PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

There is a mini fix for low crossing. Try it.

Set the team you are playing against to Long ball
Set the attacking to centering targets
Find out who the sidemen are and give them both pinpoint crossing and early cross attributes in both playing attributes and COM
If possible not not always essential set the striker to Target man and give him heading trait.

I found that it worked more often than not and low crossing was limited. I was trying it with mid table English and italian sides. If you use possession and short passing they will constantly attempt to walk it into the box and play low crosses.

Im continuing to test.

This is on professional.

Yep! Wait till it’s like £14.99 on the e-stores in November or December, that way all the patches and data packs are done, option files are largely settled and you will just about be getting the game experience that it’s really worth. Though I think even at over a tenner it’s flattery for a game that’s akin to an indie effort.

Still lacks fouls, poor AI wanting to pass all the time, even when clean through on goal. Still no bookings/sendings off, particularly for the AI teams. Although it’s seemingly slightly better than 18 was, it’s still not right or frequent enough.

Goalies with special boots, they’re superglued to the line and just stand and watch your star striker put one past him.

At least 20 licensed stadiums short of what it should have, pretend weather, and chock full of other frustrating things that folks have said about ML, no 2nd divisions, 3rd rate scoreboards that look like they’re right out of an Eastern European TV station in the 1970’s......I’m sure there will be loads of other crap in there that we would find aggravating once we started playing it every day.

Don’t spend any more than £15 on this and you may get a reasonable game for your money, but £40 or above, I would rather snag my nuts in a vice and tighten it.
Glad I am one of the 42%ers this time. I could see through the nonsense that Tanvir, Daniel and Curdie were spouting through the lead up that it was going to be a poor, unfinished offline offering again. This is the first year of my 3 year plan not to buy pes at launch.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't understand the need to have those Featured Players in MyClub when this series always had something called... yeah, "form arrows".

They could have tried a better approach, i.e. featured players always having red green arrow and maybe +1 OVR. Instead, we have these abominations like 96 Ziyech and 93 Gio Simeone ruining the mode first week after release. Pff...

Well, I suppose the 10-15 whales spending thousands of dollars there are a good replacement of die-hard fans for Konami.

Just saw the cpu do a high cross corner during a two option short corner set up. Pretty neat.

There is a mini fix for low crossing. Try it.

Set the team you are playing against to Long ball
Set the attacking to centering targets
Find out who the sidemen are and give them both pinpoint crossing and early cross attributes in both playing attributes and COM
If possible not not always essential set the striker to Target man and give him heading trait.

I found that it worked more often than not and low crossing was limited. I was trying it with mid table English and italian sides. If you use possession and short passing they will constantly attempt to walk it into the box and play low crosses.

Im continuing to test.

This is on professional.

tenor.gif

Something ain't right when it comes to defending against the CPU, especially above professional difficulty. I just finished a match on Superstar in which I finished with 30 interceptions and 2 tackles.

I'm seeing this pretty consistently: almost all my matches end with me having way more interceptions than tackles, and my tackle numbers are usually pretty low.

I'm just frustrated because I'll aim far post and sometimes the shots will go near post for some reason. Sometimes I'll attempt for a low shot but it'll go high.

And often times these will end up with goals, almost as if the game opted for the type of shot with higher probability for success, even if that's not what I intended. I also notice this is happening with passes going to a different player than a selected.

The result is that I'm rewarded - or penalized - for something I didn't intend. And I know it's not my aim because I don't have issues with this in the other game.
I know you prefer basic shooting, but seriously try advanced shooting again. I felt I'm more in control after I somewhat got used to it. The low shots are beautiful with it. You just go diagonally in the other direction for low shots. Press longer for harder shots. So if you're wanting bottom right corner, aim bottom left with the stick.

All those years I couldn't get used to advanced and this year I finally did for some reason :LOL:

The goals felt very rewarding and satisfying too.

I think some people play this game without to know what this stats really means.

There is no difference in passing the ball around or shooting with free space or headers without an opponent. Not with basic controlls, not in manual and not in advanced. Stats come to shine and affect the game in various situation. Unfortunately my English is not the best, so it feels difficult to explain what i exactly mean.
For example take Iniesta and a low rated CB. There are situations, where you have to hit the final pass in space, a final 1-2 or a fast reaction is needed because of an attacking defender. Iniesta will handle this pass better then the lower rated CB for sure.

