PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

for the first time ever in pes my gk didn't catch the ball that I back pass to him so he fouled attacker and referee blows for penalty! I love how new stuff come all the time, randomness all the time :)
and for problems with wing attacks just try to cover the pitch without pressing x and square button unnecessary, helps a lot to force ai to play varied football

My randomness highlights so far are an opposition defender clearing the ball against their keeper and the ball rebounding off him, onto the crossbar and in.

The other is an opposition goalie taking a free kick in my half

Hey guys,
Sorry if it's been mentioned, can someone help me with a link for the best OF for the PS4 please ? I'm just off out to pick up a copy. I tried PESWorld but it seems you have to download it sections rather than the usual one download for everything ?

Thanks in advance folks.

The game is a joy on manual - but i can't shoot/cross and manual headers are impossible. Think manuel passing with basic shooting is best, the CPU plays less ping pong this way as well and the game just feels slower.

I'm decent with headers, i usually win 50 per cent of the aerial challenges, but the timing and the direction is also difficult. I'm hitting alot of bullet headers onto post/bar or straight at the keeper, there's a real skill to it. Super cancel is the key and getting in front of your man, or pressing R1 to run onto the ball. R2 crosses with well timed headers are also a good tactic.

I think L2 is a shielding button as i tend to keep the ball held up longer with this, while r2 and some feints can really throw defenders off.

What i'm struggling with is the A.I needs tweaking, as in it's just not the low cross which is an issue but my biggest gripe is that they don't use the individuality of the players, or try to run with the ball. This should surely be addressed, so it leads to less tackles in the midfield.

I haven't seen the "pass the ball back" when through issue, the A.I on top player has finished everything and even scored long rangers against me.

I love the pace of the game and when there's a midfield battle the game is so absorbing, the defensive AI is brilliant, shooting/heading/passing - best i've ever seen in a game, the depth to dribbling is fantastic, the individuality, animations there is so much on the pitch that the game does well, tactical set-up of a.i in game changing defensive/attacking levels is perfect this year, adapting to your tactics and making each game a tactical battle.

On the pitch if they sort these issues this is the best football game ever (gameplay)
Keeper coming out
AI low crosses
AI lack of running on the ball/ping pong

Those three are the key, fix that and then i'm happy and so will most other people with the game be offline (on the pitch)

Of course ML/BAL and the presentation are all abysmal along with the sound, lack of stadiums - but if they work on the AI and at least put some effort into the above next year, i'll stay a PES fan.

Agree with you on the 3 things to be fixed and still enjoying the game. My crossing is getting a lot better on manual. Score a header about every 5 games on average and nothing more satisfying than doing a great manual cross!

Hey guys,
Sorry if it's been mentioned, can someone help me with a link for the best OF for the PS4 please ? I'm just off out to pick up a copy. I tried PESWorld but it seems you have to download it sections rather than the usual one download for everything ?

Thanks in advance folks.

I went with pesworld and it's quick enough, there are only 4 elements to download (3 leagues and the emblems).

Otherwise have a look here - https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/9axowb/option_files_patches_megathread/

My biggest revelation playing Parma in the ML has been this:

View attachment 5872
If being sexually attracted to a piece of clothing is wrong, then I don't want to be right
Unfortunately that kit is going to be ruined in the next data pack:

parma-18-19-home-kit%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Can't believe I'm returning this right after I got to grips with Advanced Shooting for the first time ever :LOL:

I say stick with it. Gameplay has been improved and just adjust the way you play to stop ai attacking the way they do. I’ve seen more variety the more I’ve played.

Lazio were really satisfying to play with, started season with them just to test stamina, really interesting becouse of the tactic they use and every match in Serie A was different. I think that if we ever get global editor for pes 2019 would be awesome to lower some stats for all players so for example team with 5 stars they will become with 4 stars. Many teams actually are overrated, while playing with lower rated team you start to see the beauty of this game :)

I've also started a season with Lazio. Luis Alberto and milinkovic savic are a joy to play with. They have a really good balance in the team and this year, playing with teams who aren't all star players is far more fun because of the difference stats are making.

I've also started a season with Lazio. Luis Alberto and milinkovic savic are a joy to play with. They have a really good balance in the team and this year, playing with teams who aren't all star players is far more fun because of the difference stats are making.
did you notice how ball feels safe when Milinkovic Savic had it? really every player stood out for what it is in real life. btw shooting with Parolo is amazing, I scored two screamers with him :D

Honestly, I think years of playing games without any proper stats difference has broken people's expectations :DD

Good defenders now defend well. Stronger players ARE stronger, better crossers put in better crosses. If you wanted to be dangerous from crosses in the old games you'd get players in for it. I always remember vieri being a beast and winning everything.

In my experience so far, headers aren't broken but finally defenders win most of those duels. I've scored a few with players not known for heading but they've all been in space and picked out (ozil to auba mainly).

Same goes with through balls, crosses, shooting etc. It's definitely not perfect but SO much better than it's been since PS2. So so much better

EDIT: disclaimer here is I've avoided a lot of negative posts and videos so as not to ruin my enjoyment. If the above is totally missing the point, that will be why.

Can't fucking believe it... They removed the option in ML for "not use fake leagues" :BLINK:

So, you can't start a restricted ML with only existing players... Well, there's only more than 80 teams to edit before starting an ML...
With that option only on PES 2018, you always could include Dortmund and Bayern in "Others Europeans", even if there was already 23 teams in Others Latin America.
I'm utterly disgusted, i really thinked about creating only the 23 LATAM teams, and starting an ML way sooner, well, like in october/november.

Needs to be adressed to the twitter. I'm going ASAP to tell them.

I always use that to switch off those leagues because I can't be bothered messing about importing leagues that get wrecked by new Data Packs, I don't want a ML full of fake teams and players! Ffs Konami stop removing bloody options like this (and transfer frequency) from the game :RANT:

I've been starting to wonder whether konami have had another translation issue where they mean the opposite of what they've written. Containment area - Middle, implies that you want to contain them in the middle surely? When you look at the description of both options (wide, middle) it could be construed slightly differently. I can't remember the exact wording. Can someone test both to try and get some concrete evidence. (I have to go to work or I'd be doing it right now!)
I'm quite sure tweaks in tactics will improve the gamebut then again haven't played it yet.
Though it worked on some issues on 17/18

So it seems like the offline AI thing is driving people towards MyClub, looks like Konami's master plan is working!:COAT:
:D

As much as this game bummed like like a fresh prison inmate last night I think I might have a go with Liverpool in a regular league setting.

Oh Salah, Mané, Firmino, bring back to me the joy of PES :PRAY:

I've been playing almost exclusively with Liverpool and they're tons of fun. Salah is a joy to control of course, and I don't think I've ever had a player in a football game I hated subbing out more, but maybe the best player is actually Fabinho. The difference he makes in the team is so drastic after playing without him before the squads were updated. He bosses that deep midfield position like no other.

But I might have to give in to Konami's master plan this weekend and give MyClub a try. I don't think I can take another low cross attempt by the CPU. And I think Lami pinpointed a big source of the frustration - that it all feels just way too predetermined.

I think this year might be the most frustrated I've ever been with Konami. They've delivered so much brilliance and yet so much disappointment. And if they're going to charge me the same price as a AAA game, it's gotta be better than this.

I say stick with it. Gameplay has been improved and just adjust the way you play to stop ai attacking the way they do. I’ve seen more variety the more I’ve played.
Oh I've been stopping them all the time. But that's the problem. It's become too predictable, and boring. That's not the game I want to play all year.

oh look, another low cross from wide by the AI
Ruins the game, there is no differnece with league 2 team and a top, every single team just boots it out wide, for a low cross into the box

Everything is almost perfect, accept ai only like to score one type of goal, and that gets very boring

I may be looking like that overly positive guy, but I have no complaints of how the game is going for me right now. Is there a setting change perhaps that I'm using? My defending style? I'm not sure.

Here is another fantastic match, to me. Just played it this morning, so wasn't quite awake yet, but it definitely woke me up with needing to focus defensively. Enjoy :)

(once processed)

Also, here are my settings:

ky9ny0.png
So you recommend buying the game?

Hey all. New to the forum.

Can anyone tell me the state of the online competitions this year, as in the time intervals they're on? There were only 4 on a Saturday and Sunday at 2 hours intervals in 2018, which was lame as hell. Whether they are any better this year will determine if I buy it or not.

There is so much to enjoy about this game, it really is lovely and organic to play. Players do have their own feel to them, like Ronaldo and Salah and Pjanic.

When the game gets it right its really lovely to watch...I whipped in a cross that missed everyone and was flick headed away to the opposite wing, using my fullback I played in an advanced high through ball aiming for Mandzukic, and it looked like i was going to score as he started to acrobatically adjust himself for the finish but the keeper came out to him and got a palm up to it and into the air right in front of goal. As Dybala moved in to finish the defender in the mix flicked out a leg to divert it for a corner, it all looked phenomenal.

Ive also always preferred the camera and graphics of Pes its looks sublime.

I really really hope they fix the A.I issues because if they do that with these things being a little more in the mix:

Long range CPU shooting
Deep crossing
Less walking the goal in
No low crossing
Keepers sticking to their line

This game will be the dogs. I just don't understand how they have broken the A.I because it was almost there. We now have fouls, keepers are slightly improved but a bit too good on long range efforts.

Ben Foster did a lot of punches from crosses and came off his line a lot in a game I played in, looked great but you just don't see enough of them.

Is there anyway to get real feedback back to Konami? BTW this was a great goal I scored with Can...

Is it possible to substitute a player on skill training? TIA.

EDIT: Just read somewhere, you need to go EDIT>Team> gameplan, which is very inconvenient.:MAD:

Last edited:
My conclusion to PES 2019 in a sentence would be that, in retrospect, it will be appreciated a lot more than it is now (unless they radicalize next iteration by bringing in jawdropping innovations).

Back
Top Bottom