PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I do have to applaud the PES team to how well the game plays online now, butter smooth experience every game. Now if they only improve the online divisions game mode and interface etc. One thing i do like with FIFA which i wish PES had would be the seperate highlights section where you can control the replay of the highlight, now if pes had that it would be fantastic.

Can we please bring Daniel back, I want him to explain to me in intricate detail how this games AI isn't broken. I want him to paint me a vivid word picture, help me understand how this is good.
I don't think I have ever been so disappointed with my first couple of days playing a new PES. I have never gone back to an old PES after playing a new one. Will I now? Well I still hope they can fix it. I will get some fun out playing against humans I guess. But man, this looked like the second coming for a while!

Oh well, Spider-Man is out soon I guess

Not sure if i played the same game so many years ago, but i remember 2011 players standing in their positions with no AI. To even say 2011 had good AI when it had nothing is beyond crazy. You must be confusing AI with difficulty.

Anyway guys, old PES player here who is new here. Formerly banned by Adam in 2008! I have survived and hope to share my opinions with all on the new PES, if i get it LOL. Its gonna be hard to trust people here after reading the post i quote but i will try.

Demo played good. Shooting/Gk still scripted but more script than before (as in more shot variety), hold X and Square is still too high, pass too assisted (dont gime the manual talk, i dont play offline, do you see any top players on pesleague doing manual? LOL).. damn i miss that PES18 Beta at least is was more free. Game is looking like a 6/10 based on demo, not sure if end game is same looking at past history.

You are thinking of PES 2010. PES 2011 was the last good game when it comes to everything.

Of course guys. We are here to help each other. Maybe the price is reflecting the product.. ;-)

Well I will not be that much in here from now. One thing is for sure. I will not enjoy the game more if I follow this thread. So much negativity - and its probably right. But the thing is. I wouldn't have seen 50% of it myself.

Maybe if I do I will come back and complain with the rest of you :D
There's a Master League thread with nice stories if you're into that :)

Can we please bring Daniel back, I want him to explain to me in intricate detail how this games AI isn't broken. I want him to paint me a vivid word picture, help me understand how this is good.
I don't think I have ever been so disappointed with my first couple of days playing a new PES. I have never gone back to an old PES after playing a new one. Will I now? Well I still hope they can fix it. I will get some fun out playing against humans I guess. But man, this looked like the second coming for a while!

Oh well, Spider-Man is out soon I guess

It's not perfect but compromises needed to be made to include the licencedOmani Premier League.

Gameplay will be fixed next year, I promise...

Won my fair share of online games on the demo.....just lost 13 games on the trot spread over online divisions and MyClub. With the shit A.i on offer in single player and my seeming ability to lose every game I play online to the sweaty pressure whores im just about ready to throw this game in the bin tonight. :CURSE:

Won my fair share of online games on the demo.....just lost 13 games on the trot spread over online divisions and MyClub. With the shit A.i on offer in single player and my seeming ability to lose every game I play online to the sweaty pressure whores im just about ready to throw this game in the bin tonight. :CURSE:

Sounds like you just need a break

I've finally got to play some matches and I'd say the one word that sums the game up for me is frustration. With a few tweaks to gameplay and fixing the AI I could really enjoy this. It's just so frustrating as there's a damn good game under there being held back by a few issues and the broken AI. The actual mechanics of the play are so good at times and they can really come to light when you're playing player vs player.

I'm having a couple of audio issues. The commentary is completely drowned out unless you turn everything right down which is odd as I usually have it all maxed out as default with no issues. The crowd do a decent sounding cheer when you score but it lasts for literally about 1.5 seconds then they go quiet :LOL:

The game also makes this very annoying high pitched sound when I press :triangle: on the players on the lineup screen, it also does it when I press certain things on the menu. Anyone else experienced this?

Just played my first game of myclub. Thought I'd give it a chance like others on here.

Came up against a team with a chemistry of 6 but filled with superstars. Didn't think I stood a chance. Was winning 4 - 0 at half time. Clearly playing a kid who's got access to his parents' credit cards. Playing slowly destroyed him. Derived a lot of satisfaction from the victory.

My club isn't for me mind. But as I'm enjoying the game and won't start master league until AI is patched and player rosters are complete, I will persevere with the mode. Playing against humans is always enjoyable.

Also I accidentally just played a SIM game. Yawn. What is the point of this?

I actually enjoy Sim mode games and tournaments. When I get a new Pes I normally head over to Pesdb.net to find out the agent combinations for certain players with certain attributes, then I head into the auction house and make bids for the agents I need, it can be a lengthy process but it's good to eventually get players I actually want in my team, once I have all the players I want I then start to try out different managers, formations , tactics etc, it's time consuming but I find it good fun and it's also a very welcome change from the online pressure whores and disconnect cheats you encounter when playing 1v1 online ;)

EDIT : Just like to mention, even though I enjoy the Sim mode side to myclub it still doesn't compare to the coach mode side of MLO, that was a great online experience, just a pity it's gone now and will probably never return. Money talks :(

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to tweak tactics to see if it fixes the "always pass " issue?
Is it just ML,or is it across all game modes (offline)
No different play when playing more direct and "wilder" teams,south america for instance?

I stopped playing online by myself a few years ago and I'm only 28 lol. At least with sports games.
Yeah I play lots of other games almost exclusively online but PES is the only one I don't, or didn't until this year. Now I remember why I shouldn't bother.

Leave online for FIFA Street, PES Street kids. The only game I play online is 8 ball pool on my mobile :D Always offline. I have never played PES or FIFA online. Usually vs mates or against the CPU where I might build up my form to win another crate of lager in local tournaments :BEER:

Played many games and made my views know to Konami and there UK, but offline playing v the cpu, every cpu playing in the exact same way up until the penalty box. The only difference is ( not always ) is the higher rated teams finish the moves more that the lower rated ones, but they still score their fair share of goals. It gets annoying, L1 still need fixed ( I Will Not Happen ) and though PA1 is far better than in 18 and passes are more "loose", the cpu at times still picks the pass it wants not the one your doing, an example, 25yrds out dead middle running from left to right, my winger starts a run into the box I am at an angle facing him I aim my LS to a point where he will run onto a wee tab of the Y through ball. If it were a clock face I'd be in the middle of it facing 12:02 and aiming my LS to that point, I press to do this and when I let go, the ball comes off my boot and goes to a position of 12:20 into space out on the wing which triggers my RB who is 15 yrds inside the cpu half and thus makes a run towards the ball going out wide, which my box facing player and the direction I am pressing the LS to, somehow managed to play to him. That is one of a lot of example of this and it fecking annoying.

The flaws this engine has L1 and cpu picking the pass it want you to play not the one your in the process of doing, are still very much alive in PES19 and though it doesn't totally kill the game, it just kills that moment.

Has anyone tried to tweak tactics to see if it fixes the "always pass " issue?
Is it just ML,or is it across all game modes (offline)
No different play when playing more direct and "wilder" teams,south america for instance?

I have not tried. I can confirm it happens in BAL too.

Yeah I play lots of other games almost exclusively online but PES is the only one I don't, or didn't until this year. Now I remember why I shouldn't bother.

Haha don't worry I have my moments too

I like to pass to a teammate once I've gotten the attention the defender closest to said teammate. Once the defender starts making their way to me, I'll make the pass. Sometimes my teammate will then one touch pass it back to me, not with a defender all over me. It's incredibly annoying.

I'm messing around with game speeds and difficulties seeing what combination minimizes this behavior

Just tried comparing the difference in game speed between full game and demo as I've seen people comment on it on here already. Zero difference in my opinion. I thought maybe it was a little faster, but I think I'm just so used to the pace now. When I played the demo, it was off the back of playing PES 2018 which was faster, so 19 seemed quite a bit slower in comparison .

Sorry @Lami @Isslander can you pinpoint which exact one would you recommend me changing (mind you I've been in default configuration ALL my life) to transition my PES life easier to manual?

gwz8BUj.jpg

The reason for changing, I'm finding Superstar a tad easy however Legend is too hard (this is in default configuration) ... so to find the middle point, I thought I switch back to Superstar but with 'slightly' manual.

Sorry @Lami @Isslander can you pinpoint which exact one would you recommend me changing (mind you I've been in default configuration ALL my life) to transition my PES life easier to manual?

gwz8BUj.jpg

The reason for changing, I'm finding Superstar a tad easy however Legend is too hard (this is in default configuration) ... so to find the middle point, I thought I switch back to Superstar but with 'slightly' manual.
If you want manual passing, switch pass support level to off. If you want manual shooting switch shot type to manual. Pick one or the other or both. Up to you.

SETTINGS
Game Speed -1
Full Manual
Professional

Really enjoying this. I don't think that knocking a ball around a pitch has ever felt so good in a computer football game. The ball, at least on PA0, feels so free.

And what's really pleasing is that the animations all take the right amount of time. That "touch" thing they were talking about makes everything feel really natural. One thing I hated in football games, mostly in FIFA (especially with its driven pass), but also used to happen in PES, was those speeded up animations which no footballer can do in real life, as well as those moves with four passes in a row at 100 miles per hour. But they're not there in PES anymore.

Also, last year I hated, absolutely hated the amount of room in midfield. That's a lot better this year because of the increased aggression from the AI.

Haven't played enough to see if there's enough variety from the AI opponent. They do occasionally make the wrong decision about heading towards goal, but it doesn't stand out enough for me. And I'm just grateful that they do pass it around the back and recycle the ball.

Now for the bad part. Why aren't there at least 100 stadiums in this game? Seriously? And they still have those two generic stadiums that are meant to be British but look like they were built 200 years ago.

I have been playing the demo for a while, manual settings too, only top player instead of pro.
I am deciding if to buy it or not.
I really liked the demo but very often was disappointed in the final release.
CAn you tel me if you see any difference between the demo and the full game?
Especially for pace, physics anc players inertia

One question,and I think you've been able to do this in previous titles.
You should be able to swop every English league team with Italian league teams right?
Then edit the Championship teams into whatever D2 league you want,Serie B in this case.
Even if every Serie B striber probably end up being Tommy Smith's.
You can edit one of the fake leagues into D2 Italian or Spanish, then move them over English D2. Then swap over Seria a teams with premier league teams.

It's convoluted.

I think one of the reasons the low crosses are as effective as they've been, given the AI uses them as much as they do, is because of how deep defensive lines are dropping.

Idk if it's because I'm playing in Denmark/if it's a tactical issue, but I'm constantly seeing defensive lines drop well into the 6 yard box.

This, to me, was a lot of fun. The CPU was not hiding their tactic, it was 10 men behind the ball, and counter to the big man up top. For all the space they gave me, I thought for sure I'd absolutely destroy them. It was a fun challenge. I really focused on keeping my midfielders in good positions to cut off passing lanes. No pressuring except for the sides, and only when I held on too long, were they successful in breaking me down on the sides.

I know the gameplay isn't perfect, but it is a great thing to see the way the AI attacks. The way they make mistakes, and how there is actual strategy being shown. I hope to play them again at their home to see how they choose to defend me then.

Back
Top Bottom