PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I haven't got a Pro but I've heard a few people on here mention it being loud while playing PES. Just played it on my housemates Pro and there's got to be something wrong. It sounds like an aircraft taxiing to the runway :LOL:

Regarding the wing thing, I've been using the wing backs advanced defending tactic and it seems to have helped a lot with CPU AI varying it up as the option to play out there had been limited. Need to test more though

I've been using marking for the first time and that seems to help too. My fullbacks mark the wingers/wide mfs and my the 2 of my 3 mf mark their fullbacks. Seems to bring the cpu inside a bit more.

I may be looking like that overly positive guy, but I have no complaints of how the game is going for me right now. Is there a setting change perhaps that I'm using? My defending style? I'm not sure.

Here is another fantastic match, to me. Just played it this morning, so wasn't quite awake yet, but it definitely woke me up with needing to focus defensively. Enjoy :)

(once processed)

Also, here are my settings:

ky9ny0.png

Speed and difficulty level, Matt10?

Edit: wing back strategy helps, im using it myself. But the simplest and most effective method is just to block them. Stand on their way and jockey so they cant go or pass to the wing. They will glitch a little bit (like they were furious or something) and then most of the time look for alternatives.

Last edited:

Edit: wing back strategy helps, im using it myself. But the simplest and most effective method is just to block them. Stand on their way and jockey so they cant go or pass to the wing. They will glitch a little bit (like they were furious or something) and then most of the time look for alternatives.
Top player 20 mins, 0 speed

So this year there is a great news about tactic for ai
It is that you can assign advanced tactics to teams in edit mode and the ai will exactly use those advanced tactics!
I just assign tikitaka,attacking fullback and gegenpress for man city in edit mode and then play exhibition with my edit save
the ai exactly play with those advanced instructions
I think this year we could have a really good game, still the ai attack problem need to be solved first.

What about ml?

The game is a joy on manual - but i can't shoot/cross and manual headers are impossible. Think manuel passing with basic shooting is best, the CPU plays less ping pong this way as well and the game just feels slower.

I'm decent with headers, i usually win 50 per cent of the aerial challenges, but the timing and the direction is also difficult. I'm hitting alot of bullet headers onto post/bar or straight at the keeper, there's a real skill to it. Super cancel is the key and getting in front of your man, or pressing R1 to run onto the ball. R2 crosses with well timed headers are also a good tactic.

I think L2 is a shielding button as i tend to keep the ball held up longer with this, while r2 and some feints can really throw defenders off.

What i'm struggling with is the A.I needs tweaking, as in it's just not the low cross which is an issue but my biggest gripe is that they don't use the individuality of the players, or try to run with the ball. This should surely be addressed, so it leads to less tackles in the midfield.

I haven't seen the "pass the ball back" when through issue, the A.I on top player has finished everything and even scored long rangers against me.

I love the pace of the game and when there's a midfield battle the game is so absorbing, the defensive AI is brilliant, shooting/heading/passing - best i've ever seen in a game, the depth to dribbling is fantastic, the individuality, animations there is so much on the pitch that the game does well, tactical set-up of a.i in game changing defensive/attacking levels is perfect this year, adapting to your tactics and making each game a tactical battle.

On the pitch if they sort these issues this is the best football game ever (gameplay)
Keeper coming out
AI low crosses
AI lack of running on the ball/ping pong

Those three are the key, fix that and then i'm happy and so will most other people with the game be offline (on the pitch)

Of course ML/BAL and the presentation are all abysmal along with the sound, lack of stadiums - but if they work on the AI and at least put some effort into the above next year, i'll stay a PES fan.

I haven't got a Pro but I've heard a few people on here mention it being loud while playing PES. Just played it on my housemates Pro and there's got to be something wrong. It sounds like an aircraft taxiing to the runway :LOL:
I'm on an original model PS4 and mine gets really loud too.

wingback tactic and -1 defensive awarness is the cure for ai obsession I wrote that earlier and also blocking passing lines but even with that first choice for ai are wings. after some time they will try to search for alternatives, but it depends also on the team, played against roma and they had wide attacking preset but they have bombarded Dzeko with high balls and he scored 2 goals from around 15 meters.
btw guys which is your favourite team to play with? :) I mostly enjoy playing with Lyon, they are very good and varied team, Fekir and Depay rrally stand out! But the most stable and discipline team I used was Atletico, they simply are best defending team! when you see them how they are positioning, how compact they are it's just wow! I think scoring against them is almost impossible. what are yours favorite teams and why? :)

I'm on an original model PS4 and mine gets really loud too.
Im on ps4 Slim and its ok. I play mostly late evenings, when daughter and wife go to sleep so if it was loud id defo noticed it.

As for pitch being awful (previous posts) - havent noticed that either. My stadiums are not washed out at all and look good. I have contrast at 50 and brightness at 30. But I think it varies from TV to TV.

what are yours favorite teams and why? :)
Last year I played with Parma. Really enjoyed it. Did 6 seasons in ML.
This year it was supposed to be Real Mallorca, but D2 was removed. I like teams which used to be big but they are not anymore and Im trying to bring them up to glory.
Atletico is savage team to play. My main team from last years online divisions. But for ML they are too big for my liking. I dont like to play with big clubs.
So this year I got a bit of a dilemma.
Monaco was fantastic to play with in the demo, but french league doesnt appeal to me for some reason.
Might go with Lazio or Fiorentina, coz I dont want to spend another PES with Parma...:D

I may be looking like that overly positive guy, but I have no complaints of how the game is going for me right now. Is there a setting change perhaps that I'm using? My defending style? I'm not sure.

Here is another fantastic match, to me. Just played it this morning, so wasn't quite awake yet, but it definitely woke me up with needing to focus defensively. Enjoy :)

(once processed)

Also, here are my settings:

ky9ny0.png
Hi bro.. Is this in master league?

After some of my previous ranting I would like to mention some stuff I actually like:
-Passes and shots on manual feel varied
-the ridiculously long but still realistic wind up animations for certain shots and clearances look great
-Individual traits are more apparent, although speedy players and large ones are the most prominent
-heel passes have been toned down considerably, although they are sometimes the penultimate nail in the AIs low cross strategy
-Nets are a thing of beauty, as is most of the game to be honest
-More fouls

Can't believe I'm returning this right after I got to grips with Advanced Shooting for the first time ever :LOL:

Damn I thought you were really enjoying it this year!
I was reading your posts from today a moment ago and I don't know what to make of this game.
In the demo, I've had situations and seen things during the first 3 or 4 matches that I haven't seen before and I haven't seen again since. Like awesome stuff. Animations, reactions, etc. They literally happened one time only. And only in the demo. I've been trying to recapture that lightning in the bottle ever since.

Reading people like Matt and Bryan really gives me hope because we usually share the same taste and opinions on football games. But then, I usually also tend to agree with Chris and you, Lami. So I guess this is exactly my situation: I'm 50% enjoying it And 50% disenjoying it.

Yesterday I started a Master League with Independiente and it surprised me to see how heavy every touch felt. How slow everything was. Lot of bad first touches. As minutes go by, you can really notice how players are getting tired and missing passes and stuff. So I liked that. Because that's what made Master League beautiful. Getting players that will freshen up your team. Those players that feel 'special' because the rest are just a bunch of one legged monsters. And then, when (and if) you decide to go manage another club, a better one, you should instantly also feel the difference. That's the beauty of it. And I wasn't getting that in PES 2018 because, for me, every player felt the same. Every player had the same first touch, same speed, etc.

But on the other side, yeah... I'm noticing flanks exploit. The laser guided perfect first time passes by the AI even with teams that are even worse than my Independiente (recorded a few videos actually, to send to Adam and OfficialPES not that it will make ANY difference at all). The unwillingness from the AI to score sometimes, when they are THERE. I can't overlook these things while playing, otherwise I'd be trying to fool myself and I'm too old for that.

I don't know, I guess it's their way to force us to try and play MyClub? Seems everybody is playing that these days?.

Mines not loud, it can get loud if it's cooped up in a tv unit with no way to expel the warm air. I pull mine out to the floor where it has plenty of room to keep cool, plus I dust and clean it once a week.

As for the game, loving it, what is all the bollocks about the AI only doing low crosses from the flank? In the games I've played they have been pretty varied in their attack, good stuff indeed.

Last year I played with Parma. Really enjoyed it. Did 6 seasons in ML.
This year it was supposed to be Real Mallorca, but D2 was removed. I like teams which used to be big but they are not anymore and Im trying to bring them up to glory.
Atletico is savage team to play. My main team from last years online divisions. But for ML they are too big for my liking. I dont like to play with big clubs.
So this year I got a bit of a dilemma.
Monaco was fantastic to play with in the demo, but french league doesnt appeal to me for some reason.
Might go with Lazio or Fiorentina, coz I dont want to spend another PES with Parma...:D
Lazio were really satisfying to play with, started season with them just to test stamina, really interesting becouse of the tactic they use and every match in Serie A was different. I think that if we ever get global editor for pes 2019 would be awesome to lower some stats for all players so for example team with 5 stars they will become with 4 stars. Many teams actually are overrated, while playing with lower rated team you start to see the beauty of this game :)

Those players that feel 'special' because the rest are just a bunch of one legged monsters. And then, when (and if) you decide to go manage another club, a better one, you should instantly also feel the difference. That's the beauty of it. And I wasn't getting that in PES 2018 because, for me, every player felt the same. Every player had the same first touch, same speed, etc.

This is a major point for me to get PES 19. So catch up bug etc is gone?

I've just played roma and they were a bit more varied , still no shots from outside the area. They crossed high a few times to Dzeko which is about right. Still did the low cross quite a bit and the low cross dummy through legs or little flick to next striker but didn't score. Also went through one on one with GK and shot low. Keeper saved it.

My cousin managed to score this manual chip against me. Thanks to my impatient defense, that is punished by a simple 1-2 pass. After that, I tried to defend the center(instead of Messi) since it's supposed to be difficult to score on that angle.

One thing I noticed, the shot power bar didn't show-up on the pitch and power-up on the name tag.
ezgif.com-optimize_2.gif

Shouldn't containment area set to wide,marking,high pressure make the CPU play central Vs you ?
Setting your tactics to defend deep is always the worst alternative.
Some of the posts in here (none mentioned) seems to be by people who never played Pes before?
Or am I just being an a-hole for pointing that out.

I haven't played the game yet so I'm winging it.
But the CPU always reacts to how you set up your team,right?

This is a major point for me to get PES 19. So catch up bug etc is gone?

I'd say "yes, partially".
In a straight line, the faster runner will run faster. Something that didn't happen in PES 2018. BUT... if the faster runner is already in possession of the ball, and starts changing direction (even in a straight/diagonal line), he'll be caught up by someone slower. They did that to balance it up. I uploaded a video of that in the demo. Look it up in the Demo thread, search for something like "catch up gone".

Ahhh what tha hell...
Here it is. At 0.20.

I couldn't help myself.

Ahhh what tha hell...
Here it is. At 0.20.

I couldn't help myself.
There's almost a feeling(it's actually happening) that your player is slowing down and defenders speeding up each time you press sprint(or player pushed the ball forward).
Look at the moment before the defender got close to him. Each time Neymar pushed the ball forward, he slowed down and defender sped up.

Shouldn't containment area set to wide,marking,high pressure make the CPU play central Vs you ?
Setting your tactics to defend deep is always the worst alternative.
Some of the posts in here (none mentioned) seems to be by people who never played Pes before?
Or am I just being an a-hole for pointing that out.

I've been starting to wonder whether konami have had another translation issue where they mean the opposite of what they've written. Containment area - Middle, implies that you want to contain them in the middle surely? When you look at the description of both options (wide, middle) it could be construed slightly differently. I can't remember the exact wording. Can someone test both to try and get some concrete evidence. (I have to go to work or I'd be doing it right now!)

When I do this the AI will just make the usual, seemingly effortless lofted pass to the wing player that is almost impossible to stop (except agianst bad teams that misplace such passes sometimes)...

I've been starting to wonder whether konami have had another translation issue where they mean the opposite of what they've written. Containment area - Middle, implies that you want to contain them in the middle surely? When you look at the description of both options (wide, middle) it could be construed slightly differently. I can't remember the exact wording. Can someone test both to try and get some concrete evidence. (I have to go to work or I'd be doing it right now!)

Yep the containment middle imply that you block the wing in order to force the cpu to play toward the center and you or your teammates to intercept the ball toward the center of the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom