PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Would really appreciate some help with myclub online season/divisions i have played over 20 games with decent win ratio and still div 12? There used to be a graph after each game telling you current points etc and requirements for promotion but now after playing 1v1 competitive ranked there's nothing?? There is a weekly pes league but how do you move up divisions? I feel a bit lost with myclub online as it's been the same in practically every pes. I just want to fight for promotion/ avoid relegation like every previous version of myclub and fifa ut does :(

I've tweeted the article to official pes , Adam and asim for what it's worth.now it's not just Twitter moaners it's in the press

I went through @officialpes replies from the weekend and saw one that said 'thanks, we'll pass it onto the team" regarding too much wingplay/low crossing. There were dozens of responses from them about server issues but only one about gameplay. Having had a '@officialpes' search feed open on twitter for the last few days I know that quite a few people have been complaining/highlighting (with videos) the various issues that we've all been chatting about but they have barely acknowledged any of it. I look forward to the next update that has patch notes stating 'various gameplay improvements'!

^ standard response or radio silence is the norm. My only concern is we will have to wait until November for next patch if it can be fixed. I remember 15 or 16 where the AI always shot in far post bottom corner and it was never fixed ...not sure how this could happen as 17 and 18 were fine for me

Another review

Guardian

The most important aspects - how it looks and the feel of play - are top-drawer, but this only makes the surrounding drabness even more disappointing, and ensures that PES will remain the preferred choice of contrarians only. PES would greatly benefit from a rethink that applied a ruthless scalpel to everything surrounding what happens on the field: it doesn’t need to include second-rate features just because FIFA has them.

6/10

More and more reviews citing the same issues about everything off the pitch being awful. Will they understand?

Do you know why attacking players do not jump for headers on manual at all? I press shot button 3000 times while the ball is in the air and nothing is going on.

Another review

Guardian

6/10

More and more reviews citing the same issues about everything off the pitch being awful. Will they understand?
Will they balls.

Asim's been doing the usual Konami schtick of playing the victim over the Eurogamer article today already. We'll get more of the same the more critical articles are written.

Interesting too. As much as I am a big fan of their work, Glen of PES World was earlier quick to leap to the defence of Asim over the Eurogamer article tweets, then later that day receives his care package from Konami.

:WHISTLE:

Will they balls.

Asim's been doing the usual Konami schtick of playing the victim over the Eurogamer article today already. We'll get more of the same the more critical articles are written.

It's proper laughable stuff with the whole 'uk isn't the whole world' stuff he was spouting earlier. Yes... the UK is only the 1st/2nd biggest videogame market in Europe, who wants to do well there anyway!

Had some great fun with the game today in online divisions. Scored these two beauties to get me back in it after going 2 nil down in a crazy first half.

The first is a sweet volley at the far post by Silva and the second is a bit of Spanish tiki taka magic and great finish by Iniesta. Unfortunately the guy didn't let me watch the replays.

Absolutely love the game when it's like this.

https://youtu.be/nLVFgZVs7uc

https://youtu.be/io-5bBwhY-U
That first volley was lovely from Silva, really really nice.

Do you know why attacking players do not jump for headers on manual at all? I press shot button 3000 times while the ball is in the air and nothing is going on.

I don't think it's just manual and it's not just headers. I'll have players not first time clear or shoot the ball but instead trap the ball even though I can see the power bar for my first time input. Sometimes players simply don't do what you tell them. No idea why but it's certainly frustrating.

It's proper laughable stuff with the whole 'uk isn't the whole world' stuff he was spouting earlier. Yes... the UK is only the 1st/2nd biggest videogame market in Europe, who wants to do well there anyway!
It was the desire for "fact based reporting" that got me. At the end of the day, it is factual that UK physical sales are down 42% from last year. The argument that the article didn't consider how "digital sales are on a huge increase" is a joke too. I'm sorry but digital sales haven't increased that much in the last 12 months to account for a 42% drop in physical sales. Pure deflecting and excuse-making once again from the PR department.

That first volley was lovely from Silva, really really nice.
Cheers. Yeah it felt amazing to score and the second goal by Iniesta had me jumping out my seat as I'd come back from 2 nil down.
This game really does give you some special moments. I'll remember those two goals for a long time!

Last edited:
Can I have a moan about Master League too? fine

Ok so Kevin De Bruyne joined Man Red in the first transfer window - seriously

Why should I know what my chances of signing a player are, especially when it allows you to reduce the fee while still telling you what the chances are, its insane.

Cut scenes and awful translation 'We will not be complacent, we will today' said nobody ever

Pick a favourite player - why?

Results page - spread across two screens rather than on one screen - why?

Cut scene for player of the years - why not just a simple screen with a picture of a player and who the other top 3 players were?

If they are unable to, which I think they are, do things properly and nobody who apparently is more aware of the way transfer dealings work is able to communicate this to them, then I would prefer the points system back as in the old Master League, it was simple but effective and addictive and when I last played the Wii version years ago the transfer system was far more realistic as in the database was written correctly.

Can I have a moan about Master League too? fine

Ok so Kevin De Bruyne joined Man Red in the first transfer window - seriously

Why should I know what my chances of signing a player are, especially when it allows you to reduce the fee while still telling you what the chances are, its insane.

Cut scenes and awful translation 'We will not be complacent, we will today' said nobody ever

Pick a favourite player - why?

Results page - spread across two screens rather than on one screen - why?

Cut scene for player of the years - why not just a simple screen with a picture of a player and who the other top 3 players were?

If they are unable to, which I think they are, do things properly and nobody who apparently is more aware of the way transfer dealings work is able to communicate this to them, then I would prefer the points system back as in the old Master League, it was simple but effective and addictive and when I last played the Wii version years ago the transfer system was far more realistic as in the database was written correctly.
My team, in the Championship, had 100% of signing Kimmich for £18m earlier. Fucking daft.

Sometimes players simply don't do what you tell them. No idea why but it's certainly frustrating.

It's called a design choice. The AI players of the cpu team don't suffer the same level or frequency of idiocy that the human team's players do. I have long doubted the integrity of Konami's AI and its obvious sabotaging of what you are trying to get your players to do. The game is, and always has been, littered with bias in favour of the cpu.

Had some great fun with the game today in online divisions. Scored these two beauties to get me back in it after going 2 nil down in a crazy first half.

The first is a sweet volley at the far post by Silva and the second is a bit of Spanish tiki taka magic and great finish by Iniesta. Unfortunately the guy didn't let me watch the replays.

Absolutely love the game when it's like this.

https://youtu.be/nLVFgZVs7uc

https://youtu.be/io-5bBwhY-U
Awesome!
I like how you control the speed of your players at stick and therefore the speed of the whole match (at least that part)!!
Thumbs up big time. My cup of tea for sure! :)

I went through @officialpes replies from the weekend and saw one that said 'thanks, we'll pass it onto the team" regarding too much wingplay/low crossing. There were dozens of responses from them about server issues but only one about gameplay. Having had a '@officialpes' search feed open on twitter for the last few days I know that quite a few people have been complaining/highlighting (with videos) the various issues that we've all been chatting about but they have barely acknowledged any of it. I look forward to the next update that has patch notes stating 'various gameplay improvements'!
But imagine they would actually put “fixed wing play and keeper issue” in the notes. :BLINK:
The internet would explode!! :LMAO:
My old heart wouldn’t take it (not to think of the olde guilde)!

Always a nice welcome to a forum to be completely ignored thanks.
Give it some time please.
I’m waiting on an answer myself. People are not always here. :)
I cant help you as I don’t play that mode.

Edit: And welcome to the community. :DANCE:
We are currently cleaning up from the last Welcome Party for the latest member. Stay in line and we will celebrate your registration too. You’ll receive a private message!

;)

Does anyone have some weird glitchy stripes on pes 2019 while playing, im having ps4 and Samsung '49 2017 Tv... some help pls? There are some wierd buggy shadows when match is starting by that i mean when camera is broadcasting the stadium, i will try to reinstall the game and i will see what will be. If someone has the same expirince pls reply. Thanks

^ standard response or radio silence is the norm. My only concern is we will have to wait until November for next patch if it can be fixed. I remember 15 or 16 where the AI always shot in far post bottom corner and it was never fixed ...not sure how this could happen as 17 and 18 were fine for me
It was 16, I still remember it... And they eventually got it fixed, but they fixed it with the EURO 2016 update.
It looks like it's fixed (at least for me) in EURO 2016 mode... Yet, during friendlies, the CPU often tries that move a lot (still being a little more varied than it was at release).

Does anyone have some weird glitchy stripes on pes 2019 while playing, im having ps4 and Samsung '49 2017 Tv... some help pls? There are some wierd buggy shadows when match is starting by that i mean when camera is broadcasting the stadium, i will try to reinstall the game and i will see what will be. If someone has the same expirince pls reply. Thanks
I'm getting the same. It sort of looks like there's a grid on-screen when the camera is moving. It seems to go when the camera is still.

This game click for me today ...

4-3-3

Attacking full backs

Tiki taka

DMF sitting between two CBs

High defensive line on +10

Legend difficulty

Default assists

I am addict ... it’s the best football game I have played since pes 5. It’s better than pes 2013 and I love that.

It’s definitely got flaws but I can look past them because gameplay is so addicting and F U N again. Yes fun have been missing from PES for too long.

CPU has scored lots of diffent goals against me ... I also scoring all kinds of goals.

I am in love with pes again. Well done Konami you prove me wrong this year.

I'm getting the same. It sort of looks like there's a grid on-screen when the camera is moving. It seems to go when the camera is still.
I have both teams player names above their heads. And they are glitching and blinking sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom