PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Even if you had twitter it wouldnt change much. There is only a small chunk of txt you can write and it will be lost among all kids posts showing off their starting 11 and players they spinned.
Konami should create feedback option on their official webside, where you click, it opens a window and you can type whatever you want.
Even if 9 out of 10 were useless of abusive messages, they still could gather some really good and simple to implement ideas, which would make the game so much better.
Unfortunately thats not the world we r living in.
I was trying a while ago to find contact details to some higher Konami head to suggest some proper feedback/communication system at some stage, but didnt find anyone, who would seem a good person to write to.
Looks like they are happy enough to leave Bhatti and his gang on a front line to serve as a buffer and imitation of developer/fan communication. In the meantime they will just continue to do what they want.

Yes a proper feedback form, not one with prefixed multiple choice answers, would be the best. There are so many tiny-tiny issues that could be easily fixed with a single patch, don't even require more than 8 working hours. Tunes and tweaks to make a better user interface,fix the commentary volume level in other languages than englsh etc.
I repeat, i know that it is not their policy to have after sale service of this level.As you said this is the world we are living.

So I had to go back på Manual passing in Divisions last night, I jsut couldn't cope with people obviously having higher PA than 1, such a waste of time.

On the other hand! Manual passing is really fantastic. I usually never pick the big dogs but I went for Man City just to feel the difference with REALLY good players. Although it still could be debated that passing stats don't matter when on manual it sure as hell feels like it does. It might be because the really good players are faster, more technical, more responsive etc but the likes of Silva and De Bruyne just pass the ball better, simple fact. Or if you want to go EXTREMELY placebo one could argue that I become a better passer when I have the ball with De Bruyne since I know he is a great passer IRL.;) Who knows, it's PES...
Was really curious how passing stats affects manual.
I used Barca and changed all low and lofted passing stats of the players to 40. Yes, I know it's a bit extreme but just really want to see if there's a difference.
I can really feel from the very beginning that there's a difference. First thing I noticed are the passes are less powerful.
This caused opposing players to intercept the ball first before it gets to my player.
After a few games, I was able to adjust the power I applied with my passes, and these situations became less.
However, it still felt different. I still do more than 80% pass completion rate but it felt labored.
Sometimes they feel normal but there are times they are not, specially on tight situations.
There are some quick passes that I can normally do that I can't. Not all the time but very noticeable.
Another thing, the receiver of pass seems to be nerfed. They don't react as well.
These are just my observation after about 5 games.:D

If you have time, it would be nice if you could do something similar. Maybe, change the passing stats of De bruyne and Silva and play a few games against CPU SS. Just curious if you'll noticed the same thing.
But then, placebo might take into effect and you play worse with those players since you know they have bad passing stats. :))

About manual headers? I haven't scored a manual header for more than 2 weeks.
The last time I did, I was not really satisfied. It was powerful and perfect but felt I hadn't earned it.
Isco was Top form running towards the goal that you know he's going to score no matter what. I'm not even sure if I pointed the stick towards the goal when I scored the header.
Maybe, It's just so rare for me to score manual headers that whenever I score one, I always thought it was just given to me by the game. For me, headers feels just about luck, just wait for the time that the game will give you one.

My next experiment, I'll make all players in a team have 99 headers. Play 10 games. If I'm not able to score one header then FUCK IT!:D

Last edited:
I was playing a match recently with advanced shooting, which i love to bits (and couldnt stand not having it on FIFA). I've created an absolute beauty of an action and then passed the ball to one of my CF's. He had empty goal and about 3m distance from it...and I hit a crossbar. I was laughing at myself, coz advanced shooting from close up is actually quite difficult. :LOL:
You have to pull stick back to ensure that you shoot on target, coz when you are aiming at top corners they tend to miss.
One thing to remember when someone is not happy, that he is on manual shooting and play against advanced.

That whole action got me thinking. What if i didnt press any direction on advanced shooting? Would i still shoot on goal? Would it be high or low?

