PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I would call that an issue if the attacker was just about to enter the penalty area. Its obvious that the defender is about to catch the attacker in this situation. So the options are :
1. Protect the ball from the defender
2. Pass the ball to closest teammate.
3. Run to the goal with the risk of being intercepted.

I think most people would be screaming, 'why did you stop??'. At the very least you would expect him to pass immediately to the guy in the middle but to stop and turn around is crazy, imo. There are so many times that this happens a lot closer to the goal anyway.

I started a ML with Dijon. Got beat three in a row my PSG, LYON then Neice. But since then I have gone on a winning streak and dominated lesser teams. Julio Tavares looks and plays like the guy in real life, from what I have seen of him. When you are looking at player stats and it has those pages that are showing you which tactics is best suited for this player, it seems every player has the same numbers.... anyone else notice this..

Guys just do yourself a favour and switch to online (but only with PA0 of course).
You will have really good and fun games there with a great variety of different opponents and attacking styles.
Who wants to play this limited "always does the same attack" AI when you can have real opponents?!

That's a lot of faces they need to update. I saw a post saying all these licensed leagues are showing fake generic faces.

Then even the face of partner club like Barca' s Arthur still generic.

I've keep boasting to FIFA folks that PES18 has more real faces than FIFA 18 and i am hopeful that's still be the case for PES2019.

For me, a "generic" face is a face who isn't done at all, like when you create a player from scratch.
That's what you mean? Or just face made with the In Game editor but not "real" faces? For me that's not what i call generic. The first generic meaning is unplayable, the second meaning is playable and totally understable for lower teams + the fact that the real first DLC with finished transfers isn't done yet.

I've seen some issue with players face undone at all (from scratch, well "generic") in my opinion on many teams before the datapack in Russia league lower team (checked Krysla, Orenburg, and some others teams in others leagues), but now it seems corrected with the IG editor. That's way more sufficient for being playable.

In my point of view, totally real faces for many not very well known players is more like a bonus...

It's kinda... Kinda sad to see how Konami are trying to copy EA.
In the beginning, MyClub was something different, something unique. Now it's just a cheap FUT knockoff. Cards, the special cards with the player rejoicing, legends... Sad indeed.

And by the way, what are the players choosing according to you? The "original" FUT (not that FUT is anything like it was at the beginning anymore, but this is a different story) or this?
MyClub should've stayed like it was in the past.

In my opinion, it shouldn't even have been introduced... But I'm an offline player and I'm too nostalgic at times.

Dafuq, there's two versions of some players? I think now we can see a player Live Update stats, or like in FUT gold version:

Ziyech normal version
http://www.pesmaster.com/h-ziyech/pes-2019/player/47002/
Ziyech boosted version
http://www.pesmaster.com/h-ziyech/pes-2019/player/1095578/

Giovanni Simeone normal version
http://www.pesmaster.com/g-simeone/pes-2019/player/60694/
Giovanni Simeone boosted version
http://www.pesmaster.com/g-simeone/pes-2019/player/1109270/

The boosted players are related Featured Players (Team Of the Week) to MyClub.
I've got Giovanni Simeone, 93 OVR in MyClub and his Card is green.
So it's not related to any offline mode :-)

Ball feels lighter and so do the players to me and the ball doesn't feel as free.

This

Hey Guys,

I'm a bit surprised that nobody on the forum seems to notice (or bother) that the game was sped up BIG TIME! in comparison to the demo.

And this!

I'm very surprised there haven't been enough complaints about this!
OK I wasn't going to buy the game but after a little talk with Juce I decided I HAD to buy it or else it would be disrespectful to one of the best modders to ever grace this game.
So, as soon as I downloaded it and installed it, and got the OF working, I played my first game and it was like instantly noticeable how it felts quicker, snappier, less free, less heavy. All negatives btw. It felt more like PES 2018 than ever.
And I've been reading y'all since the 28th but not enough of you talked about it! Certainly not the most respected members of this community. It bugs me. Specially because this is exactly what has been happening for as long as I can remember. Yet most of you seem to cope fine with it.

Anyone else finding it easy to run along the wings against the AI, seems like a similar problem to what was happening in 2017

All you do is go down the wing near the touch line in a straight line and they won’t touch you

Yes, me! Just like in 2018.

I played about 4 games before going to sleep, all on Top Player. Won 3, and drew 1. I could barely win on the Demo under the same circumstances (Exhibition game, Top Player, etc). So... not only is the final game a little quicker, but it's also a little easier. At least for me.

I really think we need to make some noise about the low cross spamming AI. I got through the monotonous behaviour of the AI last year but this is way worse. Konami did manage to fix the infamous green zone bug back in the day so I am not entirely pessimistic that we are stuck with this. But noise needs to be made.

It's kinda... Kinda sad to see how Konami are trying to copy EA.
In the beginning, MyClub was something different, something unique. Now it's just a cheap FUT knockoff. Cards, the special cards with the player rejoicing, legends... Sad indeed.

And by the way, what are the players choosing according to you? The "original" FUT (not that FUT is anything like it was at the beginning anymore, but this is a different story) or this?
MyClub should've stayed like it was in the past.

In my opinion, it shouldn't even have been introduced... But I'm an offline player and I'm too nostalgic at times.

Actually it’s much better than before. I don’t know what was unique about it before, more like how boring it was. MyClub this year has players levels where you can boost their stats, take some of the weaker or players you don’t want and use them to boost one of your chosen player. Something fifa doesn’t have. If you get three similar players you get some kind gift or some shit like that. Those high rated players are based on weekly performance which is different than it is in fifa I think.

I'm thinking starting updating my EDIT file however a tad concern about duplicate players.

If I update English Premier League, EFL Championship, Juventus, should I be concern applying OF which removes duplicate players?

Taking example of Kelechi Iheanacho; there's 2 of them:
  1. Leicester City
  2. Nigeria
Normally OF makers would utilize Leicester's Iheanacho and remove Nigeria's Iheanacho?

Well, about likenesses and faces, we've got to wait for a "true" first datapack, made for the current season.
It's only the 31 august, the DLC was released yesterday. Transfers aren't finished, and the time to build an send the Datapack takes more time that a simple live update.
Nothing unusual, and i said that not in a "bad way".

That's the price to pay for having the game ASAP on the marketplace. But we could play one month in advance.
Exactly.

Just opened the transfer market news on the first day of the window -
Man city have sold Fernandinho, Laporte, Otamendi and Walker. Leicester have sold 11 players, West ham 9, both selling a lot of their best 11 or new signings. Southampton 9 and Watford 7. Those are the big ones.

"Transfers are fixed"! If only they could take inspiration from a game that had a transfer frequency option in the mode setup. I feel like there was a game like that once, a long time ago...

People saying "just play online", I refuse to play online when a fair match is not guaranteed. If you play full manual you will face people using assisted shooting and through balls, if you play PA1 you will face people cheating with PA2/3. I won't ever consider online until they sort out this farce of a system.

What's up with these new licensed league's...... most of the player faces are generic and lot's of them don't even have a photo? WTF konami

I thought they were going to town on this, are there any plans to update because most teams from this these new league's are just a bunch of stock player builds/faces in licensed kits. It' embarrassing.
They will update them in DLC's. They added so many new leagues at once its clearly created a massive work load for them. Last year, the gameplan thumbnails were updated in the thousands.

Where can we find the Japanese commentary? I can’t hear the English and Greek anymore.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread.

This

And this!

I'm very surprised there haven't been enough complaints about this!
OK I wasn't going to buy the game but after a little talk with Juce I decided I HAD to buy it or else it would be disrespectful to one of the best modders to ever grace this game.
So, as soon as I downloaded it and installed it, and got the OF working, I played my first game and it was like instantly noticeable how it felts quicker, snappier, less free, less heavy. All negatives btw. It felt more like PES 2018 than ever.
And I've been reading y'all since the 28th but not enough of you talked about it! Certainly not the most respected members of this community. It bugs me. Specially because this is exactly what has been happening for as long as I can remember. Yet most of you seem to cope fine with it.
I've played the demo then the full game back to back because I've read the game was sped up, but I honestly saw none of it. I made sure I chose the same speed, same teams, same stadium and same options. No difference, to me. No conspiracy or anything.

Guys just do yourself a favour and switch to online (but only with PA0 of course).
You will have really good and fun games there with a great variety of different opponents and attacking styles.
Who wants to play this limited "always does the same attack" AI when you can have real opponents?!
fine with offline.. this year the AI plays different and is not that repetitive compared to previous versions. Some people talking about low crosses AI but i have experienced that much at all as strange as it sounds.

I've played the demo then the full game back to back because I've read the game was sped up, but I honestly saw none of it. I made sure I chose the same speed, same teams, same stadium and same options. No difference, to me. No conspiracy or anything.

Could just be a matter of PS4 - PC thing then.
It was pretty much right there on my face from the start of the first game of the full game.

Could just be a matter of PS4 - PC thing then.
It was pretty much right there on my face from the start of the first game of the full game.
Maybe. Don't know. Is it the same experience with all PC guys from the PC thread?

A couple of things.. both for ps4 and pc versions, I found that the daytime grass looked horrible.. so bright and washed out.. not green enough. Simple fix for me was putting contrast to 60, and smashing brightness levels all the way down to 20. For me it looks so much better :) Almost like using a reshader. .. but yeah also totally depends on your tv settings etc.

Also, the r2 curling placement shot is still broken when on shooting on full manual. Still starts off well wider than your intended shot, based on the L2 arrow aimer. R2 is however better when not using the L2 arrow.. but still broken in my view. Kinda weird how this has been the case for last 2-3 years..not sure why.. surely they know that it works this way. weird.

Apart from that, brilliant game. Despite the flaws, it is the best PES to date.. off to play ps4 version :)

I've played the demo then the full game back to back because I've read the game was sped up, but I honestly saw none of it. I made sure I chose the same speed, same teams, same stadium and same options. No difference.
The demo has been updated before the final game is released. Many people noticed it's faster and plays like pes2018 after the update.
Looks like the demo has been updated to make it play similar to the retail version.

The demo has been updated before the final game is released. Many people noticed it's faster and plays like pes2018 after the update.
Looks like the demo has been updated to make it play similar to the retail version.
Really? My demo says Version 1.00 :/

I really think we need to make some noise about the low cross spamming AI. I got through the monotonous behaviour of the AI last year but this is way worse. Konami did manage to fix the infamous green zone bug back in the day so I am not entirely pessimistic that we are stuck with this. But noise needs to be made.
Surely Konami must know how bad it is?

You can update a demo? At least i didn´t get a notification on PS4.

Anyhow, I switched between PES2019 and PES2018 yesterday with same teams, gameplay on PES2019 still feels a good tad slower.

gameplay issues that need to be addressed asap
1. weak foot accuracy needs to be completely nerfed
2. cpu ai only seem to score via a low cross into the box and slotting it in. where are the headers and attempts from outside the box from the cpu?
3. cpu never take on defenders 1 on 1 or go on a solo dribbling runs eg players like messi, coutinho etc etc
4. way too easy to score free kicks.
5. 99% of the time cpu ai gk stays rooted when facing a 1 on 1 ..they need to come out and challenge for the ball all the time in these situations

Yep, that's a good list and I'm glad someone else mentioned week foot accuracy. I'm playing as Liverpool and Salah shoots way too effectively with his right foot. It's not right.

The only other thing I'd add is tweaking fouls. I'm glad the CPU fouls but the refs call too many niggly fouls on the user, which is made all the worse by not calling advantage enough and the darn long PES replays of each bloody foul - there's too much stoppage of play. I've also lost a couple games because of super soft penalties called.

Back
Top Bottom