PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Ninja’d!! :D

Everybody likes Pizza!!! :)

@Red Hand PS4 console capture. Not sure if PS4 can capture hdr screener.
What im noticing is the game can display the right colour of grass just not in gameplay cam... Here the colour of grass in a replay for a goal

Screenshot_20180829-222734_Video Player.jpg

And heres when it goes back to gameplay cam grass colourScreenshot_20180829-222746_Video Player.jpg

Surely the colour of grass in gameplay cannot take up processing power so it has to be toned down to light green?

What im noticing is the game can display the right colour of grass just not in gameplay cam... Here the colour of grass in a replay for a goal

View attachment 5816

And heres when it goes back to gameplay cam grass colourView attachment 5818

Surely the colour of grass in gameplay cannot take up processing power so it has to be toned down to light green?

It looks like replay have shaders/filters set up differently. PES 2018 was the same, the game looked better on replays.
Maybe they did it that way to prevent fps drop or stutters.

After 30-40 matches with the full version, this might be my biggest issue - I've been playing cup competitions and lower quality teams are playing like Man City, with lots of beautiful first touch passing moves that, like @Placebo said, I can't do anything about.

I do see variety in how they build out of the back, but once they arrive in the final third, every team can keep possession and succeeds at first touch passes. And it seems like all teams prefer quick passing - while I'll see wingers go on runs when they get behind my backline, I don't think I've hardly seen an attacking CPU player attempt a difficult dribble - they rarely try to take you on in 1-on-1 situations.

And quite frankly, the AI can be shockingly poor at times. The amount of space afforded CPU players is a problem, leading to these easy passing moves even by lower quality teams. Overall, I feel like I concede too many goals that I have no idea what else I could've done but the CPU attackers were just so wide open.

Meanwhile, defenders are so concerned with dropping deep and maintaining formation that they don't apply pressure like they should, making counter attacks too easy. I've had too many dribbles that start on the midway line and the CPU doesn't bother to close me down until the top of the box.

In attack, the CPU is way over reliant on low crosses from the wing. And it's like even the CPU knows that headed crosses never happen, because they are nearly always going for the low cross. I too have yet to see the CPU attempt many (and?) long shots.

For my own team, man I'm getting frustrated by my teammates starting runs only to stop after I've passed the ball. Again, it's like the AI players are so afraid of being caught out of position that they are making poor contextual choices. A great example is that in one of my recent matches, my fullback was wide open in the box for an easy shot, but he abandoned that space to run back into position, so my pass went to a defender. That's nuts - no footballer is going to just run away when he finds himself unmarked in the box!

So much to love but I'm really struggling with tons of frustration at the moment.
Have you tried playing on top player cos a few people on Twitter are saying top player is the best level to play at for this years game and that superstar is the worst and the way your describing it sounds like your on superstar.

And here's the post from Pro_too:
@ all mods: can we please put some more info in the opening post? things like release date and sources to OF's and stuff...
there is a lot of people asking the same questions over an over again (when they are not here all the time). in other forums i'm used to this. i would put all the infos together and send it to @Lami so he could insert that into the op!

edit:
i'll edit it further... gimme some time please. first try:

----------------------------------------------------------
Genral Information:
Manufacturer:
Konami
Developer: Konami
Genre: Sport Game
Max Payer: 1-4 local, 1-x online
Technical Specifications (Resolution/Framerate): 4k/60fps/HDR
Distribution Format: PSN / Retail Disc
Compatible Periphery: none
Price (RRP): 59,99€
Release Date: 30.08.2018
Webseite: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/officialpes?lang=en
----------------------------------------------------------
Additional Information:
Trailer:

Option Files:
PES World: https://www.pesworld.co.uk/
PES Universe: https://www.pesuniverse.com/
PES Gaming: http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412

Video Tutorials:
Spoony Pizzas Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvDPOmJS4aLG05TvpaFXNvA/videos

Have you tried playing on top player cos a few people on Twitter are saying top player is the best level to play
Even last year it was. Superstar was unballanced, scripted mess IMO.
Apparently Legend this year is good as well.
But I always find Top Player most ballanced. And if its too easy - switch to full manual.
If its still too easy - play with one hand...:D

Even last year it was. Superstar was unballanced, scripted mess IMO.
But I always find Top Player most ballanced. And if its too easy - switch to full manual.
Yeah manual is really the best way to experience pes, superstar is designed for masochists

I'm surprised people are having problems with headers. They are easy to pull off with the right players like Giroud etc

20180829_232748.jpg
20180829_232811.jpg

San Siro after the game...San Siro gameplay. Such a massive difference. The gameplay grass is miles away from the green it should look.

Did last years game not have cloudy that made it darker? Just seems to be cloudy with rain in this years which makes the pitch identical to night and rain.

Haha I love this joke line.

But I always find Top Player most balanced. And if its too easy - switch to full manual.

Don't you have that feeling that like you know there's a smarter harder more challenging difficulty than Top Player, makes you think that I'm not good enough if I can't beat Superstar ... don't you? I do ... even though I felt so frustrated with Superstar majority of the time .. Legendary in PES2018 is just bullshit ... though I did win once .. but yes, AI were sooooooooooooooo good.

Nice nice ... good to know this for PES2019 .. I shall then play 5x SuperStar .. then unlocked Legend .. then hope it feels challenging but not overly challenging.

Yeah manual is really the best way to experience pes, superstar is designed for masochists

It feels so good to know that I'm not the only one who felt that way about Superstar (& Legend); it even crossed my mind that "PES may not be the game for me .. I probably should switched to FIFA".

Have you tried playing on top player cos a few people on Twitter are saying top player is the best level to play at for this years game and that superstar is the worst and the way your describing it sounds like your on superstar.

This was on Top Player. But funny you mention this, because I've been playing around with different difficulties, and professional - while too easy for me - plays such a better game of football. The CPU makes more mistakes, so there's way more variety.

Some of this might be me just needing to get better, as I did skip last year's game. But I'm still finding that on the difficulties above Professional, the CPU is a bit too perfect and lower rated players don't play like they should. Playing on Professional with Liverpool, I can actually tell when I'm playing a lesser team.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I play on Top Player or above, I'll win but finish matches with like 2-3 tackles total. Defending I find can feel a bit like I'm just waiting for the CPU to make a mistake rather than doing any real defensive work.

PES's difficulties kinda remind me of FIFA's from a few iterations back, when on World Class or Legendary you'd watch shit teams pass it around like Barca and you couldn't do much about it.

positive-panda-meme-generator-positive-panda-says-stay-positive-006439.jpg

It will be there.
Cheers mate, Positive Panda has cheered me up a bit, but if my game doesn't pop through my letterbox tomorrow then I may have to post a gif of a not so friendly Panda :LOL:

This year we can do all kits in 2048x2048 because there is no segunda division for Italians & Spanish ?

Slot for L kits: ~317.
Total unlicensed teams: 99.
Total kits to be exported: 99 x 3 = 297.

Is the above not accurate, provided that we don't import manager photos and don't import 4th kits ?

Premier League (Count: 18)
East Dorsetshire AFC Bournemouth
East London West Ham United
East Midlands Leicester City
East Sussex Brighton and Hove Albion
Hampshire Red Southhampton
Hertfordshire Watford
Lancashire Claret Burnley
London FC Chelsea
Man Blue Manchester City
Man Red Manchester United
Merseyside Blue Everton
North East London Tottenham Hotspur
South Norwood Crystal Palace
South Wales Cardiff City
Tyneside Newcastle United
West London White Fullham
West Yorkshire Town Huddlesfield Town
WM Gold Wolverhampton Wanderers

EFL Championship (Count: 23)

Berkshire Blues Reading
Derbyshire Derby County
East Anglia Town Ipswich Town
GL Blue White Millwall
Hounslow Brentford FC
Lancashire Blue Blackburn Rovers
LN Azure Blue White Wigan Athletic
LN White Preston North End
Norfolk City Norwich City
North West London Queens Park Rangers
Notts Reds Nottingham Forest
NW White Black Bolton Wanderers
South Yorkshire Blues Sheffield Wednesday
ST Red Stoke City
SW Red Bristol City
Teesside Middlesbrough
West Glamorgan City Swansea City
West Midlands City Birmingham City
West Midlands Stripes West Bromwich Albion
West Midlands Village Aston Villa
YH Red Black Sheffield United
Yorkshire Orange Hull City
Yorkshire Reds Rotherham United
Yorkshire Whites Leeds United

La Liga (Count: 19)

AN Green White Real Betis
AN White Red Sevilla
AR Burgundy Blue SD Huesca
CL Purple Real Valladolid
CT Blue White RCD Espanyol
CT Carmine White Girona
ED Blue Burgundy Levante
ED White Orange Valencia
ED Yellow Villareal
GA Cyan Celta De Vigo
KB Red White Atletico De Madrid
MD Blue White Leganes
MD Cobalt Blue Getafe
MD Scarlet White Rayo Vallecano
MD White Real Madrid
PV Blue Red Eibar
PV Blue White Real Sociedad
PV Sky Blue White Deportivo Alaves
PV White Red Athletic Bilbao

Serie A (Count: 1)

Juventus

PAS (Count: 20)

PLA (Count: 18)

No problem, and yeah that's why I said it's a bit silly - why don't they just do it by default? The only reason I can think of is that it's maybe because you'll be a bit exposed at the back, especially if it's both CBs comming up for a corner, so in a sense it's nice that you can choose. For example you could choose just the one CB combined with a tall midfielder so you'll have some airforce without too much defensive risk.

I love how you can choose. Obviously with most teams the best options are the CB's but not always. I've been surprised in some teams to find like a 5ft 10 midfielder is listed as one of the best options to go up for the corner.

This was on Top Player. But funny you mention this, because I've been playing around with different difficulties, and professional - while too easy for me - plays such a better game of football. The CPU makes more mistakes, so there's way more variety.

Some of this might be me just needing to get better, as I did skip last year's game. But I'm still finding that on the difficulties above Professional, the CPU is a bit too perfect and lower rated players don't play like they should. Playing on Professional with Liverpool, I can actually tell when I'm playing a lesser team.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I play on Top Player or above, I'll win but finish matches with like 2-3 tackles total. Defending I find can feel a bit like I'm just waiting for the CPU to make a mistake rather than doing any real defensive work.

PES's difficulties kinda remind me of FIFA's from a few iterations back, when on World Class or Legendary you'd watch shit teams pass it around like Barca and you couldn't do much about it.
Yeah lot of guys on here including myself loved playing on professional, only issue I had with that difficulty, the ai won’t press much and you had lots of space

Ive just played a quick match. Dunno what level it was. Said I could only play exhibition matches as it wasn't fully downloaded?
Anyway it was Liverpool vs Schalke. The CPU got booked for diving in the box and Matip got outpaced by some Schalke attacker for a loose ball. Nice to see. :)

Being forced to watch the last episode of peaky blinders with the Mrs. Sad times.

Now the servers are online is the patch available? Meaning transfers are correct? Or are some still incorrect?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom