PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Playing BAL this morning. Tightly contested match between AGF, who I play for, and Midtjylland. Went down 1-0 but managed to tie it up.

Approaching the end of the match, this happens:

https://streamable.com/hw7x6

Luckily it didn't cost me the 3 points but come on. AI, teammate and opposition, needs to be more decisive in these situations because I've seen this happen a few times now.

My fear is that Konami will address this and go completely the opposite way- every player will just go head down steaming towards the goal with no heed for their teammates around them. I don't know what will be worse. I only play fixed cursor so have suffered your pain too. It's one thing seeing the opposition do it regularly but having your own team do it too is doubly frustrating. I try not to call for it all the time and have faith in my team but you end up having to take things into your own hands too much when this nonsense is going on!

Yeh, that is horrific and happened to me a few times. Salah was one yesterday but he turned round and passed it out to the wing. Dybala was another who did the same.
Maybe AI thinks that if they slaughter us in first few games we will loose interest, so they are giving us a chance. Nothing motivates more than a good result! :D ;)

Maybe not a keeper afterall:BOP:

Nah just kidding, she's Swedish so I bet she's gorgeous and she must be nice to have bought you PES!

On another note I actually kind of like what they did with the Danish Superliga (dispite not one single real stadium and the generic players), but I'm still gutted that my team (Lyngby) were relegated last year so I can't play with them (for other obvious reasons as well)!

I've started a league with Vendsyssel, one of the teams promoted and those who beat my Lyngby, because I thought it would be a fun challenge since they are one of the lesser teams but have an offensive style and technical players.
So far I'm not doing well at all. After 1-1 vs big team FC Copenhagen in the opener I've had all defeats and a couple of draws. This is on PA1, advanced shooting and Superstar btw, and apart from a couple of instances the AI is not too super human with it's passing game, and at the end of matches when players are low on stamina they really start to misplace passes and shots - both me and CPU, which is very nice.

I'm doing better in the cup though where I won the first two games and reached the semi finals, and those 2 games played out great and intence! However, and this is when I though about the division 2 situation, the experience is a bit flat when the cup only consist of teams from the league and when you start the cup with the round of 16.

I wonder if the semis will play out as two legged games as they do in the real Danish cup, but I'm not holding my breath as they managed to F up the fact that the one legged cup matches should by played on one of the participating teams' home ground and NOT on a neutral stadium:RANT:

Anyway, I look forward to your views on the game as well Rock, when you get around to playing it.
Ha ha yeah she's a looker mate!
Sounds like a challenge picking a smaller team,which is cool and the way it should be.

Should be a D2,adds to the experience, especially when playing cup games.
I knew going in to this (Pes 19) that Scotland/Denmark/Belgium doesn't have a fake league,which sucks,but not a deal-breaker,but for La Liga and Serie A thats complete madness.

Tough being relegated,my team was relegated in 2009 and spent five years in the Swedish S1,and almost got relegated in -11 to the third tier,one kick in the 96 Min saved us,and I was there,insane scenes!
Toughest part is visiting shit grounds,and having 20-25 k in our own ground,but at the same time that period gave us the platform to be strong now.
Being 2nd in the league,drawing the biggest crowd in Scandinavia,so we're really hopeful now,sometimes the club needs cleansing.
Your old player Rodic is doing well btw,only 3 games with us so far,but class player, especially when he's linking up with former team mate Djurdic!

Not having any preference on this game,didn't play the demo,so my experience will be Vs Pes 12/13/17.
But I'm looking fw to it mate,gonna give it a proper go next week,and hopefully some new smaller stadiums on a DLC in the future.
Hope your Lyngby gets promoted again.
Do they have the Superligaen logo when showing replays etc?

Connection errors came up when in the game - Unable to Connect to Server - one was Code GKCC2 other QI?MJ565_0 I seen a post on here saying to got Com'd Prompt under Admin and reset your firewall - I see the other member said that worked for him. I did the same the 2 error codes no longer came up but this did Lost Connection to server VNBP733 ?

So now wondering if what I did, did get me past those 2 error code and this is just the server being down or is it still my firewall ? my FW is set to let PES19 through ...

Thanks.

Just fired up MyClub for the first time ever......god it's confusing to an old git Iike me!!

Gonna give this a whirl and see where it takes me, I always swore I'd never play it but I just can't stand the thought of playing ML with the A.i in it's current state. Hopefully konami can address some issues.

I don't intend on spending a single penny on coins so it should be quite the challenge, anyone got any tips? I'm absolutely lost with all the agents, auctions and contracts etc. I don't want a team full of superstars that's for sure.

Just fired up MyClub for the first time ever......god it's confusing to an old git Iike me!!

Gonna give this a whirl and see where it takes me, I always swore I'd never play it but I just can't stand the thought of playing ML with the A.i in it's current state. Hopefully konami can address some issues.

I don't intend on spending a single penny on coins so it should be quite the challenge, anyone got any tips? I'm absolutely lost with all the agents, auctions and contracts etc. I don't want a team full of superstars that's for sure.

I'm in the same boat as you. It's the most unintuitive mess ive ever played!

How do you get the number in the blue shield up?

I am enjoying playing this game becouse of the difficulties that AI gave me when I attacking, it`s really a challenge on top player, superstar is without no mistakes from the AI while passing and first touch so it`s not for me BUT... I start to get fed up from AI when attacking me and those low crosses :( No one of the players actually go to dribble it`s all pass, pass, pass so pattern is easy to read and not much of a challenge. I hope there are people on tweeter who report this becouse this is not right, when you play against human it`s superb game is amazing but this... fix is needed immediately. with this state and impossible headers game is broken. If they fix this (I really hope is not difficult to do that) this is clearly best football game of all time becouse game shines on the pitch in all other elements

Once you've figured out your way around and did the tutorial click on the Myclub Records tab, it will give you info on how to earn a shitload of Gold coins ;)

If you have any other questions about Myclub then just post them up here and i'll reply when I get the chance.

Last edited:
I have no idea! :LMAO:
I'm as lost as you!
I was the same last year, guys. This whole myClub is some crazy shit. Now I know what my father must have been thinking when mobile phones were invented..
I recommend playing Divisions. Just pick your team and off you go. No messing. Thats what I did last year if it comes to online play.

Is Messi too good? or goalie too bad?
ezgif.com-optimize_1.gif

When attacking, the defensive AI is too simple on top player. When attacking players receive very easily between the lines, then 1-2 with another player and your 1v1 with a keeper that doesn't want to rush out. Works most of the time. This game quickly losing its appeal.

Quick question. By the time i bought pes18 it was around March this year so most of the patching was done, and i thought it was very very good.

I am curious, as this is the first time since pes6 i have bought on release day, what are they like when it comes to patching? Do they do it regular or is it 1 patch and done.

Just hope we arent waiting months for the potential AI fix

I'm in the same boat as you. It's the most unintuitive mess ive ever played!

How do you get the number in the blue shield up?
That's the team spirit. Play players in their natural positions, allow them to adjust with the team and also, don't exceed the manager cost.

I was the same last year, guys. This whole myClub is some crazy shit. Now I know what my father must have been thinking when mobile phones were invented..
I recommend playing Divisions. Just pick your team and off you go. No messing. Thats what I did last year if it comes to online play.
Might give this a go as well. Cheers.

Thanks! Didn't know pushing the LS diagonal down(left or right) can do wonders on free kicks.
In Pes2018, I only push either left or right.

Yep, works in 2018 too. With a decent FK taker it feels a bit too easy on 2019 from within 25 or so yards. Haven't scored one like yours though!

That's the team spirit. Play players in their natural positions, allow them to adjust with the team and also, don't exceed the manager cost.

So if I get players in the right place or retrain them into the right position, I will get to 100 after playing some games?

Also, why can't I change formation?

So if I get players in the right place or retrain them into the right position, I will get to 100 after playing some games?

Also, why can't I change formation?
To change formations, you need to change your manager. Haven't gone above 97 Team Spirit myself. Playing players with good chemistry together helps too. Like Messi and Suarez, Bonucci and Chiellini.

What a bummer to hear about the low cross being an issue. I will keep an eye out for this more often as tbh, I never really noticed it, but I did not play a lot of the demo to compare. Can anyone list out the teams they face against when the CPU does this more than 5x in a match?

Also, I tried to adjust everything under the sun to get the GK to rush out, but to no avail. From attributes, positions, skills, styles, com styles, formations, the works - literally nothing got the keeper to rush out. There are still a couple things I want to test, but overall, it's a glitch to me. It may be design to prevent chipped shots or whatever, but it's a flaw - therefore a glitch, to me.

I'm personally enjoying the game a lot. Positioning is where I've always wanted it. I like Top Player and at least 20 mins match time. I'll be trying some formation adjustments as well, not to mention support settings, to see just how far the game can be improved.

Planning a stream later today (USA, cst, time) and will post if that's okay. I think, as a base, the game is better than 16 thru 18, but as always, there is something off the mark with PES from the start.

I've played 70+ matches now with the full release and no matter the team, this is the CPU's go-to attack, making up I'd say 90% of their truly threatening scoring opportunities. I do see different approaches in build up play, but once they're in the final third, it's pretty much all the same: ball to wing and low cross.

I've seen one long shot by the CPU - it was by Griezmann and I remember it because I was shocked - and only a handful of headers. Like someone else mentioned above, players like Hazard are nothing like the real thing - you rarely see skilled dribblers taking you on and rarely do they do much in the way of feints and skill moves.

But the defensive AI is just as bad. All this talk about the low cross and lack of variety in CPU attacking play ignores some major flaws in the defensive AI. It's interesting that you mention the better positioning because it seems like the positioning and tactical instructions are still overriding contextual decision making.

For example, here's a video where I'm dribbling down the wing and CPU midfielder begins to track me but then just stops, as if bound by his position:

Here's one that I can't explain. I have the ball on the wing and the CPU defenders aren't bothered to close me down:

Here's another one in which the defender just stops and allows my winger to dribble by:

And speaking of low crosses, one of the reasons the CPU scores so many is because of poor marking. Here's Van Dijk - one of the highest rated CBs in the game - make the baffling decision to stop and watch the cross go to the striker rather than react:

Also, I know that you said positioning is better in 19 but the backline defending is so concerned with dropping deep that not only do they make it easy to clear the ball to an open attacker, but the entire backline often won't bother to close down until you dribble to the box:

Don't get me wrong - I'm enjoying the game. There's so much it gets right. But I don't imagine this lasting long if the AI is not fixed because between the CPU attacking AI and the general defensive AI, this is some of the worst I can remember from PES. And these defensive problems I'm seeing, this is like FIFA 15 all over again.

Quick question. By the time i bought pes18 it was around March this year so most of the patching was done, and i thought it was very very good.

I am curious, as this is the first time since pes6 i have bought on release day, what are they like when it comes to patching? Do they do it regular or is it 1 patch and done.

Just hope we arent waiting months for the potential AI fix

Pes 2018 gameplay patches "was like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get" and I expect 2019 patches will be the same.

To change formations, you need to change your manager. Haven't gone above 97 Team Spirit myself. Playing players with good chemistry together helps too. Like Messi and Suarez, Bonucci and Chiellini.

If I want to.switch formation at half time, is that possible? Say if things aren't going well, I might want to go all out with a 3atb?

Is a high team spirit possible with players from different leagues mashed together? Will they develop a good spirit overtime regardless orlf their nationality/club or will it be capped?

Shout out to Mr @Filippo-Inzaghi
Yeah she only works in CPH.
They acctually have it here in Elgiganten for 199:-.
But since she was there she got it at Fields.
Read your take on D2,that was my main issue not getting it.
But now that I have guess it's Ligue1 for me and my ML
Thanx for the tip on it

Of course guys. We are here to help each other. Maybe the price is reflecting the product.. ;-)

Well I will not be that much in here from now. One thing is for sure. I will not enjoy the game more if I follow this thread. So much negativity - and its probably right. But the thing is. I wouldn't have seen 50% of it myself.

Maybe if I do I will come back and complain with the rest of you :D

If I want to.switch formation at half time, is that possible? Say if things aren't going well, I might want to go all out with a 3atb?

Is a high team spirit possible with players from different leagues mashed together? Will they develop a good spirit overtime regardless orlf their nationality/club or will it be capped?
You can change player positions, like LMF to CMF, RB to CB etc. but you can't change the base formation. 4-2-1-3 can become 4-3-3, but not 4-5-1 or 4-4-2.

Yes, they will develop over time.

They only get to play a few games and that too mostly with other users. It takes time to notice stuff.
Not that much time reading this forum! I bet they would be shit scared to let someone sit down and play against the ai for a couple of hours at one of these pes days. The limited time allowed, for a single player, to try the demo gameplay is also highly suspicious to me. I think this game has been released too early, and the single player ai is not complete. They would rather disappoint single players than the people that play myclub and pump more money in to the franchise. This is the way things are now, unfortunately.

Hello guys!
Long time lurker here and on wenb. Finally registered. I feel that PES 19 gameplay is better than the last few iterations but severely lacks in soo many other ways. MyClub can be fun but now they have included the feature players so people with coins can go crazy now and keep more players. So it's kind of becoming ridiculous.

I have never spent a penny and it can be loads of fun. A better filter system and a better scout system is definitely needed though.

Back
Top Bottom