This is one example for pass stats. For other stats like shooting, heading or crossing there are many different situation where this stats influence.

But its definitely not the simple imagination of playing a pass from a to b.
I like your explanation man, including your previous post on shooting stats.
Makes a lot of sense to me.

On no pressure shots, everyone can shoot consistently inside the box. We can easily test it by going in training mode and shooting on the same spot with different shot settings(manual, basic/advanced), using a 40 rated finisher. Inside the box, just somewhere behind the penalty spot they can all score consistently, in other certain angles too.. as long as the dominant foot is used.

On basic/advanced, I'll assume lower stat finisher players will be greatly affected by pressure(or other variables) causing them to be inconsistent when shooting, even in decent spots inside the box.
Since I'm a manual player, the question that is lingering in my mind is: how much impact these variables(like pressure) affects manual shots inside the box(decent spots), if it has any? Does pressure change the direction or power of manual shot?
I think it's a hard question to answer with proof.. and it's something the is very difficult to test since it's impossible to repeat this situations with a lot of variables in training mode for all shot settings.

On manual normal passing, I don't feel any significant inconsistencies in terms of pass direction even when physically bothered by defenders. As long as the ball is not blocked by the defenders, the ball will go to where I aimed. Of course, when I'm not facing the direction I passed to, power is greatly affected, maybe direction to some degree also.

Last edited:
I like your explanation man, including your previous post on shooting stats.
Makes a lot of sense to me.

On no pressure shots, everyone can shoot consistently inside the box. We can easily test it by going in training mode and shooting on the same spot with different shot settings(manual, basic/advanced), using a 40 rated finisher. Inside the box, just somewhere behind the penalty spot they can all score consistently, in other certain angles too.. as long as the dominant foot is used.

On basic/advanced, I'll assume lower stat finisher players will be greatly affected by pressure(or other variables) causing them to be inconsistent when shooting, even inside the box.
Since I'm a manual player, the question that is lingering in my mind is: how much impact these variables(like pressure) affects manual shots inside the box(decent spots), if it has any? Does pressure change the direction or power of manual shot?
I think it's a hard question to answer with proof.. and it's something the is very difficult to test since it's impossible to repeat this situations with a lot of variables in training mode for all shot settings.

On manual normal passing, I don't feel any significant inconsistencies in terms of pass direction even when physically bothered by defenders. As long as the ball is not blocked by the defenders, the ball will go to where I aimed. Of course, when I'm not facing the direction I passed to, power is greatly affected, maybe direction to some degree also.

Since the beginning of manual i play this way and learn to see these stats of players differently. Like i mentioned, passing stats influence pass under pressure, reacting time to deliver final passes and definitely passes out difficult angles. With Long balls its the same, in addition that long balls can be play with precision in the course of your striker or without precision in the back or to wide. Difficult to describe... Iniesta passing describes it the most for me. A pass from your own half diagonal in the course of the striker right before the box of your opponent can not hit with some lower rated. Both players hit it with full power bar and exactly same direction of your left stick. Maybe he can hit it wide like it but not with precision like iniesta. It affect the manual controll by stats, therefore actually we cant named it full manual. Its not, but its aiming manual with giving individual skills of each player

^ standard response or radio silence is the norm. My only concern is we will have to wait until November for next patch if it can be fixed. I remember 15 or 16 where the AI always shot in far post bottom corner and it was never fixed ...not sure how this could happen as 17 and 18 were fine for me

That was 16. Ai scored with every shot on target. 19 is almost as bad in that regard. Almost gave up on the game today because of this issue.

People here celebrating the drop of sales in UK as if their team won the World Cup :).

I hope Konami stops making PES series so we can all switch to FIFA that is selling more and more year after year :).

Since the beginning of manual i play this way and learn to see these stats of players differently. Like i mentioned, passing stats influence pass under pressure, reacting time to deliver final passes and definitely passes out difficult angles. With Long balls its the same, in addition that long balls can be play with precision in the course of your striker or without precision in the back or to wide. Difficult to describe... Iniesta passing describes it the most for me. A pass from your own half diagonal in the course of the striker right before the box of your opponent can not hit with some lower rated. Both players hit it with full power bar and exactly same direction of your left stick. Maybe he can hit it wide like it but not with precision like iniesta. It affect the manual controll by stats, therefore actually we cant named it full manual. Its not, but its aiming manual with giving individual skills of each player

I liked this explanation. Glad to hear manual passing takes into consideration individual attributes.

Would someone like to explain to me how shielding works in this game? Cause it seems like the CPU - especially on Top Player and above - is really good at tackling the ball from behind me but I swear every time I try it it's a foul. I don't get it.

I think the opposite, they shouldn´t waste their money on licenses and follow a community-based concept like rfactor. PES has always been strongly depending on community support.

..I know nothing about this game. How lucrative is it, compared to say, selling myclub coins to customers?

I know you prefer basic shooting, but seriously try advanced shooting again. I felt I'm more in control after I somewhat got used to it. The low shots are beautiful with it. You just go diagonally in the other direction for low shots. Press longer for harder shots. So if you're wanting bottom right corner, aim bottom left with the stick.

All those years I couldn't get used to advanced and this year I finally did for some reason :LOL:

The goals felt very rewarding and satisfying too.

Yeah I have never been able to master those but for some reason I just get them now. And switching to advanced shooting actually ended up making my few games tonight quite pleasant, especially one when I scored 2 in the final three minutes to win 2-1!

Also I think there might be something to this defensive line thing, I moved it all the way back playing Liverpool in a league and Brighton actually had a ton of normal crosses. When I went back to my Parma ML save and played against Sampdoria, it was back to more ground crosses. Bit at least I scored those great advanced shot goals against them.

Something ain't right when it comes to defending against the CPU, especially above professional difficulty. I just finished a match on Superstar in which I finished with 30 interceptions and 2 tackles.

I'm seeing this pretty consistently: almost all my matches end with me having way more interceptions than tackles, and my tackle numbers are usually pretty low.

So Professional is the most realistic mode in PES 2019?

Would someone like to explain to me how shielding works in this game? Cause it seems like the CPU - especially on Top Player and above - is really good at tackling the ball from behind me but I swear every time I try it it's a foul. I don't get it.

From my limited understanding, there isn't any command to shield the ball; it's auto; all you do is move your L1 and get your AI on your back. Happy to be corrected :)

Mate, Legend can do literally anything yeah .. not only the one you mentioned about tackling from behing ... but shooting from half way and it's a goal LOL

People here celebrating the drop of sales in UK as if their team won the World Cup :).

I hope Konami stops making PES series so we can all switch to FIFA that is selling more and more year after year :).

You would think these teams that are in charge of PES know that anytime Konami can pull the plug; it's like they striving to do so much but no funds allocated .. this is a losing battle and everyone know that (at least for those team involved with PES). It'll be awesome to see Bhatti and Tanvir promoting FIFA2025 along with Corey Andres and Zaro.

Last edited:
@Lami you play full Manual right mate? or those (anyone) that play manual (either pass or shoot .. doesn't matter) ....
@Elanimator @Isslander @Dom ... @Antoine

open to anyone these questions really:

1. What difficulty you're on at the moment?
  2. Slightly similar question as above; What difficulty you think is the most realistic?
I might be on Amateur difficulty (Q1), but I may find Professional being the most realistic (Q2).

Are the above questions making sense? :?
Or am I confused with myself ... :THINK::THINK::THINK:

I find Advanced shooting to be really clunky and just do not like it. I know we all discusser at length on WENB about having shot modifiers but we really should have the ability to control the power, height and style of shot in 2019, with ease, on all shooting types i 2019. I mean, the competitor can do it so there's no reason why it shouldn't be do-able.

Good to see you posting again by the way! :TU:

What's the competitor's control scheme for this? And is it stat/context dependent?

I'm getting the same. It sort of looks like there's a grid on-screen when the camera is moving. It seems to go when the camera is still.

Guys I'm getting the same thing. I have two options for you. If you turn HDR option in PS4 video settings, glitch is gone but graphics is all washed up. Or you can also lower "sharpness" setting of your TV and glitch is almost invisible.

I think it has something to do with a combination for PS4 slim and 4K Samsung TV that supports some basic HDR (2016 series). If you find a better solution please send me a message.

Back
Top Bottom