PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Stole this from reddit .. LOL .. what's your thought folks?

IybMLFz.jpg

Can’t play master league in this state,
Goalkeepers need to fixed seeing it a lot now hugging the goal line, no aggression at all coming out for the one on one, and they need to up the defensive aggression when running down the flank.
Would u expect them to fix it, its just a game design and it s terrible...

Either they've got some sort of distribution problem or I wonder if EA have paid for exclusivity in the big 3 supermarkets? You could pre order FIFA 19 and even buy FIFA 18 but PES was nowhere to be seen which is shocking for launch day. All of these are huge mega stores as well, it's not like they're local branches with limited product lines.

Or the more likely, and true, option is that sales were that poor they don't bother bringing them in anymore. I say that as my father on law works at Tesco and when I asked he told me (when I asked him if he could grab me an early copy) they stopped stocking it a few years ago due to not being able to sell them. 10 years ago they did midnight releases and as the years went by, less and less people turned up to the point where they stopped doing it and the trend continued to the point we're at now where they just don't bother to stock it.

There's not always this big EA conspiracy against PES.

I've had 3 games against superstar 1 celtic v rangers. PA1 Basic shooting, as I find the AI are more balanced on that setting and stats matter a lot more, not once did I feel like they play like barcelona or felt cheated when I lost

yo

are the nets even remotely editable? can you swith between square and hexagon or has that been removed as well? would any hero care to post pictures?

Anyone else finding it easy to run along the wings against the AI, seems like a similar problem to what was happening in 2017
depend on what tactic other team use. I saw many occasions when ai change tactic to mark some of my players and wingback tactic, it's adaptive. yesterday i put pesuniverse OF and I don't know if they edited tactics for teams but the game looks like it's settled down and cpu plays varied

depend on what tactic other team use. I saw many occasions when ai change tactic to mark some of my players and wingback tactic, it's adaptive. yesterday i put pesuniverse OF and I don't know if they edited tactics for teams but the game looks like it's settled down and cpu plays varied
ok il use there option file and see how it goes, thanks for that mate.

Or the more likely, and true, option is that sales were that poor they don't bother bringing them in anymore. I say that as my father on law works at Tesco and when I asked he told me (when I asked him if he could grab me an early copy) they stopped stocking it a few years ago due to not being able to sell them. 10 years ago they did midnight releases and as the years went by, less and less people turned up to the point where they stopped doing it and the trend continued to the point we're at now where they just don't bother to stock it.

There's not always this big EA conspiracy against PES.

Sales aren't that poor though surely? I can understand them not ordering in 100's of copies but to not sell it all is bizarre as they've sold it every other year right up until this year. Sainsburys sold all their copies and that's a smaller store than the others.

I speculated about EA as that sort of move would be right up their street, they're more than happy to throw the money around to hurt a competitor and the FIFA 19 pre order had bigger prominence than some new games that were actually available to buy. It also seemed odd that all the big 3 would decide to stop selling it in the same year, Tesco last year even had a separate display next to the door when PES came out.

Ultimately it's a huge own goal by Konami on the distribution front. Not having the game in 3 of the biggest stores in the country is surely going to damage quite low sales even further.

I've always find it difficult to understand that Brightness Setting in PES ...
The Contrast slider instruction said to adjust until the white is the white-st; of course, to make it the brightest, you slider to the max 100.
Then on the Brightness slider, instruction said to see the PES logo but not the 2 balls (left & right) .. then adjust again ..
then what I get .. amazeball of brightness .....
in short, I don't have a clue what they want me to do with that setting.
No no no. You don't go contrast to a 100. Let's do this again. Start with both at 50s. Make sure you set the number so that the left most block is the darkest black you can do without the block next to it looking like it and the right most block is white without the block next to it looking like it as well, AND you can differentiate between all blocks. You don't want them all very noticeable, that's too bright, which is what you're doing at a 100. Go the darkest you can without crushing blacks and losing detail in whites. Go the darkest you can while still able to differentiate between all blocks.

Then move on to brightness and move it until you just lose sight of the balls
Try the Emirates stadium or the new Cruyff stadium at night. It’s so weird. Plus I try to change the settings in one half and the second half another lighting comes in which I have to adjust again, plus even if I adjust it, it destroys the game original colors or whatever. Up close it’s good otherwise it isn’t.
I just did and have no issues. Can you try the steps I explained above? If it's still the same, can you show me your PS4 and TV settings, if you don't mind? Also, can you check if you have Dynamic Contrast on, on your TV?

Edit: Here's how mine looks like:
Dl6G7ApUwAAtehX
You can still have faint visibility of the balls if you want as long as you can see all blocks still.

Last edited:
So I got around to playing some matches last night. All in Online divisions. First 2 with manual passing against other manual passers. Those games felt pretty great.

Then I switched to PA1 for about 5 matches.

I gotta say that PA1 is alright but of course still too assisted. Especially when you face top teams (which you do all the time).

- Almost no midfield battles with PA1, it's as usual too easy to just ping the ball from the back to the front. The best way to defend is to not rush when your opponent ping pong, just sit back and wait since you can't break up the play in midfield anyway (SOMETIMES good midfielders like Verratti seems to Place themselves right and break up passes though which indicates some sort of stat based thingy).

- Why isn't possible to do sliding tackles to try to reach a loose ball anymore? Bug?

- The game feels a tad bit faster in comparison with the demo sadly. (placebo?)

- Through balls are OP with PA1, I can defend against it but it's a constant struggle and not anything like real football.

- It seems the passing is less perfect late in the game when players are getting tired which is nice. But again, doesn't really affect the good teams/players anyway

Has anyone found a stadium with sunlight comparable to nou camp? I’ve been taking screenshots and nou camp’s sunlit portion of the pitch looks so much nicer than most stadiums. It’s a bit annoying because I was expecting most stadiums to have that vibrant sunlight.

Any recommendations?

gameplay issues that need to be addressed asap
1. weak foot accuracy needs to be completely nerfed
2. cpu ai only seem to score via a low cross into the box and slotting it in. where are the headers and attempts from outside the box from the cpu?
3. cpu never take on defenders 1 on 1 or go on a solo dribbling runs eg players like messi, coutinho etc etc
4. way too easy to score free kicks.
5. 99% of the time cpu ai gk stays rooted when facing a 1 on 1 ..they need to come out and challenge for the ball all the time in these situations

No no no. You don't go contrast to a 100. Let's do this again. Start with both at 50s. Make sure you set the number so that the left most block is the darkest black you can do without the block next to it looking like it and the right most block is white without the block next to it looking like it as well, AND you can differentiate between all blocks. You don't want them all very noticeable, that's too bright, which is what you're doing at a 100. Go the darkest you can without crushing blacks and losing detail in whites. Go the darkest you can while still able to differentiate between all blocks.

Then move on to brightness and move it until you just lose sight of the balls

I just did and have no issues. Can you try the steps I explained above? If it's still the same, can you show me your PS4 and TV settings, if you don't mind? Also, can you check if you have Dynamic Contrast on, on your TV?

Edit: Here's how mine looks like:
Dl6G7ApUwAAtehX
You can still have faint visibility of the balls if you want as long as you can see all blocks still.

I play on my lg oled and hdr activated. I can set only brightness. It says set it up till both picture have the same brightness. I had to set it to max. (100) is that the correct settings ingame? Maybe i have to tweak my tv settings. I think why they let us choose between 1-100 when only at 100 both have the same brightness. At 99 i see still differnce..

Watch from the 20 minute mark to the 25 minute mark. This isn't the first time I've seen this. This FIFA youtuber is amazed at how "good" master league is lol. I guess it will be decent for first time players.

EDIT: he also goes in to shock mode at 35:50 :LOL:

Last edited:
Hi there,

I cant seem to find it anywhere. Maybe someone of you guys can confirm it.
Is 2 vs 2 ranked match back again in PES2019 and not that horrible 3 vs 3 co op bull**** ?

I play on my lg oled and hdr activated. I can set only brightness. It says set it up till both picture have the same brightness. I had to set it to max. (100) is that the correct settings ingame? Maybe i have to tweak my tv settings. I think why they let us choose between 1-100 when only at 100 both have the same brightness. At 99 i see still differnce..
I have an LG Oled as well. When HDR is on, we only see the Brightness setting. Mine is all the way up to 96. So not much different compared to 100.

The settings I posted above are for non-HDR; SDR. So you can completely ignore it :)

Do you have issues with your picture? Mine's perfect in HDR.

Live Update only updates certain leagues, doesn't it?
Just seen Goretzka is still at Schalke (and I'm sure many others alike), yet a load of other transfers are done because of the Live Update.

Do Konami still release a full-on transfer update for all leaguea or is this what we get left with now?

Live Update only updates certain leagues, doesn't it?
Just seen Goretzka is still at Schalke (and I'm sure many others alike), yet a load of other transfers are done because of the Live Update.

Do Konami still release a full-on transfer update for all leaguea or is this what we get left with now?
Is it working? Mine still gives me error.

Back
Top Bottom