PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Gulag for you Komrade!:R1

Guess I'm the only one left.:LOL:

Still not buying it either, more so after reading all the tragic problems IA still has offline. At this point it's more about personal dignity than else, I won't gift them money for this level of care about the stuff I find important.. and no, playing online isn't a cure for demented AI, no thanks :) .

Shout out to Mr @Filippo-Inzaghi
Yeah she only works in CPH.
They acctually have it here in Elgiganten for 199:-.
But since she was there she got it at Fields.
Read your take on D2,that was my main issue not getting it.
But now that I have guess it's Ligue1 for me and my ML
Thanx for the tip on it

Maybe not a keeper afterall:BOP:

Nah just kidding, she's Swedish so I bet she's gorgeous and she must be nice to have bought you PES!

On another note I actually kind of like what they did with the Danish Superliga (dispite not one single real stadium and the generic players), but I'm still gutted that my team (Lyngby) were relegated last year so I can't play with them (for other obvious reasons as well)!

I've started a league with Vendsyssel, one of the teams promoted and those who beat my Lyngby, because I thought it would be a fun challenge since they are one of the lesser teams but have an offensive style and technical players.
So far I'm not doing well at all. After 1-1 vs big team FC Copenhagen in the opener I've had all defeats and a couple of draws. This is on PA1, advanced shooting and Superstar btw, and apart from a couple of instances the AI is not too super human with it's passing game, and at the end of matches when players are low on stamina they really start to misplace passes and shots - both me and CPU, which is very nice.

I'm doing better in the cup though where I won the first two games and reached the semi finals, and those 2 games played out great and intence! However, and this is when I though about the division 2 situation, the experience is a bit flat when the cup only consist of teams from the league and when you start the cup with the round of 16.

I wonder if the semis will play out as two legged games as they do in the real Danish cup, but I'm not holding my breath as they managed to F up the fact that the one legged cup matches should by played on one of the participating teams' home ground and NOT on a neutral stadium:RANT:

Anyway, I look forward to your views on the game as well Rock, when you get around to playing it.

I'm enjoying the game for the most part. Started an ML with Man Red (on PC, so haven't seen any OFs out there yet). My only gripes are two things mentioned here, the low cross ai spam and the goalkeepers syayins put under goal. I'd be very happy if those two things got fixed.

You can put PS4 OF on a Pc

Yes.

Everytime I change it to what I want the game swaps two players in another phase.

I can't get what I want in all three phases.

I'll post some screenshots later.

The reason this happens is that people don't drag players around, instead they click to swap their position with another player which results in them being swapped in all the other phases. I'll try to explain what I mean -

(excuse the quality)

In Pic 1 I have Fekir as an AMF and Edmundo as CMF whilst in possession but I would like Fekir to drop back when out of possession and Edmundo to stay up the pitch (see pic2). To make this work it would make sense to simply click on both players to swap them around but that will just swap them around in Pic 1 in-possession. Instead, on the out-of possession screen you have to drag Edmundo up the pitch (out of the way) so that you can then drag Fekir back into the area vacated. Then you can drag Edmundo into the more advanced position. It gets especially confusing if you want completely different formations as that can mess with the players' 'default' positions even more. When I start a new formation using fluid I generally copy just one formation across all 3 (kick-off, 'in' and 'out') and then just drag players about accordingly to avoid any cross contamination. I hope this helps and I haven't got the wrong end of the stick! (It might help someone out anyway!)

Pic 1
iZps5bg.jpg

Pic 2

Dkf2Xpt.jpg

Well, my first game in the ML after moving down to Professional was a sigh of relief. Manual shots felt great as well, with the keeper having a hard time saving some instead of just standing there and grabbing them as they usually did. Ended up winning Fiorentina 3-2. I am going to have to train hard for those headers though, my players wouldn't even be arsed to jump for them.

It's only taken me 24 hours to have the first pangs of buyers regret :LOL:

Low cross
Low cross
Low cross
Low cross
Low cross etc

Playing my 4th game today against this pathetic excuse for AI... and I switched it off :BRICK:

Playing with people, yeah it sux but how about playing with some of the old cranky bastards in here? We are barely people anyway. Shouldn't be too hard to set something up.

