PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

How can anyone spin this news into a positive?

Debuting at No.2 should be a good thing but the estimated number of physical copies sold and the decline from last year's launch emphatically cancels that out.

They have to do something drastic or the game will die.

IMO the market needs two football games.

I don't enjoy seeing PES in this position but they only have themselves to blame.

All part of the plan, eh? Well, maybe the plan all along has been to drive the game into the dirt, in which case they are doing splendid work

And I don't agree that the market needs two football games, I think it need more than two!

imo we should test by changing ai team tactics and positions but not user's one
I already find it interesting by changing teams advanced instructions in edit mode first and then play match against ai
this year the edit finally work for ai, they will exactly use the tactics you edited in your edit save
eg I added tikitaka,attacking fullback and gegenpress for man city and they play more like real life
I replace hug the touchline by attacking fullback for barcelona so that they don't spread out their players and they play a little middle now
just some simple edit, I still didn't change their formation and position etc but its fun and has impact already

Going to try this
So in manual passing and manual shooting stats don’t matter?

Anyone else?
In my opinion they do. I have playing full manual for a long time.

I'm just going to leave this here.
Please try to analyse it.

Xavi's turn at 0.38 - Why is it we don't have that kind of moves anymore?.
Then, the GK coming out before Messi scores. We don't have that anymore either.

Historically, they have not done that. Konami managed to kill off Team Silent after 3 really successful and highly reviewed games. Then they managed to outsource more Silent Hill games to shoddy developers and eventually kill off the franchise with the amount of bad games they released. They managed to, essentially, kill off Kojima Productions, possibly their most beloved, better reviewed and highest selling studio. Has anyone heard of Castlevania lately?

People think that their disastrous PR, their awful interaction with the community and all these other issues are accidents, they're not. Konami simply can't be bothered at this stage.

Konami are not in the videogames business any longer. They release PES because it's easy and cheap to make and it's somewhat steady in terms of sales. But that's not their primary source of income, it hasn't been for years. And people that are expecting a PES Renaissance are in for a rude awakening when the sales and MT money doesn't satisfy Konami any longer and they put it out to pasture. They are most certainly not going to have a Capcom-like comeback. Their business is really profitable without having to be hostage of the volatile videogames industry. As people that grew up playing their games, we hate it. But their business makes sense.

Having gone through the death of the MGS franchise as an hardcore lover of the saga, I completely agree with everything you said and that's also why I feel kinda indifferent if they decide to shut the whole thing up. Konami is way over videogames as a serious focus, we're never gonna get complete and polished games from them, but only a gradual and increasing focus on My Club and so on. I really couldn't care less at this point.

Honestly, I can't help but feel a tiny bit of satisfaction after the release of these low sales numbers. The way they are treating their customers, their fans and sites like us is as terrible as it probably could get and needed to backfire. In terms of Evo-Web, we're on their blacklist (meaning no review copies and no invites to PES related events) since we've banned Daniel. Whatever they are going to change has to include more than simply game related mechanics or licences. They are toxic towards anything and anyone that could help pushing the game into the right directions. This whole shitshow needs to stop. Listen to your communities and fanbase, you f*cks.

The less you have the likes of daniel/curd, the more genuine a forum you will have.

If daniel is here spouting free as a bird with support from konami, then you know the fundamental ethos behind konami gaming has changed (more focus on delivering hyped PR/less focus on the game itself).

Listening to the customer, getting feedback and doing something with that feedback is how you build a better game/business.

if pes ends, i'll be sad - they had something so close to being absolute perfection - but if it also means the ends of liars and cheats, so be it.

and if i was in daniel's/curd's position and on the konami payroll, i'd be doing a fantastic job scouting the forums and feeding back to konami to make this franchise bigger than FIFA - of course, konami may not want to listen which is why the likes of daniel/curd exist - konami likes muppets?

everyone sharing negative sales figures. Here is something positive just to balance the equation here. (Japanese Sales figures)

Attachments

• pes sales.png
    pes sales.png
    341.1 KB · Views: 62
1. Sales in England are irrelevant, it's a market on which PES can't compete
2. It's physical sales, people that play myclub buy the digital version to get the bonuses
3. Football video games revenues isn't only based on unit sales anymore...
4. The game was released super early. There are people still on holiday and others that want to try crappy FIFA 19 before making a decision

Personal opinion: This PES will sell more than the previous one and Konami will make lots of money with myclub

Personal opinion : What you smoking?

and if i was in daniel's/curd's position and on the konami payroll, i'd be doing a fantastic job scouting the forums and feeding back to konami to make this franchise bigger than FIFA - of course, konami may not want to listen which is why the likes of daniel/curd exist - konami likes muppets?

The tragic thing about Daniel, curdstar and the such, is that they aren't in their position to listen and report feedback but to convince, defend even the most indifensible choices and patronize dissenting voices. It's an attitude impossible not to hate as a paying customer. I think I've never even interact with Daniel once on his brief presence on this forum, advertising bots feels more genuine than the general tone of his posts.

Those saying UK sales don't matter and everything will be ok because it is selling well in Japan need to remember that this will be a cause of lag in online games. If there is hardly anyone to play in your geographic area then you are going to either struggle to find a game or get paired with someone miles away leading to a disconnected game.

I don't think I have played a game of PES 2019 without the network connection warning showing at the top right and I have fibre broadband.

I've played 40 ML matches now on Professional and in the English Championship (Div 2) and i'm seeing more play down the middle and high crosses into the box. Some matches i don't see any low cross into the near post at all. I also have seen the opposition go through on goal, 1 on 1, and shoot. None of this passing it to a teammate issue that others have experienced.

However, when they do end up doing this, it usually results in a goal. My last 2 matches last night i took the lead in each and both times they scored almost straight away with a low cross to the near post. I've now got a 76 rated goalkeeper and hoped to see more saves as my previous goalkeeper was rated 62. Unfortunately that's not the case. I'm still seeing stats where every shot on target results in a goal. This really is the worst part of the game for me. It doesn't matter who you have in goal it seems. The ai is just too overpowered when shooting on target with the ball at their feet in the box. They do miss, BUT, it's never a case where my goalkeeper is saving shots. Anyone else seeing this problem?
Yeah. I think if they manage to shoot on target it's always a goal.

everyone sharing negative sales figures. Here is something positive just to balance the equation here. (Japanese Sales figures)
When you look at full populations and sales it's 0.2% v 0.4% . Gamers % I suspect would be similar in terms population so sales are pretty weak for me . FIFA 18 sold >70,000 in Japan on PS4 but on the switch it sold almost 120,000

Then you have the lack of midfield, you can just stroll forward with absolutely no pressure.

I had the same issue, but pushing up difficulty level to legendary solved this for me. Maybe that could be a solution, as the CPU is still quite "humanized" in direct comparison to PES2018.

Hello mate. Are you using basic shooting?
I've switched to advanced shooting and finding much more control and freedom over the shots produced, being able to pick which corner, how high and how hard you place the ball is a godsend.

Really enjoying the game so far, obviously isn't perfect but the most enjoyable PES for a number of years for me.
Keen to try that reddit fix for the AI spamming low crosses into the box as I see it alot.

Few goals using purely advanced shooting.

I'm starting to lose my patience with the game now. There are things I love (weight of the players; fouls) but I still can't get past the ridiculous shooting in the box. Every shot is just blasted or if you use R1 you get that really unnatural floaty arc on the shots.
Then you have the lack of midfield, you can just stroll forward with absolutely no pressure.

I want to love this game but the negatives are yet again starting to outweigh the positives.

Reactions: Tom
Yeah. I think if they manage to shoot on target it's always a goal.

The only exception to this is if it's a volley or a tricky first time shot on the ground, then the keeper may make a save. Never had this problem in 2015, 2017 and 2018. I've also noticed them hitting the post quite a bit when they do shoot off target

They end up with around 50 players If I remember correct. Player ID was step in right direction, and it`s konami for god sake, they must s**t on that. It`s present in this years game but not at that degree

They end up with around 50 players If I remember correct. Player ID was step in right direction, and it`s konami for god sake, they must s**t on that. It`s present in this years game but not at that degree

They nailed so many players spot on in PES 2013.
Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Robben, Ronaldo, etc... they had so many lifelike movements specific to them. What a game.
The fake-shot was wonderful too.

I've switched to advanced shooting and finding much more control and freedom over the shots produced, being able to pick which corner, how high and how hard you place the ball is a godsend.

Really enjoying the game so far, obviously isn't perfect but the most enjoyable PES for a number of years for me.
Keen to try that reddit fix for the AI spamming low crosses into the box as I see it alot.

I tried the reddit fix, still played down the wing a lot with low crosses but a few lofted, didnt notice a shot from outside the box. Players still werent running through on goal, turned and passed again. Granted only played about 5-6 games. On superstar

I find Advanced shooting to be really clunky and just do not like it. I know we all discusser at length on WENB about having shot modifiers but we really should have the ability to control the power, height and style of shot in 2019, with ease, on all shooting types i 2019. I mean, the competitor can do it so there's no reason why it shouldn't be do-able.

Good to see you posting again by the way! :TU:

Is anyone having much success with long shots? Along with headers, I'm rarely scoring from long shots. I've played something like 100+ matches now I could probably count on one hand the number of headers and long shots I've scored.

Hardly seen any long shots - even just attempts - from the CPU either, so I'm assuming something is wrong and it's not me, but if anyone is having success, please share.
Anyone seen the possible 'fix' for the AI low cross spam etc.?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/9cd88p/so_ive_fixed_the_low_cross_issue/

From Reddit:

"Defensive settings, change line height to as deep as possible. And put containment area to middle. Low crosses lowered drastically, only being utilised when appropriate. Also a huge increase in long shots and high crosses. Tested over 20 games, very consistent"

Only saw this morning so haven't had a chance to test it myself but really hoping it does address it. Anyone able to try and see if it works?

Tried this, didn't notice a difference. Within first three minutes, the CPU did that thing where they get to the edge of the box but rather take on a defender they do that close control backwards movement then a low cross back into the box.

There might be a tactical setting that helps mitigate this problem but this goes deeper than tactics unfortunately. The CPU simply has flawed attacking code - they prioritize passing over dribbling too highly, they prioritize getting the ball as close to the goal as possible, they do that darn backward movement to low cross move WAY too often, they won't take high risk shots or dribbles, etc. Hell, there is no tactical solution to stop the CPU from not taking on shots when it's 1-on-1 with the keeper.

To be honest, i don´t see anything in these edgy movements which i would miss today.

Best thing about PES2013 was the colour palette. Still looks very authentic.

Back
Top Bottom