PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

As said a few posts above, the game is great and we all want to love it but the attacking AI is a massive issue. And that Leicester screenshot is fcuking horrific. This does not only need patching, it needs patching like ASAP. Not in 1 month or 2 month... now. Stunning to look at, incredibly realistic feel... but broken under the hood at the mo. Without wanting to sound ignorant; i am guessing a fix would not be that hard.

I watched a stream earlier on a PES account and the guy playing reckoned maintenance is done every Thursday so they might make a few fixes then to gameplay... wont bank on it

Just fired up MyClub for the first time ever......god it's confusing to an old git Iike me!!

Gonna give this a whirl and see where it takes me, I always swore I'd never play it but I just can't stand the thought of playing ML with the A.i in it's current state. Hopefully konami can address some issues.

I don't intend on spending a single penny on coins so it should be quite the challenge, anyone got any tips? I'm absolutely lost with all the agents, auctions and contracts etc. I don't want a team full of superstars that's for sure.

There is no need to spend any additional penny in MyClub, I never have. There are enough opportunities to collect coins ingame eg login everyday to Myclub for next few days and u get 10000 coins everyday. I don't use auctions, tend to use agents or scouts to acquire players. Just started mine and really enjoying it after sorting out the initial bright pitch issue (adjusted the ingame brightness/contrast options). Its not a speed feast compared to the other games equivalent mode. Also you encounter different players who play different styles of football unlike the AI, which for me anyway makes it more interesting. :)

I don't know if anyone can use it but the code in my box is useless to me. It goes to the first person to tell me a joke that makes me laugh!

I don't know if anyone can use it but the code in my box is useless to me. It goes to the first person to tell me a joke that makes me laugh!
Try Konami. They always make me laugh with their quality of service and games.
Also, your code is tied to your PSN account.

I almost posted a caveat saying no konami jokes! You do have to laugh though. At least PA1 is free as a bird...

@its999maggle It can't be tied to my account because I haven't entered it anywhere. Are you saying that someone couldn't use another code if they've already used one? That's what I was wondering.

This game has successfully broken my spirit tonight. After 2 rough games away against AC Milan and Inter, my Parma finally stood a chance against a team I had not even heard of. Having a good grip of the game, I still couldn't score. A last minute perfect through pass, I was alone because the final defender had run into me and tripped. But wait, apparently that was a foul on my part, this guy running into me from behind. No elbow from me, nothing. I have moved from ML to playing Euro Cup with Iceland. Lost my first game against Portugal, 1-0. Bosnia up next. Final attempt to put at least a tiny mend on my soul. Need a win.

Ha ha yeah she's a looker mate!
Sounds like a challenge picking a smaller team,which is cool and the way it should be.

Should be a D2,adds to the experience, especially when playing cup games.
I knew going in to this (Pes 19) that Scotland/Denmark/Belgium doesn't have a fake league,which sucks,but not a deal-breaker,but for La Liga and Serie A thats complete madness.

Tough being relegated,my team was relegated in 2009 and spent five years in the Swedish S1,and almost got relegated in -11 to the third tier,one kick in the 96 Min saved us,and I was there,insane scenes!
Toughest part is visiting shit grounds,and having 20-25 k in our own ground,but at the same time that period gave us the platform to be strong now.
Being 2nd in the league,drawing the biggest crowd in Scandinavia,so we're really hopeful now,sometimes the club needs cleansing.
Your old player Rodic is doing well btw,only 3 games with us so far,but class player, especially when he's linking up with former team mate Djurdic!

Not having any preference on this game,didn't play the demo,so my experience will be Vs Pes 12/13/17.
But I'm looking fw to it mate,gonna give it a proper go next week,and hopefully some new smaller stadiums on a DLC in the future.
Hope your Lyngby gets promoted again.
Do they have the Superligaen logo when showing replays etc?

Yeah I knew as well that new leagues wouldn't have D2 but playing it without just made me realize that Spanish and Italian cups will also be affected. I usually at the least play a Spanish league campaign on a new iteration of PES.

Lyngby have been relegated multiple times. The worst was when we went down to the very bottom division because of bankruptcy! The same thing nearly happened again this year only for the club to be financially saved in the last minuite but having to sell the best/most expensive players in the last two transfer windows. That's also how you got Rodic btw - glad it could help your club at least;)

Anders Christiansen of Malmö is also a former Lyngby player - I believe he was voted Alsvenskans Best last season?

Re PES i can't actually remember if they use the logo during replays, but they do use them in some way as I remember the logo somehow moving on the screen to the scoreboard after replays (still that Konami made board with logo in the middle though). I will check it when i get home tomorrow and post a vid.
They also have the right sponsor boards around the pitches which is nice.

I’ve played a lot of games now - and have Daymos option file on - us Xbox1x users are completely shafted - and the AI is awful. Worst ever (I didn’t play 17 & 18)
I spend 90% of my time defending low crosses to the near post. Game after game.
Really hope they sort this as it’s wearing thin after 2 days.
I’m really fucked off that playing against players like Hazard - isn’t like playing v Hazard. All he does in game is stick to flank for that low cross. He isn’t coming deep, he isn’t running at me, not taking anyone on. That’s so disappointing.
The game looks stunning, nets amazing, passing is lovely, ball physics great, human v human is superb but....
The AI is like that good looking girl whose georgeous but when you get to know her she’s a pig.
Real shame.
It's no wonder they dont let the press play v AI on Press days and force them 1v1

As said a few posts above, the game is great and we all want to love it but the attacking AI is a massive issue. And that Leicester screenshot is fcuking horrific. This does not only need patching, it needs patching like ASAP. Not in 1 month or 2 month... now. Stunning to look at, incredibly realistic feel... but broken under the hood at the mo. Without wanting to sound ignorant; i am guessing a fix would not be that hard.

I watched a stream earlier on a PES account and the guy playing reckoned maintenance is done every Thursday so they might make a few fixes then to gameplay... wont bank on it
There was a 1% possibility for me to buy the game this year but after this Leicester screenshot it is gone.
Last year’s excuse about ML’s bugged transfers in EPL was that they couldn’t fix it cause it needed to mess a lot with gamedatabase which I found pretty site as an excuse.Since a transfer frequency option existed in older games,this only proves that it is only a freaking parameter in an algorithm and nothing more,you change it you tune it.Inside logical values you take logical results.No need to be a programmer to know something like this.
The truth is the 99,9% focus is MyClub.They don’t care about ML not even for simple bugs/fixes.Even if the president of KONAMI comes out and tell me that they care I don’t freaking believe them.How the heck could have this bug happened in the second day of official release?What the heck did they play tested during development?

Yeah I knew as well that new leagues wouldn't have D2 but playing it without just made me realize that Spanish and Italian cups will also be affected. I usually at the least play a Spanish league campaign on a new iteration of PES.

Lyngby have been relegated multiple times. The worst was when we went down to the very bottom division because of bankruptcy! The same thing nearly happened again this year only for the club to be financially saved in the last minuite but having to sell the best/most expensive players in the last two transfer windows. That's also how you got Rodic btw - glad it could help your club at least;)

Anders Christiansen of Malmö is also a former Lyngby player - I believe he was voted Alsvenskans Best last season?

Re PES i can't actually remember if they use the logo during replays, but they do use them in some way as I remember the logo somehow moving on the screen to the scoreboard after replays (still that Konami made board with logo in the middle though). I will check it when i get home tomorrow and post a vid.
They also have the right sponsor boards around the pitches which is nice.
Cool about the adboards,that's nice.
Yeah Christiansen is very good,one of the best.
When Malmö reached the Champions league a few years back,they had Rodic in the team,and Djurdic who we bought earlier this season from Randers,amazing player.
We were also very close to folding in the early 2000's,luckily were a 51% which means no crazy ownership etc,but back then we sold 49% of our shares to AEG which owns a shitload of stadiums plus LA Galaxy etc,which sucks

Once I get the game I'll probably swop English league and Italian and use English D2 as Serie B.
But I'm gonna try the smaller leagues as well.
We'll take good care of Rodic mate!

Most were already on level 30 last year. They can go up to level 50.

A little heads up lads : The players you get through using your free agents + through using auction house all start at level 1 , players you acquire by paying 25000 Gp or 250 Myclub coins ( 3x Player Packs) are already at level 30, also, a lot of players go way past level 50, some even go up to level 70 or 80, these are mostly white ball players who take a hell of a lot of time to level up to a decent standard ;)

Do you think Superstar in PES2019 is easier than PES2018?

In fact, i'm curious does anyone play above top player difficulty?

Given that everyone is different in configuration (manual and assistance).

For someone that wants to transition to manual from default configuration, would you recommend i change shooting or passing first ? Or both ?
Personally I went with basic passing and manual shooting first, as I thought passing is easier than scoring irl and it's always the final 3rd that's the hardest. After that I went completely manual.

Back
Top Bottom