PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Yeah R2+X also seems to dampen the force of the pass. It's slightly more cushioned. If body shape is open, it digs into the ball with more of your instep.
I think it's just a concept of Pes since the beginning. The farther the ball from the player's body, the more power applied to a pass or shot.

Surprisingly, online has been superb for me thus far. Had many fun games and smooth as butter.
I'm going to sound like the dearly departed @makepesgreatagain but the game sure does know when it doesn't want you to score.

Two yards out I tap shoot and aim to the left. Instead I apparently decided to cannon it off the right post. Third time I'd hit the post in that match.

Low and behold down the other end they score a late winner when my defender decides not to head clear from a corner but to chest it down.

Fuck right off.

I think it's just a concept of Pes since the beginning. The farther the ball from the player's body, the more power applied to a pass or shot.

Would make sense if you are carrying the ball. But can do the same on first touch too.

You can also be on a speed burst, but coming into the shot with R2+[] to cushion it. That's why I look at it more as a last-touch-on-the-ball type of thing.

I'm going to sound like the dearly departed @makepesgreatagain but the game sure does know when it doesn't want you to score.

Two yards out I tap shoot and aim to the left. Instead I apparently decided to cannon it off the right post. Third time I'd hit the post in that match.

Low and behold down the other end they score a late winner when my defender decides not to head clear from a corner but to chest it down.

Fuck right off.

I thought I was having that kind of game when I played my first 'rival' and derby match in my ML. I'm Arsenal and I was against Chelsea and from the off it felt like there was no way I was going to win. Sure enough, in the 70th minute they scored having been all over me but somehow I grabbed the scrappiest of equalisers in the 86th. I actually threw my arms up in celebration! I was still convinced they were going to get a winner but I held out. Felt good to beat the script.

Fuck right off.

im playing divisions but yes it feels like certain opponents are boosted. i think its just they play on PA3

See this goal I scored online tonight for a clear example of what I hate about the shooting mechanics in this game;

ZsrpA1M.jpg

Aimed low, right down the middle of the goal with full power... Ends up being absolutely belted 100mph into the corner, despite being pressured (well, kicked) by the defender and it being a weak foot volley.

I was never in any doubt that this shot would end up being blasted on target with extreme power... They never get scuffed/sliced/skied, you simply get the exact same perfectly struck rocket of a shot that just ends up going in a different (random) part of the goal.

Nice touch to see half packed stadiums when playing ML (I'm dead last and played the second to last team)

But after 5 games,the CPU AI is a clear deal-breaker for me can't see myself playing this as it is now

Why doesn't the CPU calm down the play?
It's like they've based this game on Barca's give and go play.
And I'm playing fucking Dundee,they should hoof it down the wing and cross high.
And I can't stop concieding because of that.
Fix the fucking AI when attacking and this game will be great,if not it's going in the cupboard

Seriously:/ Who would want to play with PA3?!? It already looks like a ping pong game with PA1 :TD:

Disagree. Barca (me) vs Everton (opp), i miss place passes and have bad first touch and FIRST TOUCH and so wrong shots and time on the ball, while the opp is just passpasspressurepasspressurepassshootscore oh and their no name striker is the best DMF in the world dispossessing all my players for 90+minutes perfectly and right away running at goal.
We either need only PA1 as of now or that "similar" search criteria should be narrowed down because so far these the people i got online only.

Disagree. Barca (me) vs Everton (opp), i miss place passes and have bad first touch and FIRST TOUCH and so wrong shots and time on the ball, while the opp is just passpasspressurepasspressurepassshootscore oh and their no name striker is the best DMF in the world dispossessing all my players for 90+minutes perfectly and right away running at goal.
We either need only PA1 as of now or that "similar" search criteria should be narrowed down because so far these the people i got online only.

I guess. Switching back and forth from manual to PA1 it feels like you can put passes together much easily though:/

I think it’s on one of their server announcement said they are working on online matchmaking so that’s good.

Need this big time. Every 3 games I play in myclub, my opponent with speedsters have PA3 and no matter where they are on the pitch, every pass is perfect even when players are falling down backwards.

I went 3 goals up against Inter in Master League so obviously they went for it and upped the attacking level. What I noticed was they completely changed the way they played and they scored 2 goals by attacking through the centre rather than relentlessly putting it out wide for the low cross. They also had a 1 on 1 and actually ran at the keeper rather than turning back.

I think that's quite promising as it shows that the AI can attack in other ways, there's just something in the current set up that's making them over ride all other ways of attacking and keep going out wide regardless of situation. This should in theory be easy to fix. We'll just have to wait and see if Konami do fix it.

On another note, I can't believe the Thai league announcement. We've essentially lost the two D2 leagues for a 2nd fake Asian league which nobody asked for or wanted and the Thai league. I'm all for trying new leagues but the Thai one should be well down the list of priorities even if you're after an Asian league. It's an even more ridiculous inclusion when you consider they've got limited league slots.

I thought I could import the team with the players after that. Shouldn’t I be able to select the team who I want to overwrite with mine?? Maybe it’s possible to save em with base copy. I edited some minor SA team.

Perhaps you're right; the reason why I asked is because I'm unsure how it works with these data packs (updates) from Konami server. Some OF makers are not building their OF as they wait for updates from Konami. Not sure how or what will it ruin .. or perhaps won't ruin anything at all. I was hoping someone with more advanced knowledge would chime in :)

Basically I just think of it as a button to put more finesse into whatever command you use it in combination with.

I think something like that ... R2 is your secret sacred weapon just like Mayonnaise or Chilli sauce (for some) ... you add them to anything, it makes the food much more delicious .... i'm hungry now. and R2 can also be used as one two ... as opposed to L1 and X ...I think @Emroth mentioned this in his previous post and I concur as I've done it in few games ... which makes you think why they do 2 different key combinations for 1 set of move.

I guess. Switching back and forth from manual to PA1 it feels like you can put passes together much easily though:/

If I'm using PA1, I can balance or win against AI in Superstar difficulty.
If I'm using PA0, I can balance or win against AI in Professional difficulty.
That is 2 levels down, huge difference this PA0 .. makes everything harder but all of us like to be challenged right? :p
IMO, the next challenge is to play Legend difficulty at PA1 ... try it .. it's tough believe me .. I think it's even tougher playing that compared to PA0 and Top Player difficulty.

Changed from Manual to PA,and suddenly my defenders aren't zombies anymore and I can defend.
Had the same issue on 18,manual players not reacting fast enough or always taking a step up when switched to.

So uh this happened last night

Strangest funniest thing I've seen thus in this game

I had a nice bug in the demo where (opposition) Mane ran off screen to pick the ball up for a throw in but when he tried to come back on the pitch he was stuck behind the advertising board and just kept sprinting at it until the timer ran out! Videoed it but cba to upload it, only saw it once and felt like there were more important things to shout about!

Changed from Manual to PA,and suddenly my defenders aren't zombies anymore and I can defend. Had the same issue on 18,manual players not reacting fast enough or always taking a step up when switched to.

The only complaint that I have with PA0 is with cursor change. The pass is intended for player A but the pass is directed between player A and B and I was hoping for cursor to change to player A ... but of course, it change to player B.

Hi guys is my first post here, however I have been reading this forum since a long time.
After this new Konami update I felt two things, probably you will tell that is placebo,and who knows, can be.
But, I'm playing a ML with Benfica, I had till the last update 20 games in ML with 0 header goals. The closest was 1 header shot to the bar.
Now, after the update and after 6 games I already scored 4 header goals, 3 with Jonas and one with Rafa, and Rafa is a bad header.

Concerning to the AI attack from wings with lower crossings, seems that the CPU try to do other things as middle range shots, play in the center and even up high crosses... nevertheless they try, much more than the reasonable, the wings and lower crosses. Konami should fix it.

I'm enjoying much more the game now, hope it's not just a coincidence of these 6 games.

Anyone felt the same?

I have to say Im getting more and more joy from manual with every match. Cant play on PA1 now. It feels like game for kids in compare to manual. Im still shite, dont get me wrong, but Im having fun... :D
Just had to pick an underdog team, so im not ashamed when I loose, haha!

Ps1. Thank you to whoever told me to use L2+O as a high through ball. Its a gamechanger!

Ps2. Advance shooting is amazing and rewarding weapon. That is my best goal so far:

Im still shite, dont get me wrong, but Im having fun... :D
Just had to pick an underdog team, so im not ashamed when I loose, haha!

I appreciate your honesty, mate ... you sucks! as I do, too hahahhaha

I also picked underdog team, with the likes of Herenveen, which I mentioned I lost 1 - 0 ... then won against Bolton Wanderers (2-1) .. then as I go .. my last match yesterday was won against CSKA Moscow (Offense Midfield Defense 70 ish) (1-0).

The only complaint that I have with PA0 is with cursor change. The pass is intended for player A but the pass is directed between player A and B and I was hoping for cursor to change to player A ... but of course, it change to player B.
Yes,it's very loose everything on manual,I'll go back there again when I feel ok with the game.
I don't really see PA 1 being bad on 19,I switched from playing ML in Scotland (Aberdeen) to Serie A (Milan) and suddenly my PA1 feels more alive Vs in Scotland,I misplaced loads of passes,think my pass % were around 77-80,which is very solid

From having 5 horrible games in Scottish premiership with Aberdeen,I changed my ML to Milan,and game got very good,even on PA1,not tiki taka like when I played with Aberdeen.
Plus CPU in Serie A was much calmer in build up.
Had a great 0-0 game Vs Udinese.
Very different game Vs my first ML.
Will probably go back and play Manual again with Milan.
Since the Scottish SPLF probably has tons of "generic" players you couldn't feel the difference,but controlling Higuain up front was really good.
20 Min top player

Back
Top Bottom