PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

So I played a match post patch and the AI scored a goal I had not seen before, I was clearing the ball with my keeper, it went into Emre Can and into my goal!

Sadly, this was only the result of me being careless and not brand new AI patterns, those look the same to me.

AI is ridiculous.
And online is even rarely mentioned. (how bad it is).

If you don't have anybody to play with - live, then this Pes simply sucks.

Red Hand reminds me of Pesmunki. This guy was famous on WENB for announcing after every tiny update that the game was massively improved, although he was the only one who could see the changes, and would then start ranting at anyone who disagreed or suggested it might be placebo effect.

Red Hand reminds me of Pesmunki. This guy was famous on WENB for announcing after every tiny update that the game was massively improved, although he was the only one who could see the changes, and would then start ranting at anyone who disagreed or suggested it might be placebo effect.

A real legend and founder of the #PESplayedright movement, which mainly consisted of:

- If attacking AI is too bad, just give them the ball more often.
- If the is no pressure in midfield, just slow the game down (without need) to make it appear more realistic.

Average clicks on his videos: 12

Last edited:
Does anybody here plays myClub?

It should be a major mode in the game. Like fut is in fifa.

ps. I just realize that it is my first post here. So, hello to everyone.
Konami has shut down PesFan. I hope people will gather here now, with all that what should be said about PES, good and bad :)

I´d like to.
But I can´t connect to the servers on my PS4 due to error code THPS2_200.

Fuma in professional with 20 min matches! My fav combination. Tough enough for me and the CPU don’t go too crazy, imo.

Same here :) .

But after reading a few posts, I´m tempted to try advanced shooting.
Gonna give it a go in training mode.

I have historically been a critic of online PES on this site but the last couple of days i've had the best games ever on or offline. It depends on who you play but i got to say it's been brilliant. My only gripes are there are still dick splashes out there who still score cut back goals. And of course the 'Messi spammer' but for me it's been great, i'm sure i will have some shit games as i did when it first came out but the last 3-4 days have been excellent. It seems online is their biggest concern and on what i've witnessed thus far Adam must be smiling.

Can we all bombard their Twitter account about the gk and ai issues
I'm disappointed these don't appear to be under investigation, same with the Master League transfer debacle.
That Twitter update shows us exactly where their priorities lie. But then we already knew that anyway.

nothing about offline issues unfortunately.:CURSE:
On their defense - they cant really openly admit that their AI is fucked.. its still fresh game and people are still buying or are about to buy it..
Id say they are well aware of it right now and sit behind closed doors scratching their heads how to fix it. And I think, even when we finally get a fix, it will be officially called "miscalenous gameplay improvements" or something. They would never admit that they made a bollox out of fundamentals.

On their defense - they cant really openly admit that their AI is fucked.. its still fresh game and people are still buying or are about to buy it..
Id say they are well aware of it right now and sit behind closed doors scratching their heads how to fix it. And I think, even when we finally get a fix, it will be officially called "miscalenous gameplay improvements" or something. They would never admit that they made a bollox out of fundamentals.
Yeah I agree with that, not good practice to openly bash your own game. The master league issue should of been quoted as under investigation though as it unrelated to gameplay.

R2 being the jockey if defending. The one above sprint (R1).

R2 + X.
I think you are mistaken there. R2+X is a command to pass and run. You do that to open up defense.
It shouldnt have any effect on accuracy or efficiency of passes.. at least Ive never noticed any.

im so glad i returned the game back, this is one of the worst master leagues iv experienced, theres no reason to keep playing this game unless your into the online
I'm into online, and there is zero reason to play that too.
Online divisions is just vs the same four 5 star teams. Boring
Myclub is a 90+ player rated mess. The mode is a professional troll to football fans tbh.
That mode alone shows how short sighted the direction of Pes has become. It's all about the quick buck before people realise the games shallowness (modes or gameplay - pick one). Cash in on microtransactions, then spent 2 whole months (starting a month before release) working on Pes 2020.

But above all else, the connections are total dog shit. Even a slightly poor connection turns the gameplay into an abomination. It's embarrassing tbf. And heartbreaking too, of all the online games I play it's the only one that doesn't work well.

Managed to go 4 days without buying pes 2014 wooohooo lol

Can i get an update on online divisions please? Is it still scripted like last year or is it fair and best man wins?

Thanks

In my eyes the current bugs are really not that critical in comparison to the gamebreakers in previous editions. I didn´t win a game in 10 matches on legendary and lost most of them to a lot of varied goals. Best of all, i always felt in control to prevent them.

Having the bad memories of PES2016 and PES2017 in mind, there is nothing more gamebreaking that a lack of challenge. In this regard PES2019 delivers to me.

Nevertheless let´s keep the feedback pressure high to iron out these things.

It's not when playing Manual with similar settings though. People tend to pick smaller teams when using manual.
Manual is the only way to go when online. Otherwise you will be just defending agaist 2km long through balls and ping pong passes. There's no fun in it at all

@philla
Tell me you are not on manual when playing against Legend difficulty.....

Just to clear a few things up ......

-There has been absolutely ZERO changes to offline game play after the patches. Zero.
-That Reddit workaround of altering defensive line and containment area to nullify the AI wing spamming low crosses does NOT work.
- R2 + X Does NOT equal a 'controlled pass' it is used purely for making the passer make a straight run after he has played the ball.

Those aren't opinions, those are facts.

I find Advanced shooting to be really clunky and just do not like it. I know we all discusser at length on WENB about having shot modifiers but we really should have the ability to control the power, height and style of shot in 2019, with ease, on all shooting types i 2019. I mean, the competitor can do it so there's no reason why it shouldn't be do-able.

Good to see you posting again by the way! :TU:

Thanks mate, Evo-web is blocked at work (categorised as gaming) so in order to bypass it i have to unplug the LAN cable, enable guest wifi, change proxy settings to bypass local addresses, then it works, all whilst this time i do not have any work network access or email, so I don't get to post as much as I would like, but always try to have a read on here, much more sensible debate than other forum forums that shall not be mentioned.

Manual is the only way to go when online. Otherwise you will be just defending agaist 2km long through balls and ping pong passes. There's no fun in it at all

@philla
Tell me you are not on manual when playing against Legend difficulty.....

I am and will always be on full manual.

And for the first time in a soccer video game i really feel the need to clear a ball out of my box in uncontrolled panic. Remembering the last games, the CPU would retreat instantly and always give you the time to build an attack in patience. That alone is more gamebreaking than goalkeepers glued to the line (given i don´t really come that far on legendary anyway) or the CPU missing a run on goal here and there, to be honest.

The game is perfect for offline human vs human and thats what matters to me. I dont care playing the AI, it was always boring. Football games are ment to play with friends for fun, not the AI. So, pes2019 is the best realistic football game on full manual controls i have ever played 30 years now...And its me telling you that after 10 years on fifa manual controls only!

Back
Top Bottom