PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I am and will always be on full manual.

And for the first time in a soccer video game i really feel the need to clear a ball out of my box in uncontrolled panic. Remembering the last games, the CPU would retreat instantly and always give you the time to build an attack in patience. That alone is more gamebreaking than goalkeepers glued to the line (given i don´t really come that far on legendary anyway) or the CPU missing a run on goal here and there, to be honest.
Jesus Christ! That is mad!
Even tho you say you are loosing most of matches for the moment, it still means that you are winning on Superstar, hence you unlocked it.
Im struggling to win on Professional...
Massive respect to you!

I think you are mistaken there. R2+X is a command to pass and run. You do that to open up defense.
It shouldnt have any effect on accuracy or efficiency of passes.. at least Ive never noticed any.

I agree, and it's not even in command list hahaha.

Maybe just my gut feel, i feel good passing using r2 lol.

Just to clear a few things up ......

-That Reddit workaround of altering defensive line and containment area to nullify the AI wing spamming low crosses does NOT work.

Those aren't opinions, those are facts.
I'll upload a few videos later once I'm back from work regarding this one - initially felt the same way that it wasn't making a difference but I then played 3 games against Liverpool, Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday.

In the Liverpool game I conceded one goal from a low cross in and the other was a Mane shot from the top of the area.
In the Burnley game I conceded a late, late, late winner from Chris Woods from a high long ball forwards by Burnley and a looping header that went past Kepa.
In the Sheffield Wednesday game I somehow managed to pass the ball straight to their centre forward from a goal kick who then lobbed my keeper (Kepa!).

Saw more variety in those 3 games than I had in the day before but I'm unsure whether it was because of the changes I'd made or just because of the positions the AI found themselves in. I'll play a few more later to see if I can get a better grasp on it.

I'll say this about the AI shooting that might bring some hope. I brought my keeper out to about 40 yard and then deliberately give it away with an open goal. They shot immediately and scored. Maybe it's just some probability calculation that need changing.

Something that has always bugged me with current gen PES (17 to 19 demo at least I do not own the game but I am guessing it is probably working in the same way), when you use manual passing, first time passes are always way more accurate than other types of passes, like if they are actually not manual passes but instead assisted passes.

I think it's really important that if they change the GK AI (to get their lazy asses off the line) they have to make lobs ALOT harder. Because at the moment i rather want my gk to stay in goal because as soon as he comes off his line my opponent just easily lobs the ball over him. They have to fix both of it. Make lobs as hard as in Pes 6 where it was a real satisfaction to score one.

Jesus Christ! That is mad!
Even tho you say you are loosing most of matches for the moment, it still means that you are winning on Superstar, hence you unlocked it.
Im struggling to win on Professional...
Massive respect to you!

Not exactly. It took my quite a lot games to get my 5 wins together, playing with a self-edited team with stats around 60-80).

Superstar would be absolutely sufficient going from the results as it is really hard to win, but i don´t like the flow of the game there. Even with my partly 60-rated defenders i could do diagional sprints through to the opposite box. From there on it may be difficult to score on full manual, but the easy (almost nonexistent) build up alone breaks the immersion to me.

All solved on superstar to me, as players react like i would expect them to do without being too overpowered.

Wtf you talking about and how?

How i guess is a change of code how exactly im not sure im not Japanese and am not part of the dev team.

Ive been severly critical of the game since release especially that low cross ball the AI does every single attack...4 games since the patch the AI has put in 2 low crosses (yes just 2 in 4 games) and i was able to easily intercept it where normally the AI would be moving my defenders out of the way of it.

Yous saying nothing has changed are clearly wrong and its no wonder this place got blacklisted it seems like this place has turned into WENB

I dont think you know how game development works.

The problem with this post is this.

You have played 4 games and you are defending the game in a way that doesn't make sense.

You and I know from PES 2018 that you can go 5 games without script against you and then things change. SO play some more. If you find the game is fixed then everybody else will do the same.

So, in conclusion, you come across in having some vested interest to defend this game.

I'm reading the posts and for the first time in 3 years of joining a PES forum I am getting BORED.

Tell your boss to fix the game so I can buy 10 copies.

@philla so i get this correctly. You play full manual on Superstar and you are winning? Did you say you also use 60 rated defenders to win 5 matches on Superstar?

Full story:

I started to play with Juventus and did 3 wins on superstar against other Serie A teams quite quickly. During the last weekend i took the time and edited a current 2. Bundesliga team (therefore quite a few 60 rated players) and played some tournaments with mid-level-teams from random leagues. While time flew by i managed to win two times and are now fascinated by the hard, but humanized legendary level with does so much good to midfield and build up play.

Winning is not my main goal, more like having a realistic feel of favorite vs. underdog situations and trying to stay away from relegation place.

Last edited:
I'm getting the same. It sort of looks like there's a grid on-screen when the camera is moving. It seems to go when the camera is still.
Well thanks, i thought that im the only one, so what do you think, is it a problem with ps4 or tv or its just a game?

The game is perfect for offline human vs human and thats what matters to me. I dont care playing the AI, it was always boring. Football games are ment to play with friends for fun, not the AI. So, pes2019 is the best realistic football game on full manual controls i have ever played 30 years now...And its me telling you that after 10 years on fifa manual controls only!
Yeah human vs human offline is great once a month when people round but can you tell me how human vs human online divisions is please?

Played 3 games, 2on SS, 1 on Legend, I see no difference gameplay wise on 1.02.

Incidentally I notice that only 2.7% of PS4 players have the trophy you get for unlocking Legend difficulty, you would think it would be more than that after a week tbh.

The game is perfect for offline human vs human and thats what matters to me. I dont care playing the AI, it was always boring. Football games are ment to play with friends for fun, not the AI. So, pes2019 is the best realistic football game on full manual controls i have ever played 30 years now...And its me telling you that after 10 years on fifa manual controls only!

Nice elitist attitude there dude.
Fair play that you like to play human vs human, you are entitled to as you paid your £40/euros/whatever for the game.
We also paid our money for the game and are entitled to as much of a finished product as you are, if we like to play offline vs AI, then we are entitled to, and are entitled to expect the basics of the game to work.

To openly say you don't care parts of the game are broke because it doesn't affect you, is a very immature and narrow minded, selfish opinion, and one that holds absolutely zero credence.

I'll upload a few videos later once I'm back from work regarding this one - initially felt the same way that it wasn't making a difference but I then played 3 games against Liverpool, Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday.

In the Liverpool game I conceded one goal from a low cross in and the other was a Mane shot from the top of the area.
In the Burnley game I conceded a late, late, late winner from Chris Woods from a high long ball forwards by Burnley and a looping header that went past Kepa.
In the Sheffield Wednesday game I somehow managed to pass the ball straight to their centre forward from a goal kick who then lobbed my keeper (Kepa!).

Saw more variety in those 3 games than I had in the day before but I'm unsure whether it was because of the changes I'd made or just because of the positions the AI found themselves in. I'll play a few more later to see if I can get a better grasp on it.

Tom - I rushed home hoping to use this workaround, only to find my team setup was already on the suggested settings of deepest back line possible and middle containment. Yet I see the COM teams attack from the wings with low crosses, not shooting when they should etc in at least 90% of all my matches, I'd conservatively say that 90% of all goals the COM scores against me are all Wing-Low Cross-first time shot inside the box.

Same pattern, repeated, over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLZJ_-7eVeE
PES 2019 Thai league trailer

So...since this affects you guys on PS4 too, i'm wondering from the PC topic to ask, do you think ML saves will be messed up when Thai league comes? I'm not sure how can they make it work unless it's a new league add-on. Imagine playing in a fully edited east asian league for example, and tomorrow, your entire league, teams, players, kits...is replaced. Or even worse, the save won't load/gets corrupt.

And what do you guys think the new league will be replacing. Ligue 2? Championship? Colombian unannounced league? East Asian fake league?

It seems that Thai league isn't the only Asian league coming
Some hints:

-There's one who will replace PEA league and 16 leagues teams for a reliable source working with Konami. So DON'T edit it.
-It will not be Thai league replacing PEA, they've got 18 teams and doesn't make part of East Asia Confederation, but West Asian (PEA > East Asia)
-So, the other league will come from East Asia, the meaning of P.E.A. (East Asia)
Here's the East Asian Football Confederation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_Football_Federation

-You can check every leagues links, there's leagues with 10, 8, 12, 13, 18 teams participating. In exception of one: Chinese Super League.
-Every teams in PEA have Chinese banners, i've checked for my option file building teams.

And actually, for transfermarkt, that's the most valuable league in terms of market value... So it will be a good thing.

It's not as good as the 2nd division coming back, but well... I've made my resolution, and accept it for ONE year, no more, aswell as i enjoy the gameplay.

There was 3 leagues i always wanted to see in PES: MLS, Jupiler League (Belgian), and most recently CSL since they've become a big deal in Asia. Thai league will be fun to discover and play, for those one like me who likes very low leagues, but with CSL + J-league created, i'll be tempted to make an Asian ML.

Last edited:
Myclub is a 90+ player rated mess. The mode is a professional troll to football fans tbh.

ever heard of team lvl filter?

giphy.gif

Wow the offical pes just replied on the ai issues asking can you please provide us with evidence of ai issues .I thought they would have had enough of them already
A) If the videos aren't BLATANTLY OBVIOUS examples, they will be ignored. This is why I've said, and keep saying, if anyone has any examples at all, PLEASE BOMBARD @OFFICIALPES WITH THEM ON TWITTER.

B) The game has only just launched and they need sales, they aren't going to say "oh yeah, our game is broken, but buy it anyway, even though it's definitely not going to get fixed and we'll carry on being non-committal about it".

Reactions: Tom
Wow the offical pes just replied on the ai issues asking can you please provide us with evidence of ai issues .I thought they would have had enough of them already
Send them this in regards to wing play. Final version is no different from the demo and it doesnt matter what difficulty do you play on
https://youtu.be/0rdQ3bSD1YU

Im sure people have more clips in regards of AI not shooting in obvious situations or GK stuck to the line

Back
Top Bottom