PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I was playing the whole night through. :)

Pretty tired this morning I still remember that penalty I got. :D really. ON video!! Took me six 15 min matches. It was a standing tackle. Really glad it happened.
The speed in the full version is a little bit faster. Might be some snappier animations. I liked the demo speed a lot more. -1 is to slow for my liking. Hm.
And one other thing that was awesome. I was playing Porto against Besiktas (if I remember correct) and the keeper came out so awesome. I was entering the pen area one on one and he came out. So real. So it’s possibly. Give this ability to all keepers please!!
And a lovely powerful header I remember. This game can shine.
On the cons: the cpu needs to be more varied with shooting outside the box. Plus: Going to the wings and pass pass pass it in front of goal to direct hit it in is getting repetitive a little.

I need to play more. Waiting for the patch to drop. Any questions?!

Final note: training ground is a nice place to be. :)

So, played the full game last night with a mate of mine (local play). PA0 and basic shooting for us both.

Please a couple of 1 v 1 Random selection matches. Offline 1v1 is fantastic this year. Games aren't so scrappy like before, apart from misplaced passes. No more hammering the pressure button! Great pace to the game and you really can craft some excellent openings and well worked goals. Scored with a diving header on one occasion.

We then did a Co-op World Cup with England on professional. We played Turkey, South Africa and Ecuador in the group stages. We had 88% possession in the first half hour against Turkey, then they changed their set up and pushed more people forward which was great to see. We won 2-0, but Pickford made plenty of great saves to keep them out. My main issue with the demo was the way the ai would score pretty much every shot on target, so seeing our keeper make all these saves seemed like it had been fixed. The ai was also taking loads of different shots too including one outside the box.

We then went on to beat South Africa and then lost to Ecuador. Both games felt very different to the others which was great to see. Although all 3 of Ecuadors goals came from all 3 of their shots on target which was worrying.

We then faced Egypt in the first knockout stage and they were always looking to get the ball to Salah. It was an edgy game, but we got a late winner for 1-0 from a corner and Harry Kane header.

Spain were up next and they kept possession really well, passed it almost perfectly all the time and they were 2-0 up in 16 mins. The game ended like that. I was really happy with the game at that point. Plenty of variety in matches and thought the ai was fair.

So we started another World Cup. We played Scotland. They closed us down quickly, lunged in for tackles. They won 2-0. I accepted that, but they scored with their only 2 shots on target. We then faced Lebanon. They played like Barcelona. We lost 4-0 with them scoring all of their shots on target.

Started another World Cup, but dropped the difficulty to regular to see how it played. Drew with Greece 2-2, they scored all their shots on target, then lost 4-0 to Northern Island. They also scored all their shots on target.

We then started again, but on Amateur. Won 4-0 against Northern Island and 2-0 (would have been more, but we were testing different shooting) against North Korea. We then went back up to regular and beat USA 3-2. They scored there 2 shots on target. We then played South Korea in Group Stage. They won 3-2, scoring all their shots on target.

I don't know why, but they game felt completely different after our first World Cup attempt. After being fantastic to play, the game felt like it overpowerd the ai. Their passes became one-touch passes, they were scoring all shots they had on target. The pace of the game became faster. I'm going to try ML later on my own on professional and see how things are then, but right now I feel the ai will be scoring all the same goals from low passes into the box. Also, when they shoot, it is always high unstoppable shots. This desperately needs fixing. Goalkeepers will become redundant again like they were in 2016 if this is not addressed. Such a shame as the game is great in so many other areas.

It never was announced or on the official website.

I know that, but it was in the vid, and the guy was showing every team from Colombia (Junior FC i've remember they were high rater in attack like 76, Once Caldas etc.)

Didn't received my game today, amazon is always 1 days late when it come to PES every year haha
even if i don't have too much time right now

Ive turned HDR off and the pitches look far far better! Only thing is it looks a bit flat now. Only Konami could fuck up HDR compared to SDR...i still cannot find any contrast setting though...15356248442401865335162000379627.jpg

Edit: found it...once set up properly it actually tries to make the game look like the HDR picture.

Last edited:
Im seriously thinking on skiping this year PES. Since Im much more a offline player and after having watched some TTB on youtube yesterday, I saw that the AI is more repetitive than last year. All goals scored by the CPU was from low crosses. All goals! I notice that your players intercetp the ball quite nicely on midfield, but when it cames to low crosses, they stroggle to see the ball. When they put the foot in front of the pass, it almost always bouces to inside the box and the mess on the defense begins. Its like you cant do nothing to stop the low crosses.

I was playing the whole night through. :)

Pretty tired this morning I still remember that penalty I got. :D really. ON video!! Took me six 15 min matches. It was a standing tackle. Really glad it happened.
The speed in the full version is a little bit faster. Might be some snappier animations. I liked the demo speed a lot more. -1 is to slow for my liking. Hm.
And one other thing that was awesome. I was playing Porto against Besiktas (if I remember correct) and the keeper came out so awesome. I was entering the pen area one on one and he came out. So real. So it’s possibly. Give this ability to all keepers please!!
And a lovely powerful header I remember. This game can shine.
On the cons: the cpu needs to be more varied with shooting outside the box. Plus: Going to the wings and pass pass pass it in front of goal to direct hit it in is getting repetitive a little.

I need to play more. Waiting for the patch to drop. Any questions?!

Final note: training ground is a nice place to be. :)

What patch do you waiting for? They announced a patch?

