PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

You can change player positions, like LMF to CMF, RB to CB etc. but you can't change the base formation. 4-2-1-3 can become 4-3-3, but not 4-5-1 or 4-4-2.

Yes, they will develop over time.

Thanks for your answers mate. I'm going to find that lack of formation changing to be annoying for sure.

I hate it too. But it is the way it is.

Yes and it seems that the only way to change to another manager is to buy them with coins... All of the lesser managers available cannot handle the already ridiculously good team my starter packs have given me.

Of course guys. We are here to help each other. Maybe the price is reflecting the product.. ;-)

Well I will not be that much in here from now. One thing is for sure. I will not enjoy the game more if I follow this thread. So much negativity - and its probably right. But the thing is. I wouldn't have seen 50% of it myself.

Maybe if I do I will come back and complain with the rest of you :D
Ha ha yeah it's a 99dkk product.
Haven't tried it yet,or the demo!
But I'll give it my view with open eyes.
It's always a good thing to not jump to conclusions just because some don't like it
How do you like the game so far,and which modes and settings do you play mate?

Just played Preston. Their goalkeeper took a free kick from halfway inside my half! It was 70 mins in and they were 1-0 up. Almost got the ball back in time to lob him from my own half

Absolutely laughable to see the official PES twitter accounts promoting fifa streamers, who will only play PES til fifa comes out (Maybe that's why they rushed it out for such an early release).
I see little or no responses to questions about problems that have arisen already.
They really seem to hate their own community.

Yes and it seems that the only way to change to another manager is to buy them with coins... All of the lesser managers available cannot handle the already ridiculously good team my starter packs have given me.
List updated every 8 hours. I had Joachim Löw last year, 4-5-1.

One question,and I think you've been able to do this in previous titles.
You should be able to swop every English league team with Italian league teams right?
Then edit the Championship teams into whatever D2 league you want,Serie B in this case.
Even if every Serie B striber probably end up being Tommy Smith's.

I don’t know why, but I bought today PES. My plan was to give FIFA this year my first try, but I couldn’t resist, especially I am aware of all the glitches of PES. But damn, it’s weekend and a long time till the release of FIFA.

Same, picked up PES to kill some time before FIFA, maybe I'll like this and save some money instead! Ithought pes 2018 was alright.

I've played 70+ matches now with the full release and no matter the team, this is the CPU's go-to attack, making up I'd say 90% of their truly threatening scoring opportunities. I do see different approaches in build up play, but once they're in the final third, it's pretty much all the same: ball to wing and low cross.

I've seen one long shot by the CPU - it was by Griezmann and I remember it because I was shocked - and only a handful of headers. Like someone else mentioned above, players like Hazard are nothing like the real thing - you rarely see skilled dribblers taking you on and rarely do they do much in the way of feints and skill moves.

But the defensive AI is just as bad. All this talk about the low cross and lack of variety in CPU attacking play ignores some major flaws in the defensive AI. It's interesting that you mention the better positioning because it seems like the positioning and tactical instructions are still overriding contextual decision making.

For example, here's a video where I'm dribbling down the wing and CPU midfielder begins to track me but then just stops, as if bound by his position:

Here's one that I can't explain. I have the ball on the wing and the CPU defenders aren't bothered to close me down:

Here's another one in which the defender just stops and allows my winger to dribble by:

And speaking of low crosses, one of the reasons the CPU scores so many is because of poor marking. Here's Van Dijk - one of the highest rated CBs in the game - make the baffling decision to stop and watch the cross go to the striker rather than react:

Also, I know that you said positioning is better in 19 but the backline defending is so concerned with dropping deep that not only do they make it easy to clear the ball to an open attacker, but the entire backline often won't bother to close down until you dribble to the box:

Don't get me wrong - I'm enjoying the game. There's so much it gets right. But I don't imagine this lasting long if the AI is not fixed because between the CPU attacking AI and the general defensive AI, this is some of the worst I can remember from PES. And these defensive problems I'm seeing, this is like FIFA 15 all over again.
As good as the game fees, I just can't ignore or put up with all that stuff. It's game breaking for me.

As good as the game fees, I just can't ignore or put up with all that stuff. It's game breaking for me.

I haven't posted anything for a few days because i don't want to be such a downer for people enjoying the game, but that post you've quoted makes me really sad.... at least i'm not angry anymore.... i guess i'll slowly just stop coming here and keeping up to date with PES

Still enjoying it, BUT...

1. The AI with their low, front-post crosses. Grrr.

2. When a team's tactic is set to deep defence, they go way back to the 6-yard line. Sometimes even when you've just crossed the halfway line. No defence goes that far back. The 18-yard line is the furthest back they'd go.

Anyone notice how bad the sound mix is during matches?

I might have to turn down the crowd ... it drowns out the commentary to me.

If I turn down crowd noise, do they chant ‘ less ‘ though? Like, is song frequency less? Silly question but I have always wondered.

@Mikhail - I've got the match sfx at max and nearly everything else is just over the halfway mark. I don't think konami have the skill to change something like you suggest. In a football game where they can't get players to run at goal and shoot, I can't see them having nuanced, 'dynamic' crowd sounds!

A bit of info for FK-taking. If your player has dipping shot (and not knuckle) then the second push of shoot just before they kick the free kick makes the ball dip and not knuckle. I haven't scored one yet but it looks good.

Can't fucking believe it... They removed the option in ML for "not use fake leagues" :BLINK:

So, you can't start a restricted ML with only existing players... Well, there's only more than 80 teams to edit before starting an ML...
With that option only on PES 2018, you always could include Dortmund and Bayern in "Others Europeans", even if there was already 23 teams in Others Latin America.
I'm utterly disgusted, i really thinked about creating only the 23 LATAM teams, and starting an ML way sooner, well, like in october/november.

Needs to be adressed to the twitter. I'm going ASAP to tell them.

@Mikhail - I've got the match sfx at max and nearly everything else is just over the halfway mark. I don't think konami have the skill to change something like you suggest. In a football game where they can't get players to run at goal and shoot, I can't see them having nuanced, 'dynamic' crowd sounds!

A bit of info for FK-taking. If your player has dipping shot (and not knuckle) then the second push of shoot just before they kick the free kick makes the ball dip and not knuckle. I haven't scored one yet but it looks good.
Thanks dude :)

Alright Konami, if you're reading this, tell me why I should buy your game this year.
I'll ask on Twitter too. Check it out after all the MyClub tweets.

Don't even know if they're aware or understand what i'm talking about...
I tweeted on officialpes, waiting for a real answer.
Just sucribed to twitter only for giving PES feedback.
You can add me https://twitter.com/SenseiVialli i don't really use it that much (only 1 tweet and 1 retweet :JAY:) but for having a little more credibility...
I'm not into social media things at all, but twitter is different

Can someone please explain this for me.

I packed coutinho but he is only 82 rated even though my loan version is much higher

Can someone please explain this for me.

I packed coutinho but he is only 82 rated even though my loan version is much higher

In myclub? Well, the player start with level 1. To have is actual stats, you need to play with him for upgrading his stats to level 30. And he can evolve to a higher level.

In myclub? Well, the player start with level 1. To have is actual stats, you need to play with him for upgrading his stats to level 30. And he can evolve to a higher level.
Ah ok yeah myclub. Thank you. So do all players start at level 1?

Back
Top Bottom