PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Don't think that's because of the CL loss at all.
Neither "because of bad gameplay".

No bigs changes in mode, things in less, half-finished product > review are negative, based on the "on construction" game, and all the little things that gives a similar feeling even if the game "on the pitch" is different, like menus, little touchs here and there. Global aesthetics at the first view.

I also think that many things like licences that Fifa have acquired (serie A, la liga, CSL... + ALL they've already have in the game) lost of 2nd division in PES, is something to consider about people who doesn't buy both licences (like some of us), but makes a choice.

I think as a Pes fan like us all the PS1/PS2 era was realistically the first footy games that didn’t feel like an arcade ping pong fest. Obvious mentions to Sensi and Kick off but Pes or ISS before we’re side scrolling football games that actually felt real. Konami stumbled upon this format due to the hybrid versions of ISS64 etc and the extra bit of power a PS1 then PS2 had and only evolved the game marginally but it worked out for the better but fast forward 12 years and we have a games company struggling to compete with its competitor not only financially be also feature set.

Pes this year even though it’s playable and mostly enjoyable is almost mobile game in development. It’s becoming glaringly obvious that unless this ‘3 year plan’ is life changing for ML the game is declining in Europe at least. Sad state of affairs but nobody can put up with the poor commentators, game modes or lack of ML innovation anymore. Why waste time on option files when Fifa has it out of the box?

Us hardcore want that Pes feeling back and I think for the large part it feels better this year but I’m scratching around the game modes trying to justify how I am going to spend a full year playing it when none of my friends have it. Online, maybe division but myclub is just a frustrating mess of super teams (my own included). Totally ridiculous mode.
It should be you start with Castollo,Minanda etc and only earn when you play games and the Chances of Ronaldo etc are nigh on impossible. I had a super team without even playing a game. What is the point in that at all?

Gotta give credit where it's due. Physicality feels very good. I'm thinking more than I'm used to. I'm telling you the last games for many years have ruined us. Also, my players are intercepting much more than in previous games too. They seem very perceptive and put out a leg or their body, instead of staring at the ball while it passes next to them.

Good job.

For the love of God though Konami, please, do something about this one dimensional CPU AI wing-to-near-post-then-multiple-backheels-in-the-box attack. I don't mind it, but not all the time :/

I've played 40 ML matches now on Professional and in the English Championship (Div 2) and i'm seeing more play down the middle and high crosses into the box. Some matches i don't see any low cross into the near post at all. I also have seen the opposition go through on goal, 1 on 1, and shoot. None of this passing it to a teammate issue that others have experienced.

However, when they do end up doing this, it usually results in a goal. My last 2 matches last night i took the lead in each and both times they scored almost straight away with a low cross to the near post. I've now got a 76 rated goalkeeper and hoped to see more saves as my previous goalkeeper was rated 62. Unfortunately that's not the case. I'm still seeing stats where every shot on target results in a goal. This really is the worst part of the game for me. It doesn't matter who you have in goal it seems. The ai is just too overpowered when shooting on target with the ball at their feet in the box. They do miss, BUT, it's never a case where my goalkeeper is saving shots. Anyone else seeing this problem?

It should be you start with Castollo,Minanda etc and only earn when you play games and the Chances of Ronaldo etc are nigh on impossible. I had a super team without even playing a game. What is the point in that at all?

Totally agree with everything specially the bold part...Bring back points instead of currency (maybe not!).
But you know why they have changed the Master League don't you? We now live in a time where no one has to wait for anything......So Konami don't want spoilt Johnny having to spend 100s of hours in ML to get a half decent team... so lets just give it to them now. Starting with a full strength squad wasn't an option when I started it playing it. You had to earn it over a good few seasons.
You could only buy one real decent player every year - would it be a keeper? playmaker? Forward? (Me? Id always try and get Shevchenko then Chilavert (spell check) the Keeper. Solid base.
But now.......You can start with full strength Madrid and €150m budget. Makes the ML pointless.

Casual gamers in particular KIDS love big clubs......Real, Juventus with Ronaldo, full leagues like LALIGA, Premiership etc. Yesterday i play Pes 2019 with my two young boys. I ask them which team they want chose... First dady i want Real and my answer was UPSSS its not yet in Pes i have to patch it, they ask me what it mean, second they want Juventus, ups its not yet in Pes, dady ok i want City or United.........in Old trafford.......Sorry not yet i have to patch it.....Maybe Bayern? Sorry not exist.....ufff ok i want Borussia...sorry.......

There's a huge problem with basic through ball on manual. Defense player switching is locker until first touch. Also, defenders are unable to react, not even with super cancel. You'll meet a lot of players abusing this online. When you see a pass that your defenders cannot move to, or super cancel out of, or player switch from...you are witnessing basic through ball at work. Go online a try to play with it. Can't believe this bug is still there after so many years.

Who care about CL without all teams, stadia and proper online mode? I will say again, again and again. Licenses, licenses and licenses. Seabass said it 10 years ago.

I'm not fussed about loss of Champions League and Europa League either. It was purely cosmetic. Would much rather have D2 teams for more variety and a better ML with promotion and relegation.

Casual gamers in particular KIDS love big clubs......Real, Juventus with Ronaldo, full leagues like LALIGA, Premiership etc. Yesterday i play Pes 2019 with my two young boys. I ask them which team they want chose... First dady i want Real and my answer was UPSSS its not yet in Pes i have to patch it, they ask me what it mean, second they want Juventus, ups its not yet in Pes, dady ok i want City or United.........in Old trafford.......Sorry not yet i have to patch it.....Maybe Bayern? Sorry not exist.....ufff ok i want Borussia...sorry.......

Did your kids tell you to trash the game later? :D

Message sent and Asim is already doing damage control saying that it's just in UK, only physical sales and telling that Eurogamer put a negative spin with a clickbait title (but it isn't). After the review and this article Eurogamer is definitely blacklisted by Konami. :PP

But being only physical sales doesn't explain such huge drop though, considering that we are talking about a 42% here and not a 10-15% that is in line with other games sales decline.

I think as a Pes fan like us all the PS1/PS2 era was realistically the first footy games that didn’t feel like an arcade ping pong fest. Obvious mentions to Sensi and Kick off but Pes or ISS before we’re side scrolling football games that actually felt real. Konami stumbled upon this format due to the hybrid versions of ISS64 etc and the extra bit of power a PS1 then PS2 had and only evolved the game marginally but it worked out for the better but fast forward 12 years and we have a games company struggling to compete with its competitor not only financially be also feature set.

Pes this year even though it’s playable and mostly enjoyable is almost mobile game in development. It’s becoming glaringly obvious that unless this ‘3 year plan’ is life changing for ML the game is declining in Europe at least. Sad state of affairs but nobody can put up with the poor commentators, game modes or lack of ML innovation anymore. Why waste time on option files when Fifa has it out of the box?

Us hardcore want that Pes feeling back and I think for the large part it feels better this year but I’m scratching around the game modes trying to justify how I am going to spend a full year playing it when none of my friends have it. Online, maybe division but myclub is just a frustrating mess of super teams (my own included). Totally ridiculous mode.

THIS 1000%. Just my feeling as well. The "core" of PES is changed, the "feeling" is not the same anymore. Nowadays we have to play the game with one eye closed to try and ignore the blatant errors, like AI, scripting, catchup and all that, the lack of modes, and the frustration the new modes bring, and the other eye really wide open to try and see all the good developments, that is more animations, good pace, upgraded shooting ( and even that is to scripted).

Anyone seen the possible 'fix' for the AI low cross spam etc.?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/9cd88p/so_ive_fixed_the_low_cross_issue/

From Reddit:

"Defensive settings, change line height to as deep as possible. And put containment area to middle. Low crosses lowered drastically, only being utilised when appropriate. Also a huge increase in long shots and high crosses. Tested over 20 games, very consistent"

Only saw this morning so haven't had a chance to test it myself but really hoping it does address it. Anyone able to try and see if it works?

Message sent and Asim is already doing damage control saying that it's just in UK, only physical sales and telling that Eurogamer put a negative spin with a clickbait title (but it isn't). After the review and this article Eurogamer is definitely blacklisted by Konami. :PP

But being only physical sales doesn't explain such huge drop though, considering that we are talking about a 42% here and not a 10-15% that is in line with other games sales decline.

How can anyone spin this news into a positive?

Debuting at No.2 should be a good thing but the estimated number of physical copies sold and the decline from last year's launch emphatically cancels that out.

They have to do something drastic or the game will die.

IMO the market needs two football games.

I don't enjoy seeing PES in this position but they only have themselves to blame.

Personally I think the problem lies in the lack of the main thing that made us fall in love in Pes - unpredictability.
Thats why we played and loved this game at the start. Every match was different, full of random things happening all the time. Passes, shots, first touches - everything felt free.
Now we have PES19, which is TRYING to give us this feeling back. There is a lot of physical fight on the pitch, players bounce of each other, slip and fall. Ball is bouncing around and its trajectories are beautifully random. So whats missing? Why we still have to try really hard to get this PES feeling back?
Well, first of all - developers crippled the freedom making PES more accessible and arcade to please casual players and people who grew up on FIFA.
Second of all - AI is limited to just few patterns, which they rinse repeat all the time. Matches dont feel different, coz after a while you know exactly whats gonna happen next.
This is fixable. But patch has to come fast, before people will get tired and bored of it.
As for freedom on the pitch - the only way to achieve it is to switch to manual, which Im in the middle of. Its a long, tough and frustrating process. And not many people will have patience to stick to it until they start seeing results.

We are all trying very hard to enjoy this game and make it more unpredictable, switching to manual, testing different tactics, shooting, passes, game speed, difficulty... problem is - back in the day we didnt have to do any of that. All we had to do is to switch the TV on..

Finally got the game!

Started a league with Troyes from Domino´s Ligue 2.
That day had time for one game only, so I did my first match on full manual, speed 0, professional, 15 mins and I fuckin´ enjoyed it!
Won 2:0 and scoring felt so rewarding, made me shout!

Zero fouls though, but enjoyed it anyway.

Came back the next day and got slaughtered in the next 3 - 4 matches or so.
AI played a lot more agressive, fouled a lot more, received yellow cards and I had a few FK´s.
I just don´t remember which teams I played against (I don´t know crap about the 2nd french league), that it differed from low agression to high agression.

If it´s like that, I´m fine with it. A match with zero fouls is not really joyful, but if the next matches are different, I can live with it. Guess the maximum fould from the AI I had was around 6 or so.

I´m fine with the AI either (for now at least).
They scored quite nice goals against me.
One was: A wing attacker performs a low cross from the left side, the middle striker opens his legs and let the ball go through his teammate to the right, who passes the ball back via throughball for the middle striker to score.
Looked amazing!

Can´t wait to play more...

btw, game speed feels the same as in the demo for me.

Honestly, I can't help but feel a tiny bit of satisfaction after the release of these low sales numbers. The way they are treating their customers, their fans and sites like us is as terrible as it probably could get and needed to backfire. In terms of Evo-Web, we're on their blacklist (meaning no review copies and no invites to PES related events) since we've banned Daniel. Whatever they are going to change has to include more than simply game related mechanics or licences. They are toxic towards anything and anyone that could help pushing the game into the right directions. This whole shitshow needs to stop. Listen to your communities and fanbase, you f*cks.

Honestly, I can't help but feel a tiny bit of satisfaction after the release of these low sales numbers. The way they are treating their customers, their fans and sites like us is as terrible as it probably could get and needed to backfire. In terms of Evo-Web, we're on their blacklist (meaning no review copies and no invites to PES related events) since we've banned Daniel. Whatever they are going to change has to include more than simply game related mechanics or licences. They are toxic towards anything and anyone that could help pushing the game into the right directions. This whole shitshow needs to stop. Listen to your communities and fanbase, you f*cks.

Indeed.
It's bittersweet actually. On one hand you want the game to grow and improve. On the other hand, it feels like "you know what? if we're shit to you after all these years, after all we've been through while supporting the saga, then I wish you have no choice but to sell the franchise to a better company". But then again... if numbers are bad, they might stop making the game altogether. Having just one football game won't be healthy.

1. Sales in England are irrelevant, it's a market on which PES can't compete
2. It's physical sales, people that play myclub buy the digital version to get the bonuses
3. Football video games revenues isn't only based on unit sales anymore...
4. The game was released super early. There are people still on holiday and others that want to try crappy FIFA 19 before making a decision

Personal opinion: This PES will sell more than the previous one and Konami will make lots of money with myclub

Does anyone else feel the game is A LOT better when you play with anything else besides the top 10 teams?.
If you play with Class B or C kind of teams. Instead of the usual Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Liverpool, etc.

How can anyone, older than 16, get any enjoyment out of THIS?:

DmHn2FIVAAAFgao.jpg

Historically, they have not done that. Konami managed to kill off Team Silent after 3 really successful and highly reviewed games. Then they managed to outsource more Silent Hill games to shoddy developers and eventually kill off the franchise with the amount of bad games they released. They managed to, essentially, kill off Kojima Productions, possibly their most beloved, better reviewed and highest selling studio. Has anyone heard of Castlevania lately?

People think that their disastrous PR, their awful interaction with the community and all these other issues are accidents, they're not. Konami simply can't be bothered at this stage.

Konami are not in the videogames business any longer. They release PES because it's easy and cheap to make and it's somewhat steady in terms of sales. But that's not their primary source of income, it hasn't been for years. And people that are expecting a PES Renaissance are in for a rude awakening when the sales and MT money doesn't satisfy Konami any longer and they put it out to pasture. They are most certainly not going to have a Capcom-like comeback. Their business is really profitable without having to be hostage of the volatile videogames industry. As people that grew up playing their games, we hate it. But their business makes sense.

I'm starting to lose my patience with the game now. There are things I love (weight of the players; fouls) but I still can't get past the ridiculous shooting in the box. Every shot is just blasted or if you use R1 you get that really unnatural floaty arc on the shots.
Then you have the lack of midfield, you can just stroll forward with absolutely no pressure.

I want to love this game but the negatives are yet again starting to outweigh the positives.

Did you ever get any communication to say this, or did they just cut you off with the silent treatment?

Back
Top Bottom