I was playing a match recently with advanced shooting, which i love to bits (and couldnt stand not having it on FIFA). I've created an absolute beauty of an action and then passed the ball to one of my CF's. He had emtpy goal and about 3m distance from it...and I hit a crossbar. I was laughing at myself, coz advanced shooting from close up is actually quite difficult. :LOL:
You have to pull stick back to ensure that you shoot on target, coz when you are aiming at top corners they tend to miss.
One thing to remember when someone is not happy, that he is on manual shooting and play against advanced.

That whole action got me thinking. What if i didnt press any ditection on advanced shooting? Would i still shoot on goal? Wouod it be high or low?
Where's the goalie?

If there's no goalie, you'll probably score since the aim is at the center of the goal.
Just like basic, when you don't put a directions it aims at the center. It's on target most of the time but the GK will save it most the time too.

Where's the goalie?
Haha! Believe it or not but he actually came out to get the ball. It wasnt clean one-on-one, i had few lovely passes and one of them was a bit harder, lobbed through ball, so goalie rushed out to get it. But i got there first and tapped it to my CF.

Haha! Believe it or not but he actually came out to get the ball. It wasnt clean one-on-one, i had few lovely passes and one of them was a bit harder, lobbed through ball, so goalie rushed out to get it. But i got there first and tapped it to my CF.
Yup, that's one of those situation where goalie isn't glued.
Just confused if it's one on one or really an open goal.:)
It's an open goal so you'd probably score. But there's a 0.1% chance you'd miss.:D

The thing with manual vs advanced is that there are situations when you just need to tap with advanced that you'll be able to score. On manual you really need direction(and space, sometimes).
There are also some angles that you can't score with manual that are extremely easy in advanced.
R2 shots are extremely effective inside the box with advanced, on manual it's extremely difficult if you don't have enough space since you need to position your body properly first, before you can hit an effective R2.

Basic, advanced and manual are all fun but I think the best way to play this game is against a player with same skill level and pass/shoot settings.

Last edited:
R2 shots are extremely effective inside the box with advanced, on manual it's extremely difficult if you don't have enough space since you need to position your body properly first, before you can hit an effective R2.
I keep forgetting about this bleeding R2. Im just hammering them whenever i get a chance. Cant beat a good old Roberto Lacos rocket! :LOL:

Was really curious how passing stats affects manual.
I used Barca and changed all low and lofted passing stats of the players to 40. Yes, I know it's a bit extreme but just really want to see if there's a difference.
I can really feel from the very beginning that there's a difference. First thing I noticed are the passes are less powerful.
This caused opposing players to intercept the ball first before it gets to my player.
After a few games, I was able to adjust the power I applied with my passes, and these situations became less.
However, it still felt different. I still do more than 80% pass completion rate but it felt labored.
Sometimes they feel normal but there are times they are not, specially on tight situations.
There are some quick passes that I can normally do that I can't. Not all the time but very noticeable.
Another thing, the receiver of pass seems to be nerfed. They don't react as well.
These are just my observation after about 5 games.:D

If you have time, it would be nice if you could do something similar. Maybe, change the passing stats of De bruyne and Silva and play a few games against CPU SS. Just curious if you'll noticed the same thing.
But then, placebo might take into effect and you play worse with those players since you know they have bad passing stats. :))

About manual headers? I haven't scored a manual header for more than 2 weeks.
The last time I did, I was not really satisfied. It was powerful and perfect but felt I hadn't earned it.
Isco was Top form running towards the goal that you know he's going to score no matter what. I'm not even sure if I pointed the stick towards the goal when I scored the header.
Maybe, It's just so rare for me to score manual headers that whenever I score one, I always thought it was just given to me by the game. For me, headers feels just about luck, just wait for the time that the game will give you one.

My next experiment, I'll make all players in a team have 99 headers. Play 10 games. If I'm not able to score one header then FUCK IT!:D

Wow, great work mate! And interesting hearing about the Barca players. There are probably some passing stat that come into play even on manual then, although very subtle.

Wish I had the time to test that pal but with two kids I have to really play the game when I get the chance! ;)

Yeah manual headers are in some way not working properly, I guess that is a fact by now. The patch really need to adress this.

