PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLZJ_-7eVeE
PES 2019 Thai league trailer

So...since this affects you guys on PS4 too, i'm wondering from the PC topic to ask, do you think ML saves will be messed up when Thai league comes? I'm not sure how can they make it work unless it's a new league add-on. Imagine playing in a fully edited east asian league for example, and tomorrow, your entire league, teams, players, kits...is replaced. Or even worse, the save won't load/gets corrupt.

And what do you guys think the new league will be replacing. Ligue 2? Championship? Colombian unannounced league? East Asian fake league?

I will save all the Colombian players/formation if that's the case (that could be the most probable removal... because no annoucement) on PLA before the update.
PEA is for sure for another league than Thai, and like i've predicted it will be CSL.

Or perhaps nothing will change in exception of PEA, and they will "upgrade" the Save Data in the main time... I think those leagues was planned since the launch, only the negociation couldn't be annouced before due to some contracts issues.

Had a great 2-2 match in my master league. The AI goals were the shittiest versions of their low cross goals, but my sweet advanced strikes almost made up for them. Man, advanced shooting is a lot of fun in this game!

My problem with PA0 is that my pass sometimes too slow, sometimes doesn't go to the right direction. I literally just tap on the X, like really soft tap X otherwise the pass will just be overpowered.

And i can confirm R2 + X will give you more accurate direction, i am fairly sure now.
I think, R2 + X isn't more accurate than normal pass in PA0.
But when you compare a pass while sprinting and a pass without sprint, the pass without sprinting feels more accurate.
That's because the movement of the player after your "pass direction is locked" until actual ball is kicked is minimal.
If you use R2, that insures your not sprinting or your movement is minimal between the "pass direction lock" and kicking the pass. IMO.

Yes, tap X feels a little bit overpowered but as long as your direction is directly towards a teammate, I don't think your teammate will have a problem trapping the pass nicely.

It seems that Thai league isn't the only Asian league coming
Some hints:

-There's one who will replace PEA league and 16 leagues teams for a reliable source working with Konami. So DON'T edit it.
-It will not be Thai league replacing PEA, they've got 18 teams and doesn't make part of East Asia Confederation, but West Asian (PEA > East Asia)
-So, the other league will come from East Asia, the meaning of P.E.A. (East Asia)
Here's the East Asian Football Confederation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_Football_Federation

-You can check every leagues links, there's leagues with 10, 8, 12, 13, 18 teams participating. In exception of one: Chinese Super League.
-Every teams in PEA have Chinese banners, i've checked for my option file building teams.

The thing with the Chinese league rumors is, isn't it supposed to be licensed by FIFA?
Although this seems like a rumor too, it looks kind of real, yet they haven't announced it either.

I don't know how will it end in PES, unless it's some kind of a shared licence. But if so, FIFA will totally annihilate PES because they'd probably get stadiums, presentation, commentary, etc...and PES would only have kits and maybe a few faces...

Tested the patch this morning before work, and the goalkeeper issue isn't fixed, and neither are distance shots without the long ranger trait. Those are the only ones I really care about personally. Crossing the ball, yes, I'd like to see about a 10% increase of that. I lost to Marseille last night, as AZ, thanks to 3 headed crosses. It was on Pro difficulty as well, so not sure that makes a difference. I can't play Pro in other matches though as it's just too easy and wide open through the length of the field.

The main culprit that I see with the crossing is PES just overdoing some things. Too much teamwork in the defensive third, and too many bodies/numbers defensively. Not necessarily a bad thing, in concept, but I do not think PES logic knew how to handle this change in proper positioning. For once the off-the-ball positioning is the best it's been, which is no wonder the on-the-ball issues stick out even more. The wing play seems to be a product of constantly being caught in 1v1 situations FB v W/SMF. I think if there is more of a way to isolate players, then it could be in much better shape. So far, adjusting only the user side is not enough to get a proper reaction out of the CPU to change their cross/shot mentality.

