PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

So, guys. Do you also have this f*cking noise from PS4 Pro coolers? I hoped that would have been fixed in full release, but no. It so annoying :/

Fox Engine doesn't support interactions between more than 2 players. PES 2013 was the last game with proper aerial duels.

pretty sure i've seen them in my 2018 play recently; controller vibration when it happens/players clatter each other

Being forced to watch the last episode of peaky blinders with the Mrs. Sad times.

ti103997.jpg

Being forced to watch the last episode of peaky blinders with the Mrs. Sad times.

Now the servers are online is the patch available? Meaning transfers are correct? Or are some still incorrect?

Cheers.

Nah. We got a small DLC pack. Fixed transfers come via the live updates only. They normally land about 10AM Thursday morning. Will we get one in the morning? Who knows. :)

Anyone elses offline game messing up since the servers opened? The amount of button presses that the game does not register has went through the roof also half way through a game with the com i lost all control of my players for about 10 seconds.

One annoyance that seems to have carried over from 2018 is the DMF marking the opposition CF when the DM's team has the ball. Instead of moving into the oppositions half to support the attack they just hang out at midfield shadowing the forward. I was never able to stop that happening in 2018, was anyone?

I honestly got so bored from this game already. I kinda regret buying it. Also the graphics in my regular ps4 is so bad. Anyways the gameplay feels like pes 18 again, very disappointed. The demo was so much better, on superstar for some reason I have been getting so many red cards from the COM, not in a good way. Superstar difficult AI is so bland, it gets worse and worse as it goes. I don’t know what’s going on. Shooting is depressing, I have missed so many shots near goal. Again it feels like I’m playing a different game.

Can someone please clarify this for me? Are lower rated teams nerfed this year? I am downloading this game right now but will refund if lower rated teams play just as good as world class team. So please let me know.

Ok fellas played 3 games, settings are manual, basic shooting and professional,
AI definately makes more mistakes especially the lesser sides, I controlled and played against Brazilian club teams, so far what’s impressed me is I struggled to find easy space and that the AI makes mistakes, lot of midfield battles, felt great, highly recommend professional but you need to play it on manual cos iv noticed the game plays differently again when on PA1, very strange but it’s been like that in pes for while now, highly recommend you guys give those settings a go, don’t know how ML is going to be, as I said only played 3 games, need to play more to give a better analysis, but the number one for me so far is the pace it’s fkn old skool and perfect, am afraid to update the game incase they speed it up.

Last edited:
AI definately makes more mistakes especially the lesser sides, I controlled and played against Brazilian club teams, so far what’s impressed me is I struggled to find easy space and that the AI makes mistakes, lot of midfield battles, felt great, highly recommend professional but you need to play it on manual cos iv noticed the game plays differently again when on PA1, very strange but it’s been like that in pes for while now, highly recommend you guys give those settings a go, don’t know how ML is going to be, as I said only played 3 games, need to play more to give a better analysis, but the number one for me so far is the pace it’s fkn old skool and prefect, am afraid to update the game incase they speed it up.

If you play against the likes of Barcelona, Man City or Real Madrid with a Brazilian side, is it harder?

AI definately makes more mistakes especially the lesser sides, I controlled and played against Brazilian club teams, so far what’s impressed me is I struggled to find easy space and that the AI makes mistakes, lot of midfield battles, felt great, highly recommend professional but you need to play it on manual cos iv noticed the game plays differently again when on PA1, very strange but it’s been like that in pes for while now, highly recommend you guys give those settings a go, don’t know how ML is going to be, as I said only played 3 games, need to play more to give a better analysis, but the number one for me so far is the pace it’s fkn old skool and perfect, am afraid to update the game incase they speed it up.
God dammit Jimi I thought you got my back. I'm trying hard not to break here.

Started by playing the World Cup with Iceland. Top player, manual passing, basic shooting. Had a surprisingly easy match against Denmark, 2-0. Felt like they had made the manual passing easier again, more like 18. Scored a very nice goal with Guðmundsson.
Second match, Jamaica. They score after ten minutes and I think to myself, 'same old, worse teams play better'. But not really, I should have equalised. Now the manual passing felt more like the demo again. The last game against UAE was quite easy in the end, 3-1.
Next up, Serbia in the knockout stage. Long story short, I got massacred 6-1. All attack at 3-0 got me one back but then they just finished the job.
Finally, a single game with Liverpool against... I forget. Weaker team at least. And I effed them. 3-1 again. They even scored with a header (from a corner). That's something I guess.
Like the demo I have few feelings one way or the other at the start. But did get some really satisfying passes and decent goals/chances. Look forward to playing some more.

Notice that's there's 30 random Japanese players in the others section when editing players.

Konno of Gamba Osaka, Muroya or FC Tokyo, Hatsuse of Gamba Osaka. Dunno if these are newly added or from last years AFC Champions League teams...

God dammit Jimi I thought you got my back. I'm trying hard not to break here.
Yeah so far mate, the pace of the game is awesome, still playing more games to see how consistent it is, just played with Lazio against Atlanta, and again on professional level, the AI pressing was challenging enough not to be unrealistic also felt Atlanta were more physical in the midfield compared to the Brazilian teams I played against, honestly passing and shooting so far feels again very old skool, this is on -1 speed, but hits the sweet spot, don’t know how these games will play on master league, but exhibition has been really good so far, as for the keepers coming off there line, noticed a lot of keepers have the card defensive keeper, which makes sense being glued to there line but I tested Two offensive keepers reina and Donnaruma, they do come off the line more, but iv yet to properly test them by breaking a high defensive line to be one on one to see if they come out, also like the fact on manual who cannot ping pong pass, no way, you definately need the right players to be capable of doing that cos so far some players need time on the ball to pass and breaks momentum and I like that a lot.
Last note fouls are definately there averaging so far 3-4 against me on 10min matches but yet to get a penalty, and backheels which was my biggest concern has been minimalised they do happen still but not as bad as pes17-18 were, but again won’t know how that will be in ML when team spirit is high for the AI teams and they start to play like Barcelona, will wait and see for that.

I presume that most of the guys here play of manual settings but the playing on PA1 game is just so much faster paced than demo! I mean there is no time for anything on superstar difficulty, it's just press and counter press on both sides.

You literally miss stuff happening on pitch because of how fast it is (on default speed) It's so much more like PES 2018 now, and graphics is even worse than 2018 when using PS4 SLIM version. Probably just one more thing Konami disregarded, as it's not important for them.

I really don't know why more people with full game didn't mention pace or maybe they all just went with -1 speed or something.

Started by playing the World Cup with Iceland. Top player, manual passing, basic shooting. Had a surprisingly easy match against Denmark, 2-0. Felt like they had made the manual passing easier again, more like 18. Scored a very nice goal with Guðmundsson.
Second match, Jamaica. They score after ten minutes and I think to myself, 'same old, worse teams play better'. But not really, I should have equalised. Now the manual passing felt more like the demo again. The last game against UAE was quite easy in the end, 3-1.
Next up, Serbia in the knockout stage. Long story short, I got massacred 6-1. All attack at 3-0 got me one back but then they just finished the job.
Finally, a single game with Liverpool against... I forget. Weaker team at least. And I effed them. 3-1 again. They even scored with a header (from a corner). That's something I guess.
Like the demo I have few feelings one way or the other at the start. But did get some really satisfying passes and decent goals/chances. Look forward to playing some more.

Good insight. Thanks!

Yeah so far mate, the pace of the game is awesome, still playing more games to see how consistent it is, just played with Lazio against Atlanta, and again on professional level, the AI pressing was challenging enough not to be unrealistic also felt Atlanta were more physical in the midfield compared to the Brazilian teams I played against, honestly passing and shooting so far feels again very old skool, this is on -1 speed, but hits the sweet spot, don’t know how these games will play on master league, but exhibition has been really good so far, as for the keepers coming off there line, noticed a lot of keepers have the card defensive keeper, which makes sense being glued to there line but I tested Two offensive keepers reina and Donnaruma, they do come off the line more, but iv yet to properly test them by breaking a high defensive line to be one on one to see if they come out, also like the fact on manual who cannot ping pong pass, no way, you definately need the right players to be capable of doing that cos so far some players need time on the ball to pass and breaks momentum and I like that a lot.
Last note fouls are definately there averaging so far 3-4 against me on 10min matches but yet to get a penalty, and backheels which was my biggest concern has been minimalised they do happen still but not as bad as pes17-18 were, but again won’t know how that will be in ML when team spirit is high for the AI teams and they start to play like Barcelona, will wait and see for that.
Thanks. So's the pace the same as the demo? I'd love to know how ML's like yea.

Unless I break and give in before your ML post..

I presume that most of the guys here play of manual settings but the playing on PA1 game is just so much faster paced than demo! I mean there is no time for anything on superstar difficulty, it's just press and counter press on both sides.

You literally miss stuff happening on pitch because of how fast it is (on default speed) It's so much more like PES 2018 now, and graphics is even worse than 2018 when using PS4 SLIM version. Probably just one more thing Konami disregarded, as it's not important for them.

I really don't know why more people with full game didn't mention pace or maybe they all just went with -1 speed or something.
I don't know about the full game since I haven't bought it, but I've played -1 speed and manual in the demo. I didn't like default. I hope they didn't change that in full game.

Thanks. So's the pace the same as the demo? I'd love to know how ML's like yea.

Unless I break and give in before your ML post..

I don't know about the full game since I haven't bought it, but I've played -1 speed and manual in the demo. I didn't like default. I hope they didn't change that in full game.
Pace is exactly the same in demo, if not a lil more better in retail version

Are the option files of better quality in pesuniverse as they are paid for or in pesworld. Normally I purchase from universe.

Thoughts appreciated. Only paid 35 ish for the game so don't object to paying a little something if people agree they're a step up in quality compared to the competition.

Back
Top Bottom