@Elanimator headers are possible. Please believe me.
You really have to go to the ball. Move the player to the ball with super cancel!!
Let me look for a video... brb

Edit: here we go:
Please give it a try!

This could be another point crossed off the list for you. I did weeks ago. :)

I try to explain it weeks ago. It not a bug, its something people had to relearn. Thats what called a bug is the realistic way to take headers, nothing more. Every player who stands on the field in real life knows that is the way it is when it come to headers. One step ahead are 3 seconds more to act.
Ok their are situations, maybe to difficult to handle, but it was and is never a bug.

The guy in the video say it exactly on point. Timing in pes is everything. Thats it! Improving the timing in all inputs and get great situations. It isn't only on headers, i mean all inputs. Receiving a long ball with r2 and directions its not simple as its shine. These inputs with perfect timing gives you a lot of different situations and animations.

This week we've launched our week fixtures with the full manual 10v10 team play league. Some fun and hard fought games. League is growing and even bigger than last year!

Wow, great work mate! And interesting hearing about the Barca players. There are probably some passing stat that come into play even on manual then, although very subtle.

Wish I had the time to test that pal but with two kids I have to really play the game when I get the chance! ;)

Yeah manual headers are in some way not working properly, I guess that is a fact by now. The patch really need to adress this.
I have 3 kids, I know what you mean. :)
I just have more time playing PES than others because my work allows me to do that.:DD

@Elanimator headers are possible. Please believe me.
You really have to go to the ball. Move the player to the ball with super cancel!!
Let me look for a video... brb

Edit: here we go:
Please give it a try!

This could be another point crossed off the list for you. I did weeks ago. :)
Thanks mate. However, I don't think this will work. I'm already using super cancel in the past on headers but still mostly floaty when I hit the ball.
Spoonypizza even mentioned in the comment section that it doesn't work on manual and that manual control for headers is broken.

The guy in the video say it exactly on point. Timing in pes is everything. Thats it! Improving the timing in all inputs and get great situations. It isn't only on headers, i mean all inputs. Receiving a long ball with r2 and directions its not simple as its shine. These inputs with perfect timing gives you a lot of different situations and animations.
The guy also mentioned in the comment section that what he's showing in the video doesn't work when using manual controls.

I try to explain it weeks ago. It not a bug, its something people had to relearn. Thats what called a bug is the realistic way to take headers, nothing more. Every player who stands on the field in real life knows that is the way it is when it come to headers. One step ahead are 3 seconds more to act.
Ok their are situations, maybe to difficult to handle, but it was and is never a bug.

The thing is that the button lag online make it extremely hard to perform. And I don't have a bad connection so it isn't that.

Also, the miss the open goal from 50cm is hard to explain. I mean, the player just have to put his head there (and does) but the ball just balloons.

In the video he isn't using manual shooting, that's where imo the problem with headers lay.

The thing is that the button lag online make it extremely hard to perform. And I don't have a bad connection so it isn't that.

Also, the miss the open goal from 50cm is hard to explain. I mean, the player just have to put his head there (and does) but the ball just balloons.

In the video he isn't using manual shooting, that's where imo the problem with headers lay.

We scored a header from set piece in team play today. Check the third goal, second video a couple posts above.

I think it's fine in 10v10, in 1v1 it's probably less organic (more rails, more snap)

Reactions: Dom
Started new ML awaiting patch. Chose Bundesliga (Stuttgart) to see how boys from Pesuniverse did. Once the patch is out I might start new, proper one.
PA1, Advanced Shooting, Superstar.
Decided not to buy anybody to make things interesting.
Picked formation, put young, promising players in first 11. Did the tactics and all that Jazz.
End Result - Team Spirit - 36 :LOL:

But I said to myself - I aint changing anything! Im the manager and I'll be telling them how to play, not the other way around!
Respect my authorita!!!

...Lost first 5 matches, including opening match of the season 7-1. 7 (SEVEN) - 1. :LOL:

After that I decided to let it go and not get overly pissed off about loosing or low crosses or anything else. Turn the "Whateva" mode on.
6th match. Against Hertha Berlin. 15 mins in - loosing 2-0. Whateva.
...And then miracle happend. I won the game 4-2! And it was the nicest match I had this year on Pes. Just pure pleasure.
Im not giving up on this game. The potential for fantastic matches is there. Roll on AI patch!

Game us unplayable without patch.
Just lost 4-0 to United which is no problem but 3 goals were all low cross and 4th was 3 laser guided back heels that ended with tap in. Truly awful game this is. I'm not sure konami will patch it enough. The AI seems broken. Can that be fixed via a download. Needs to improve hugely for me to keep it

i tried again, but i'm so tired of the same AI goals (mid or high one touch) and LCS over and over again.
this repetative stuff really is enoying over time, imo! i hope they can somehow fix (bet they only polish) it by the end of october.
it can shine so bright in some situations...!! :CONF:

@Emroth not sharing all your views from the latest comment but i like your spirit! :) have a like! :D

Shame as I love the crossing and a lot of stuff in it but I can't get passed the awful AI
Im the same man!!
Love the weight of manual crosses!! There is so much good stuff in it, when playing manual. But yeah, that repetitive AI does my head in over time. Want that fix so badly.
If it gets fixed, what about keeper?! At the other game I’m so spoiled when they rush off the line. :)

I can't share this opinion. Yesterday after 2 weeks playing fifa i score a header on manual with giroud. And in fact that i score this one with an defender in front of me but giroud with his strong body and good header stats (+90 i think) can reach the ball and score, has confirmed to me that this stats matters more then ever. Same situation with suarez and this goal will never happen. I can understand thats very annoying, but for me it feels right how it is. A game with 1 or 2 goals with headers everyone would call it overpowered or defending is broken.

Yeah I have made some headers in training with manual shooting but online it's a different story. So it might be that the timing/positioning etc suger from even the slightest lag.

What I can't explain is why players don't even attempt to jump sometimes. I have had online matches where the likes of Balotelli doesn't even try regardless of timing.

But I'll keep at it!
I can't share this opinion. Yesterday after 2 weeks playing fifa i score a header on manual with giroud. And in fact that i score this one with an defender in front of me but giroud with his strong body and good header stats (+90 i think) can reach the ball and score, has confirmed to me that this stats matters more then ever. Same situation with suarez and this goal will never happen. I can understand thats very annoying, but for me it feels right how it is. A game with 1 or 2 goals with headers everyone would call it overpowered or defending is broken.

Last edited:
Hello all,
first message here, but l've been playing PES and Winning Eleven since the PS1 times (although have skipped a couple of generations)
I find the 2019 version pretty good, in fact I felt so much in love with the demo (played on Xbox) that have decided to buy a PS4 on release date, just for being able to apply game patches.
I've played the game almost every day for a couple of weeks, started a league with Juventus (my team IRL) and enjoyed most of the time...until a couple of weeks ago. I started loosing interest, found the AI playing in the same way all the time, and struggled to get points even playing on Regular level (I play full manual).
This morning I tried playing the same match (Juventus Inter) at least 4 times, and always ended up loosing by 4 or 5 goals.
Then I decided to switch level to Top Player and played the same match: 0-0!!!
I couldn't believe how different the gameplay was: my players were more reactive, quicker and passed the ball much better. The 4 defenders were aggressive and kept the line much better. The CPU players were also playing in a very different way: a couple of bad tackles led to yellow cards and an injury to Bernardeschi. Never seen anything like that playing a Regular level.
It really doesn't make much sense: playing at Top Player was easier than Regular!! How is that even possible?
I'm obviously not complaining: it felt like playing the game for the first time, but I'm wondering if the difficult level affect my teammates, as well as the opponents.
Sorry for the long post, but I really wanted to share this with some experts :-)

This thing about timing is bs tho. PES past games had fun elements to it, headers can be wide and on point. But today it’s like 80% impossible to pull a great header, mine almost always go wide, to the opponent or just a weak header. Also I don’t like how the crossing doesn’t go higher, it feels like it goes pin point to a certain height on purpose. They clearly did this so that people don’t complain about how it’s easy to score. Pes 2014 had a really good crossing mechanics. Now Giroud doesn’t even feel like how he’s supposed to. Also the R2 cross is pointless, never worked for me, it’s just a gimmick. Also I don’t understand when I press circle, the player sometime heads it instead of crossing it. It’s very dumb, how is that a thing, I should only be able to pass using X and triangle.

