PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Folks, do we know if we can cover all teams in L size this year (2048x2048)?

Slot for L kits: ~317.
Total unlicensed teams: 99.
Total kits to be exported: 99 x 3 = 297.

Premier League (Count: 18)
EFL Championship (Count: 23)
La Liga (Count: 19)
Serie A (Count: 1)
PAS (Count: 20)
PLA (Count: 18)

Aaaaaaah ... okay ... wasn't aware there's one. OK thanks

And you missed the national teams - might be about 80 teams ;)

So not all teams can be equipped with L kits.

fired up the game for first time ... played 3 exhibition matches

Game flow is a joy ... speed is definitly increased a tiny bit on 0 [default] but it feels perfect to me like classic PES games nice and responsive

won my first game in superstar 1-0. had to hang on at the end. First goal was a lovely looping headed effort with Mikhtaryan.

this might [whisper it] be the best PES in many year. Atmosphere at The Emirates is amazing that might be my master league team this year.

I am very impressed after having mixed opinions of demo!!

1. Which Platform? PS4 or XBONE?
    Manual control or default control?
PS4

Default controls

I havent got time to learn manual I have a busy life ... have always played pes with default controls.

BTW everyone, servers back up at 08.00 UTC. Thats when the squad rosters will be complete [latest transfers]

Slot for L kits: ~317.
Total unlicensed teams: 139.
Total kits to be exported: 139 x 3 = 417.

EFL Championship (Count: 23)

PLA (Count: 18)
PEU (Count: 20)
PEA (Count: 20 ?????)

100 slots short ... LOL .....
Probably wise to do the pink in L.
Then the remainder in S.
EFL Championship (Count: 24)
PLA (Count: 20)
PEA (Count: 16)
Other Latin American Teams (Count: 21)

These are accurate as I have full game and have been editing.

EDIT: Plus all the unlicensed internationals but I haven't counted them as I just leave them.

PS4 Default controls

So my question is, you played Superstar in PES 2019 and I assume you've also played Superstar in PES 2018.
Which Superstar is harder or they're about the same?

I havent got time to learn manual I have a busy life ... have always played pes with default controls.

Me too I have busy life so have always been on default controls.

EFL Championship (Count: 24)
PLA (Count: 20)
PEA (Count: 16)
Other Latin American Teams (Count: 21)

These are accurate as I have full game and have been editing.

EDIT: Plus all the unlicensed internationals but I haven't counted them as I just leave them.

Thanks buddy !

So my question is, you played Superstar in PES 2019 and I assume you've also played Superstar in PES 2018.
Which Superstar is harder or they're about the same?

its difficult to say dude. in pes 2019 the teams seem to change their tactics a lot more. eg. my first game I played as Arsenal [on Superstar] - vs - Sheff Utd ... I dominated game because Sheff Utd just sat deep but i couldnt find that second goal.

in last few mins of game they decided to attack me because they needed a goal ... leaving lots of space in behind their defence.

its FAR more tactical this year. teams play differently ... its a very good game of football!! I hated PES 2018 too it felt too ... I dunno, boring? This has a loads of character beneath it's hood, a bit like Brendan Rodgers.

GettyImages.487890436-700x367.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is country choice when you connect for the first time to the network for?

Japan isn't on this list, I wonder if it's better to chose South Korea or Other countries.

Fanx bruv I'll go ahead and plagiarize this :SMUG:

Huh? Really? When and how?

I wrote that in the demo thread.
Had a player with an empty stamina bar and in the 80th minute or so, a note popped up telling me to sub the player before he takes a bad injury as he's exhausted.
As I already took 3 substitutions I couldn't do so, but as it's been nearly the end of the match, nothing happened.
A few ones on here confirmed seeing the same thing.

Hey, where is the snow? I choose winter/snow, but the pitch is green...

No snow then? It wasn't in the demo I think, so I thought we might see it in the full release.
But it's not in?

I wrote that in the demo thread.
Had a player with an empty stamina bar and in the 80th minute or so, a note popped up telling me to sub the player before he takes a bad injury as he's exhausted.
As I already took 3 substitutions I couldn't do so, but as it's been nearly the end of the match, nothing happened.
A few ones on here confirmed seeing the same thing.

No snow then? It wasn't in the demo I think, so I thought we might see it in the full release.
But it's not in?
That's a nice touch. Maybe next time they'd substitute that with the player signalling wanting to come off, or just lying on the ground.

There is snow, I just played game with snow

Like real football matches the snow is cleared the sides of pitch and behind the the goal and undersoil heating melts the snow I guess? It’s realistic, very rare we see games with snow all over pitch now apart from lower league stadium and small teams

The detail at the Emirates is stunning.
Commentary is awful though.
I played Psg V Arsenal.
Drury says to Beglin - the pitch is full of superstars , who you looking forward to seeing play?

Does Beglin say Naymar, Cavani, Mbappe, Ozil ?...nope, Peter Cech.
Haha I noticed that too.

There are some new commentary lines but yeah it’s still very bad

I can’t stop playing though ... so addicting!

Like real football matches the snow is cleared the sides of pitch and behind the the goal and undersoil heating melts the snow I guess? It’s realistic, very rare we see games with snow all over pitch now apart from lower league stadium and small teams

Hmmm... Not all pitches have fancy underground heating system.

White pitches happen at least once a year in Swiss or Austrian Leagues. It should be all white with the gameplay that comes with :D.

This!
I like the way it's been done this year.
Around the pitch is a lot better than all over it.
In EAs game I find it too much and it hurt my eyes.

So I guess I won't be able to play the full game until the weekend. Have anyone a opinion about PA1 in the the full game vs in the demo? The same?

Any difference in speed between players lads?

I was Bale and took on Monreal. Started well behind Monreal but I got past him with amazing acceleration after double tapping R1. Was on superstar too.

Was a lovely feeling. Looked amazing. Like Monreal couldn’t handle it.

Segway a bit:

This game is a very good balance of simulation and a fun football game.

Not tooo arcades not too bogged down as a hardcore simulation. They have found an incredibly good balance. Very enjoyable

Hi all, I got my copy yesterday and have played about 6 or so games.

First off I love the new player styles.. Orchestrator is sublime.

I love the way the ball moves, the graphics look a little better this year too.

My one gripe is that the AI even on top player lack a killer instinct. I have seen a player go through the channel between fullback and centre back only to stop turn back and play it to the wing despite practically being 1 on 1 with the GK.

I think the snow & so called 'dynamic lighting' are limited to a very small number of stadiums. Typically lazy from Konami.

I had a quick look at edit mode and noticed only 28 stadiums can be assigned to teams for ML, so that's around 17 or so that'll you can't use in that mode which is pathetic and really annoys me. They're some of the best ground's visually and I'll hardly ever see them:CENSOR:

Yep it does. Every stats have an impact now. I wish the min instead of being 40 was 0. That way, we could have even more variation. Game wise, I am enjoying PES 2019. It's much more better than PES 2018 with things like CPU passing now takes account of stats at times, shooting variation, better varied AI, even more smoother dribbling, fouls and physicality, etc. I think I will play this game much more. It requires more tactical thinking and ensuring a player fits your system and style of play.

Sounds good! What about cpu attacking approach? Does it stick to the demo sideline low cross pattern?

Still in south east Asia, flying back to Germany tonight.
Can't wait to play this thing on Friday night if the jet lag didn't knock me out.

Any nice digital offer out for the PC version?

Back
Top Bottom