PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I JUST GOT A PK AGAINST THE COMP...I REPEAT I JUST GOT A PK!!!!

Arsenal (AI) vs Chelsea (Me) at the Emirates.

EDIT

And I just got fouled in the box again but no PK this time!

I didn't know you can do this, control 2 players at the same time.
Eager to test this now but I'm controlling myself not to play for a day!
I'm trying to test myself if I'm not an addict haha
Just have work to finish and if I play one game, I might end up playing 10 games. Just like yesterday and the other day! Actually, everyday since the release.:LOL:
I only pause playing when I’m editing! :BYE:
Finished the first kit today at work plus GK kit (I need to look good ;) )!
3 players done. Team as well. Going more into creating the players now. Minor work for logo and kits need to be done (away kit as well).
Can’t wait to bring em to the pitch. In training mode it looks very promising. :D

One thing: it’s really hard to rate my fellow lads, their stats. If you play low level German soccer it’s hard to find the balance... not to overpowered but not to bad. Any tips on that?!
Last time I created my local team was on ps2. Tells a lot I guess.

AI low cross spam and *possibly* broken manual headers are my strong complaints so far.

The AI crossing is more of an issue because nearly impossible to defend against I think. Really feels like you’re being cheated.

I haven’t seen the poor 1 on 1 decision making that others have seen though, and I’ve conceded some longer range goals. The low crosses are definitely an issue though.

As for manual heading, I’m saying they are broken on the basis that I have not hit one manual header in the opponents box in about 100 games. It was fairly easy (or behaved as you’d expect at least) up until 2019.

3 players done. Team as well. Going more into creating the players now. Minor work for logo and kits need to be done (away kit as well).
Can’t wait to bring em to the pitch. In training mode it looks very promising. :D

One thing: it’s really hard to rate my fellow lads, their stats. If you play low level German soccer it’s hard to find the balance... not to overpowered but not to bad. Any tips on that?!
Last time I created my local team was on ps2. Tells a lot I guess.

This is actually a very good idea. By the time you finish, gameplay most likely will be fixed! ;)
On PES13 i've done the whole Bundesliga. If there were some Option Files - I didnt know about them.
My only advice is - go with your heart. Make them around 60, good players around 70. They will still be playable and there will be a difference between them and football stars.

lol I know right? Costa makes these nice runs. I like having Ronaldo and Mandzukic for headers lol

My favorite part about Juventus is the defenders. Solid as hell!
I've used Juventus forever on PES, but this year I can't find the right formation this year... may I ask what you use?

i played some friendly today against AI top teams and its pain to see that top players like neymar , ronaldo or messi never trying to dribble , allways looking for pass. They look souless. I am not sure what is bigger game breaker , wing play or lack of AI dribbling?

Started my test ML with Aberdeen.
Great fun,lost my first two games,the game Vs Celtic was a lot of fun,really strong side if you compare it to Aberdeen.
Kinda low on the FK count I think.
I've had 1 in two games,a couple that the ref played on.
But still.
So far a great deal of fun,and tough.
Manual 20 Min top player.
And that heading business,I don't see the issue ,you'll have to place your player right,two so far.

But the CPU playing crosses instead of shooting needs fixing asap.
If,it's a good game

For example I built a 3 v 2 opportunity, my winger player a one two with my striker and the striker started to support him, I then pressed l1 and forward which showed the marker above the AI player indicating he was selected for the run, he actually DROPPED speed and didn't end up supporting my winger. Attack broke down. It was as if my striker didn't want to cross a line, he ran then stopped when I made the run command.

It’s not just me that’s noticed this too then. It seems to happen if your teammate is already running. If you press L1 and forward while he is running, he will then start jogging. Annoying when you are on a great counter attack!

i played some friendly today against AI top teams and its pain to see that top players like neymar , ronaldo or messi never trying to dribble , allways looking for pass. They look souless. I am not sure what is bigger game breaker , wing play or lack of AI dribbling?
I think they go hand-in-hand. These players lose their individuality because the end goal of the AI is to get the ball to the wings so they can do their stupid low cross.

But wouldn't Konami data pack or any updates pushed from the server ruins it?

Perhaps just my understanding but i thought that's one of the reasons why OF makers wait for certain updates to be pushed before committing their IF work.

Just played online for a bit.
Not quite how any of you put up with that bullshit.

LOLOL!!!! The servers are crap again, same as last year. It took them about a month to fix them last year, by then my record was crap. This year I will wait until the fix them before going back to play online

I've used Juventus forever on PES, but this year I can't find the right formation this year... may I ask what you use?

I use 4-3-3

Ronaldo and Costa/Dybala/Bernardeschi on the wings and Mandzukic up front (sometimes Ronaldo up there)

Hug the sideline, Swarm the box, Counter target (ronaldo or mandzu)

I use 4-3-3

Ronaldo and Costa/Dybala/Bernardeschi on the wings and Mandzukic up front (sometimes Ronaldo up there)

Hug the sideline, Swarm the box, Counter target (ronaldo or mandzu)

basically what I use...
...............CR7
Costa....Dybala....Cuadrado
.........Maduidi..Pjanic
Sandro.Chellini.Bonucci.Cancelo

Thinking of what you said though, bringing in the speed in the 2nd half to kill of games. So I may switch to this starting lineup

............Manzu
CR7......Dybala....Bernardeschi
......Khedira..Pjanic

Then sub Khedira for Maduidi, move CR7 to CF with Costa and Cuadrado at the wings

Started my test ML with Aberdeen.
Great fun,lost my first two games,the game Vs Celtic was a lot of fun,really strong side if you compare it to Aberdeen.
Kinda low on the FK count I think.
I've had 1 in two games,a couple that the ref played on.
But still.
So far a great deal of fun,and tough.
Manual 20 Min top player.
And that heading business,I don't see the issue ,you'll have to place your player right,two so far.

But the CPU playing crosses instead of shooting needs fixing asap.
If,it's a good game

Keep them coming mate! I know you´re a ML fan, like me... Maybe you´ll convince me to get this thing on hands. I really enjoyed the demo, but I´m still waiting for a possible solution on the AI thing.

But wouldn't Konami data pack or any updates pushed from the server ruins it?

Perhaps just my understanding but i thought that's one of the reasons why OF makers wait for certain updates to be pushed before committing their IF work.
I thought I could import the team with the players after that. Shouldn’t I be able to select the team who I want to overwrite with mine??
Maybe it’s possible to save em with base copy.
I edited some minor SA team.

Keep them coming mate! I know you´re a ML fan, like me... Maybe you´ll convince me to get this thing on hands. I really enjoyed the demo, but I´m still waiting for a possible solution on the AI thing.
Yeah,the AI thing might get very frustrating in the end
If they fix that,it's a keeper.
Gonna give it a few more games
I'm editing Premier L & Championship in to Serie A and B right now,but I'll keep playing some more ML
I'll keep you posted mate

I think, R2 + X isn't more accurate than normal pass in PA0.
But when you compare a pass while sprinting and a pass without sprint, the pass without sprinting feels more accurate.
That's because the movement of the player after your "pass direction is locked" until actual ball is kicked is minimal.
If you use R2, that insures your not sprinting or your movement is minimal between the "pass direction lock" and kicking the pass. IMO.

Yes, tap X feels a little bit overpowered but as long as your direction is directly towards a teammate, I don't think your teammate will have a problem trapping the pass nicely.

Yeah R2+X also seems to dampen the force of the pass. It's slightly more cushioned. If body shape is open, it digs into the ball with more of your instep.

There are other examples too. R2+O for example, is a totally instep scoop, very controlled and not aggressively driven. R2+[] is a controlled shot (they even call it "controlled" shot in the description?). R2+L stick dribbling is controlled dribbling (strafing etc.). R2 in defense in broken-step side stepping (controlled jockeying?). Basically I just think of it as a button to put more finesse into whatever command you use it in combination with.

It doesn't always have to be instep tho. R2+[] you can meg the keeper with a toe poke. R2+X you can toe poke a underpowered pass. Just depends on the body shape.

I'm not too good with using R2+X, I sometimes get into trouble activating the 1-2 run. I think @Jimmy G-Force knows about R2 more for what it can do, maybe he has something to add.

basically what I use...
...............CR7
Costa....Dybala....Cuadrado
.........Maduidi..Pjanic

Thinking of what you said though, bringing in the speed in the 2nd half to kill of games. So I may switch to this starting lineup

............Manzu
CR7......Dybala....Bernardeschi
......Khedira..Pjanic

Then sub Khedira for Maduidi, move CR7 to CF with Costa and Cuadrado at the wings

I like that. Yeah bring on Costa in the 70th minute. He's such a little bullet. I have frustrated folks online! Some ended up quitting because when I bring him on it's a wrap for those slow tired defenders lmao

Back
Top Bottom