will probably never see in Europe.

I wonder where Indonesia stands .. Those folks are big into WE too.

And FIFA seems to be nearly absent, which makes Thailand one of the very few countries in the world where PES outsales FIFA.

This! Definitely Indonesians!! ! !!!!!!

Honestly, I'm not sure here. Do you want me to say what you want to hear? Or do you want me to complain about the game and not do anything about it? Complaining without action is still complaining.

I've already stated that I'm not content with the game, and the big 3 for me are the focus that I have because, again as I said, I believe that's all KONAMI can handle at a given time. As I said, again, it took that 1 1/2 years to fix the DMF positioning, and even then it's not 100% - so what makes you think bombarding them with multiple requests is going to make a lick of difference for this version? One would say their track record has never matched up with that demand.

I expect any game that I purchase to come with flaws. Sorry, that's reality. I just spent a good month on Madden and modifying the sliders to what I felt is acceptable. I went through 14 versions of sliders to get there. PES, is also with many flaws, but in some areas it is acceptable for me, and there is huge potential. However, I'm not selfish, and multiple areas that have been brought up in this thread alone I have sided with - and 100% agree with. But, for the first time in years, I'm actually allowing myself to enjoy it. That doesn't mean I'm not going to push for fixes, it just means that there is always another way to approach things and make the best out of it. If this were the absolute final product, and I had to suffer with the CPU not shooting from range...yikes, that would ultimately be really unfortunate and I'd end up tearing my hair out thinking what is left to try. Already am.

It's not our responsibility, you're right. However, to think you are going to get a game that is 100% solid from the get go, is plain old naive. Then to complain about it afterwards, and not try to come up with a solution, it's like walking outside in the rain and wondering why you're soaking wet. Grab an umbrella, and try to do something about it. Regardless, we're all trying to get somewhere.

tldr: I agree with everything you say, but it's not going to stop me from playing the game I paid for and trying to figure out what can be done to fix parts of it. If KONAMI get to it first, happy days!

Sorry Matt although it is great that they have fixed the DM issue at last. But as always, Konami always make 1 step forward and 2 or 3 steps back. Yes you are right no game is 100% perfect but when it comes to the basic faults (actually these are big faults) that have been mentioned with PES2019 i think it is totally unacceptable. If Matchday 2 on the Commodore 64 (about 30 years ago) had the issue with the CPU striker not shooting when running in on goal thaf too would have been totally unacceptable.

They need to play test the game before they release it.

I don’t know why Konami always fix things and then ruin other things. Don’t get me wrong i am pleased that there are some that are enjoying it but i find it really frustrating and inexcusable.

Sorry rant over :P

On legendary level i am conceeding more than enough goals right now. Maybe that´s the reason why i am doing easy with overlooking the "through on goal" issue.

I don´t even want to think about what happens to my scorelines if the CPU starts to play less overelaborated.

So I found a file that has all the legends unlocked.

OMG! The individuality is on another level! It’s bringing me back to old winning eleven days! Christ! The way becks whips those crosses in or takes freekicks, the way figo plays, ronaldinho and MARADONA !

I’ve had so much fun with the game today both online and offline. If they can sort out the AI niggles in attack then this game gets a 9/10 for me.

Good file by the sound of it.

Anyone having success retaining possession with R2 dribbling? I'm really struggling to keep hold of the ball in the attacking third. Even with good technical midfielders like Koke, I always have a defender come through the back of me and get the ball. Only way around it is timed bursts of R1, but that doesn't help in tight spots.

Anyway, I've just had my best run online. Currently sitting top of my PESLeague group with 127 points. Playing quite negative football though, lots of deep crosses and scrappy goals then sitting on it.

In terms of the game itself, the areas I'd most like to see improved with future patches are:

> Reduced shot accuracy.
> Easier close control / shielding.
> Reduced crossing accuracy / more adv. to the defending team.

Have you played since the Monday update? I couldn't shield for more than 2 touches before, somehow I can now. The physicality in the game currently is very nice. Everything feels substantial and weighty. Players are built like they have strength to fight against each other (seen in full force collisions too).

Otherwise, you see it in push and tug on 1v1s. I play online, I'm not sure if this is something offline games will have a lot of. Online people tend to hound and pressure all game long, so it's quite easy to notice.

Look at how weighty these physical duels are, I feel like I'm grappling with the other guy. If they bring back R-stick barycenter control, it would be even more fun.

In terms of the game itself, the areas I'd most like to see improved with future patches are:
> Easier close control / shielding.

So, regarding this, I don't know what to think. I think at this point, bringing back the R-stick usage from 14 would make for a pretty deep level of control how you want to shield, and when to. Coz the game is slow enough now, and physical duels are meaty enough to do all of this with this game as base.

And I'm not really sure if I'm wanting it to be easier. But maybe, instead of easier to control/shield on my end, I want to see a 2 tiered stamina system next. So you can be hounded, but not all game long. It's still a bit weird to see teams able to play high intensity without taking a breather in intervals.

Coz I remember watching Leverkusen and BVB 2-3 years ago at their height of their gegen press game, they did short bursts of gegen and almost took turns pressing each other, in 10 minute intervals. No team can keep up with that intensity non-stop for 70 minutes.

So if you have that, a 2 tiered stamina system to keep the hounding intervals in check, I think I'm ok with control/shielding for the most part, the way exists right now (current patch). I don't need close control/shielding to be too beefed up, if I'm not dealing with some other unrealistic element of non-stop pressure.

Always 90 mins ++ goal from AI. Alwaaaaaaays!!!! Fffffffff
this happened to me on top player, if I lead by one goal in last ten minutes I concede, even my defenders are on their positions perfect low cross came over, ball hit one of my players and opposition scores... I thought it`s only me :D Maybe we should set attacking awareness more defensively or more attacking

You are joking right?
Everyone knows that Brazil is number 1 in terms of PES sales. Obviously number 1 implies more sales than any Euro country.
And I didn't know until recently, but Thailand is number 2.

Why is it so hard to accept? Europeans prefer to buy FIFA, while there are countries where it's the other way around.

I'm not joke. How many copies Pes 2018 sold in the world? 2 milions? 2,5? In all the world. In one European country like Germany or Uk competitor sold 4 mln copies. Do see difference? How do you want compere it to Tailand or Brasil? Its not these level. Pes sales is poor really poor. Put in Pes 2019 Premiership with all stadia, Bundesliga with premium partner Bayern, all LALIGA with stadia with REAL MADRIT as a premium partner, SERIA A,B and you will see how many copies Pes will sell. You can't compere Tailand or Brasil market to European. Sorry but it's a fact. Don't me wrong that i have problem with another coutries but US, Europe and Japan is the bigest and the richest markets game in the world. In Japan WE are dropped too about sales.

Back
Top Bottom