PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Just to echo what someone mentioned many pages ago. Konami really are missing a trick with random team mode. If that was online it would be so much fun.

Had a few games with my son tonight and it has resulted in some outstanding matches containing awesome moments.

Headers - i'm going to say this, the most satisfying part this year is scoring headers there's a real skill to it, you have to use timing, super cancel at times and really aim your cross and have an idea of where your striker is. We've become too used to simply pressing cross and hoping for the best as they were easy goals on PES17 and 18, if you can get good at headers it will take people by surprise online and also the AI. High crosses are a good tactic to use if you time them well, also knowing the pace of your cross can often be key to a bullet header or a floaty one. It's also not limited to simply having a target man, i've scored headers with Danny Ings, Harry Kane, Messi, Nathan Redmond, Mark Noble, Oriel Romeu - all sorts of builds of players! - the variety in the headers is stunning. AI marking is MUCH stronger this year, and also it pays to get a yard on the defender with a feint or trick to surprise the defence.

I would really love for you - or someone else if they'd like - to write a little more about your success with headers. Because while I'm really enjoying attacking play in this PES, the total inability to score from headers is doing my head in (excuse the pun).

I'm playing as Liverpool, and while I create tons of great opportunities to fling in a cross, I rarely connect and when I do it's never a threatening shot on target. It's just about the only bit of attacking play that I simply can't figure out. Love the rest but heading is a mystery (which it really shouldn't be).

I will say I still think there's an issue regardless because it's not just me that's struggling - the CPU rarely threatens from headers either. Now whether that's simply down to the CPU being in love with the low cross in this game, or if it's a deeper issue, I've no clue yet.

Also, what difficulty are you having success with headers on? I'm playing Top Player but might move to Superstar soon.

Most eb games don't even promote pes..its like e.a has paid them off or something lol
Much to my surprise. They released the game yesterday, as per the release date! Last week when I went in they had some game trailers playing on their LCD in store, promoting games that will be released soon (Spiderman, RDR2 etc). Much to my surprise again, the PES trailer was playing too haha! Nice to see

Who’s playing on the regular ps4. I honestly can’t look at the tv, the graphics is so bright. My eyes hurts. Is this the same when you play on ps4pro night games. I tried to change the brightness settings but damn nothing works. Lighting changes in second half as well which I have to adjust again. Day matches are fine but night matches are a nightmare.

I started a Master League played 2 games v Watford and Liverpool on the hardest setting (superstar?) exited out and switched off midway through second half of Liverpool match. I couldn't stick watching the same attacking moves over and over. Lob out to wing, ball down line, few turns by player back and forth and low cross to near post. Rinse and repeat.

Not one shot against me from outside the box; and i even had Salah through on goal against me, but instead of bursting through and closing down on my keeper, he turned round and played the ball backwards to Henderson who pinged a first time ball out to the wing and... yep, low cross. I don't know how devs would fix it as i have no clue how it works in that side of things, but I am guessing it just needs a bit of balancing via a patch perhaps?

I have started to play PES 2011 again and IMO, it have the best AI ever. Every team plays different based on the tactics sliders and big/world class teams are really hard to beat. AI is so unpredictable which makes the game so hard. I wish they could somehow port that AI over PES 2019.

For anyone asking about Liga Aguila.

Dl44ksvUwAAgbAT

Just took a screenshot from the game myself.

Can’t play master league in this state,
Goalkeepers need to fixed seeing it a lot now hugging the goal line, no aggression at all coming out for the one on one, and they need to up the defensive aggression when running down the flank.

Can someone confirm if there any matches that start in day and end at evening/night? Or did I misunderstand dynamic lighting.

Just got back from my first big session with my regular pes buddy. The format is a World cup as England with us both playing fixed cursor as edited versions of ourselves. (Pretty good stats but not too ridiculous!). We played on 'Professional' level and had a really great time, possibly the best ever.

We deliberated leaving injuries on and this was pertinent as going into the third game my friend's player was absent from the starting line up and had, unbeknownst to us, received an injury in the second game. He'd been on the end of a few harsh challenges but there were no signs during the match. The gameplan injury sign indicated 6 days for the knock so he ended up missing 2 games (and as a result he was furious that he couldn't get the golden boot as he's usually our top scorer!). Anyway, we won the world cup and although there were some tough games it was relatively comfortable. There were many standout moments from the tournament, some great, varied goals, lots of fouls but most impressive was our team's AI. They stepped into challenge and intercept like I've never seen before in PES and there was some great team play as well. Some awkward moments where they stopped running when we were close to the ball but it was a great experience overall. Obviously there were the consistent problems of the opposition (and our team) not bearing down on goal when they were through and the goalies staying on their line far too often but overall it was excellent.

Having won we decided that we might have to up the difficulty for future tournaments so we played a friendly on 'top player' to see how it was. It was horrible. In recent weeks I've seen lots of chat about the unbalanced AI on higher difficulties but I didn't realise quite how it would be, it really felt a different game. All of a sudden, our team seemed useless and the errors (from both teams but especially the opposition) that had been a joy, in terms realism, were now a distant memory as our opponents, Japan, played unbelievable, perfect passes from front to back. The pace of the game was upped considerably and the considered, probing game that 'professional' had been was now just a ping pong fest.

I tried to rationalise the change and questioned whether we just weren't good enough but I kept coming back to the fact that we were only controlling 2 players so the dramatic change wasn't because of us. We were stuffed 5-2 and all the good things that our defence had been doing were a thing of the past. On 'professional' the game looked and played like a proper match, there was ebb and flow to the play, our ai team making runs and picking delightful passes and equally the opposition would do the same - lots of variety in attacking play, lots of errors and lots of fouls. But on top player it just felt like the two of us against superstars and it was a real shame and no fun at all. We replayed the match against Japan on 'professional' and the good feeling was back. They were a little bit passive in defending but they still scored and it just had me thinking that the only way forward was to reduce the England team's stats a little to make future tournaments a little bit more competitive; at least on Prof level it felt like stats mattered a bit more.

As our original tournment had progressed I'd been thinking about sending officialpes some glowing praise (tempered by a couple of pointers) but I'm in two minds now. I don't want to base my praise on such specific conditions when it seems like there are some major flaws. You know they'll just take the good stuff and ignore the rest.

It was the best fun I've had with PES for years and years but, well, there's always a 'but' with konami.

Sorry for the epic post, just wanted to write my thoughts down.

so we played a friendly on 'top player' to see how it was. It was horrible. In recent weeks I've seen lots of chat about the unbalanced AI on higher difficulties but I didn't realise quite how it would be, it really felt a different game. All of a sudden, our team seemed useless and the errors (from both teams but especially the opposition) that had been a joy, in terms realism, were now a distant memory as our opponents, Japan, played unbelievable, perfect passes from front to back.

That is strange ... have you tried 'Superstar'? As mentioned, I've only had the opportunity to play 3 games (offline) and they don't run perfect passes as you illustrated. In fact, Japan was my 3rd opponent.

That is strange ... have you tried 'Superstar'? As mentioned, I've only had the opportunity to play 3 games (offline) and they don't run perfect passes as you illustrated. In fact, Japan was my 3rd opponent.

I did think about that after we'd played on top. I remembered somebody saying that superstar was better than top player but it was too later to carry on (although I'm still up now!). I'll give it a go, I think the biggest issue I had was that our team couldn't handle the pressing that Japan did on TP and yet our team didn't seem to press like them. There was so little space or time on the ball in any areas of the pitch and that didn't seem realistic in the same way that professional did. I'm definitely not saying I want it to be easy by the way, it just felt more like football to me.

8F1E0A0F-5320-41FC-AAA2-F9B288DB41D3.jpeg

My eyes hurts staring at it. Is anyone having the same problem. Some stadiums are better than others but most I tried are atrocious to look at.

Did you try changing the settings? Which stadium is that so I can try?

I've always find it difficult to understand that Brightness Setting in PES ...
The Contrast slider instruction said to adjust until the white is the white-st; of course, to make it the brightest, you slider to the max 100.
Then on the Brightness slider, instruction said to see the PES logo but not the 2 balls (left & right) .. then adjust again ..
then what I get .. amazeball of brightness .....
in short, I don't have a clue what they want me to do with that setting.

Did you try changing the settings? Which stadium is that so I can try?

Try the Emirates stadium or the new Cruyff stadium at night. It’s so weird. Plus I try to change the settings in one half and the second half another lighting comes in which I have to adjust again, plus even if I adjust it, it destroys the game original colors or whatever. Up close it’s good otherwise it isn’t.

@orangebard I've never bothered with anything but Professional in PES since the PS2. It was always the most balanced imo.

I've spent too much time trying to fix other teams to make the last few versions feel more balanced and have always played on top player or superstar. It doesn't help playing fixed cursor because you are having to deal with your own team as well as others. Professional certainly seems the way to go this year which is a bonus because if it's slightly too easy at least I only have to edit my own team to make them slightly weaker rather than all the others. What are your thoughts this year Lami on the final product. (Sorry if I've missed them already, I've hardly been on since the game came out.)

View attachment 5858

My eyes hurts staring at it. Is anyone having the same problem. Some stadiums are better than others but most I tried are atrocious to look at.

Yeah. Another one is San Siro. It was so bright that it was almost uncomfortable to look at during gameplay! The strange thing was the pitch looked beautiful and the right shade of green while watching the highlights after the game. It was like I just played at a different stadium! This was on the PC by the way.

I've always find it difficult to understand that Brightness Setting in PES ...
The Contrast slider instruction said to adjust until the white is the white-st; of course, to make it the brightest, you slider to the max 100.
Then on the Brightness slider, instruction said to see the PES logo but not the 2 balls (left & right) .. then adjust again ..
then what I get .. amazeball of brightness .....
in short, I don't have a clue what they want me to do with that setting.

Try the Emirates stadium or the new Cruyff stadium at night. It’s so weird. Plus I try to change the settings in one half and the second half another lighting comes in which I have to adjust again, plus even if I adjust it, it destroys the game original colors or whatever. Up close it’s good otherwise it isn’t.
Those are with HDR off right? I'll test now and see.
I've spent too much time trying to fix other teams to make the last few versions feel more balanced and have always played on top player or superstar. It doesn't help playing fixed cursor because you are having to deal with your own team as well as others. Professional certainly seems the way to go this year which is a bonus because if it's slightly too easy at least I only have to edit my own team to make them slightly weaker rather than all the others. What are your thoughts this year Lami on the final product. (Sorry if I've missed them already, I've hardly been on since the game came out.)
I've only got it this morning and just played 2 games so far that I wasn't really playing, just testing stuff. So far the pace is perfect on -1 for me, just as the demo. Animations still impressive like the demo as well. Very lifelike. Other than that this needs a thorough play through to form a good opinion. Will need to see how stats work and everything.

Oh, and to whoever likes to play league mode controlling all the teams, like me, we can now finally do so after so many years. Just make sure you start the game from 'participant setting' instead of 'next game', otherwise it'll tell you you need another controller. We still can't move controllers though to the away team, but hey, this is better than nothing! I'll definitely take it.

This is an in-game replay and looks nice.
I hope we can have more options for camera angles in MANUAL REPLAYS. Height should be more adjustable.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Beautiful free kick mate

@Lami I've been thinking about professional tbf

Also I have to say I think they've done a good job with the audio. Hearing the crowd cheer clearances late in the match when the home side is leading caught me off guard. Stadium feels alive

Back
Top Bottom