Im seriously thinking on skiping this year PES. Since Im much more a offline player and after having watched some TTB on youtube yesterday, I saw that the AI is more repetitive than last year. All goals scored by the CPU was from low crosses. All goals! I notice that your players intercetp the ball quite nicely on midfield, but when it cames to low crosses, they stroggle to see the ball. When they put the foot in front of the pass, it almost always bouces to inside the box and the mess on the defense begins. Its like you cant do nothing to stop the low crosses.
The demo was very much like that the full game no where near as bad. Theres still times though that the cpu seems to stop you taking full control. I also think the need for super cancel is much more needed than the demo...the amount of times where i have wanted my guy to run until a ball and i have zero control over the player.

Visable fatigue How to play someone in the original Game ? (not Demo )

Is it really effective? Players even get tired when running?

Played over a dozen games on myclub against another human, 1st time ever, all those games I had never felt cheated, so far I’m really impressed with that mode.

I'll give a try this year too for Myclub, but more offline at first.
From what i've readed about news features in that mode, it doesn't looks that bad, or "kids only"

Can't get a game online on the us version. Anyone else having the same issue?

Getting the pc version (u.k) in a few days but this is still a little annoying

I'll give a try this year too for Myclub, but more offline at first.
From what i've readed about news features in that mode, it doesn't looks that bad, or "kids only"
Good thing is you don’t get many superstars at the start and the majority of your players are duds, will take quite a while to build up a decent squad this year.

So, played the full game last night with a mate of mine (local play). PA0 and basic shooting for us both.

Please a couple of 1 v 1 Random selection matches. Offline 1v1 is fantastic this year. Games aren't so scrappy like before, apart from misplaced passes. No more hammering the pressure button! Great pace to the game and you really can craft some excellent openings and well worked goals. Scored with a diving header on one occasion.

We then did a Co-op World Cup with England on professional. We played Turkey, South Africa and Ecuador in the group stages. We had 88% possession in the first half hour against Turkey, then they changed their set up and pushed more people forward which was great to see. We won 2-0, but Pickford made plenty of great saves to keep them out. My main issue with the demo was the way the ai would score pretty much every shot on target, so seeing our keeper make all these saves seemed like it had been fixed. The ai was also taking loads of different shots too including one outside the box.

We then went on to beat South Africa and then lost to Ecuador. Both games felt very different to the others which was great to see. Although all 3 of Ecuadors goals came from all 3 of their shots on target which was worrying.

We then faced Egypt in the first knockout stage and they were always looking to get the ball to Salah. It was an edgy game, but we got a late winner for 1-0 from a corner and Harry Kane header.

Spain were up next and they kept possession really well, passed it almost perfectly all the time and they were 2-0 up in 16 mins. The game ended like that. I was really happy with the game at that point. Plenty of variety in matches and thought the ai was fair.

So we started another World Cup. We played Scotland. They closed us down quickly, lunged in for tackles. They won 2-0. I accepted that, but they scored with their only 2 shots on target. We then faced Lebanon. They played like Barcelona. We lost 4-0 with them scoring all of their shots on target.

Started another World Cup, but dropped the difficulty to regular to see how it played. Drew with Greece 2-2, they scored all their shots on target, then lost 4-0 to Northern Island. They also scored all their shots on target.

We then started again, but on Amateur. Won 4-0 against Northern Island and 2-0 (would have been more, but we were testing different shooting) against North Korea. We then went back up to regular and beat USA 3-2. They scored there 2 shots on target. We then played South Korea in Group Stage. They won 3-2, scoring all their shots on target.

I don't know why, but they game felt completely different after our first World Cup attempt. After being fantastic to play, the game felt like it overpowerd the ai. Their passes became one-touch passes, they were scoring all shots they had on target. The pace of the game became faster. I'm going to try ML later on my own on professional and see how things are then, but right now I feel the ai will be scoring all the same goals from low passes into the box. Also, when they shoot, it is always high unstoppable shots. This desperately needs fixing. Goalkeepers will become redundant again like they were in 2016 if this is not addressed. Such a shame as the game is great in so many other areas.
Thanx for the insights!!
Had that feeling last night too. The cpu was playing much better and flawless. Today it’s different. Hm. might be me being tired last night.

Just received my copy - GAME ON !! :SMUG:
i told you! :BYE:
Ive turned HDR off and the pitches look far far better! Only thing is it looks a bit flat now. Only Konami could fuck up HDR compared to SDR...i still cannot find any contrast setting though...View attachment 5844

Edit: found it...once set up properly it actually tries to make the game look like the HDR picture.
so you are going with non HDR picture now!?
in gameplay cam its not as present as it should be! im with you. but the colors itself are so much better, imo. not only in replays. all over.
What patch do you waiting for? They announced a patch?
day one patch.
The demo was very much like that the full game no where near as bad. Theres still times though that the cpu seems to stop you taking full control. I also think the need for super cancel is much more needed than the demo...the amount of times where i have wanted my guy to run until a ball and i have zero control over the player.
yeah. i fell that to. need to use more SC!

started myclub today. just to see. what really felt good was the difference between players in the first match. i have good players with Suarez, Gerson, Nacho Monreal, Pyatov, Bernardon and Mendy. these are mixed between 51's to 60's! on the pitch the difference between them felt bigger than last year to me.
this is promising looking towards master league!! :)

Not sure about the training mode as an valid environment for testing. In PES2018 all players had the same speed there, while ingame you saw clear differences in direct 1on1s.

Players refuse to make runs nevermind getting tired.
Oh man, this really pisses me off about the game.

Excuse me while I lose my shit about this, it's rare that I do.

So if a teammate has low stamina, he'll be jogging alongside you at an ordinary pace. Then you press the "make a run" button... and he starts fucking walking.

Bitch, I just saw you jogging! Before I told you to run, you had enough stamina to move normally, and just because I've highlighted you, you can't even jog now?

It's such a terrible, nonsensical, bullshit mechanic.

Rant over, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom