PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

In controls sheet (full version) L2 is shown with no usage when in defense.
Some was saying the use it to shield better against the opponent. What’s up with that? Just Konami?!
In options is a menu point called, delete love update data. Was that there last year?

I remember reading the L2 shielding stuff as a loading tip or something, in the demo.. it was definitely there..

I see. That may be the reason I have that feeling in PES15, when I tried manual during that time.
I still think manual in that game is tough,pretty close to FIFA's manual
Then again,some manual gets tougher because you have set it up quite realistic with sliders
But Pes 15 is tough

What shooting is everyone one , still on demo and using manual but something is definitely wrong with headers players just don't respond half the time. They don't even jump. Thinking of going to basic but not sure if it will kill the satisfaction

Played a few matches on the full game around my mates house earlier. Playing against each other was fine, however playing against the computer was horrendous - just utterly abysmal and repetitive AI. If you plan on playing this game single player/offline, personally I'd avoid at all costs. Clearly this demographic is at the very, very bottom of their agenda these days.

After 30 games I haven't seen one injury. And no particular fatigue. What's the point of a new feature that they then decide not to implement at all.

Can't say whether 30 games are enough for this.
But it feels like that visible fatigue was another farce.
On the other hand, right after typing that last sentence, I remember the note in the demo which said "your player is tired. Sub him before he gets injured badly".
So well.... Still hoping.
Too many injuries is as bad as having none.

Played a few matches on the full game around my mates house earlier. Playing against each other was fine, however playing against the computer was horrendous - just utterly abysmal and repetitive AI. If you plan on playing this game single player/offline, personally I'd avoid at all costs. Clearly this demographic is at the very, very bottom of their agenda these days.

thanks for the heads up I haven't purchased it this year its clearly a development choice to funnel players to looking online for better matches

im not claiming pes 2017 was the greatest AI but it had the basic groundwork to create a quality AI in the future then they started disabling advanced attacking tactics for most AI teams in 2018 and now this years even more repetitive patterns what a shambles

@Red Hand see this
PROEVOLUTIONSOCCER2019DEMO_20180829201753.png
for my screenshot.
i call the 55KS9090 my own. my image seems a little darker. but in comparison its not a lot.
maybe we should use a different camp not shot for comparison needs. only rely on this one yt screener seems unprofessional. ;)
watch botch pics on your telly. awesome TV btw!! wish i could afford an OLED but i'm satisfied with mine. :)

edit:
BTW: i have some nice HDR video samples (from LG) for your OLED TV. if you are interested and have a cloud service i can upload them to you!

sooooo.... now im off playing the retail 1.01!!! :D

because its fresh: someone wants to see me dig in settings and maybe training ground?! if yes, i'll set up the stream. NON HDR stream! :RANT:

;)) :BYE:

Is that a screenshot from your tv or console? Im thinking now the console does not screenshot in HDR so my screens are not the true representation. I am thinking your screen looks better so im hoping its not a direct console screenshot.

I can take screens with my tv which should keep the HDR colours will either do tonight or tomorrow but i finally found a stadium with nice grass earlier but i cannot remember the name of it....doh

The attacking levels are very important during the game and they are related to the stamina system. If you use an attack level during most of the game your midfielders and forwards will be very tired at min 70-75 and substitutions become very important. If you use a balanced attacking level the stamina of your players can last all the game, maybe people that complained about the demo stamina system didn't use attacking levels.
not only that, whole game plays differently with different attack/defense level. really reminds me of good ps2 days. love it!!! :)

Potentially keepers, yes. It's one of the things I'm a bit worried about.

I've been playing superstar since i started back at PES2018 and AI was toughies, very tough. When I played, i felt frustrated as opposed to fun hahahaha.

Maybe i need to adapt your method, play top player.

Legendary is impossible. Who's here enjoy playing Legendary ?

These light light light light green pitches are killing my enjoyment tbh every pitch is so light luminous green

Here is the San Siro in shadow which looks good until gameplay cam

PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2019_20180829141152.png

PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2019_20180829141301.png

PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2019_20180829141316.png

And then it goes to gameplay cam...

PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2019_20180829141330.png

What the hell happened to the darker more real looking grass? Every stadium so far has this weird white looking grass.

Here's what grass looks like in real life

San Siro
sansiro-stadium.jpg

Bernabue

Screenshot_2018_08_29_14_23_58.png

I dont undertand where Konami gets this from Amsterdam Arena...

https://image.ibb.co/hA4rcp/PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2019_20180829143055.png

Simply Games delivered game today. Got the same issue the pitch/grass was great in the demo but the full game the grass is too light as described above. I have played around with the ingame brighness/contrast settings to get the logo displayed but not the two balls to the side off it but hasnt cured the problem :-(

Simply Games delivered game today. Got the same issue the pitch/grass was great in the demo but the full game the grass is too light as described above. I have played around with the ingame brighness/contrast settings to get the logo displayed but not the two balls to the side off it but hasnt cured the problem :-(

@Madmac79 and @PRO_TOO

By shielding with L2 are you talking about jockeying? Because I'm pretty sure that's done with R2.
If you are talking about shielding when in possession of the ball I'm pretty sure I read someone say that was also done with R2 as well. I don't have personal experience with the latter though, other than I've felt on the demo that I sometimes triggered it with R2 but it's hard to say since it is supposed to be an automatically triggered feature.

On another note it's interesting that some people say, that Legend difficulty is supposedly quite good this year. I beleive someone said it in this thread and B-man also tweeted it earlier although on the basis of a video by a certain Curdstar...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bryan_Footy/status/1034763991258734592

Last edited:
What shooting is everyone one , still on demo and using manual but something is definitely wrong with headers players just don't respond half the time. They don't even jump. Thinking of going to basic but not sure if it will kill the satisfaction

Yeah, something definitely ain't right with headers. Not only do players not always jump for some reason, but even when they do - and when they actually make solid contact - they tend to just pass it to the keeper or float it over the crossbar.

I have been playing around with the difficulty levels and I had way more success on Professional with winning headers, but even then there was little by way of power on the shots.

One thing I just noticed today: on corners, my CBs are not in the box. They're sitting back at midfield, so there's one good reason I've yet to score off a corner!

A little request for anyone who has the full game and is familiar with the auction house in Myclub, if you could spare 5 minutes could you please check if there is any change to the way auctions are done or are they the same as last year ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

I'm on advanced shooting at the moment, also with the demo. For some reason I can't get into manual passing with the demo even though I've played manual passing and shooting extensively from 2016 through 2018. So I've switched to PA1 and also to advanced shooting to try something different. I like it for now, especially the fact that you can do low powered shots at will but it is a bit difficult to get used to - but so was manual shooting at first:BRICK:

Basic shooting I can't get into at all, mainly because the ball will often go places that I know I didn't aim. I scored a scissor kick that I felt no pleasure with at all because it didn't go where I pointed the stick.

The thing I miss most about manual passing is being able to do L1+:circle: passes in any direction. It's too hard for me to hold both L1+L2 at the same time and also get direction correct on the stick whereas it's easier to just hold L2 with :x: once in a while for a regular pass into space.

EDIT: I still have a hard time winning headers clean so I can't say if headers on advanced are better than on manual shooting...

Last edited:

that seems to be the case maybe with PES now. the 1 v 1 online or playing against human this game is one of the best sports video game experiences ever. but playing against the CPU it is not so much and it's also goes with peoples opinions on the game I have noticed. It also depends on how your settings are for offline when you play to get the best out of it as well. most people who didn't like the beta for example were only play the cpu offline and most people who loved it was playing it only online it seemed to me. This also might be the reason why konami chose to have such a short time limit vs the cpu in the beta. This game is more geared to the online crowd and myclub (FUT for FIFA) is everything and most important basically. that's how it works now with PES. I'm mainly an online gamer with both fifa and pes so doesn't affect me to much but it does suck for the people who only ever play offline vs the AI. but for playing 1 v 1 pes is the better sim footie game now and fifa is the better game vs the cpu with all the extra options and modes. Online for sure overall is better than FIFA as well with pro clubs and servers and the ease of getting into a game. but if you want the best possible 1 v 1 sim footie experience you must buy PES for that. that's my opinion. that's why I buy and play both.

Last edited:
@Madmac79 and @PRO_TOO

By shielding with L2 are you talking about jockeying? Because I'm pretty sure that's done with R2.
If you are talking about shielding when in possession of the ball I'm pretty sure I read someone say that was also done with R2 as well. I don't have personal experience with the latter though, other than I've felt on the demo that I sometimes triggered it with R2 but it's hard to say since it is supposed to be an automatically triggered feature.

On another note it's interesting that some people say, that Legend difficulty is supposedly quite good this year. I beleive someone said it in this thread and B-man also tweeted it earlier although on the basis of a video by a certain Curdstar...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bryan_Footy/status/1034763991258734592

Sorry, I don't understand precisely what you mean by "jockeying", anyway I remember than whenever you had a physical contact shoulder vs shoulder with an opponent, by pushing L2 your player would start using his arms and hips to keep him at a distance. I'm only talking about the demo, no idea how it is in the final game (don't have it, won't get it) but I'm 100% sure it worked like this in the former.

One thing I just noticed today: on corners, my CBs are not in the box. They're sitting back at midfield, so there's one good reason I've yet to score off a corner!

Yeah it's a bit silly but you have to go into Game Plan and the menu where you setup your free kick/corner kick takers, and there you can also choose the players to come up for corners. If you do this, the same players, CB for instance, will also come up for long free kicks if you choose one of the "set piece tactics" before taking the free kick.

Yeah it's a bit silly but you have to go into Game Plan and the menu where you setup your free kick/corner kick takers, and there you can also choose the players to come up for corners. If you do this, the same players, CB for instance, will also come up for long free kicks if you choose one of the "set piece tactics" before taking the free kick.

Cheers, thank you. Can't believe that by default the Liverpool CBs don't join in for corners. How does that make any sense?

Sorry, I don't understand precisely what you mean by "jockeying", anyway I remember than whenever you had a physical contact shoulder vs shoulder with an opponent, by pushing L2 your player would start using his arms and hips to keep him at a distance. I'm only talking about the demo, no idea how it is in the final game (don't have it, won't get it) but I'm 100% sure it worked like this in the former.

By jockeying I mean to make your defender wide, bending his knees a bit, thereby anticipating a pass or a dribble by the offensive player to block. That's what R2 is for, but sadly not effective enough in my view.

I've never heard of the thing you talk about but will definately try it out, cheers:SAL:

I do know that if you double tap :x: your player will sometimes make a shoulder barge on the opponent player though.

I may be wrong about this but I think to header the ball you press X, Double X to downward header.

I only say that I was jostling from a corner to head the ball back across goal and my player definitely tried a downward header.

All other crosses I have tried the shoot button and they don't jump.

Maybe a double X towards goal would work rather than shoot? Going back on to try it out

I am on manual btw

maybe this video might help with headers for some. I think most vet PES players already know this but going to post any ways because some probably don't ever use super cancel to head the ball.. but this video describes exactly how I do my headers. I use basic shooting. I think if you use advanced you can easily do low headers to goal. I don't like that setting though except for that. and i suck on manual shooting so I don't use that either.

Cheers, thank you. Can't believe that by default the Liverpool CBs don't join in for corners. How does that make any sense?

No problem, and yeah that's why I said it's a bit silly - why don't they just do it by default? The only reason I can think of is that it's maybe because you'll be a bit exposed at the back, especially if it's both CBs comming up for a corner, so in a sense it's nice that you can choose. For example you could choose just the one CB combined with a tall midfielder so you'll have some airforce without too much defensive risk.

@ all mods: can we please put some more info in the opening post? things like release date and sources to OF's and stuff...
there is a lot of people asking the same questions over an over again (when they are not here all the time). in other forums i'm used to this. i would put all the infos together and send it to @Lami so he could insert that into the op!

edit:
i'll edit it further... gimme some time please. first try:

----------------------------------------------------------
Genral Information:
Manufacturer:
Konami
Developer: Konami
Genre: Sport Game
Max Payer: 1-4 local, 1-x online
Technical Specifications (Resolution/Framerate): 4k/60fps/HDR
Distribution Format: PSN / Retail Disc
Compatible Periphery: none
Price (RRP): 59,99€
Release Date: 30.08.2018
Webseite: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/officialpes?lang=en
----------------------------------------------------------
Additional Information:
Trailer:

Option Files:
PES World: https://www.pesworld.co.uk/
PES Universe: https://www.pesuniverse.com/
PES Gaming: http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412

Video Tutorials:
Spoony Pizzas Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvDPOmJS4aLG05TvpaFXNvA/videos

Fanx bruv I'll go ahead and plagiarize this :SMUG:

On the other hand, right after typing that last sentence, I remember the note in the demo which said "your player is tired. Sub him before he gets injured badly".
Huh? Really? When and how?

Back
Top Bottom