I will make sure making L1+triangle all over the match, and rage quit when it's 0-3, cutting my micro off. If i score, be sure i'll make a long ennoying, or disturbing celebration.

No, seriously that's a very good idea but don't know which one here plays on PS4 or PC or XOne. I could open a thread but couldn't updating the first post for the moment...
In fact i need to study for a double exam (well at 36 years old, have restarted studies two years ago, third year coming) and even posting on this forums shouldn't be allowed to me, but i can't resist

Last edited:
I’ve played a lot of games now - and have Daymos option file on - us Xbox1x users are completely shafted - and the AI is awful. Worst ever (I didn’t play 17 & 18)
I spend 90% of my time defending low crosses to the near post. Game after game.
Really hope they sort this as it’s wearing thin after 2 days.
I’m really fucked off that playing against players like Hazard - isn’t like playing v Hazard. All he does in game is stick to flank for that low cross. He isn’t coming deep, he isn’t running at me, not taking anyone on. That’s so disappointing.
The game looks stunning, nets amazing, passing is lovely, ball physics great, human v human is superb but....
The AI is like that good looking girl whose georgeous but when you get to know her she’s a pig.
Real shame.

Anyone have unlocked "legendary" and give a try? At least for PA1 players.
Last year, practically impossible to play manual on legendary level, it was already hard on superstar... But playable on PA1

What a bummer to hear about the low cross being an issue. I will keep an eye out for this more often as tbh, I never really noticed it, but I did not play a lot of the demo to compare. Can anyone list out the teams they face against when the CPU does this more than 5x in a match?

Also, I tried to adjust everything under the sun to get the GK to rush out, but to no avail. From attributes, positions, skills, styles, com styles, formations, the works - literally nothing got the keeper to rush out. There are still a couple things I want to test, but overall, it's a glitch to me. It may be design to prevent chipped shots or whatever, but it's a flaw - therefore a glitch, to me.

I'm personally enjoying the game a lot. Positioning is where I've always wanted it. I like Top Player and at least 20 mins match time. I'll be trying some formation adjustments as well, not to mention support settings, to see just how far the game can be improved.

Planning a stream later today (USA, cst, time) and will post if that's okay. I think, as a base, the game is better than 16 thru 18, but as always, there is something off the mark with PES from the start.

Kicked it up a notch. Playing Manual passing and Advanced shooting with the Keyboard on the demo. AC Milan only had 69% pass completion against me. That's a positive. Feels very good when you take your time but the AI often tempts you make lose your patience and go sprinting all over the field. And that's when it capitalizes.

I think the game holds up very good when played with friends. But single player? It's shit. Fucking shit.

Couldn’t agree......more.
I’ve seen so me of the horror shows in the ML on twitter which means I won’t bother to start one.
West Ham sold 11 players in one guys master league. Complete joke.

What a bummer to hear about the low cross being an issue. I will keep an eye out for this more often as tbh, I never really noticed it, but I did not play a lot of the demo to compare. Can anyone list out the teams they face against when the CPU does this more than 5x in a match?

Also, I tried to adjust everything under the sun to get the GK to rush out, but to no avail. From attributes, positions, skills, styles, com styles, formations, the works - literally nothing got the keeper to rush out. There are still a couple things I want to test, but overall, it's a glitch to me. It may be design to prevent chipped shots or whatever, but it's a flaw - therefore a glitch, to me.

I'm personally enjoying the game a lot. Positioning is where I've always wanted it. I like Top Player and at least 20 mins match time. I'll be trying some formation adjustments as well, not to mention support settings, to see just how far the game can be improved.

Planning a stream later today (USA, cst, time) and will post if that's okay. I think, as a base, the game is better than 16 thru 18, but as always, there is something off the mark with PES from the start.

I can’t beleive that all these people who were invited to play the game a few weeks ago didn’t notice the AI belting in 20 low crosses per match and that when your 1v1 v keeper he sticks to his line.

Are they really that blind to the Pes series...?

There’s so much to enjoy in this game but it’s riuned by dumb AI.

I can’t beleive that all these people who were invited to play the game a few weeks ago didn’t notice the AI belting in 20 low crosses per match and that when your 1v1 v keeper he sticks to his line.

They only get to play a few games and that too mostly with other users. It takes time to notice stuff.

They were playing each other!

Playing BAL this morning. Tightly contested match between AGF, who I play for, and Midtjylland. Went down 1-0 but managed to tie it up.

Approaching the end of the match, this happens:

https://streamable.com/hw7x6

Luckily it didn't cost me the 3 points but come on. AI, teammate and opposition, needs to be more decisive in these situations because I've seen this happen a few times now.

Right. Just had a quick match to check OF.
Man Utd - Borussia.
15 mins, Top player, manual passing, basic shots.

Game actually felt slower than demo! Most likely coz I played in random weather and it picked snow. But I went to check the speed coz I thought I was on -2.
So speed will have to be tested later.
Overall very good game, very enjoyable. I was loosing 1-0 and won 2-1 at the end.
I was prepared for AI wing fetish, so I was blocking and securing wings at the back. That forced them to look for alternatives. They played quite a decent football I must say. Some chipped passes, clever runs, not much ping pong at all.
I dont know, I will have to play more games to address people complaints herw, but for the moment it really plays a nice and realistic football comparing to 18. I didnt like movements and animations on 18.
We are all complaining about wing attacks, but on pes18 after a while 9/10 goals were crosses from the wing. So Im happy that headers were nerfed. I had a savage diving header, but keeper saved it. So it is possible to put a power behind them.
Im really happy so far..
To be continued..

I started a ML with Dijon. Got beat three in a row my PSG, LYON then Neice. But since then I have gone on a winning streak and dominated lesser teams. Julio Tavares looks and plays like the guy in real life, from what I have seen of him. When you are looking at player stats and it has those pages that are showing you which tactics is best suited for this player, it seems every player has the same numbers.... anyone else notice this..

Ahh I might use them in ML .was in Dijon last year with work so went to a game very enjoyable

Right. Just had a quick match to check OF.
Man Utd - Borussia.
15 mins, Top player, manual passing, basic shots.

Game actually felt slower than demo! Most likely coz I played in random weather and it picked snow. But I went to check the speed coz I thought I was on -2.
So speed will have to be tested later.
Overall very good game, very enjoyable. I was loosing 1-0 and won 2-1 at the end.
I was prepared for AI wing fetish, so I was blocking and securing wings at the back. That forced them to look for alternatives. They played quite a decent football I must say. Some chipped passes, clever runs, not much ping pong at all.
I dont know, I will have to play more games to address people complaints herw, but for the moment it really plays a nice and realistic football comparing to 18. I didnt like movements and animations on 18.
We are all complaining about wing attacks, but on pes18 after a while 9/10 goals were crosses from the wing. So Im happy that headers were nerfed. I had a savage diving header, but keeper saved it. So it is possible to put a power behind them.
Im really happy so far..
To be continued..

I agree, I have been thinking about it more now... perhaps the wing spam is down to most users subconsciously defending through the middle forcing the AI to spam the wings.

However that still doesn't explain a player going through on goal to not shoot then turn around and try a low cross.

Well, my first game in the ML after moving down to Professional was a sigh of relief. Manual shots felt great as well, with the keeper having a hard time saving some instead of just standing there and grabbing them as they usually did. Ended up winning Fiorentina 3-2. I am going to have to train hard for those headers though, my players wouldn't even be arsed to jump for them.
will try professional myself. Hit me with the bad news though, was wing play and low cross spam still glaringly evident.

Or less of an issue...

will try professional myself. Hit me with the bad news though, was wing play and low cross spam still glaringly evident.

Or less of an issue...

Still very evident, their two goals being prime examples. But being able to defend it better and well, actually winning the match made things slightly better.

Lets blame on Matt all the low crossess and GK bugs. Konami fixed the positioning for him and ended up messing up these two things. Plus the Leicester ML issue is on you buddy then!!!

:P

Playing BAL this morning. Tightly contested match between AGF, who I play for, and Midtjylland. Went down 1-0 but managed to tie it up.

Approaching the end of the match, this happens:

https://streamable.com/hw7x6

Luckily it didn't cost me the 3 points but come on. AI, teammate and opposition, needs to be more decisive in these situations because I've seen this happen a few times now.
Yeh, that is horrific and happened to me a few times. Salah was one yesterday but he turned round and passed it out to the wing. Dybala was another who did the same. I've still yet to have a shot against me outside the box

Back
Top Bottom