PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Certainly CPU COM AI have many flaw's! It's not perfect but stands better than pes2018! It's not so frustrating and disqusting like previous year. You will not see so many pinpoint passes from lower teams against yours. But I recommend to always lower the difficulty when you are playing with lower teams, increased it with more porewfull teams and when your team spirit goes well and you learn your team players, changed it permanently to your preferred challenging difficulty!

My trusty Aussie connection got my back!
Thanx a million @Lami
Or do it to the French league. Their D2 has 20 teams compared to championship's 24 teams. Serie B has 19 teams from what I saw, so you can add that one extra team instead of 5. Up to you.

Pretty sure the Italians/Spanish figured this out and someone will have an OF ready with this. Hopefully.

I hoped we didn't have to do this though. Oh well.

Or do it to the French league. Their D2 has 20 teams compared to championship's 24 teams. Serie B has 19 teams from what I saw, so you can add that one extra team instead of 5. Up to you.
Acctually thinking of a Ligue1/Ligue2 campaign if I don't do an edited one.
Don't think I've played a Premier league one since Pes 13.
Have you started anything yet?

This, to me, was a lot of fun. The CPU was not hiding their tactic, it was 10 men behind the ball, and counter to the big man up top. For all the space they gave me, I thought for sure I'd absolutely destroy them. It was a fun challenge. I really focused on keeping my midfielders in good positions to cut off passing lanes. No pressuring except for the sides, and only when I held on too long, were they successful in breaking me down on the sides.

I know the gameplay isn't perfect, but it is a great thing to see the way the AI attacks. The way they make mistakes, and how there is actual strategy being shown. I hope to play them again at their home to see how they choose to defend me then.

If I'd play as a weaker team like Breda Vs a stronger side like Alkmaar,I'd probably play pretty much as the CPU does,didn't catch their setup,but I assume it's 4-5-1( or some take on it)
Haven't played the demo and stayed clear of a lot of what's been reported here,and it's been kinda negative on CPU attacking since game was released.
Got the game today,but won't play it til next week so this made me more positive.
Thanx mate

If I'd play as a weaker team like Breda Vs a stronger side like Alkmaar,I'd probably play pretty much as the CPU does,didn't catch their setup,but I assume it's 4-5-1( or some take on it)
Haven't played the demo and stayed clear of a lot of what's been reported here,and it's been kinda negative on CPU attacking since game was released.
Got the game today,but won't play it til next week so this made me more positive.
Thanx mate

Yeah, that's what I enjoyed about that game in particular. It was believable, if anything.

The concerns about the AI attack, overall, are valid - and I definitely see the CPU hitting those low balls, especially the higher caliber teams - it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Going to be streaming soon hopefully. Will post when I'm up and running.

The criticism I got from the Developer team. About not paying attention to offline Modes. Especially Master League .

Thanks for supporting this post. Without your support, the Developer team does not care. You have to put them under pressure.

There is no use without your support. We should hear the voice of the producer team. It is also powerful.

https://twitter.com/Romell88/status/1035722240384479233

122354-hi.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry @Lami @Isslander can you pinpoint which exact one would you recommend me changing (mind you I've been in default configuration ALL my life) to transition my PES life easier to manual?

The reason for changing, I'm finding Superstar a tad easy however Legend is too hard (this is in default configuration) ... so to find the middle point, I thought I switch back to Superstar but with 'slightly' manual.

To begin Set passing level support to off, autoslide to off, auto feint your choice.
Leave for now shots and through passing on basic.
If too hard at superstar try top player, the cpu plays more realistically by the way, more mistakes, less accurate passing, slower, more fouls. Cpu defense is not great at top player but playing with manual passing will let them have the time to press and position themselves

Really enjoying this.

Top player is the right balance for my skills, it’s giving me those tight encounters, lots of fun to play.

Some niggles for me:-

Pulling in the right trigger can cause the ball on a string issue where it suddenly bungee chords back to the foot, looks awful if you sometimes side step or do it when the Ball has bounced.

Graphics are stunning and the Pes Universe option file is very good, it looks superb, however the crowd noises seem “hollow” it’s just not got the thump when scoring or chanting, yet it’s such an easy thing to implement.

The keepers do get a bit stuck but I have changed them all to offensive which has decreased the problem but not totally eradicated, it’s just better.

Graphics 10/10
Sound 6/10
Gameplay 8/10
Online- untested

Gameplay is the heart for me, graphics also a big part so on the basis it looks beautiful and enjoyable to play it’s a 9/10 imo,let down by the sound team.

Have fun

im not going to go into too much now, but after playing both the pc version and ps4 version, I prefer the ps4 version.. as similar as they are, I still feel I have more control on the ps4 version, and think that was Konami's primary console (ps4 pro included as it allows hdr and 4k etc) for which this game was made.

After the delivery debacle, its the pure brilliance of pes2019 that has made up for it. I spent 3 hours on the ps4 version yesterday, varying leagues teams etc, .. tried international, tried Asian Cup teams (that was a pure joy – slower and just more variation for some reason, Italian league, French league.. all so different they play. Yeh there are AI issues, but you cant deny the variables..variations in this game are astonishing)

Put simply, without a doubt (I wont be changing my mind), this is the best football simulated videogame ever made to day. Until pes2020 or unlikely fifa2020, this will be the best soccer game ever made.

Oh a few details on how I play this game:

Initially I hated the grass.. for some reason they really increased the brightness.. so ive gone 60 contrast, and 20 on brightness.. wow.. its totally changed how the game looks.. so many beautiful stadiums/pitches... like a reshader.. I like it a little saturated colour wise..and this is perfect. So big tip.. lower the brightness setting on the pes2019 settings.

Sound wise, im playing with all settings on 3-4, except for pitch sounds at full 15. Increases the ball and kicking sounds etc, and together with the rumble, it really adds to the weight of the game. I have the Spanish commentary on the ps4 version. Love it!!!

Im playing Superstar (its tough, but love the challenge), Full manual Shoot and Passing. 15 min games. 5, 8, 10 camera angle on a 100" projector screen. Amazing.. up until 3am last night on the beanbag!!!

sorry guys I saw in some posts that there is Legend mode? I can see only superstar as highest difficulty, should I unlock this or what?

If it’s like last year, if you beat the CPU on superstar difficulty 5 games in a row, Legend should unlock itself.

@PotatoCouch beat me to it:D

Furthermore, according to @103SpooKy there is another difficulty level after Legend...

Last edited:
Just tried comparing the difference in game speed between full game and demo as I've seen people comment on it on here already. Zero difference in my opinion. I thought maybe it was a little faster, but I think I'm just so used to the pace now. When I played the demo, it was off the back of playing PES 2018 which was faster, so 19 seemed quite a bit slower in comparison .
I found it to be faster personally and I've switched down to -2.

I have been playing the demo for a while, manual settings too, only top player instead of pro.
I am deciding if to buy it or not.
I really liked the demo but very often was disappointed in the final release.
CAn you tel me if you see any difference between the demo and the full game?
Especially for pace, physics anc players inertia

It's very similar to the demo. Fantastic feel. However, the more I play the more the AI is becoming a problem in certain matches - usually when defence is set to deep.

If you want manual passing, switch pass support level to off. If you want manual shooting switch shot type to manual. Pick one or the other or both. Up to you.

Haha I switched to manual passing (pass support level to off) and anything else untouched .. damn ... superstar is more difficult now; not that AI is getting better but my pass is getting dumber. This is hard .. so hard. Why am I making my life difficult LOL

Furthermore, according to @103SpooKy there is another difficulty level after Legend...

Get ###### .. seriously? LOL ...

Played 2 great games today as psg v City.
City were aggressive and didn't try and low cross it low in near post.
Aguero tore me apart.
Really enjoyed it compaired to yesterday's match.

Acctually thinking of a Ligue1/Ligue2 campaign if I don't do an edited one.
Don't think I've played a Premier league one since Pes 13.
Have you started anything yet?
Nah. Just exhibitions and tried myclub. Even myclub offline isn't for me because I can't play in -1 speed. Locked to default. I'd love if they changed ML's layout to something like myclub's, at least a change helps keep things fresh. I'm bored of how ML looks. So dated. We want to feel like at least some effort was put into it.

Also the CPU wing attacks have got really boring now. Feels stale already :(

Verratti is a.....creative playmaker???

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom