PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Just checked ML. AI is much better (superstar) or shall i say clinical..its still crosses (which is no prob in general) but it does high crosses, lobbed through balls down the middle, runs through the defense and shots (just) outside the box. I think its playable
...now whats missing are the dribbles with good players!

About the transfers during the first window (challenge mode):

Fabregas -> Liverpool
Darmian -> Atletico
Digne -> ManU
Rüdiger -> Barca
Yoshida, Ogbonna -> ManC
Fernandinho -> Real
Varane -> Chelsea
Gündogan -> Inter

I dont think its that bad, yes its random a complex system would be nice but still. Yes these were the BIG transfers. Maybe i got just lucky tho.

You have piqued my interest here.... does the AI actually do this stuff in ML?

Can you clip any of it? Is it certain teams with certain playstyles doing this? Can you see any patterns in that instance?

Once duplicate players removed, then ML campaign can begin, of course along with the kits and comp logos. Not sure if i can start small with PESWORLD stuff or do it in 1 big bang approach. What do you think?
Once you start a ML it won't update competition logos if they're added after the fact right?

hqdefault.jpg

You have piqued my interest here.... does the AI actually do this stuff in ML?

Can you clip any of it? Is it certain teams with certain playstyles doing this? Can you see any patterns in that instance?

I would say its a bit more varied. Its pretty random tho, sometimes it plays slightly ok then back to cross mode.

Last edited:
Excuse the dodgy colours, PS4 doesn't like capturing HDR (does anyone know how to fix that?). Finally got the internet so vids incoming. Mbappe screamer and the the Auba pace and keeper coming out.

Nice. I liked how Auba got away from his defender through pace, which would not have happened in PES 18.

Like others will only jump in if AI is fixed. Playing earlier iterations makes you realise how poor and one dimensional the AI attack looks. Bit like AI bottom corner goal gate in PES 16 which was never sorted.

Fucking hell,I could have taken the train to fields and Elgiganten there and bought it for 99 Danish?
Even if I'm not getting it,that's a steal.
For you who's not Scandinavian like us,it's €9

Yeah you can still do it, but you are in Stockholm right? The train ticket must cancel out the prize difference for the "Swedish version" surely?
Otherwise you could maybe buy it online? Don't know if they deliver to Sweden.

But yeah, I wasn't really planning on getting it, but at that prize I couldn't resist:D

Btw it's more like €13 but still a damn steal!

Am I right in thinking the games had fake dynamic weather in the past? Cause I've just had a game where it's started raining whilst I was running down the pitch in the 56th minute. I'm sure it's only happened after a cutscene or halftime in the past

Yeah you can still do it, but you are in Stockholm right? The train ticket must cancel out the prize difference for the "Swedish version" surely?
Otherwise you could maybe buy it online? Don't know if they deliver to Sweden.

But yeah, I wasn't really planning on getting it, but at that prize I couldn't resist:D

Btw it's more like €13 but still a damn steal!
Nope,in Malmö mate,I've lived here for a while I can acctually see you guys since I live by the water not many Pes 19 disc throws away man:)

Am I right in thinking the games had fake dynamic weather in the past? Cause I've just had a game where it's started raining whilst I was running down the pitch in the 56th minute. I'm sure it's only happened after a cutscene or halftime in the past
"Dynamic" rain has been there in the past. If you choose rainy weather the match will start cloudy and then start raining and sometimes stop.

Hey Guys,

I'm a bit surprised that nobody on the forum seems to notice (or bother) that the game was sped up BIG TIME! in comparison to the demo.
For me it has pros and cons.

The demo was a bit sluggish at times this is definitely better due to the higher speed
but the bad thing is that you have such a limited time to think what you do next. It forces pretty much to play fast passing
counter football. Especially on full manual it's hard and was easier on the demo as you had just way more time to think.

Also the manual passing is a lot more assisted now compared to the demo. I'm also trying to figure out if I
like it or not. Pro = you can definitely play better passing combinations. Con = this can lead to ping pong games against
good opponents because it's really not that hard now to string passes together on manual.

I felt all of this on my last days on the demo (online). Faster, tighter everything, less errors, and no time to take a touch. Haven't tried the full game yet.

Superstar game speed -2 feels good with the player cam, but the only issue with superstar is how the AI almost plays ping pong at times. Frequently. And I'm not exactly playing for Barça.

On a positive note, every match I've played thus far I've enjoyed more than any matches I played in 2018.

Just checked ML.

About the transfers during the first window (challenge mode):
Fabregas -> Liverpool
Darmian -> Atletico
Digne -> ManU
Rüdiger -> Barca
Yoshida, Ogbonna -> ManC
Fernandinho -> Real
Varane -> Chelsea
Gündogan -> Inter
I dont think its that bad, yes its random a complex system would be nice but still. Yes these were the BIG transfers. Maybe i got just lucky tho.

I don't think it's bad at all .. if you're one of the lucky ones, then my suggestion is carry on with your ML and never restart :BOP:

Was going to have a dabble with master league now I have done the kits and emblems. What is this I'm reading about people holding back due to duplicate players?

What are people waiting for before starting master league? Are we due more updates from konami?

Yep, I'm surprised more isn't being made of the speed increase because it's quite a drastic compared to the demo. It feels even faster than PES 2018 at times. I'm disappointed they couldn't stick to their guns and keep it the way it was.

I would like to comment on game speed ... why does it need to be in a particular speed that person A prefer?
person B may have different preference .. then person C then person D .. to person Z.

In your case, you like the demo speed .. but Joe Bloke may prefer the full version.

Not trying to push your button or anything .. but isn't the game speed adjustment is there for a reason? slide down for slower gameplay, slide up for faster gameplay.

Unless I've misunderstood your point?

I would like to comment on game speed ... why does it need to be in a particular speed that person A prefer?
person B may have different preference .. then person C then person D .. to person Z.

In your case, you like the demo speed .. but Joe Bloke may prefer the full version.

Not trying to push your button or anything .. but isn't the game speed adjustment is there for a reason? slide down for slower gameplay, slide up for faster gameplay.

Unless I've misunderstood your point?
You can't do that online.

What is this I'm reading about people holding back due to duplicate players?

What are people waiting for before starting master league? Are we due more updates from konami?

From my understanding (correct me if am wrong, lads), there's fake players in National Teams, hence they're duplicate to the real player at the clubs .. let me try to find an example.
tzXH0eW.png

If you don't remove duplicates, in your ML, you'll see 2x Ndidi, 2x Musa, 2x Iheanacho, 2x Iwobi, 2x Awaziem etc etc etc.

i played two online division games. disgusting. both opponents were boosted. they played crap as hell but due to some momentum thing both scored their only two counter chances. i just couldnt score not even on an empty goal

Thats miserable, you can even tell he wants to defend the game and is struggling with it, but if thats how the AI play, there is no fun in that at all.

I used to love watching goals from the AI that came out of the blue, something different, not always a cracker, but a scramble... something grubby. Id even save their goals as replays as id enjoy them.

This, constant drivel down the wing and a low ball in. Sod that. I dont want to feel like this over PES but thats gutting as I was hopeful this year.

The biggest issue this year is the attacking AI and how predictable it is. It seems like KONAMI have forgot to remove a debug code that makes the CPU AI play the same way every time.

I started a Master League played 2 games v Watford and Liverpool on the hardest setting (superstar?) exited out and switched off midway through second half of Liverpool match. I couldn't stick watching the same attacking moves over and over. Lob out to wing, ball down line, few turns by player back and forth and low cross to near post. Rinse and repeat.

Not one shot against me from outside the box; and i even had Salah through on goal against me, but instead of bursting through and closing down on my keeper, he turned round and played the ball backwards to Henderson who pinged a first time ball out to the wing and... yep, low cross. I don't know how devs would fix it as i have no clue how it works in that side of things, but I am guessing it just needs a bit of balancing via a patch perhaps?

From my understanding (correct me if am wrong, lads), there's fake players in National Teams, hence they're duplicate to the real player at the clubs .. let me try to find an example.
tzXH0eW.png

If you don't remove duplicates, in your ML, you'll see 2x Ndidi, 2x Musa, 2x Iheanacho, 2x Iwobi, 2x Awaziem etc etc etc.
Thanks for the info

Had the game a whole day so far and very good impressions and some of the same concerns regarding A.I but nothing that i don't feel ruins everything for me.

Firstly, A.I in football games since PES 6 has been lacking - in FIFA/PES there's clear patterns of behaviour that fall under the very unrealistic and ruins immersion, we're in a day and age where because games look stunning the AI behaviour sticks out like a sore thumb, so simply put there is a long way for both games to go to recreate proper varied ai opposition without making it feel "cheaty".

I've had some really enjoyable games on top player especially where it seems the games have real ebb and flow and the AI change their tactics depending on what you do, i.e if you cross alot you'll see "swarm the box" becomes a defensive tactic, pretty impressive.

On the other hand around 60 per cent of the AI crosses today or more than half have been low, however these can be easily defended with use of triangle and also controlling a second player. Since i've become a bit wiser to this, the AI has been adapting somewhat and putting in higher balls or simply not crossing.

Headers - i'm going to say this, the most satisfying part this year is scoring headers there's a real skill to it, you have to use timing, super cancel at times and really aim your cross and have an idea of where your striker is. We've become too used to simply pressing cross and hoping for the best as they were easy goals on PES17 and 18, if you can get good at headers it will take people by surprise online and also the AI. High crosses are a good tactic to use if you time them well, also knowing the pace of your cross can often be key to a bullet header or a floaty one. It's also not limited to simply having a target man, i've scored headers with Danny Ings, Harry Kane, Messi, Nathan Redmond, Mark Noble, Oriel Romeu - all sorts of builds of players! - the variety in the headers is stunning. AI marking is MUCH stronger this year, and also it pays to get a yard on the defender with a feint or trick to surprise the defence.

The keepers - some come off their line, but most don't when one-on-one it is a clear bug, and one which i am hopeful will be fixed. To be fair i haven't scored too many one on ones so it hasn't completely ruined things for me.

Online - no lag and also in exhibition matches i played Anderlecht, Celtic, Lazio, Napoli, a real mix and i played as West Ham and Southampton, so nice to not be paired with Barca/Real/Liverpool or massive teams.. - also i love how if you slow the game down it really throws people.

The ball physics this year are the best i've ever seen in a game, and the players have so much weight to them, stats really matter, the individuality is brilliant as each player feels different.

Negatives - lack of stadiums and Konami stadiums are poor, can't they recreate more smaller grounds!
- Menus - commentary - presentation - offline modes (Master League needs a revamp! and BAL)
Atmosphere - sounds the same since PES 6 frankly
- edit mode needs more options
- exhibition mode, more weather needed and net types etc
- broadcast camera wtf is with the zoom in that needs to go
- commentary, no change same old lines "when the body gets tired the brain goes with it" and i was playing as Real Madrid VS Everton and the commentator said the player that is key is Seamus bloody Coleman!

Overall the gameplay has gone up a notch - work on a couple of ai issues low crosses and keepers and i'd be happy but Konami HAVE to improve the easily fixable negatives i've mentioned. If they have licenses for leagues why can't they have more stadiums!

and the AI change their tactics depending on what you do

I had 2 games where Suarez scored 2 .. and Dembele scored 2 .. and AI put Tight Marking on Suarez in 1 game and Dembele on the other game.

The ball physics this year are the best i've ever seen in a game, and the players have so much weight to them, stats really matter, the individuality is brilliant as each player feels different.

Agree

but nothing that i don't feel ruins everything for me.

Agree; i'm sounding more and more like PES fanboy now ..

commentary, no change same old lines

Hot knife through butter!

I'm in Australia and this will be the 4th year in a row I've gotten the digital copy. My prediction is that come tomorrow, EB Games, JB HIFI etc won't release the game. PES 2016, 2017 and 2018 have all been delayed in Australia by 1-3 weeks so I just pre order digital copies now. I asked one of the staff members at EB Games last year why it always gets delayed in Australia. You could tell he didn't want to give me the real answer but he pretty much stated that it's because of FIFA.

Most eb games don't even promote pes..its like e.a has paid them off or something lol

Back
Top Bottom