I don't know that I'd praise the defensive off-the-ball positioning. Nor would I blame the low cross issue on teamwork or bodies in defense. From what I'm seeing, there's some really bad defensive stuff going on but even when the defense is sound, CPU attackers are choosing to do the low cross move even when it makes zero sense. Check out these three short clips for what I'm talking about.

Here's a video that sums up just about all that's wrong with the wing play in PES. There's a number of bad things going on to pay attention to.

It begins with Arsenal dribbling down the wing and at the start of the video everything is fine. But then at 0:05 it all goes to shit. First, Mane decides to just stop and not track back. Worse, Chamberlain decides to abandon the wing and heads back to the defensive line to take up the fullback spot, leaving my fullback to defend a 2-1 situation. What the hell? Then at 0:13 you can see that Chamberlain decides to sprint out to help but at the same time my fullback decides to run away from the winger to return to his position in the line, until I control him to go back to the winger myself but it's too late to prevent the cross to the near post.
iframe>

And speaking of defensive positioning, the obsession by backline defenders to maintain a deep straight line is causing issues. In this video, look at 0:05 when the CPU CB completely abandons Salah to drop deep - leaving Salah entirely free at the penalty spot!

But then, regardless of defensive positioning the CPU will still attempt these darn low crosses when it makes no sense. There's clearly something in the code that has the CPU always wanting to go for that low cross, even when a giant CB is standing right in front. And that stupidness is on Superstar difficulty!

I don't know how you can watch these and not come away with the conclusion that there's some really poor AI programming going on.

The thing with the Chinese league rumors is, isn't it supposed to be licensed by FIFA?
Although this seems like a rumor too, it looks kind of real, yet they haven't announced it either.

I don't know how will it end in PES, unless it's some kind of a shared licence. But if so, FIFA will totally annihilate PES because they'd probably get stadiums, presentation, commentary, etc...and PES would only have kits and maybe a few faces...
Thing is with this CSL rumour too, I've only seen forum posts about it. There's been nothing with any credibility to support it; no press rumours; nothing. I could start a rumour now and a few people say it too but it doesn't give it any actual credibility.

I have historically been a critic of online PES on this site but the last couple of days i've had the best games ever on or offline. It depends on who you play but i got to say it's been brilliant. My only gripes are there are still dick splashes out there who still score cut back goals. And of course the 'Messi spammer' but for me it's been great, i'm sure i will have some shit games as i did when it first came out but the last 3-4 days have been excellent. It seems online is their biggest concern and on what i've witnessed thus far Adam must be smiling.

it was great but the last day or so has been garbage online. Slow, with bad responsiveness from players and bad player switching. Feels like they're playing an a pitch full of mud. Hope they fix it soon. I will stop online play until it's resolved because it's just not fun.

Yes, tap X feels a little bit overpowered but as long as your direction is directly towards a teammate, I don't think your teammate will have a problem trapping the pass nicely.
What about quick one-two through ball near penalty area? How do you guys do this on manual? Thats where Im having biggest problems, due to OP of a little tap. My through balls always go to the other team. Any tips? Or just practice, practice, practice?

Would really appreciate some help with myclub online season/divisions i have played over 20 games with decent win ratio and still div 12? There used to be a graph after each game telling you current points etc and requirements for promotion but now after playing 1v1 competitive ranked there's nothing?? There is a weekly pes league but how do you move up divisions? I feel a bit lost with myclub online as it's been the same in practically every pes. I just want to fight for promotion/ avoid relegation like every previous version of myclub and fifa ut does :(
Divisions from previous years seem to be gone. Now it's either a system based on rating or Pes League points, and will only be updated once a week.
If it's about Pes League points, then ratings are pretty much pointless but for a leaderboard screenshot lol
Just you vs 16 other selected people, whoever plays the most games in a week wins it seems. No match limit involved, which is another totally idiotic decision by these developers.

Red Hand reminds me of Pesmunki. This guy was famous on WENB for announcing after every tiny update that the game was massively improved, although he was the only one who could see the changes, and would then start ranting at anyone who disagreed or suggested it might be placebo effect.
I don't know who that monkey is, but that monkey business won't work here.

Wow the offical pes just replied on the ai issues asking can you please provide us with evidence of ai issues .I thought they would have had enough of them already

View attachment 5932

Who can believe this? Officialpes is not aware of AI problems
Tell him to switch on his fucking PS4 and play one game, instead of posting pointless shit on Twitter, acting like he cares.

What about quick one-two through ball near penalty area? How do you guys do this on manual? Thats where Im having biggest problems, due to OP of a little tap. My through balls always go to the other team. Any tips? Or just practice, practice, practice?
I don't use :triangle:for 1-2's. I simply use :x: or :l2:+:circle: for the second pass and it's accurate.
I don't use through-ball for the reason you've stated, sometimes it feels like I don't have control.

The only problem I'm anticipating during 1-2's are: if the initial passer able to run properly or if the defender blocking him.

Wow the offical pes just replied on the ai issues asking can you please provide us with evidence of ai issues .I thought they would have had enough of them already

Spotted this earlier and forgot to report it to @Mart, but he knows now. Stay tuned.

EDIT: And he's fixed it!

Thanks, it was annoying me too. Very sMart.

OH! We have Twitter feeds now as well? We going up, baby!

CSL is not about exclusivity, there's already the great "Sociable Soccer" who have this licence.
Every federations should follow that example.
When i see DFL decisions about that, or Liga MX answer...
Gives me idea to charge them with a kalashnikov loaded with little rabbit (cute) shit bullets

No Premier League, No Bundesliga, No Laliga but Tai League is coming....How they want compete on market with sales? Dont get it.
Chinese Super League is in, now Thai league - could they be focusing on area(s) where they feel like they're guaranteed sales (i.e. Asia)? Given the fact that physical sales have dropped like a stone...

A) If the videos aren't BLATANTLY OBVIOUS examples, they will be ignored. This is why I've said, and keep saying, if anyone has any examples at all, PLEASE BOMBARD @OFFICIALPES WITH THEM ON TWITTER.
I don't have Twitter but I made one (you can find it in the PES 2019 PC thread, I'll post it here for convenience):

Feel free to link them to OfficialPES if you think it's worth.

Magic, the Thai League will be fantastic for Master League.

Cant wait until Port (great name btw) snap up half of the Bournemouth squad.... ive always thought that more players should join Thai clubs :TU:

Im all for expanding the Master League universe, imagine having all the leagues from FM available to play in PES in a concurrent world for example. But the bread and butter of the mode is poor, so adding a league like this will only go on to highlight the problems with the transfer system when half of the Premier League starts turning out for Thai clubs... playing in 80,000 all seater super stadiums packed to the rafters.

Oh wow. I mean, if they need "blatant"... That's blatant right there...

Can everyone tweet that to @officialpes and tell them how game-breaking it is, please? I think there's little point in me doing it given their opinion of Evo-Web.

By the way, I think I should mention that was not giving them space on purpose.
It's just me who's THIS bad at defending, maybe because I try not to keep the 'A' button pressed all the time (as the "auto close down and tackle" it provides feels overpowered), I just try to get close to the opposing player and do a standing tackle with 'A' when needed but as you can see I'm not really good at it yet.

I don't have Twitter but I made one (you can find it in the PES 2019 PC thread, I'll post it here for convenience):

Can everyone tweet that to @officialpes and tell them how game-breaking it is, please? I think there's little point in me doing it given their opinion of Evo-Web.
Just did. Don't care if they respond. I know they know and all I care about is exposure. The more bombardment the better.

Reactions: Tom
Chinese Super League is in, now Thai league - could they be focusing on area(s) where they feel like they're guaranteed sales (i.e. Asia)? Given the fact that physical sales have dropped like a stone...
Everybody know that Europe is no1. for sales: UK,Germany, Spain, italy and another EU countries, even USA. Without these leagues Pes not exist with sales. Its true but nobody want say it. I know south America and Asia is big market too but Europe is no1. Look for competitor and where they sold 70% copies.....

Back
Top Bottom