PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Also what's the deal with that agent in MyClub. Featured players? I signed Vanaken of Club Brugge and he's a 86 rated?! Yet in other modes he's an 80??

Sometimes I think it's a bad idea to read the different opinions in here. There is lot of focus on things I would never have seen.

Anyway. It's also interesting.

I am 10 games in on Superstar. Actually think the game is a massive upgrade on the gameplay. Way better than PES 18. The ball feeling is great. Also like the unpredictability there is in the game. It's close to the old days where no games feels the same.

Haven't seen that much ai trouble. So I will continue to enjoy the game. The only thing is that headers to difficult. Still haven't scored with a header.

I hope hope hope that they will keep this tempo in the game.
Same, sometimes I wonder if I'm playing a completely different game. I haven't noticed any catch-up bugs and speedy players like Mbappe, Lemar, Hazard make a huge difference in tight spaces. Final build does feel faster than the demo so I think I'll play on -1 speed. I'm sure I'll run into the goalkeeper bug eventually. The AI thus far has played sufficiently varied so no complaints yet.

Beware of those MMA moves..and nasty calls by the refs.
Both should have been called for penalties but instead called the other way! #NoOneIsSafe:DD
ezgif.com-optimize.gif
ezgif.com-optimize_3.gif

I've seen it in games but also been let off the hook. Falcao crash the bar against me one on one from an angle. He should've scored. They missed another good chance as well, I lost the game 1-0 in the end on top player.

I see some of the issues you guys have but they're really not as glaring as you're experiencing. I'm not sure if I'm less observant or you're fixated on stuff once you see it. I'm very happy I don't notice these things it has to be said.

On the red cards, I've had one in ten games. Plenty of bookings and good fouls. The game isn't perfect but I'm having a lot of fun so far.

The ai do miss shots in the games I play, but that's them hitting it wide, over or against the bar. It's just that when the shots are on target, 95% of them go in. They just leather the ball really hard and high, making it impossible to save. I've not seen them place a low shot. It's the opposite of last 3 PES games where the ai only shot below waist height. So they replaced only shooting low with only shooting high.

From memory, I think PES 15 was the last PES to have great shot variety.

First game I play against the AI on the hardest difficulty level and win 1-0 St Mirren v Aberdeen.

AI had 0 shots on target. This is bs. Why are there about 6 difficulty levels for people who are bad at the game, but only 1 max, for people who are good at the game. Same bs every year

The ai do miss shots in the games I play, but that's them hitting it wide, over or against the bar. It's just that when the shots are on target, 95% of them go in. They just leather the ball really hard and high, making it impossible to save. I've not seen them place a low shot. It's the opposite of last 3 PES games where the ai only shot below waist height. So they replaced only shooting low with only shooting high.

From memory, I think PES 15 was the last PES to have great shot variety.
You meant to wrote PES 2013 right?

played for about 3 hours today across Myclub and exhibition mode. I still dont get Myclub. I packed Romario , Coutinho (loan) and Beckham (loan) - preorder bonus.
So went into the agents screen ending up with a full on team of gold silver and black ball players. Simeone (CF) is 93 rated and a keeper who is rated 87 dont think he's saved a thing yet. The A.I (com) is terrible in my club. I tried an online game it ended in a disaster for me. My defence were visiblystepping out by two yards leaving the strikers free to waltz in and score a few times. I couldn't screen shot enough but the same nonsense in Myclub. Players just dont seem responsive as the rest of the game at all.
I genuinely struggle to see the appeal and stupidness of the manager formation idea. Its to rigid when your getting a hiding I'm snookered to saw up the defence.

Must thank the guys on here who have produced the OF. As my first year with PC Pes so easy to import. Brilliant work guys.

You meant to wrote PES 2013 right?

Definitely 2015. I still remember a match where I was QPR v Man Utd and Rob Green was making saves all over the goal, high and low. I remember losing to Barcelona in the Champions League Final and Messi got a winner in the last minute from long range.

2013 I loved, but remember the ai scoring mostly from through balls down the middle and then one on one with my keeper.

Sooooooo I've been away from this scene for a while. Admitally I Converted to Fifa a while back. However I'm actually enjoying this years. Bloody hard though when the AI just ping pong everywhere.

Personally myself I'm more interested in offline mode which is a shame to see master league an absolute mess .

Oh well, I'm enjoying reading the opinions of everyone else and really hoping Konami listen to the mistakes we've all found.

Ok so I've been playing all afternoon. Theres definitely something here but I'll say one thing, this is definitely different from the demo.

Ball feels lighter and so do the players to me and the ball doesn't feel as free.

Ive had a mixed bag with the A.I Ive had the A.I throw crosses in for headers, especially Atalanta and Spal, but I've also seen teams try and walk it in like Watford. I tried setting Watford up like Atalanta but it didn't really work.

The A.I does need fixing. It does repeat the same patterns and you don't see a lot of goals from outside the box. They really must fix that.

Picked it up last night and played a bit yesterday and today.

The AI still tries too many 1 touch passes for my liking. At least on superstar. They make questionable decisions, but that's par for the course with sports games.

I like the feel of it. The physicality has been nice. I'm playing BAL and some of these defenders are just bouncing me off the ball like the skinny 17 year old that I am. The fouls have been nice. The mistakes have been nice. There's been a sloppiness in play that was missing in last year's.

Overall I think it's a better game but the AI concerns me. So we'll see.

I feel in love with player cam in BAL so I've been apprehensive to try manual passing as it becomes that much more difficult with the camera constantly moving. But I may give it a try depending on how top player plays.

Sometimes I think it's a bad idea to read the different opinions in here. There is lot of focus on things I would never have seen.

Anyway. It's also interesting.

I am 10 games in on Superstar. Actually think the game is a massive upgrade on the gameplay. Way better than PES 18. The ball feeling is great. Also like the unpredictability there is in the game. It's close to the old days where no games feels the same.

Haven't seen that much ai trouble. So I will continue to enjoy the game. The only thing is that headers to difficult. Still haven't scored with a header.

I hope hope hope that they will keep this tempo in the game.
this is so true [bold part]

I read these message boards for pes news for year and pluck up courage to join few weeks back

There seems to be a small group of posters that look for issues rather than just try to enjoy the game?

I don’t know maybe I am being dramatic??

but we over analyse everything in pes and Fifa now, it’s tiring.

If the issues are huge then that’s fair ... GK not coming off line is a big thing but it doesn’t happen everytime for me I have had GK run out and nearly foul my striker!!!

There is nothing wrong with being negative and stating what you want out of Football game

But the same things being said over and over again is tiring ... no?

I haven’t loved a pes game this much since pes 2013

Anyway, back to master league :)

Hi
could anyone having the full game confirm if Japan national team is officially licensed (real kits)?
Also are there any known differences between PES 2019 and Winning Eleven 2019? I guess online games will be on different server again (pS4)
cheers

I'm still not impressed at all by the AI attacking, I had it easier as Barca vs Liverpool (3-0) than vs FC Copenhagen (1-0).
Copenhagen were much more creative and precise with their passes as well, doing the classic one touch and back heel against me:

I seem to remember someone saying: "if you don't like backheels, don't do them". :R1

Same, sometimes I wonder if I'm playing a completely different game. I haven't noticed any catch-up bugs and speedy players like Mbappe, Lemar, Hazard make a huge difference in tight spaces. Final build does feel faster than the demo so I think I'll play on -1 speed. I'm sure I'll run into the goalkeeper bug eventually. The AI thus far has played sufficiently varied so no complaints yet.
The AI is so varied in pes 2019

This game has extremely surprised me ... I didn’t LOVE the demo but I love this it’s strange

Co-op mode still lets people play online on their own with 2 COM players... Thankfully the CPU is a lot worse this year and actually misplaces passes, but it's still ridiculous that this is allowed online...

Enjoying much of the gameplay/physics, substantial improvement over 2018 for sure...

Worst part for me is the shooting/keepers balance though - on advanced especially I can consistently hammer absolute rocket low shots even on a poor player's weak foot, but to balance this the keepers seem to save pretty much everything except close range/deflected shots or free kicks.

Hey Guys,

I'm a bit surprised that nobody on the forum seems to notice (or bother) that the game was sped up BIG TIME! in comparison to the demo.
For me it has pros and cons.

The demo was a bit sluggish at times this is definitely better due to the higher speed
but the bad thing is that you have such a limited time to think what you do next. It forces pretty much to play fast passing
counter football. Especially on full manual it's hard and was easier on the demo as you had just way more time to think.

Also the manual passing is a lot more assisted now compared to the demo. I'm also trying to figure out if I
like it or not. Pro = you can definitely play better passing combinations. Con = this can lead to ping pong games against
good opponents because it's really not that hard now to string passes together on manual.

Back
Top Bottom