PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Anyone here experienced when playing against the AI, the superstar players take you on instead of passing backwards or sideways, cos I didn’t notice any individuality in that area.

Anyone here experienced when playing against the AI, the superstar players take you on instead of passing backwards or sideways, cos I didn’t notice any individuality in that area.
sadly no. probably patch will change this. individuality is present when they pass the ball, shoot and their movement but in dribbling no. they simply escape 1 on 1 situations for making passes

Just seen a reddit post talking about how it's a completely different game after the patch! It must be one of Daniel's accounts.
People are so desperate for the game to be fixed they're literally just making stuff up now. Konami haven't even claimed to have done even the slightest tweak.

If Konami were to address the offline A.i issues it's worth noting that it probably isn't as simple as just nerfing the low cross spam.

Currently they score roughly 80 to 90% of their goals in this manner, If the frequency was dropped down to say 30 to 40% you've seriously reduced their goalscoring threat which means they'd need to work on other area's to counter that.

Things like shots from outside the area, dribbling & passing moves, goals from high balls, players through on goal actually shooting.......would all need their frequency and success rate increased whilst also being balanced so as they don't become the next overpowered go to route from the A.i.

They basically need to rebalance the tendencies of the whole attacking A.i whilst not fucking something else up in the process.
It's' something I don't think Konami are willing or capable of doing as I'd think it isn't an easy fix given their past history.

Last edited:
So 1.02 update only fix the logo on some kits?
Yes well thats all they are claiming...it could be to speed up the patch process...SMS stated recently the less patch notes the quicker Sony n MS will approve a patch. They have went from giving us a full list to a summary.

Just fired it up...lets see any difference.

Just seen a reddit post talking about how it's a completely different game after the patch! It must be one of Daniel's accounts.

Probably booted up and played PES 2018 by accident.

@Lami you play full Manual right mate? or those (anyone) that play manual (either pass or shoot .. doesn't matter) ....
@Elanimator @Isslander @Dom ... @Antoine

open to anyone these questions really:

1. What difficulty you're on at the moment?
    Slightly similar question as above; What difficulty you think is the most realistic?
I might be on Amateur difficulty (Q1), but I may find Professional being the most realistic (Q2).

Are the above questions making sense? :?
Or am I confused with myself ... :THINK::THINK::THINK:

I have played for a long time on top player but have for now settled on Professional, which I still find quite challenging. Probably because manual passing is an utter git this year, so bloody hard! Props to you guys who are switching to manual now because I have used it for years and am struggling with it in is years game. Every PES I take a good bit of time figuring out how I want to play it, and this time I have even added advanced shooting to the mix, never used that before. Last year was manual passing and basic shooting.
About the realism, I could not really tell you. But there is less difference between TP and Pro this year, IMO. Last year I needed more challenge than Professional, now it seems closer to being what I want.

If Konami were to address the offline A.i issues is worth noting that it probably isn't as simple as just nerfing the low cross spam.

Currently they score roughly 80 to 90% of their goals in this manner, If the frequency was dropped down to say 30 to 40% you've seriously reduced their goalscoring threat which means they'd need to work on other area's to counter that.

Things like shots from outside the area, dribbling & passing moves, goals from high balls, players through on goal actually shooting.......would all need their frequency and success rate increased whilst also being balanced so as they don't become the next overpowered go to route from the A.i.

They basically need to rebalance the tendencies of the whole attacking A.i whilst not fucking something else up in the process.
It's' something I don't think Konami are willing or capable of doing as I'd think it isn't an easy fix given their past history.

Spot on! Right now scoring from crosses and shots outside the box is also too hard. They would have to adjust that as well - otherwise the CPU wouldnt score a single goal.

So lets just hope thex fix the Goalkeeper Stuck on the line thing.

Yes well thats all they are claiming...it could be to speed up the patch process...SMS stated recently the less patch notes the quicker Sony n MS will approve a patch. They have went from giving us a full list to a summary.

Just fired it up...lets see any difference.

A new Update File (Data Pack 1.01 & Patch 1.01.01) was released on 04/09/2018.
See below for further details.

■Fixes
・Fixed an issue where incorrect logos were displayed on the kits of some teams.

Yeah I have never been able to master those but for some reason I just get them now. And switching to advanced shooting actually ended up making my few games tonight quite pleasant, especially one when I scored 2 in the final three minutes to win 2-1!
For some reason I was very torn this year. Couldnt find a sweet spot on settings to play and enjoy Pes.
Journey to manual is tough like journey to Mordor.. especially when I have COM under siege for the whole time and at the end they go, do one low cross and win the game.
Its probably tougher and more frustrating due to broken and annoying AI.
So every few games I was going back to PA1 to rest. But I have to say, guys - after playing on manual - PA1 feels like PA5! I cant stand it! It so arcade! So switching back to PA0 and starting again..
Anyway - back to the quote. Last night in the middle of my usual circle of frustration Ive decided to try advance shooting. I could never figure it out. And, somehow, I did now! And it changed the game a little bit. I was finding more joy from matches. Advance shooting is really cool!
@PotatoCouch
I recommend trying it, pal. But if you do, go to training ground first. Thats what I did. Spend 10/15 mins there just to see how they work and off you go.
Its so cool to be able to pick your corner! And they dont seems to be overpowered. I was afraid they will seem..fake. but they are nice and ballanced.

I recommend trying it, pal

8f8.jpg

I'm also switching between Manual and PA1 for online. The thing though is that it's so apparent that passing stats doesn't matter until the final third which makes midfield battles non existent with PA1 so it's a constant end to end match, almost like handball in many ways...

Just had my first game since the patch and it was the most enjoyable game of PES ive had since PES 6...

Napoli v Milan

Difference i noticed...They crossed the ball 3 times and all 3 were high croses, basic shooting Hamsik with a tap of the shoot button hit 2 very hard daisy cutters similar to advanced shooting. Everything is running smoother. Ai kept the ball much better and even went back when they needed to. No more running it out of play.

Ive spoke about this game not having the magic of the PS2 games...the game i just had is no doubt getting there. Lets hope my second game is as good as that one.....

My problem with PA0 is that my pass sometimes too slow, sometimes doesn't go to the right direction. I literally just tap on the X, like really soft tap X otherwise the pass will just be overpowered.

And i can confirm R2 + X will give you more accurate direction, i am fairly sure now.

Another reason I moved to advanced shooting was to see if I would have better luck with headers than on manual.
I have scored a lovely header last night from corner. I used Super Cancel to move in front of the defender and then applied same logic that I do when shooting. I held direction back/up for low corner of the goal. Really nice animation and goal. Pity I didnt record it.
Props to you guys who are switching to manual now because I have used it for years and am struggling with it in is years game.
Thank you for saying this! I cant go back to PA1. It takes away a lot of beauty and realism after so many games on manual.
But I thought that Im just completely useless struggling on Professional/manual..

My problem with PA0 is that my pass sometimes too slow, sometimes doesn't go to the right direction. I literally just tap on the X, like really soft tap X otherwise the pass will just be overpowered.

And i can confirm R2 + X will give you more accurate direction, i am fairly sure now.
sprint + x or? becouse the key for close control + x is another command (pass and run)

Just to make you understand how much Konami doesn't care anymore about his videogames.

Yesterday was Metal Gear Solid 1 20th anniversary, not a single word from Konami accounts on twitter, just some retweets of other people celebrating it.

Back
Top Bottom