PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Guys just do yourself a favour and switch to online (but only with PA0 of course).
You will have really good and fun games there with a great variety of different opponents and attacking styles.
Who wants to play this limited "always does the same attack" AI when you can have real opponents?!
Not possible. Trust me, once you pass the age of about 40, you won't to play anything online.

You can update a demo? At least i didn´t get a notification on PS4.

Anyhow, I switched between PES2019 and PES2018 yesterday with same teams, gameplay on PES2019 still feels a good tad slower.
Tbh, I don't know...but almost everyone noticed the gameplay changed in the Demo.
They all have the same observation: Plays much faster. Easier. Plays almost like PES2018.

Are all the squads now updated with the summer transfers or at least the transfer that occurred prior to a couple of weeks ago?

Also, the r2 curling placement shot is still broken when on shooting on full manual. Still starts off well wider than your intended shot, based on the L2 arrow aimer. R2 is however better when not using the L2 arrow.. but still broken in my view. Kinda weird how this has been the case for last 2-3 years..not sure why.. surely they know that it works this way. weird.

This is why I use Advanced Shooting online. Fuma- puritans might not like it but the damn R2 IS broken.

Are all the squads now updated with the summer transfers or at least the transfer that occurred prior to a couple of weeks ago?
Up to date as of 23 August, I believe.

Window closes today so I imagine we'll have them updated again next week via Live Update.

This
OK I wasn't going to buy the game but after a little talk with Juce I decided I HAD to buy it or else it would be disrespectful to one of the best modders to ever grace this game.

but you disrespected yourself and the community by giving in and also disrespected the opinions of (some of) the community??

i'm playing devils advocate here but my point is you should have held off if you weren't certain. every sale is a tick. every tick means less changes for the future, i think.

the way i see my standing is that by NOT buying PES 2019, i am supporting the franchise....if you get me

(as you know by now i bought lots of PES copies before but I conclude that that method is pointless to get PES' problems sorted)

Game pace on the demo was much better than it is in the final product. It’s too fast now. -1 feels like a slow-mo.

Even -2 is faster than reality regarding player movement.

Even in my first game one the PES2019 demo this game was fast, but no as fast as PES2018. And that didn´t change - or they secretly patched PES2018 too.

but you disrespected yourself and the community by giving in and also disrespected the opinions of (some of) the community??

i'm playing devils advocate here but my point is you should have held off if you weren't certain. every sale is a tick. every tick means less changes for the future, i think.

the way i see my standing is that by NOT buying PES 2019, i am supporting the franchise....if you get me

(as you know by now i bought lots of PES copies before but I conclude that that method is pointless to get PES' problems sorted)

Yeah man, thanks for your input.
It was a real struggle with myself. Believe me.
I know you're probably were just trying to be funny but I don't really see how am I being disrespectful towards the community by buying it?. Surely not.

So why are PS4 guys said they felt the gameplay changed. Placebo maybe haha!

I didn't feel any change personally. I had one match, after a week or so, where it felt super quick but I put that down to the difficulty level and maybe even the pitch conditions. My ps4 didn't register an update so it must have been very sneaky if it did happen!

The speed of the retail version is no different than the demo. No for me anyway.

Also, they added 63 new faces in the opening day DLC. I just wish they'd stop updating Neymar, Pogba, Greizmann, ect... There's 1000's of generic players that need faces. But, saying that, Twitter is full of people banging on about haircuts and tattoos.... :/

If they tweaked responsiveness that will seem like they have tweaked the pace. Ive heard from many people that it feels smoother and more responsive. Which is a good thing. But that might lead to the feeling of faster gameplay, which in fact - it aint.
More smooth and more responsive might only lead to better/faster passing. If you still play build up/posession game, or if you play on manual - it shouldnt feel different.
Anyhow - this is just me analizing different opinions and first impressions from people I know or follow.
I shall be testing it myself tonight as I didnt get a chance to kick the game of just yet.

Up to date as of 23 August, I believe.

Window closes today so I imagine we'll have them updated again next week via Live Update.

If you play an offline competition, no transferupdates. Big fail for me. If you play an excebition match they are updated.

Worst AI in history of sports games. Here I said it. I haven’t been this frustrated in a long while, the AI just spams with low crosses, with boring passing routines, and they move in circles. A large portion of goals conceded came from low crosses and some ping pong pass to the goal. Also there is no 50-50 headers near goal, it’s like impossible. It’s mostly weak headers. In the demo it was a different story.

Worst AI in history of sports games. Here I said it. I haven’t been this frustrated in a long while, the AI just spams with low crosses, with boring passing routines, and they move in circles. A large portion of goals conceded came from low crosses and some ping pong pass to the goal. Also there is no 50-50 headers near goal, it’s like impossible. It mostly weak headers. In the demo it was a different story.
Yeh, the AI is so broken.

Placebo is a powerful thing.

Do you know how the placebo effect works, don't you?.
In order for a 'placebo' to even exist, there must be something that starts it. Like a claim. A statement. Something.
I went from the demo, to the full game, expecting the same pace, same gameplay.

So no, no placebo here.

Not possible. Trust me, once you pass the age of about 40, you won't to play anything online.

Im 37 and Im not an online player either. Other thing that I notice is that they nurfed the no touch dribble on PES 2019. You just cant wrong foot your maker like in PES2018, am I right? Damn man, I love dribbling on 2018.

For those playing offline: don't use Rivalries! They make gameplay 100mph end-to-end fest. Stupid addition.

If I wasn't lazy I'd remove them all.

Look at this

This is the huge issue with Pes 2019 offensive CPU.

Yeah I've seen a few bad ones. The 2 worst happened in the same match. First one I played the CF in and he immediately passed it back to me. Second one I played him in, he sprints to the ball, gets it in the box, basically jogs and turns away from goal before eventually passing it to the right back. It makes BAL frustrating at times

Meanwhile the opposition, while creating chances, struggles to score at times because they refuse to shoot even in the box.

On a French forum there was lots of people claiming the game was faster in release version.

You could almost believe it was a general consensus.

We ran a poll and asked if they felt a change. 90% replied no change.

The silent majority effect...

Fluid Formations still doesn't work properly.

It still doesn't let you position players where you want for each phase, thus defeating the purpose of a fluid formation.

On a French forum there was lots of people claiming the game was faster in release version.

You could almost believe it was a general consensus.

We ran a poll and asked if they felt a change. 90% replied no change.

The silent majority effect...
I swear some people want it to be faster so they have something to complain about.

Back
Top Bottom