PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

They nailed so many players spot on in PES 2013.
Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Robben, Ronaldo, etc... they had so many lifelike movements specific to them. What a game.
The fake-shot was wonderful too.
you forgot the best ones! Pirlo and his long balls and Balotelli :) yeah, this should be trademark of pes and most important feature

I find Advanced shooting to be really clunky and just do not like it. I know we all discusser at length on WENB about having shot modifiers but we really should have the ability to control the power, height and style of shot in 2019, with ease, on all shooting types i 2019. I mean, the competitor can do it so there's no reason why it shouldn't be do-able.

Good to see you posting again by the way! :TU:

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with gameplay. Absolutely love the physics and feel of shooting, but I hate that each shot seems so much like a dice roll in that I'm never quite sure what's going to happen. I'd like much greater directional and height control with basic shooting.

1. Sales in England are irrelevant, it's a market on which PES can't compete
2. It's physical sales, people that play myclub buy the digital version to get the bonuses
3. Football video games revenues isn't only based on unit sales anymore...
4. The game was released super early. There are people still on holiday and others that want to try crappy FIFA 19 before making a decision

Personal opinion: This PES will sell more than the previous one and Konami will make lots of money with myclub

So you are saying they came up with this genius plan to release the game early, specifically so they could get a head start on FIFA, but they forgot people would still be on their summer holidays? The spirit of Daniel is alive and well.

I think releasing the game early will seriously backfire, I've been watching some of the FIFA streamers and they along with people in the chat are mostly slating the game, I don't think PES is ready for this kind of exposure and it will get found out. The eurogamer review has probably hit them hard as well. Offline is a mess with teams selling their entire squad and a broken AI. The harm to the brand is going to outweigh any potential benefit of releasing early.

I don't want PES to fail but imagining the smug look being wiped off Asim and Daniel's face as they read that eurogamer article does give me a certain satisfaction.

Is anyone having much success with long shots? Along with headers, I'm rarely scoring from long shots. I've played something like 100+ matches now I could probably count on one hand the number of headers and long shots I've scored.
I noticed that I have much more success scoring headers from normal (no :x:+:r2:) near post crosses rather than far post crosses. The player will come to the ball and will be there a step earlier than the defender, while crosses to the far post tend to end in aerial duels with the defender, which in turn makes it hard to even get it onto the target. Scored quite a few short corner goals this way.
Havent figured out long shots though, dont really seem to be effective. Which may be the reason the AI is not doing them because they know its not going to work anyway.

I noticed that I have much more success scoring headers from normal (no :x:+:r2:) near post crosses rather than far post crosses. The player will come to the ball and will be there a step earlier than the defender, while crosses to the far post tend to end in aerial duels with the defender, which in turn makes it hard to even get it onto the target. Scored quite a few short corner goals this way.
Havent figured out long shots though, dont really seem to be effective. Which may be the reason the AI is not doing them because they know its not going to work anyway.

scored from quite a lot of corners when i've aimed mid-height (around about the face) and into the near half of the penalty area, about halfway between penalty spot and 6 yard box. Usually have a player running onto it for a header or volley if it goes a bit lower than planned. Scored about 8 like this in 40 ML games i think.

I use PA0 for this.

Had the game since the weekend.

The ball psychics are good, as are the visuals, menus and commentary are lacklustre once again.

I haven’t touched Master League or anything single player so I can’t speak to the AI. Online Co Op 3 v 3. Mixed bag. No choice to play with randoms, some are horrendous ball hoggers and just all round wasters, some are decent. Maybe it’s my connection but there are times when it feels like I haven’t even got a split second on the ball, the pressing game from the opposition stifles very quickly whilst my player seems very slow reacting to a pass or turning. It can be frustrating.

Overall I’m not overjoyed with it so far, it’s better than last year but I wasn’t a big fan of 18.

Advanced shooting is the best of a bad bunch in this game, the shooting is just wrong fundamentally in my opinion...

In real life when you strike a football, usually you hit it sweetly and it goes pretty close to where you intended, or it will be scuffed/sliced/skied to some extent with a very different trajectory/power/spin to when you get that perfect contact (sometimes for the better).

In PES, the "shot error" has pretty much no effect on these factors - you'll see the exact same type of shots with the same power/spin, only it'll end up aimed slightly differently somewhere in or around the aiming circle.

This is a Rotherham striker on his wrong foot, sprinting 45 degrees away from goal;
PalatableClosedFantail-max-14mb.gif

Even from this awkward situation, just aiming a low shot down the middle with full power makes it impossible to shoot off target. You can try these sorts of things for ages in training mode, and even poor players on their wrong foot will absolutely thundercunt it on target without fail.

Try these sorts of shots with Gary Neville's wrong foot in PES5/6 and you'll see the ball end up all over the place...

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with gameplay. Absolutely love the physics and feel of shooting, but I hate that each shot seems so much like a dice roll in that I'm never quite sure what's going to happen. I'd like much greater directional and height control with basic shooting.

I've been messing around a bit with shooting but need to go into training to properly test. I think body shape and ball position are really important.

I hit a few shots yesterday whilst the ball was a little under my feet and they were more dipping kind of shots. When I've been on the run and ball further away, running onto it, shots have been more powerful and direct.

I think it might just take time to get a feel for balance, shape, pressure etc. There will always be some randomness (it's konami) but I'm not convinced it's totally random.

Had the game since the weekend.

The ball psychics are good, as are the visuals, menus and commentary are lacklustre once again.

I haven’t touched Master League or anything single player so I can’t speak to the AI. Online Co Op 3 v 3. Mixed bag. No choice to play with randoms, some are horrendous ball hoggers and just all round wasters, some are decent. Maybe it’s my connection but there are times when it feels like I haven’t even got a split second on the ball, the pressing game from the opposition stifles very quickly whilst my player seems very slow reacting to a pass or turning. It can be frustrating.

Overall I’m not overjoyed with it so far, it’s better than last year but I wasn’t a big fan of 18.
The visual in some Licensed stadiums are really good and much better than last year, cant say that on all the stadiums though

On manual shooting, a 60-rated finisher can score consistently inside the box if your good at aiming.
On basic, he'll probably
Advanced shooting is the best of a bad bunch in this game, the shooting is just wrong fundamentally in my opinion...

In real life when you strike a football, usually you hit it sweetly and it goes pretty close to where you intended, or it will be scuffed/sliced/skied to some extent with a very different trajectory/power/spin to when you get that perfect contact (sometimes for the better).

In PES, the "shot error" has pretty much no effect on these factors - you'll see the exact same type of shots with the same power/spin, only it'll end up aimed slightly differently somewhere in or around the aiming circle.

This is a Rotherham striker on his wrong foot, sprinting 45 degrees away from goal;
PalatableClosedFantail-max-14mb.gif

Even from this awkward situation, just aiming a low shot down the middle with full power makes it impossible to shoot off target. You can try these sorts of things for ages in training mode, and even poor players on their wrong foot will absolutely thundercunt it on target without fail.

Try these sorts of shots with Gary Neville's wrong foot in PES5/6 and you'll see the ball end up all over the place...

What is wrong with that situation? I see a pro player, playing for feyernood in the first league in the Nederlands. He is running without any defence witg the ball and hit it with power, not with precision. Show me a video when he kick the ball in the right top corner.

Dont get me wrong, but every pro player in this league should be able to do this.

Its the same like yesterday someone said he score a goal in the box with a defender 60 finishing rated. Its nothing special when this defender have free space, no one around him. Even Gary Neville would score in such situations...

Edit.

Sorry its Rorherham utd, but it doesnt change my opionen. Skybet player sould also can do this

Last edited:
Does anyone knows which version of pes2019 has japanese commentary (except winning eleven),
and can I buy it on ps store. I dont play online, so that is not a problem.

What is wrong with that situation? I see a pro player, playing for feyernood in the first league in the Nederlands. He is running without any defence witg the ball and hit it with power, not with precision. Show me a video when he kick the ball in the right top corner.

Dont get me wrong, but every pro player in this league should be able to do this.

Its the same like yesterday someone said he score a goal in the box with a defender 60 finishing rated. Its nothing special when this defender have free space, no one around him. Even Gary Neville would score in such situations...

Edit.

Sorry its Rorherham utd, but it doesnt change my opionen. Skybet player sould also can do this

The problem is that the way that Konami is applying error isn't right. Players shooting with their weak foot - either foot really - should be scuffing shots and making poorer connections more often.

Here's a good example. I'm playing with Liverpool and I can tell the difference when using Salah's weak foot - with his left he's lethal but much less so with his right. That's fine but the problem is that his right footed shots still look as if he's always making great connection, they're just always blocked or just slightly wide. In reality, Salah isn't going to connect with the ball as well with his weaker foot like he does in the game.

I'm just comparing the "stat effect" difference on manual and basic.
I didn't say it should be that way or not.

I've been messing around a bit with shooting but need to go into training to properly test. I think body shape and ball position are really important.

I hit a few shots yesterday whilst the ball was a little under my feet and they were more dipping kind of shots. When I've been on the run and ball further away, running onto it, shots have been more powerful and direct.

I think it might just take time to get a feel for balance, shape, pressure etc. There will always be some randomness (it's konami) but I'm not convinced it's totally random.

I'm just frustrated because I'll aim far post and sometimes the shots will go near post for some reason. Sometimes I'll attempt for a low shot but it'll go high.

And often times these will end up with goals, almost as if the game opted for the type of shot with higher probability for success, even if that's not what I intended. I also notice this is happening with passes going to a different player than a selected.

The result is that I'm rewarded - or penalized - for something I didn't intend. And I know it's not my aim because I don't have issues with this in the other game.

Tried this, didn't notice a difference.
No. Me neither. I have tried everything. Wing back tactics, deep defensive line, manually deep defensive line, LB's swap to CB's, all sorts of crazy shit. AI still goes for low wing cross whenever it can. Its definetely a bug.
And Im calling it a bug, because it limits AI. With such a set up it will be few weeks before people are sick of this game.
The only "weapon" i found against it is Swarm The Box and jockey the guy who is trying to cross in. It wont prevent it, but Im not loosing many goals from it. My jockey-guy blocks it quite often and if he misses, swarm in the box has a chance to clear it.

No. Me neither. I have tried everything. Wing back tactics, deep defensive line, manually deep defensive line, LB's swap to CB's, all sorts of crazy shit. AI still goes for low wing cross whenever it can. Its definetely a bug.
And Im calling it a bug, because it limits AI. With such a set up it will be few weeks before people are sick of this game.
The only "weapon" i found against it is Swarm The Box and jockey the guy who is trying to cross in. It wont prevent it, but Im not loosing many goals from it. My jockey-guy blocks it quite often and if he misses, swarm in the box has a chance to clear it.
Oh, its a glaring bug. Without a fix, this game will be binned off by many in no time as you say. I played it again today to try that reddit idea, and no change. Back on the shelf

I'm just comparing the "stat effect" difference on manual and basic.
I didn't say it should be that way or not.

Ok, i misunderstood it i think. However on manual or baeic or advanced its possible for every pro player to score inside the box without get under pressure. And what i understand of this finishing stat is that a player is able to score in a situation of a striker when he goes one on one or getting under pressure while he's try to score. I dont think this stat means he is able to score in the box when nobody is around him. Its a specific striker stat and it concern to situation a striker has to struggle with.

Oh, its a glaring bug. Without a fix, this game will be binned off by many in no time as you say. I played it again today to try that reddit idea, and no change. Back on the shelf
Another bug that is getting on my nerves more and more is that referee never gives penalties. I know we didnt have penalties (or fouls for that matter) in pes18, but now outside penalty area its fixed. But once you put one foot inside penalty box they can go full MMA on you and nothing!
I dont have any clips, coz usually im too annoyed to record it, but I had good few situations, where, believe me, my player was definetely fouled and ref never gave it.
Did anybody had any penalties against AI?

Ive hammered on about the stuck on line goalies for ages

For me the issue with shooting is the way the shot power and trajectory does not match the animation, when doing a header it feels like it just hits their head rather than the player moving towards the ball, just feels off, when scroring the girl is a downer you know somethings not right

Another bug that is getting on my nerves more and more is that referee never gives penalties. I know we didnt have penalties (or fouls for that matter) in pes18, but now outside penalty area its fixed. But once you put one foot inside penalty box they can go full MMA on you and nothing!
I dont have any clips, coz usually im too annoyed to record it, but I had good few situations, where, believe me, my player was definetely fouled and ref never gave it.
Did anybody had any penalties against AI?
I had 2 so far in the final. :)
Pretty happy with that. Seems kinda fixed.

Good! So they are possible! Thanks PRO!
2 is not bad at all. i had 2 for the whole PES18 campaign..
yeah. for what i played in 2019 from release day till now (20 min matches, prof, fuma) i'm quiet happy.
had only 1 pen in 2018 (4 weeks prior to 2019 release! :D )!

you should see my foul and pass completion stats (from AI opponent that is)! :D had a match with 14 fouls! 2 yellow/red! and i have proof in form of screener!

i repeat myself (for now) knowing the flaws: this game CAN shine!!! :RSCARF:

edit: i'm not playing exhibition matches anymore! for a quick match i choose VERSUS MODE!
currently i'm playing REGULAR LEAGUE MODE with Fulham (wich IS a challenge). these 2 modes (maybe ML too) differ from the exhibition gameplay, imo!

Last edited:
Had some great fun with the game today in online divisions. Scored these two beauties to get me back in it after going 2 nil down in a crazy first half.

The first is a sweet volley at the far post by Silva and the second is a bit of Spanish tiki taka magic and great finish by Iniesta. Unfortunately the guy didn't let me watch the replays.

Absolutely love the game when it's like this.

https://youtu.be/nLVFgZVs7uc

https://youtu.be/io-5bBwhY-U

Its a disgusting practice that they use the people who buy the game to do and QA testing on this, cant believe the same company got so much right 10+ years ago without the same level of instantaneous feedback have put of such a horrible product like this.

Blocking people on social channels upset that their money has been wasted buying this is not the answer, people clinging on and employing their friends without the correct skills is not the answer.

They need to get people in on alpha/beta testing and I am not talking about preferred users who are just happy to be there but people will give polite, honest, tactical assessments of the game, they shouldn't have to though as it should be obvious to them what is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom