PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I'm enjoying the game for the most part. Started an ML with Man Red (on PC, so haven't seen any OFs out there yet). My only gripes are two things mentioned here, the low cross ai spam and the goalkeepers syayins put under goal. I'd be very happy if those two things got fixed.

It´s amazing what how depended my perception of game speed is from external circumstances. Playing last night on -2 was like pinball to me, so i fired up PES2018 for comparison (which was even faster). Also tried the demo before, but there game speed of demo and release seem to be the same (at least on -2 offline).

Giving the game a go before work this morning it was a joy, measured and very lifelike. I hope this is not down on my body being in the late 30s.

Haha I feel exactely the same way and I've felt it for a while now, that if I play late in the evening or in the night the game feels alot faster. Might be an age thing, I'm 35, and it's probably our brain telling us to go to bed:YAWN:

This

And this!

I'm very surprised there haven't been enough complaints about this!
OK I wasn't going to buy the game but after a little talk with Juce I decided I HAD to buy it or else it would be disrespectful to one of the best modders to ever grace this game.
So, as soon as I downloaded it and installed it, and got the OF working, I played my first game and it was like instantly noticeable how it felts quicker, snappier, less free, less heavy. All negatives btw. It felt more like PES 2018 than ever.
And I've been reading y'all since the 28th but not enough of you talked about it! Certainly not the most respected members of this community. It bugs me. Specially because this is exactly what has been happening for as long as I can remember. Yet most of you seem to cope fine with it.

Yes, me! Just like in 2018.

I played about 4 games before going to sleep, all on Top Player. Won 3, and drew 1. I could barely win on the Demo under the same circumstances (Exhibition game, Top Player, etc). So... not only is the final game a little quicker, but it's also a little easier. At least for me.
Gulag for you Komrade!:R1

Guess I'm the only one left.:LOL:

Wasn't gonna buy this game,for loads of reasons (D2 nr1) but my gf called me from Copenhagen since I was talking about how cheap it was across the bridge from me.
99 DKK (€12-13) so she bought it for me.
Not sure if I'll play it in the near future though,knee deep in my Pes 12/13 ML.
Shout-out to my Danish connection @Bonano

I only just realized that loosing 2nd division in Spain and Italy doesn't just affect guys who want to start a ML with teams from those divs, but also that it's a big loss when playing League mode/ML with 1st division teams, where it completely messes up the domestic cup:TD:

So Konami want to enhance ML by introducing new leagues and more players but at the same time cripple the mode by ruining domestic cups:DOH:

What happens for you because it works for me.

It works until I make a substitution and tweak player positions/roles.

I started with Dele (narrow left) and Eriksen (narrow right) playing off Kane, with Dele playing as a SS in possession, later in the second half I changed it to Son playing as the striker and Kane playing as a AMF (narrow right) with Eriksen slightly deeper (narrow left).

Now I'm left with Eriksen potentially playing as a CF in one of the phases, when I swap it around and try to correct it, that only ruins another phase, just like last year.

Yeah man, thanks for your input.
It was a real struggle with myself. Believe me.
I know you're probably were just trying to be funny but I don't really see how am I being disrespectful towards the community by buying it?. Surely not.

by "disrespecting the community" i mean you were on the fence about PES 2019 - so then keep listening to the community - when folks are praising PES then its time to buy. (i.e. your buying decision has taken into account the community's praise hence you respected their opinion).

you're a respectful member for the community - i think you care about PES - when you've gone and bought PES 2019 i feel like shouting "Man down!".

i'm just thinking that this cycle of buying what they're selling is never-ending and won't achieve what we're after.

Anyways, you buying PES 2019 is good in a way - I think you have similar ideas to what I want - hang in there, keep up with it and see if you can improve its direction. i think i've run out of patience.

If you play an offline competition, no transferupdates. Big fail for me. If you play an excebition match they are updated.
You need to select 'Apply Live Updates' on the 'Extras' tab on the home screen.

Do that and it applies transfers to all offline modes.

If you play an offline competition, no transferupdates. Big fail for me. If you play an excebition match they are updated.
That's odd, I played Liverpool ina an offline league after an update and it had transfers. Remember that you have to manually apply the update, it might do it automatically before exhibition matches.

I started with Dele (narrow left) and Eriksen (narrow right) playing off Kane, with Dele playing as a SS in possession, later in the second half I changed it to Son playing as the striker and Kane playing as a AMF (narrow right) with Eriksen slightly deeper (narrow left).

Now I'm left with Eriksen potentially playing as a CF in one of the phases, when I swap it around and try to correct it, that only ruins another phase, just like last year.

When you are changing things do you click and swap players or do you drag them around?

Last edited:
Surely Konami must know how bad it is?
I think they knew even before the demo was out. But they won't make an effort to fix it without plenty of complaints.
Would probably feel it best to ignore it altogether like so many other things that haven't been fixed through the years.

Wasn't gonna buy this game,for loads of reasons (D2 nr1) but my gf called me from Copenhagen since I was talking about how cheap it was across the bridge from me.
Not sure if I'll play it in the near future though,knee deep in my Pes 12/13 ML.

Buys you PES and she's Danish - sounds like a keeper:APPLAUD:

My old lady bought me the game last year as well apparently not realizing that I had already been playing it for months:JAY:

I gotta be honest though and pass on the props to @Filippo-Inzaghi who told me about the prize of the game:WORSHIP:

When you are changing things do you click and swap players or do you drag them around?

Both. It's more of a subtle change than a drastic one.

My issue is that the fluid formation is still restricted.

Both. It's more of a subtle change than a drastic one.

My issue is that the fluid formation is still restricted.

I'm slightly confused, are you saying that going from in-possession to out-of-possession that players end up in the wrong positions?

Buys you PES and she's Danish - sounds like a keeper:APPLAUD:

My old lady bought me the game last year as well apparently not realizing that I had already been playing it for months:JAY:

I gotta be honest though and pass on the props to @Filippo-Inzaghi who told me about the prize of the game:WORSHIP:
Shout out to Mr @Filippo-Inzaghi
Yeah she only works in CPH.
They acctually have it here in Elgiganten for 199:-.
But since she was there she got it at Fields.
Read your take on D2,that was my main issue not getting it.
But now that I have guess it's Ligue1 for me and my ML
Thanx for the tip on it

Let me know your thoughts when you get a chance to play it mate.
I'm the same due to obvious AI issues.

Gulag for you Komrade!:R1

Guess I'm the only one left.:LOL:
Nope. Still not bought it, and I used to get it on ps3 and ps4 every year. The way that they have treated off-line players recently is a disgrace, and unforgivable imo. I am not supporting a company that offers me a sub-standard gaming experience year after year. I want to be purchasing the finished, working product - not a half arsed, offline ai shit fest. I would rather piss forty quid up the wall thanks.

You need to make sure the players you switch around in "kick off" are in the same positions in on and off the ball.

Because when you use fluid formations if you play a Quaresma on the right and Babel on the left on all your initial fluid formations and then sub off Babel whilst looking at the kick off phase and switch the new player and Quaresma so now Quaresma is on the left.. in "in and out of possession" Quaresma is still on the right because you haven't changed it there also.

Last edited:
by "disrespecting the community" i mean you were on the fence about PES 2019 - so then keep listening to the community - when folks are praising PES then its time to buy

This is where you go wrong, buddy.
I didn't buy it because of other peoples opinions. Not at all. I bought it because, like I said, I had a chat with a one of the best modders who told me he was going to buy it because of a few reasons that got me thinking, those were probably the same reasons why I've been buying the game all along. So why stop now?. I'll end up getting it somewhere along the line anyways and I will enjoy it more or less like last year's version. It's Juce's fault, not mine.

Guess they don't deliver to Mars anyway :SMUG:
Digital downloads.:LOL:
c4a.gif

I'm slightly confused, are you saying that going from in-possession to out-of-possession that players end up in the wrong positions?

Yes.

You need to make sure the players you switch around in "kick off" are in the same positions in on and off the ball.

Because when you use fluid formations if you play a Quaresma on the right and Babel on the left on all your initial fluid formations and then sub off Babel whilst looking at the kick off phase and switch the new player and Quaresma so now Quaresma is on the left.. in "in and out of possession" Quaresma is still on the right because you haven't changed it there also.

Everytime I change it to what I want the game swaps two players in another phase.

I can't get what I want in all three phases.

I'll post some screenshots later.

Nope. Still not bought it, and I used to get it on ps3 and ps4 every year. The way that they have treated off-line players recently is a disgrace, and unforgivable imo. I am not supporting a company that offers me a sub-standard gaming experience year after year. I want to be purchasing the finished, working product - not a half arsed, offline ai shit fest. I would rather piss forty quid up the wall thanks.
I think the game holds up very good when played with friends. But single player? It's shit. Fucking shit.

Back
Top Bottom