Also I don’t understand when I press circle, the player sometime heads it instead of crossing it. It’s very dumb, how is that a thing, I should only be able to pass using X and triangle.
Because circle is also a lob pass not just a cross. You can lob pass by using your head, right?
If you want to cross then should wait for the ball to drop below head level before pressing circle.
Also, I think(not sure) lob pass is supposed to be a lob pass directly to a player, unlike lofted through-ball where it is aimed towards a "space".

This thing about timing is bs tho. PES past games had fun elements to it, headers can be wide and on point. But today it’s like 80% impossible to pull a great header, mine almost always go wide, to the opponent or just a weak header. Also I don’t like how the crossing doesn’t go higher, it feels like it goes pin point to a certain height on purpose. They clearly did this so that people don’t complain about how it’s easy to score. Pes 2014 had a really good crossing mechanics. Now Giroud doesn’t even feel like how he’s supposed to. Also the R2 cross is pointless, never worked for me, it’s just a gimmick. Also I don’t understand when I press circle, the player sometime heads it instead of crossing it. It’s very dumb, how is that a thing, I should only be able to pass using X and triangle.

Sorry mate, but i think its your own fault and maybe you are not willing to learn it. But than the other game is the best choice for you, because in fifa you can push square anytime without take care of your timing. Its a cool game too for sure. But to say the pes timing thing is bs, show that many people dont want to deal with the complexity of a videogame. Nothing personally mate, but cant let this hanging in the air

Yeah I have made some headers in training with manual shooting but online it's a different story. So it might be that the timing/positioning etc suger from even the slightest lag.

What I can't explain is why players don't even attempt to jump sometimes. I have had online matches where the likes of Balotelli doesn't even try regardless of timing.

But I'll keep at it!
I have an opposite experience. Most of the manual headers I'm able to score that feels organic is online. I think that's because human defenders are more prone to errors(positioning, timing, player swithing issues).
When I play offline, I usually play big teams vs big teams so maybe defenders are better.
That's why when I score offline against CPU, it felt it was given.

My online experience is almost lagless but that's because there's a near server here and I usually play with my cousin who's just less than 20km from me.
You're from the far end of Europe, I'm not sure if there's a near server there. Even if you have a fast internet connection, the PING from the server will cause lag if it's far.
---------------------------------------------

Lag is weird. Sometimes you thought there's only minimal lag but it's a very significant lag.
In Pes2018, I play on teamplay friendly against my cousin.
We use teamplay instead of normal friendly so that we can set difficulty to Superstar. I'm not sure if it really matter but I think teammates and goalies are better on this difficulty.
I thought I have no lag(or only minimal lag) . But then it seems that all the 50/50 balls are in favor of him and he's also able to intercept/predict my passes, easily. He can move quickly to where I would pass the ball.

What we did is I record my gameplay and he recorded his gameplay too. Then I play both videos on my PC and analyzed it frame by frame. What a LAG difference between me and him. Both gameplay/animations are exactly synced. The only difference visually are the power gauges when passing/shooting. It means that his input is quicker to activate in the game, mine is a few frames late.

For example:
If my cousin pressed pass: after roughly 14 frames, his player will pass (in both our screen).
If I pressed pass: my player will pass, after roughly 26 frames.
It means my actions are always roughly 12 frames late, plus the additional time the game will sync both our games.

It's okay if the lag is the same for both of us. The problem is that my lag is greater than him.
We fixed the issue by playing on "online friendly" instead of "team-play friendly".
The friendly server here is closer than the team-play server. The thing is we're approximately same distance from the team play server, not sure what's causing more lag on my end.

Here's the video. I slowed it down. I showed it to my cousin during that time and we agreed that all his "more than 20 consecutive wins against me" are null and void:DD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom