PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

@Lami you play full Manual right mate? or those (anyone) that play manual (either pass or shoot .. doesn't matter) ....
@Elanimator @Isslander @Dom ... @Antoine

open to anyone these questions really:

1. What difficulty you're on at the moment?
    Slightly similar question as above; What difficulty you think is the most realistic?
I might be on Amateur difficulty (Q1), but I may find Professional being the most realistic (Q2).

Are the above questions making sense? :?
Or am I confused with myself ... :THINK::THINK::THINK:
I switched from manual shooting to advanced, and manual passing to basic for the moment. I played Pro difficulty as I think it's realistic and balanced enough for me.

What's the competitor's control scheme for this? And is it stat/context dependent?
If you power up your shot and then press shoot again it keeps the shot low. It is also a lot more responsive, even on basic, to your choice of shot direction.

The competitor just has so many options of control over shooting and passing, Konami should take some inspiration from it.

If you power up your shot and then press shoot again it keeps the shot low. It is also a lot more responsive, even on basic, to your choice of shot direction.

The competitor just has so many options of control over shooting and passing, Konami should take some inspiration from it.

Good to see you posting on here Nikolas.

Yeah like I said on WENB I'm still waiting for a good reason for why they removed the triangle low shot modifier.

Fifa innovates almost every year instead of removing features. I see they have added another new shot this year with the 'timed shot'.

There is a mini fix for low crossing. Try it.

Set the team you are playing against to Long ball
Set the attacking to centering targets
Find out who the sidemen are and give them both pinpoint crossing and early cross attributes in both playing attributes and COM
If possible not not always essential set the striker to Target man and give him heading trait.

I found that it worked more often than not and low crossing was limited. I was trying it with mid table English and italian sides. If you use possession and short passing they will constantly attempt to walk it into the box and play low crosses.

Im continuing to test.

This is on professional.
then every team will play long ball, still not realistic if you set barcelona and man city playing long ball as their attacking style
each team(especially some big teams) should has its style that you need to respect

Where to start on this train wreck...

Firstly, I know this is the first time I've posted in years and I know some of you may remember me from the patches I used to make for the PC PES games. I shifted to the FIFA camp back around PES14 and then came back to PES17. I was happy with PES2017 and (minus the constant back heels), pretty much ok with PES2018.

This year, I can't grasp why they've made the changes they have to PES2019. I enjoyed the demo to a degree but there's only so much you get out of beta code across 5 minute games.

I wasn't exactly in love with the final release but the update which came out yesterday has ruined the game for me to the point where I'm considering going back to FIFA again. Here's why:

- Player switching is ridiculous both offensively and defensively. Most of the time the next player switch makes zero sense even to a 6 year old playing the game.
- Why does every other offensive pass where you're not facing 100% towards your target have to be these ridiculous little heel flicks or backheels?
- You use to be able to control when your GK would come out, now they just charge out randomly and with all the space and time in the world, slide on their backside to clear the ball.
- Even the biggest strong players nearly fall over at the slightest touch.
- Half of the passes with close pressure result in your player losing their balance even if no contact is made.
- Picky I know but what happened to the weather. Now rain is barely visible at all and they've removed most of the pitch effects and snow you can't see unless in replays and has no effect on play because you're players slip on their backside constantly even in August with the sun out.
- The soundtrack is one of the worst to ever appear in any soccer game. Gone are the edgy indie tracks and now it's music they give away for free in coffee shops that annoys you so much you just want to drink up and leave.
- First time shooting is random. Sometimes, even when the ball is on the ground, your player will take a first touch, pause, wait until a defender gets in front of him, then hit the shot into the defender.

I'll keep monitoring the forum to see if any further patch makes this game better but as of now, I won't be playing this game again. I'm loathe to download the FIFA demo but at the moment, reinstalling WE9LE on the PC seems the best option.

Does anybody here plays myClub?

It should be a major mode in the game. Like fut is in fifa.

ps. I just realize that it is my first post here. So, hello to everyone.
Konami has shut down PesFan. I hope people will gather here now, with all that what should be said about PES, good and bad :)

Last edited:
i play both offline and online equally. But man, Online is just horrible to play against other users. 90% i get paired against PSG and last night i lost 4-0 to a stupid guy who constantly abusing back heels. 3 back heel passes just outside of my box and a stupid lob to neymar which my defenders did not even bother to track and its a goal. I was playing Spain and i was trying to build from the back. But all these guys do is hit a through ball to neymar or mbappe and its a goal. The game is beautiful to play sometimes but those moments are rare. I wish we could use all the stadiums in master league atleast. It gets boring to play same matches in same few stadiums again and again.

So what I mean is, can he compress the shot low, even if his body angle is off, or timing is off? Or if stat-wise, he's not equipped with such finess. Like, hitting a volley right after the bounce, on the way up, compressing it to be a low shot...that kinda thing. Coz I remember seeing such a clip in E3 years back where they showed it, always wondered if it had realistic constraints....

Or is it whenever you use that button combo, the shot gets hit cleanly?

then every team will play long ball, still not realistic if you set barcelona and man city playing long ball as their attacking style
each team(especially some big teams) should has its style that you need to respect

I think he means every team you set differently according to its playing style then when AI plays it, it will use that particular playing style.

So what I mean is, can he compress the shot low, even if his body angle is off, or timing is off? Or if stat-wise, he's not equipped with such finess. Like, hitting a volley right after the bounce, on the way up, compressing it to be a low shot...that kinda thing. Coz I remember seeing such a clip in E3 years back where they showed it, always wondered if it had realistic constraints....

Or is it whenever you use that button combo, the shot gets hit cleanly?
No, body angle/timing etc comes into play. It just means you can completely control your intentions for the shot. It may not play out as you wish but you have the ability to control what you want to happen.

I started to believe that the ai issue will not be solved this year. After the day one patch and the patch just came out, they still didn't try to improve anything regard to the ai issue
I am sure konami aware the issue because they are just so easy to notice and many people here address them on twitter with videos
such simple and broken things, they should be easily solved right?
No, just remember 2016, ai could only shoot low shot to bottom corner, that was such a broken thing and should also be easily solved and they knew the issue too
but they just couldn't solve, maybe when they built up the game there were something that just couldn't change
they can only solve issue when the next year build come
same situation will apply to this year game, I think there were something wrong during the build up of 2019 that couldn't fix once the game is finished
futhermore, the ai issue is just affecting the offline heavily but not the online
Online is about human against human, who cares if ai won't shoot from range, won't dribble, turn around to pass but not shoot?
maybe the goalkeeper could also affect online but human player could call them out of the line by pressing triangle, its not that game breaking as against ai offline
that could be also a reason why konami not even bother to fix.
If the ai issue is also a game breaking thing in online, I am sure they will be fixed

I think he means every team you set differently according to its playing style then when AI plays it, it will use that particular playing style.
I know but he just meant setting long ball as attacking style for ai teams is the method wasn't it?
setting long ball will just let AI play long ball as attacking style, its not fun and realistic to play against barcelona and man city if they were changed to play long ball
You could set some teams to play long ball that are fit and surely it will have less low pass
but you won't set every team long ball because you need realism in the game, teams like barcelona and man city you just won't set long ball for them

I started to believe that the ai issue will not be solved this year. After the day one patch and the patch just came out, they still didn't try to improve anything regard to the ai issue
I am sure konami aware the issue because they are just so easy to notice and many people here address them on twitter with videos
such simple and broken things, they should be easily solved right?
No, just remember 2016, ai could only shoot low shot to bottom corner, that was such a broken thing and should also be easily solved and they knew the issue too
but they just couldn't solve, maybe when they built up the game there were something that just couldn't change
they can only solve issue when the next year build come
same situation will apply to this year game, I think there were something wrong during the build up of 2019 that couldn't fix once the game is finished
futhermore, the ai issue is just affecting the offline heavily but not the online
Online is about human against human, who cares if ai won't shoot from range, won't dribble, turn around to pass but not shoot?
maybe the goalkeeper could also affect online but human player could call them out of the line by pressing triangle, its not that game breaking as against ai offline
that could be also a reason why konami not even bother to fix.
If the ai issue is also a game breaking thing in online, I am sure they will be fixed

I agree with you on this. 2016 had worse issues that were never fixed, so really can't see 2019 being fixed either.

Such a shame. They've nailed the gameplay, now they can focus on offline, ai and improving existing modes, adding a stadium editor?

It's obvious where their focus is and that's online, they've clearly worked on defensive A.i and positioning because it's much better this year. This is an area that affects online matches and why it's been improved. They won't bother addressing the CPU attacking patterns because it has no impact in MyClub, divisions etc.

We're more than likely stuck with these patterns for the year. They have no history of fixing stuff like this do they.

PES 15 had CPU refusing to cross- Not fixed
PES 16 had the low shot in the corner- Not fixed
PES 18 had the chipped through ball spam- Not fixed

Every year there's an issue and it stays that way for the duration. Don't get any hopes up guys.

@Lami you play full Manual right mate? or those (anyone) that play manual (either pass or shoot .. doesn't matter) ....
@Elanimator @Isslander @Dom ... @Antoine

open to anyone these questions really:

1. What difficulty you're on at the moment?
    Slightly similar question as above; What difficulty you think is the most realistic?
I might be on Amateur difficulty (Q1), but I may find Professional being the most realistic (Q2).

Are the above questions making sense? :?
Or am I confused with myself ... :THINK::THINK::THINK:
Fuma in professional with 20 min matches! My fav combination. Tough enough for me and the CPU don’t go too crazy, imo.

It's obvious where their focus is and that's online, they've clearly worked on defensive A.i and positioning because it's much better this year. This is an area that affects online matches and why it's been improved. They won't bother addressing the CPU attacking patterns because it has no impact in MyClub, divisions etc.

We're more than likely stuck with these patterns for the year. They have no history of fixing stuff like this do they.

PES 15 had CPU refusing to cross- Not fixed
PES 16 had the low shot in the corner- Not fixed
PES 18 had the chipped through ball spam- Not fixed

Every year there's an issue and it stays that way for the duration. Don't get any hopes up guys.

Been saying this since the demo, there's no past evidence anything will ever be fixed, it's a case of fire the game out and forget about it as far as offline is concerned.

Bit OT perhaps but the first and third goal in this match would be hated if they were done in PES. Defrel being left- footed scores a fantastic goal with his right and Quagliarella perform a Zlatan- esque backheel in the air that gets ridiculously powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sb0MS_LGSM&feature=youtu.be&t=21

It's not that bad, at least it looks like if he were to hit that shot again, it won't take that same trajectory. Some stuff in PES is just too repetitive, but like someone else said before, I appreciate the randomness they're beginning to introduce this year. Hope it becomes a focus, makes for more organic games

..I know nothing about this game. How lucrative is it, compared to say, selling myclub coins to customers?

The PES equivalent would be just to get the FIFpro license for players, which don´t seem to be quite expensive. Every second mobile manager game has them as well.

Fuma in professional with 20 min matches! My fav combination. Tough enough for me and the CPU don’t go too crazy, imo.
After some time top player was my choice becouse it becomes easier but for sure on pro AI plays more varied football. On top player 15 min games, there are real classics, how game turns around, chances, mistakes... it`s awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom