PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Some guy in other forum said that OF will not be affected by any data pack updates from Konami. I don't feel that statement is accurate because of makers keep adjusting their of for each data pack.

I have had a few more games offline and really enjoying it at the moment for how long i don't know. If the A A Brothers wanted to prove that gameplay is better then it is in some aspects. And i can see that the game has been below par for several years so getting it to play and respond better is paramount to them, but i ask this, what have we been waiting all these years for? Edit is still the same, same old faces, hair and crap templates for the kits. Boots are still shit and you get a limited amount. So without a great edit mode what have they achieved in these years? I expected to be blown away by this edition of the game. Why not give us a tattoo pack, way more different hairstyles and better kits including tight fitted shirts which Puma and Kappa make? I just want to know wtf these guys have been doing all year because it all just seems like hype to me. I'm enjoying it but come on it's time all the bullshit ended and step it up, we need more animations for collisions and introduce some new cut scenes if your going to have them, that same old clapping at the hurt player and arguing with the ref are dead. I know some of these things aren't important to many people but i want my moneys worth and sorry Konami you just haven't given it again.

after long and extensive playing the these three days I came to these conclusions:

- AI is wired to choose to play on the wings if there is possibility, if you block passing lines they will find other way to attack you but that will confuse them a lot so they will make mistakes

- headers on manual are really random, scored some headers in matches and also conceded but on training groud maube 1 from 20 are in frame of the goal, don't know how many tricks from previous versions I tried but with no luck

- AI pass on the first post almost all the time and shots are always high shots no matter from where

positives:

- stats really matter, all of them!

- tactics and team styles simply work and made big difference

- randomness all over the pitch, this is by far biggest step in pes at least for me...

- shooting much more varied, can be even better if they increase shot error and also lower keeper efficiency

- defenders have little advantage against forwards but not too much which balances the game and is good, adds another layer of difficulty to face the goal and trying to get past them

This game force you to play smart and with no rush, even then you can see the beauty inside. Not holding X button while defending in midfield made ai to think more and find another ways to attack which reduces their obsession of the wing a lot. For testing how actually good the game set one game with two strong teams and after that one game with second division teams. It's awesome! I really enjoy this game on top player full manual :)

It's no wonder they're so behind FIFA in the UK, you can't bloody buy a copy! :LOL:

My housemates copy didn't turn up (cheers Shopto) so I said no bother we'll pick it up at the supermarket and send the Shopto copy back.

Asda, Morrisons and Tesco (X2) didn't even stock the game, I thought they meant it was just sold out but the staff said they weren't stocking it and there wasn't a space for it on the shelves either. Sainsburys had a shelf space for it but it was sold out and staff told us they'd got very few copies in.

Either they've got some sort of distribution problem or I wonder if EA have paid for exclusivity in the big 3 supermarkets? You could pre order FIFA 19 and even buy FIFA 18 but PES was nowhere to be seen which is shocking for launch day. All of these are huge mega stores as well, it's not like they're local branches with limited product lines.

Any complete OF's out there that removed duplicate players (or a list of duplicate players that I could remove manually), or should we probably wait a couple more days?

Excuse the dodgy colours, PS4 doesn't like capturing HDR (does anyone know how to fix that?). Finally got the internet so vids incoming. Mbappe screamer and the the Auba pace and keeper coming out.

Thats miserable, you can even tell he wants to defend the game and is struggling with it, but if thats how the AI play, there is no fun in that at all.

I used to love watching goals from the AI that came out of the blue, something different, not always a cracker, but a scramble... something grubby. Id even save their goals as replays as id enjoy them.

This, constant drivel down the wing and a low ball in. Sod that. I dont want to feel like this over PES but thats gutting as I was hopeful this year.

randomness all over the pitch, this is by far biggest step in pes at least for me...

This!!! RANDOMISED !! ! ! ! !
LOVE LOVE IT!

Any complete OF's out there that removed duplicate players (or a list of duplicate players that I could remove manually), or should we probably wait a couple more days?

I'm fairly sure the answer is NO but would love to be corrected if otherwise.

Once duplicate players removed, then ML campaign can begin, of course along with the kits and comp logos. Not sure if i can start small with PESWORLD stuff or do it in 1 big bang approach. What do you think?

This, constant drivel down the wing and a low ball in. Sod that. I dont want to feel like this over PES but thats gutting as I was hopeful this year.

Surely there is some positives that you can take away from the game? Have you compare the pro n cons and see which one outweigh the other?

Any Ousmane Dembélé fans out there? Which goal celebrations best for him? I can think of two:
  1. His current style: trying to see the doubters out there.
  2. His old BVB style: jump to the player who assisted him.

The biggest issue this year is the attacking AI and how predictable it is. It seems like KONAMI have forgot to remove a debug code that makes the CPU AI play the same way every time.

I agree @Filippo-Inzaghi, probably stuff in there I wouldn't have thought about if I didn't read others oppinions, but I just can't help it! It's interesting but a downer at the same time:BLINK:

Also agree that not everytime I loose by a goal or two they are the only attempts by the opposition, they often miss chances as well.

I'm still not impressed at all by the AI attacking, I had it easier as Barca vs Liverpool (3-0) than vs FC Copenhagen (1-0).
Copenhagen were much more creative and precise with their passes as well, doing the classic one touch and back heel against me:

Oh and thanks Filippo for the heads up on the game for 99 kr. in Elgiganten! That's a steal no matter the AI:TU:
Fucking hell,I could have taken the train to fields and Elgiganten there and bought it for 99 Danish?
Even if I'm not getting it,that's a steal.
For you who's not Scandinavian like us,it's €9

agree moronic to think that with one day of it being out that it gets a full roster treatment by the community

these things take time and one of the main reasons i hold off getting the game

First game I play against the AI on the hardest difficulty level and win 1-0 St Mirren v Aberdeen.

AI had 0 shots on target. This is bs. Why are there about 6 difficulty levels for people who are bad at the game, but only 1 max, for people who are good at the game. Same bs every year

Considering it's your 1st game, you wouldn't have unlock the 'Legend' mode so theoretically you haven't played the hardest difficulty level.

agree moronic to think that with one day of it being out that it gets a full roster treatment by the community. these things take time and one of the main reasons i hold off getting the game

Of course. No one should demand anything from the community particularly if it's free of charge. Different if they pay then it's the responsibility of that OF makers to work hard for their money. However each to their own, the game is out and you can always play the cup mode or exhibit mode or even online if you wish, while waiting for the community to produce that beauty.

The biggest issue this year is the attacking AI and how predictable it is. It seems like KONAMI have forgot to remove a debug code that makes the CPU AI play the same way every time.
It isn't good is it? Just watched TrueBrits vid. This repetitive ai attacking needs fixing asap as it stands out a mile. If this is fixed and a few more tweeks here and there then I might jump in.

Finally I can play some more games, was sent on a wild goose chase today and it cost me over 2 hours! But I am settling in now, going to teach this low cross AI a lesson or two!

Jesus, I jinxed myself, the damn game just crashed on me. And it was the weirdest crash I have ever seen, like an hdmi cable was falling out or something, but the PS4 seems to work fine.

Just checked ML. AI is much better (superstar) or shall i say clinical..its still crosses (which is no prob in general) but it does high crosses, lobbed through balls down the middle, runs through the defense and shots (just) outside the box. I think its playable
...now whats missing are the dribbles with good players!

About the transfers during the first window (challenge mode):

Fabregas -> Liverpool
Darmian -> Atletico
Digne -> ManU
Rüdiger -> Barca
Yoshida, Ogbonna -> ManC
Fernandinho -> Real
Varane -> Chelsea
Gündogan -> Inter

I dont think its that bad, yes its random a complex system would be nice but still. Yes these were the BIG transfers. Maybe i got just lucky tho.

Hey Guys,

I'm a bit surprised that nobody on the forum seems to notice (or bother) that the game was sped up BIG TIME! in comparison to the demo.
For me it has pros and cons.

The demo was a bit sluggish at times this is definitely better due to the higher speed
but the bad thing is that you have such a limited time to think what you do next. It forces pretty much to play fast passing
counter football. Especially on full manual it's hard and was easier on the demo as you had just way more time to think.

Also the manual passing is a lot more assisted now compared to the demo. I'm also trying to figure out if I
like it or not. Pro = you can definitely play better passing combinations. Con = this can lead to ping pong games against
good opponents because it's really not that hard now to string passes together on manual.
Yep, I'm surprised more isn't being made of the speed increase because it's quite a drastic compared to the demo. It feels even faster than PES 2018 at times. I'm disappointed they couldn't stick to their guns and keep it the way it was.

Back
Top Bottom