PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

That's a nice touch. Maybe next time they'd substitute that with the player signalling wanting to come off, or just lying on the ground.

The CPU had this against me, pulled up with a hamstring issue in the last few mins then there was a little cut scene when the ball went out. Looked really cool.

I've seen a few little touches this year which PES seemed forget about since PS2 which are really adding to the game

Also, on the stats thing. The last few games I had I really felt it. I was playing with Lyon and Lazio and the difference between their better players was marked. Pace was clear against Monaco when I was Lyon, their fullbacks were overlapping with so much pace and I couldn't keep up, felt good. Plenty of misplaced passes by lesser players and loads of first touch error. Not always losing the ball but slow to get it under control or heavy touches.

Looking forward to more games after work

My one gripe is that the AI even on top player lack a killer instinct. I have seen a player go through the channel between fullback and centre back only to stop turn back and play it to the wing despite practically being 1 on 1 with the GK.

Hopefully this issue will be addressed via patch.
Patches in the past have been known to change AI approach.

I think the snow & so called 'dynamic lighting' are limited to a very small number of stadiums. Typically lazy from Konami.

I had a quick look at edit mode and noticed only 28 stadiums can be assigned to teams for ML, so that's around 17 or so that'll you can't use in that mode which is pathetic and really annoys me. They're some of the best ground's visually and I'll hardly ever see them:CENSOR:

This is one of the worst things about the game for me. I play master league more than anything else and one of the first things I do when I get a new game is check the stadiums and turf to see which looks and feels best and use them for exhibition games. What you find is that the best ones are generally not in the master league and your time is mostly spent looking at the konami stadium unless you edit all the teams stadiums.

I have noticed on all sports games that animations looks better when the background is darker. Grounds with darker green turf look better in pes and fifa. This is why pes looked a bit rubbish for a few years when most games were at night in the ML and the lighting made the turf look washed out. Even the colours of strips seem to have a difference to how the animation looks with bright reds seeming the worst and darker colours looking better, it might be the level contrast between the two colours against each other

Game is superb. Looks and move awesome. Keepers looks stunning. They have new animations. Looks really good. Atmosphere is good too. I like game very much. Feel like old school Pes :DFor some people game can be a little bit too fast but for me its ok. I wait for data pack with new stadia + full Option file :D

Think Keepers look great but there still something id like to see removed.
The 2 animations from ISS - The jumping up in a circular motion to catch the ball and the dive forward to catch the ball - which looks odd.
Love the animation of throwing the ball out under arm while jogging forward upright though.
Overall massive improvement in keepers.

Think Keepers look great but there still something id like to see removed.
The 2 animations from ISS - The jumping up in a circular motion to catch the ball and the dive forward to catch the ball - which looks odd.
Love the animation of throwing the ball out under arm while jogging forward upright though.
Overall massive improvement in keepers.
Are they still floaty?

My one gripe is that the AI even on top player lack a killer instinct. I have seen a player go through the channel between fullback and centre back only to stop turn back and play it to the wing despite practically being 1 on 1 with the GK.
I think whether you can get past this or not determines whether you can get anything out of the game - at least, if you play the AI (it's not something that editing any attributes can fix).

When the AI goes 1-on-1 and turns 90-180 degrees to kick the ball away, it totally spoils the game for me. All drama / immersion is destroyed as they essentially "throw" the game.

They still tiki-taka and the lower teams still play the same as the big teams, but compared to the AI literally refusing to score against you sometimes, I think this is the bigger issue...

I think whether you can get past this or not determines whether you can get anything out of the game - at least, if you play the AI (it's not something that editing any attributes can fix).

When the AI goes 1-on-1 and turns 90-180 degrees to kick the ball away, it totally spoils the game for me. All drama / immersion is destroyed as they essentially "throw" the game.

Surely a patch could solve such an issue?

Surely a patch could solve such an issue?
Fingers crossed, but I don't remember any PES 2018 patch significantly changing gameplay or fixing any AI issue.

Doubtless it won't be considered a "bug" (like the AI's constant chipped through-balls in 2018) so personally I don't see it getting fixed. But that's why I'm Chief PESsimist. :D

The detail at the Emirates is stunning.
Commentary is awful though.
I played Psg V Arsenal.
Drury says to Beglin - the pitch is full of superstars , who you looking forward to seeing play?

Does Beglin say Naymar, Cavani, Mbappe, Ozil ?...nope, Peter Cech.

The english commentary is absolutely dire. I switched the commentary to Spanish, was disappointed I didn't have a Japanese option to hear Jon Kabira again :(

I might just switch it off completely though and just have the crowd noise.

The english commentary is absolutely dire. I switched the commentary to Spanish, was disappointed I didn't have a Japanese option to hear Jon Kabira again :(

I might just switch it off completely though and just have the crowd noise.

Jon Kabira is my childhood hero. Give us Jon Kabira back Konami! :D

This is one of the worst things about the game for me. I play master league more than anything else and one of the first things I do when I get a new game is check the stadiums and turf to see which looks and feels best and use them for exhibition games. What you find is that the best ones are generally not in the master league and your time is mostly spent looking at the konami stadium unless you edit all the teams stadiums.

I have noticed on all sports games that animations looks better when the background is darker. Grounds with darker green turf look better in pes and fifa. This is why pes looked a bit rubbish for a few years when most games were at night in the ML and the lighting made the turf look washed out. Even the colours of strips seem to have a difference to how the animation looks with bright reds seeming the worst and darker colours looking better, it might be the level contrast between the two colours against each other
Yeah totally agree with you on all of this. So frustrating that we can't choose from any ground as visually some of the best are excluded.

There's a stadium called Estadio Alejandro Vilanueva and the game looks absolutely stunning in daytime settings, dark turf and beautiful lighting but it can't be assigned in Master League....
This would be my go to home ground in ML if it was possible but Konami says no:RANT:

when trying to start myclub for example i get "connection error - code: SGJC733_0"...

is it working for you? wtf?!

Seems like i can get used to the new pitch graphics. I had the impression the full version added a little bit antialiasing ingame, the pitch didn´t seem to be as grainy as in the demo. Pushing up contrast a little resulted in beautiful pitches, even those in sunlight are now in a delicious, fat green (Contrast 55, Brightness 40, Standard PS4).

Gameplay-wise i am still concerned about the huge gaps in midfield, which seems to stand out even more due to the earlier CPU pressing near your own box. Too often there is huge space for diagional runs across the field, while midfielders don´t see the need to interfere (which makes the gameplay appear faster than it really is). Scoring on full manual is tough, though.

I hope some stats/tactics edit and switching up to legendary difficulty (didn´t manage to unlock it so far) will help to sort this like it did last year.

Last edited:

They still tiki-taka and the lower teams still play the same as the big teams, but compared to the AI literally refusing to score against you sometimes, I think this is the bigger issue...
Chris, yes they play like top teams but they make sooo many mistakes. Just to test this last night i set up match with PSG(me) vs second french division team which name I don`t remember now but it has 2 stars. They made a lot of mistakes, poor first touch, send ball out of play etc. I was playing on top player.
Looks like this kind of play is wired in the core of pes, also Konami lazyness to change team styles for every team in the game just add to this. If devs succeed to decode ps4 OF to edit on PC and put back to ps4 we can made this easily but again, this should be done by Konami by default

Can anyone check if coop online has some filters to exclude being able to play against my club teams?

Also an image with the qualified teams to the fake champions league in ML or league mode?

Thanks

In the first few matches I played last night I felt like the manual passes had a more varied feel to them, trajectory, etc. What has always bugged me a bit about manual passing and shooting is although they can feel very good they kind of look like the same pass/shot over and over again. I am looking to move to manual shooting as well but I just really wanted to get a few goals in for my first games.

Wow im really impressed with th game. I didnt like the demo but love the full so far. Everything feels so weighty and right.

But the CPU AI is soooo bad. Apart from the keeper stuck on the line (fix it please!!!) the CPU attacks end all the same. Pass in the middle and shoot from 10 meters away. No variety and some super stupid decisions (passing the ball when 1on1 with the goalkeeper etc). If they fix the AI next year and make the headers more powerful (+keepers of course) this will be the best PES for me since 5.

Love the shooting btw with some awesome weighty animations and power (rising shots are a joy)

Couldn't agree more. It's the single worst aspect of the game for me. Game breaker, if you will.

:/ sad to hear about the ML and the cpu in the full game. I was desperate to play a decent ML with the expanded leagues with such balanced gameplay.

What about the other difficulty levels than Superstar?
On Legend, on Pro? Its still the same for the cpu?
What about ML if you tone down the transfer frequency? (or thats just in Fifa? :D)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom