PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Holy shit. ClassicD. The ClassicD. It's been three long years.

Welcome back, sir. Enjoying the Scottish licenses at least?

Alright buddy, how's it going? The Scottish licenses are a big plus for me yes, probably going to wait until the Data Pack brings Celtic Park and Ibrox before starting a ML with my team.

Has anybody been successful importing PES2018 team data (.ted) into PES2019? Me not, but maybe i am missing something.

I wish some others here would do what I have done since trying the full game out last night for the first time.

I love to watch CPU vs CPU and can honestly tell everyone that if you set it to PSG vs PSG (I wanted Neymar to be on both sides to see what individuality is in him from the CPU AI perspective), and whether I put it in Professional, Top Player or Superstar mode (I tried some 20 minutes games for each difficulty level), the organicness of PSG's play was amazing, I only witnessed two attempts at that horrible looking long low straight cross to the near post that all the CPU teams were doing constantly during the demo, and I can honestly say that Neymar, alone, combines fluent looking skills together on the fly, the likes of which I have never witnessed over the years in previous editions, not with this realistism at least.

I witnessed so many great "proper height" curled crosses, some with a lot of curl, some straighter, and some clever header attempts, two of them were goals.

Oh, and I see five or six attempts from outside the box, most were volley attempts, and one was a great free kick curler into the top corner from you know who.

So please guys, try what I have done above, it might well be that PSG have a team layout, tactical formation by default that means they play this way, but it has convinced me that the CPU will vary greatly their attack methods, we are not just stuck with the frustrating CPU AI we all saw in the demo in terms of repeated routes to goal.

Oh my days, @Becanes! This is the best part of this time of year - all the old names coming back. How are things?
Things are going well. How are you buddy? I've been lurking about these impressions and discussions. Looks like I may pick it up along with some other oldies. You see Shooto has it. Bitter Rivals is getting it. Jazfiction is getting it. Treetop and Kevano are getting it. We seem to be switching from Fifa this year.

Very disappointed to hear how to AI is playing. I like playing an ML but if the AI doesn't try to score 1 on 1 then what's the point. I am interested in trying MyClub. Hoping to get all the fellas on at the same time to push the button at the same time. Maybe get lucky and play each other.

There is an update now for PS4, but you have to manually apply live update after you start the game. Set up a quick Konami cup and Liverpool has the same starting lineup as in their first league games.

Although unfortunately a couple players have generic faces. Keita for one.

Anyone have a list of players to base copy before installing squad data and they disappear, like Iniesta for example?
Iniesta won't go anywhere as he's in the Spain squad.

Anyone in the game who won't be in a club or national team after the transfer update don't need to be base copied anymore, they go into 'Free Agents'.

Keita with a fake face?! pathetic... he had a face last game, now he is at one of the partner clubs he doesnt have one?? ludicrous.

I told you guys despite all the amazing effort put into reworking the shooting (which im really impressed with ) its too easy to hit the target with anyone, so the goalies are too good to balance out the shooting.

I fed back this already.

The FIFA sliders i tweak the same way, 6/100 GK and 60/100 for shot error. The fact is PES keepers already have a wide range of animations to save certain shots. Maybe thats also the reason why the CPU dont shoot from outside as its almost impossible to score.

To be fair my first goal was in BAL mode, it was a half volley outside the box with my player, CM Orchestrator role.

Yeah they are probably a good way from a complete update, still.
I want to try legendary, is it enough to play a few Superstar games to unlock it? Because if I actually have to win them I might be in trouble.

Iniesta won't go anywhere as he's in the Spain squad.

Anyone in the game who won't be in a club or national team after the transfer update don't need to be base copied anymore, they go into 'Free Agents'.

Interesting if Iniesta can be in the game why can't they add players like Robben, Gotze, Coman and Wiegl in the game as free agents at least especially the latter seeing as they still can be represented in the National team .

:D
Last time it had to be 3 wins on SS..
Presume its the same.

After some reports that legend plays better than Superstar I want to at least try it. I would be fine with top player if that AI wasn't doing those damn low crosses at all times. If they are through on goal and you don't pursue, you can visibly see the poor AI struggle to decide what to do, because some dumb code has banned it from doing the obvious. So it just slows down until you catch it anyway.

One thing I don't understand is that someone has clearly programmed the AI to rarely perform long shots or high crosses, presumably with the understanding that given these actions have a low probability of success it would weaken the difficulty of the AI, which raises the question of why didn't they just fix the damn underlying problem rather than messing with the AI's logic to compensate? :CONF:It just goes to show how much of an afterthought offline is.

After some reports that legend plays better than Superstar I want to at least try it. I would be fine with top player if that AI wasn't doing those damn low crosses at all times. If they are through on goal and you don't pursue, you can visibly see the poor AI struggle to decide what to do, because some dumb code has banned it from doing the obvious. So it just slows down until you catch it anyway.
I still believe it will b fixed. Other things, like GK stuck in goal line-that might b an issue throughout the year. They will b blaming styles and player cards.. but AI flank obsession is too obvious and there already is plenty of videos showing it as a clear bug. AI is sometimes glitching coz they run out of ideas when you block wings.
Having said that-id also like to try legend. But im in the same boat as you - 3 wins on this sadistic SS might b tough...:D

Playtesting, Konami, have you heard of it?

Oh shit, I just figured out why the demo was just five minutes, because 10 would have made the problem too obvious:CONFUSE:

Sounds like the dumbest thing at first but actually makes perfect sense. Of course there are playtesters. They will have seen this. For some reason, it can't be fixed. So it gets semi hidden by making the demo short. No problems on the online games obviously so that's 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Downloaded the PesWorld Prem option file and got the kits ok but there's no Premier League competition badge from what I can see? Am i missing something or has he only released just the kits so far?.

One thing I don't understand is that someone has clearly programmed the AI to rarely perform long shots or high crosses, presumably with the understanding that given these actions have a low probability of success it would weaken the difficulty of the AI, which raises the question of why didn't they just fix the damn underlying problem rather than messing with the AI's logic to compensate? :CONF:It just goes to show how much of an afterthought offline is.

Either this or the AI is programmed based on probability and it knows that headers and long shots have almost zero chance at success so they never try it. One way or the other, there's some pretty substantial parts to football that are missing.

It's so dispiriting to make a great move on the wing, only then to realize there's no point in crossing because a headed goal won't happen. I'm also trying desperately to score from outside the box and though I'm launching beautiful screamers, I can't score for the life of me.

I had a few games yesterday and I enjoyed them a bit. It still had the old squads which sucked but beside that:
- Game looks great
- Even though the AI does repeat the low cross play a little too much, the AI controlling Ronaldo did a long shot from outside the box which was beautiful (he scored)
- Had some great matches in TP and in Pro difficulty, but there was one specially that was quirky, against one of those teams rated in the 50's, but played tiki taka great, ended up winning 4-2, with some goals coming directly after the other team scored. felt like '18 and thankfully was the only one I had.
- Why would I want to quick sub if the ball goes out of bounds in the 1st min?
- The commentary makes me want to cut my ears off

My impressions from the first 5 or so exhibition games using PA1+advanced shooting:

Difficulty level definately lowered compared to demo. I started out playing a match on Top Player with Argentina (me) away against France; a match I've played multiple times on the demo, and France didn't really bring anything attacking wise. Won 1 or 2-0 fairly easily.

Bumped it up to Superstar and it was harder, mostly offensively as France were better at closing down space and more aggressive when tackling. However, they didn't really impress me attacking wise, although they came from 1-0 down to beat me 2-1

As Barca (me) vs Liv'pool at Camp Nou also on Superstar I won easily 3-0 with them hardly having a chance, and lastly PSG also made a turnaround from 1-0 down to winning 2-1.

To sum up, so far I think the AI is worse than the demo attacking wise (not enough variety for example players dribbling or doing feints at you and tacking shots from far out). Even had Neymar NOT finish this off when clean through on goal:

Final hope for a better AI is (Master) League mode and/or Legend difficulty:PRAY:

This is not to say I don't like the game at all, there's lots to be happy about for me:
- Pace is great, to me it's like the demo
- Dribbling is good although sometimes a little "choppy"/fast in direction switch
- Passing on PA1 is not more assisted than the demo
- Shooting (on advanced) is nice and varied
- AI finally seem to use attack/defence levels properly, not switching for in and out of possesion (was like this in the demo as well)
- Player movement and ball animations look great and there are lots of nice little animations and moments of randomness, for instance with my first goal in the game:

Probably lots of other good (and bad) things, looking forward to playing more.

Oh yeah, I liked this equalizer from PSG, although also a cross into the box:

Sounds like the dumbest thing at first but actually makes perfect sense. Of course there are playtesters. They will have seen this. For some reason, it can't be fixed. So it gets semi hidden by making the demo short. No problems on the online games obviously so that's 10 minutes.

To be honest - i thought that too.
5 mins demo must have been to cover something. At first I thought they wanted to test online so they made longer online matches to get more people playing online. But then i started to think they want to cover something in offline. I really think it will be fixed, but they need more time to get it right. They cant leave it like this, as this is a gamebreaker and, if left like this, very few (offline) people will go for 2020.
But we shall see soon enough if we are onto something there.
I know that personally - this will be my last PES. I enjoyed the demo and I will enjoy full version. One way or another.
But overall im just tired of Konami's constant lies, give-one-thing-take-two tactics and buying half finished games. Im tired of finishing the game for them, looking for Option Files and updating it thoughout the year. So Im gonna make the most of it this year and next year ill just become a casual EA career mode fella.

Are the people saying the headers don't work playing on manual? Because I've already scored quite a few

No idea about on manual. But regardless, I'm not seeing the CPU threaten with headers either. Not only do they predominately attempt low crosses and I'll go games without seeing them attempt a single high cross, but most of the time contact results in a floaty pass to the keeper - whether it's the CPU or the user.

Do the glaring issues with the AI basically mean its not worth it for Master League? I can get over the crapiness of that mode if the AI actually made it fun to play against? But if they wont shoot and basically try to score the same way every time, then I cant be bothered again this year.

I tried to stick it out on 18 but in the end it ground me down as to not be fun.

Back
Top Bottom