PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

One thing about manual headers. I think its not broken, i still cant handle it every time, but more than first day of demo. Instead i think it depend on players stats which cross and the one who hits it. Furthermore i have noted that if you get space with super cancel and get away from defenders its way easier. I think its a learning thing and not a bug. I saw and read many things about scoring headers on manual, therefore for me its not a bug.

Same here, about the option to switch of fakes leagues on ML.
Don't understand at all why they've removed this. 76 fucking teams to edit before starting an ML instead of 23... If you don't want fakes weird looking and naming players, and every one of them with "60" untouched stats in body control.

Nah. I'm returning it. I've played enough to know I'm not going to enjoy this. Myclub don't care about. ML untouched. Gameplay nothing new, and this constant down the wing business is too much. The whole gameplay to me feels predetermined, especially keepers. It still doesn't feel like the spontaneous stuff that made me love PES in the first place. I can't do this having the game collect dust. I'd rather have my money back and use it on something else I'll enjoy (DQXI in 3 days :D).

Enjoy your game everyone.

My problem is that I don’t play my club, be a legend and master league is broke.
I’m just playing friendlies.......I can do that on the demo.
Konami need to tweak the AI and fix Master League Asap.

I would suggest making some kind of joined statement to send to Konami because of the AI behaviour issue.
Im with you on that. Just get someone who can write mature feedback in professional and respectful manner and we can all sign or something. And send it to everyone on twitter or through email.
Its worth doing, coz the game is inches away from being perfect!
Id even forgave the D2's removal..
I cant write this statement myself. Apparently, my emails are too aggressive...thats what they tell me at work anyways...:D

Im with you on that. Just get someone who can write mature feedback in professional and respectful manner and we can all sign or something. And send it to everyone on twitter or through email.
Its worth doing, coz the game is inches away from being perfect!
Id even forgave the D2's removal..
I cant write this statement myself. Apparently, my emails are too aggressive...thats what they tell me at work anyways...:D
I'll do that. We can create a thread for this if the mods allow this.
We'll put our feedback in that and then I'll write the post as one document. Everyone signs it and then we send it over.
When the feedback document is complete. We can use Google form for signatures not only from Evo-Web but other places too. If you agree, you fill the form and that's about it. This'll make sure the list is not full of alt accounts.

Last edited:
Been playing on PA1 since Wednesday. In all the games I have played (vs human mainly) I have not seen one header goal from a corner or a cross in the games (for me or opponent). :CONF:

Been playing on PA1 since Wednesday. In all the games I have played (vs human mainly) I have not seen one header goal from a corner or a cross in the games (for me or opponent). :CONF:
Literally half an hour ago I played one quick game and scored a savage header goal. I had manual passes and basic shots set up for this match. (Top player)
They are possible, just feels like timing is different comparing to pes18. I think we need to power up/jump much earlier than we usually did in the past. But I could be wrong there. Still trying to get my head around it myself.

I always use that to switch off those leagues because I can't be bothered messing about importing leagues that get wrecked by new Data Packs, I don't want a ML full of fake teams and players! Ffs Konami stop removing bloody options like this (and transfer frequency) from the game :RANT:

I tweeted both Adam/official pes for that issue. If you've got a twitter account, do a capture and send them too.
The removal of "additionnal league : use /dont use" is really something fucking ennoying for me.

I planned to switch only Dortmund and Bayern from PEU teams, and creating teams from copa libertadores in Others Latam (well, even that is really time consuming for an editor) then starting a restricted ML.

Now, i can't. Those several fakes leagues ruins more the experience than weird transfers you've all mentionned, in my opinion.

Anyone tried setting up an offline league for friends ? Is it the same as last year ? use another account with the age setting below 18 years old as the fix for the OF problem ?

Well Played all night yesterday.... started a CL... once i got to the knock out stage i started to see some weird actions by the AI. if they needed a goal, thy sure as hell would get it using their now perfect low cross. restarted a game 4 times... always the same outcome.

Out of 10 goals, 9 are low crosses. meh, its very predictable. I really hope they fix this. My games end up with me 11 shots on goal, 0 goals. The AI: 1 shot on goal, 1 goal

Will try league mode as scripting is toned down there ...

Apart from the CPU AI, I don't have much of a complain or problems. Konami should prioritize fixing the AI on the next patch.

I'm not sure all of this can be fixed with a patch. But we shall see.

My biggest revelation playing Parma in the ML has been this:

View attachment 5872
If being sexually attracted to a piece of clothing is wrong, then I don't want to be right

Good lord that is beautiful.

I played in superstar last night and well....let's just say I'm not making that mistake again lol

Starting to settle in a bit with this game now and it's beginning to grow on me.

Only player Myclub so far, all against com (1 SIM game by mistake also).

Gameplay feels nice but could do without the front post crosses all game long!

Going to kick off a ML after the first update comes to the game.

I still don't understand scouts in MyClub. If anyone can explain what they do and why I would want to big for one ideally appreciate it.

Lack of formation changing is ridiculous though. It's not as if Klopp only has one possible formation he can use.

Anyone know if the ‘offensive goalkeeper’ playstyle effects keepers rushing out when it’s 1v1 or rushing out to close down the angle when the attacker is closing in on goal? Just wondering if it does anything other than acting as a sweeper when the ball has been played already

Is this ML issue of EPL purging their clubs of all players an issue for everyone or is it happening on a few accounts only?

That issue aside, when is a good time to start ML, will any of the updates issued by Konami mess with my campaign?

Wow.

Do you guys remember PES 2014?

I'm calling it now :
- Game will be "fixed" in a few months by which time most of player base will have moved on to something else.
- PES 2019 will be a fantastic game once its fixed but will be known by a significant number as the worst PES ever or will have lost the patience of its once-loyal base
- Folks will still preorder PES 2020 because problems will allegedly be "fixed"

Of course you've got your tech advances like 4K HDR and current gen consoles which make it feel like "the best PES ever" and some of you are fortunate to actually be enjoying the game.

I hope I'm wrong but I wanted to say this now because this feels like a 2014 groundhog day.

The guys on PC not being able to login because of apparent server load, the 0 rated Leicester players, the selling of squads....it doesn't make sense because the engine is the same as 2018/17.

Surely the game should be better than 2018 for EVERYBODY from the start.

Carry on.

Is this ML issue of EPL purging their clubs of all players an issue for everyone or is it happening on a few accounts only?

That issue aside, when is a good time to start ML, will any of the updates issued by Konami mess with my campaign?

Pretty sure the players, transfers and league structure, etc is always just whatever version of the database you started your campaign with.

Wow.

Do you guys remember PES 2014?

I'm calling it now :
- Game will be "fixed" in a few months by which time most of player base will have moved on to something else.
- PES 2019 will be a fantastic game once its fixed but will be known by a significant number as the worst PES ever or will have lost the patience of its once-loyal base
- Folks will still preorder PES 2020 because problems will allegedly be "fixed"

Of course you've got your tech advances like 4K HDR and current gen consoles which make it feel like "the best PES ever" and some of you are fortunate to actually be enjoying the game.

I hope I'm wrong but I wanted to say this now because this feels like a 2014 groundhog day.

The guys on PC not being able to login because of apparent server load, the 0 rated Leicester players, the selling of squads....it doesn't make sense because the engine is the same as 2018/17.

Surely the game should be better than 2018 for EVERYBODY from the start.

Carry on.

Pes 2014 was absolutely broken at release, you just couldn't enjoy that game even if you liked the concepts that moved it. This is not like that, at all, there are plenty of people enjoying the game here.

Pes 2014 was absolutely broken at release, you just couldn't enjoy that game even if you liked the concepts that moved it. This is not like that, at all, there are plenty of people enjoying the game here.

sure. except if you look at the PC thread/Steam forums you will see it is like that.

sure. except if you look at the PC thread/Steam forums you will see it is like that.

Issues with server loads will definitely be fixed in few days, while with Pes 2014 we had to wait months to enjoy it somehow. In March they were still fixing it with a huge patch. This is definitely not the case with Pes 2019.
Crashes also can be fixed relatively quick.

My problem is that I don’t play my club, be a legend and master league is broke.
I’m just playing friendlies.......I can do that on the demo.
Konami need to tweak the AI and fix Master League Asap.
This is why I haven't picked up the game and won't until those aspects of the game are greatly improved. Frustrating, because I really like the feel of the gameplay. I find just passing the ball around is therapeutic.

This might be a bit of a long one but I'd rather put my pics and videos in one post.

I mentioned yesterday the issue I've seen with deep defensive lines and it's relation to the effectiveness of low crosses.

Here are two examples:

https://i.imgur.com/FDEp51P.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xVhZgkr.jpg

Look at where I am on the ball and look at the defensive line's positioning relative to me. There's no reason for them to ever be that deep in this situation. I'm assuming this is a tactical issue, but this wasn't the result of an OF. This is vanilla PES 2019.

https://streamable.com/uf3b1
This clip shows something that I've taken issue with in the past. I'm sprinting down the wing and the closest defender to me sprints away from me and then all of a sudden decides to close me down. I see teammates do this constantly so I'm having to press the secondary pressure button to keep them from giving up too much space. Defending the wide areas remains to be an issue for the AI it appears.

https://streamable.com/1dh1q
Just another example of the AI not shooting when it should. Luckily it resulted in a goal, but as my teammate turned to face the goal I was almost screaming shoot. But of course, despite sitting right in front of goal, he passes it instead. That's frustrating because there are times entire chances are lost because of this type of behavior.

https://streamable.com/k5sv0
This miss....I don't even know what to make of it. It looks more like a pass to the corner flag.

https://streamable.com/b5epi
With this clip, it's more of a question I have than an issue. Do you think the keeper should be doing better here?

https://streamable.com/1mm5g
Am I crazy or did the keep still have his hand on the ball when he left the box?

And now to end on a positive note here's my first free kick goal and a scissor kick
https://streamable.com/0nkx6
https://streamable.com/g4pwh

Last edited:
Issues with server loads will definitely be fixed in few days, while with Pes 2014 we had to wait months to enjoy it somehow. In March they were still fixing it with a huge patch. This is definitely not the case with Pes 2019.
Crashes also can be fixed relatively quick.
The AI patch and whatever needs to be done ASAP. Along with other issues if poss. There is no way PES and Adam Bhatti are not aware of them, its been mentioned to them on social media enough.

Can anyone tell me the state of the online competitions this year, as in the time intervals they're on? There were only 4 on a Saturday and Sunday at 2 hours intervals in 2018, which was lame as hell. Whether they are any better this year will determine if I buy it or not.

Any kind soul tell the answer to the question above please? If the online competitions are frequent i wouldn't mind buying it and playing it with a few beers tonight. Ya know yourselves!

Back
Top Bottom