PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

To be honest - i thought that too.
5 mins demo must have been to cover something. At first I thought they wanted to test online so they made longer online matches to get more people playing online. But then i started to think they want to cover something in offline. I really think it will be fixed, but they need more time to get it right. They cant leave it like this, as this is a gamebreaker and, if left like this, very few (offline) people will go for 2020.
But we shall see soon enough if we are onto something there.
I know that personally - this will be my last PES. I enjoyed the demo and I will enjoy full version. One way or another.
But overall im just tired of Konami's constant lies, give-one-thing-take-two tactics and buying half finished games. Im tired of finishing the game for them, looking for Option Files and updating it thoughout the year. So Im gonna make the most of it this year and next year ill just become a casual EA career mode fella.

Developers releasing unfinished games! I learnt my lesson with pes 2018. Hiding offline ai issues behind two and a half minute halves in the pes 2019 demo is a disgrace. I'm waiting to see what gets fixed re ai attack and keepers. Looks like I will be picking it up July 2019 then :LOL:

Not sure why yet but Napoli ai actually play a decent game of football on superstar.
""

Scored this to level it.

""

Nicked one at the end with a scrappy Kane goal and at the end of the game he actually took his shirt off and went over to the fans and gave them a wave. Wish I'd gotten a screenshot of that

Let's be honest, these reports that are surfacing regarding the offline AI isn't great but did Konami need to focus on the online aspect to keep in competition and gain some revenue?

I mean they were and still are behind FIFA in terms of online game modes and features but it is an improvement for the long term of the series and IF Konami are fairly successful with PES19, then hopefully they can then invest on the offline section of the game.

Online is where the focus will be as this is where money can still be generated after the initial sale of the game.

Downloaded the PesWorld Prem option file and got the kits ok but there's no Premier League competition badge from what I can see? Am i missing something or has he only released just the kits so far?.
WEHK
Only KITS, Managers and Stadiums, try WEHK option file.

Let's be honest, these reports that are surfacing regarding the offline AI isn't great but did Konami need to focus on the online aspect to keep in competition and gain some revenue?

I mean they were and still are behind FIFA in terms of online game modes and features but it is an improvement for the long term of the series and IF Konami are fairly successful with PES19, then hopefully they can then invest on the offline section of the game.

Online is where the focus will be as this is where money can still be generated after the initial sale of the game.

Once they get sustained online success, the offline part will only suffer further. Offline dosent make them any money bar the initial sale... yet that impact will be lessened if people are buying it as their online game of choice :(

Cant see things getting a whole lot better. Id love to be wrong, but its how the world works especially gaming.

Do the glaring issues with the AI basically mean its not worth it for Master League?
100%. IMO. But it is just my opinion.

They release the myClub edition for free every year, not long after release.

What you're saying is "they need to focus on online to make money" - but if you only care about online, if you can wait a few months, you can get it for free. Other than making balls "cards", what's changed anyway?

Also, if what you say is the case, are you saying we should all buy it anyway to keep the game going? That's madness - and also, trust me, from a management level, sales = "we're doing something right, KEEP DOING THAT", i.e. "don't bother with that Maestro League or whatever you call that offline bullshit".

Once they get sustained online success, the offline part will only suffer further. Offline dosent make them any money bar the initial sale... yet that impact will be lessened if people are buying it as their online game of choice :(

Cant see things getting a whole lot better. Id love to be wrong, but its how the world works especially gaming.
Ha, you beat me by seconds. 100% agree.

Master League still a mess. Not adding to it is one thing, but not fixing the underlying flaws is a disgrace.

The poor implementation and mandatory nature of release clauses for one, is absolutely shocking.

So, Ai is broken?

More than just broken. I swear I played 6 games in a row. 4 red cards. AI randomly just stupidly tackles me from behind. When it first happened I said wow the game might be really fun/random this year but it happened more often than I expected. Also their attacking AI is so bland, it’s so scripted on Superstar. I saw the AI score such a bs goal because the whole match they weren’t doing jackshit yet seconds an impossible goal happened. They need to fix AI or I will sell this stupid game. Very disappointed.

So the gk came out in one of the games i jist played and i chipped him .He had the offensive gk style .However i had pressed the through ball button and my striker got there before the geeker.So i feel the issue is with the keepers coming out when pressing the pass button .

More than just broken. I swear I played 6 games in a row. 4 red cards. AI randomly just stupidly tackles me from behind. When it first happened I said wow the game might be really fun/random this year but it happened more often than I expected. Also their attacking AI is so bland, it’s so scripted on Superstar. I saw the AI score such a bs goal because the whole match they weren’t doing jackshit yet seconds an impossible goal happened. They need to fix AI or I will sell this stupid game. Very disappointed.
Please take videos and put them on Twitter, tagging @officialpes and Adam / Asim in the tweet. Otherwise, they're going to say we're just moaning again.

Same goes out to everyone - if you want something fixed, take several videos of the most obvious examples and get them up on Twitter (I'd love a few more videos of the AI flat-out refusing to score like in this video, but I know if they just see this one video for example, they'll just say "well he's at an angle, it's understandable").

Played one game... immense ..trued against PSG superstar and lost 2-0 ..they were ruthless in front of goal even one on one.
I'm playing with much side 8 zoom and it looks miles better than the demo. I can see Salahs face clearly as though the resolution has been optimised.
Really looking forward to more games

My last 4 games the ai have been absolutley fine. Impressive at times even. I'm so confused lol. They were broken just yesterday

Interesting if Iniesta can be in the game why can't they add players like Robben, Gotze, Coman and Wiegl in the game as free agents at least especially the latter seeing as they still can be represented in the National team .
They can be in if they're in their national team squad. Considering these ones are pretty much based on World Cup squads, that is likely why they're not in.

Downloaded the PesWorld Prem option file and got the kits ok but there's no Premier League competition badge from what I can see? Am i missing something or has he only released just the kits so far?.
You have to import separately. Dowoad their Competition logos OF and import

We started a World Cup. We played Scotland. They closed us down quickly, lunged in for tackles. They won 2-0. I accepted that, but they scored with their only 2 shots on target. We then faced Lebanon. They played like Barcelona. We lost 4-0 with them scoring all of their shots on target.

Started another World Cup, but dropped the difficulty to regular to see how it played. Drew with Greece 2-2, they scored all their shots on target, then lost 4-0 to Northern Island. They also scored all their shots on target.

We then started again, but on Amateur. Won 4-0 against Northern Island and 2-0 (would have been more, but we were testing different shooting) against North Korea. We then went back up to regular and beat USA 3-2. They scored their 2 shots on target. We then played South Korea in Group Stage. They won 3-2, scoring all their shots on target.
Does everyone else's experience tally with this? Not seeing a lot of people mentioning it (great post by the way @Superhoop) but I'm seeing similar.

Sometimes I think it's a bad idea to read the different opinions in here. There is lot of focus on things I would never have seen.

Anyway. It's also interesting.

I am 10 games in on Superstar. Actually think the game is a massive upgrade on the gameplay. Way better than PES 18. The ball feeling is great. Also like the unpredictability there is in the game. It's close to the old days where no games feels the same.

Haven't seen that much ai trouble. So I will continue to enjoy the game. The only thing is that headers to difficult. Still haven't scored with a header.

I hope hope hope that they will keep this tempo in the game.

Please take videos and put them on Twitter, tagging @officialpes and Adam / Asim in the tweet. Otherwise, they're going to say we're just moaning again.

Same goes out to everyone - if you want something fixed, take several videos of the most obvious examples and get them up on Twitter (I'd love a few more videos of the AI flat-out refusing to score like in this video, but I know if they just see this one video for example, they'll just say "well he's at an angle, it's understandable").

I agree. I will do it next time. I showed yesterday a picture, 2 red cards, that was one of my first matches Milan v Liverpool. It happened again and again. Then played with Real Madrid against Barcelona, honestly I felt like I was playing pes 2018 again, maybe worse, so much space in the back 16 chances against only 3 and I played 12 min match. The collisions are all over the place, the AI doesn’t attack smart, it passes forward then backward then ping in the wing. It’s so boring.

Does everyone else's experience tally with this? Not seeing a lot of people mentioning it (great post by the way @Superhoop) but I'm seeing similar.

I've seen it in games but also been let off the hook. Falcao crash the bar against me one on one from an angle. He should've scored. They missed another good chance as well, I lost the game 1-0 in the end on top player.

I see some of the issues you guys have but they're really not as glaring as you're experiencing. I'm not sure if I'm less observant or you're fixated on stuff once you see it. I'm very happy I don't notice these things it has to be said.

On the red cards, I've had one in ten games. Plenty of bookings and good fouls. The game isn't perfect but I'm having a lot of fun so far.

Hi everybody,

I have been playing this game for at least 12 hours and I can tell you, it is very disappointing what is included in this final version of this game.

Things i can say are terrible:
Switch players with L1 (it never selects the right player)
Online Servers (I cannot play, simple as that, players act like dumb)
Defense AI (terrible, i thought FIFA was bad, this can be a lot worse)

I agree @Filippo-Inzaghi, probably stuff in there I wouldn't have thought about if I didn't read others oppinions, but I just can't help it! It's interesting but a downer at the same time:BLINK:

Also agree that not everytime I loose by a goal or two they are the only attempts by the opposition, they often miss chances as well.

I'm still not impressed at all by the AI attacking, I had it easier as Barca vs Liverpool (3-0) than vs FC Copenhagen (1-0).
Copenhagen were much more creative and precise with their passes as well, doing the classic one touch and back heel against me:

Oh and thanks Filippo for the heads up on the game for 99 kr. in Elgiganten! That's a steal no matter the AI:TU:

Last edited:
This says it all.

That video shows one of my biggest issues with PES recently: the AI is so constrained by tactical and formation instructions that they don't make commonsense contextual decisions that any footballer should.

It's why you see wingers and midfielders track back but only to a certain point - the same point every time - and then stop, regardless of whether there's a threat to deal with. It's why you see defenders more concerned with sprinting back and maintaining a backline than deal with threats. It's why you'll see backline defenders sit deep and allow an attacker to dribble through acres of space and won't close down until they reach the box.

And then there's some terrible situational AI, like this example. Watch my left back, Robertson, who has switched with Virgil Van Dijk and is at the center back spot. Can someone please explain to me what the hell he's doing? It's literally as if he just decides to stop playing - twice!

And here's an example of the CPU backline dropping so deep, giving ridiculous amounts of space, allowing for an easy goal:

And here's one with Virgil Van Dijk - one of the top CBs in the world - doing god knows what, allowing an easy chance for the CPU:

There's more but the point is that for a game that relies entirely on the quality of its gameplay - and for a game that once was known for its AI - some of the AI in PES 2019 is down right abysmal. And this here is really focusing on just the defensive AI - some of what the CPU does in attack is equally nonsensical and disappointing.

For the people complaining about Keita of Liverpool not having a face, its because he's been added via a live update. Its always been this way. The can't do graphical updates via live updates. Data packs are the only way.
They released a data pack on launch day. Why didn't they wait until today and add Keita and whoever else is a mystery...

Back
Top Bottom