PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

played 3 games last night. The stadium gfx are really awesome!! Best I’ve seen in a football game yet.
That’s one of the strong points imo.

Agreed, some stadiums especially the south american ones look great, I like playing at Boca's stadium, night time with rain.

Different times of day and hours.
The dynamic lighting we were promised for PES 2019 but we didn't get due to whatever reasons.

DpD789eX4AElMqo.jpg

DpD78-YWsAA0Ehs.jpg

https://cgworld.jp/feature/201810-cedec-05we2019-2.html

So, after reading that article/interview, I think I finally get why the so called Dynamic Lighting wasn't there in PES 2019 like we expected.
Apparently, when playing at certain hours, the sun light and shadows made it very difficult to play in some of the stadiums, for example playing at 16:00hs the contrast was too much. And since they have about 40 stadiums in the game, they had to work on about 200 patterns for the different times of day (morning, noon, evening, night, and the changes betrrween them). So they decided to leave it as a cosmetic event for some stadiums at half time, while they sort it out for next version.

See? If they had explained this back on July, it would have been so different.

The dynamic lighting we were promised for PES 2019 but we didn't get due to whatever reasons.

DpD789eX4AElMqo.jpg

DpD78-YWsAA0Ehs.jpg

So, after reading that article/interview, I think I finally get why the so called Dynamic Lighting wasn't there in PES 2019 like we expected.
Apparently, when playing at certain hours, the sun light and shadows made it very difficult to play in some of the stadiums, for example playing at 16:00hs the contrast was too much. And since they have about 40 stadiums in the game, they had to work on about 200 patterns for the different times of day (morning, noon, evening, night, and the changes betrrween them). So they decided to leave it as a cosmetic event for some stadiums at half time, while they sort it out for next version.

Ok... but do you not test something before you announce that you can do it??
Sorry, but thats amateurs at their finest!
Just laughable.

On a plus side - had few games yesterday. Started new ML. AI wasnt frustrating too much on Superstar. I had great few games.
If we get a bit more imagination and creativity from AI plus some long shots, ill be happy enough.
And id love to get rid of that AI boost in the last 10mins. 9/10 times they have a comeback or winning the game. Havent won single match even tho i was winning 4 until last 10mins. Its a bit unrealistic to have every single AI team going mental at the end, regardless whether its Chelsea or Crystal Palace.

Just yet more lies from Konami, announce something then don't even put it in the game.
They really are a complete absurd joke. They treat paying customers like idiots and have the absolute worst public facing PR dept ever.

2nd game in a week.
Decided to go from top player to SS manual,and it plays much better on SS.
My players that are good really shines.
Had Napoli at home and had a 2-2 draw after a great game
Obviously they equalised in the 90th minute.
And my first thought were "piece of shit scripting'" but it was on me,taking a touch in your own box instead of clearing it isn't a wise move.

Great game, physical,lots of freekicks,felt really good returning back to Pes after a few days elsewhere

Ok... but do you not test something before you announce that you can do it??
Sorry, but thats amateurs at their finest!
Just laughable.

On a plus side - had few games yesterday. Started new ML. AI wasnt frustrating too much on Superstar. I had great few games.
If we get a bit more imagination and creativity from AI plus some long shots, ill be happy enough.
And id love to get rid of that AI boost in the last 10mins. 9/10 times they have a comeback or winning the game. Havent won single match even tho i was winning 4 until last 10mins. Its a bit unrealistic to have every single AI team going mental at the end, regardless whether its Chelsea or Crystal Palace.
i played again last night, when i was playing the other game every day for weeks now!
the gfx in the stadiums really impressed me, again! the details... THAT 4k plus HDR...! stunning!
but i noticed the missing gameplay variety compared to what i played the last days. it really hit me! ball physics still top notch, imo!

i will wait for the late october patch and surely give it another try! meanwhile... you know where to find me. ;)

Decided to go from top player to SS manual,and it plays much better on SS.
My players that are good really shines.
Had Napoli at home and had a 2-2 draw after a great game
Boom!
Glad you finally tried SS. It really is a better game on it. Unfortunately scripting is a bit abusive there. I know that you think this last minute goal was on you, but wait till you play few more games and every single time they come back at the end. Most of the goals will be on you, but they are outcome of unrealistic pressure from crazy boosted AI teams. This sort of scripting should be reserved for Legendary, coz if you play Legendary, you are basically looking for Hardcore experience straight outta Dark Souls.
Superstar should be left alone and it should play the way it plays till 80th minute. Matches are great, AI pressure is high but realistic and there are also errors from AI. It really plays beautifully.
Hope they will tune down scripting with the patch. At least tiny bit.
Im still insisting on playing SS, coz 80mins of real football joy outweigh last 10mins of frustration...for the moment anyway.

Boom!
Glad you finally tried SS. It really is a better game on it. Unfortunately scripting is a bit abusive there. I know that you think this last minute goal was on you, but wait till you play few more games and every single time they come back at the end. Most of the goals will be on you, but they are outcome of unrealistic pressure from crazy boosted AI teams. This sort of scripting should be reserved for Legendary, coz if you play Legendary, you are basically looking for Hardcore experience straight outta Dark Souls.
Superstar should be left alone and it should play the way it plays till 80th minute. Matches are great, AI pressure is high but realistic and there are also errors from AI. It really plays beautifully.
Hope they will tune down scripting with the patch. At least tiny bit.
Im still insisting on playing SS, coz 80mins of real football joy outweigh last 10mins of frustration...for the moment anyway.
Thanks for the tip on SS,Haven't played it since Pes 16 I guess.
Yes it plays very well,pace and errors from the CPU being very good.
Really lovely.
Guess I'll lose it if I have 5-6 games with last minute equaliser,but for now it's no going back for me.
Do you experience last minute goals no matter team you play against?
Or is it just the top teams?

Thanks again mate,you really made my Pes feel good again,I couldn't face yet another freekick free game over at the other side.

this looks amazing on PS4 Pro...so glad I've upgraded to 4K.

I've just installed option file....am I right in saying that I can start a Master League and add to the game here and there as I go along?

For example, I have edited most European clubs. I would like to add MLS etc at some point....will that be possible or will the teams be ' locked ' into Master League [the original fake teams :) ]

Thanks for the tip on SS,Haven't played it since Pes 16 I guess.
Yes it plays very well,pace and errors from the CPU being very good.
Really lovely.
Guess I'll lose it if I have 5-6 games with last minute equaliser,but for now it's no going back for me.
Do you experience last minute goals no matter team you play against?
Or is it just the top teams?

Thanks again mate,you really made my Pes feel good again,I couldn't face yet another freekick free game over at the other side.
You're welcome, pal.
Im the same. Thats why im back to Pes again for the moment. 3 matches in a row without a single free kick were a bit too much for me.

And ironically - that was the reason i played F18 last year. Coz i was getting a lot of free kicks, injuries and cards, unlike Pes18.

Im loosing goals regardless of the team I play against. Best case scenario they equalise and it ends with a draw. But often Im loosing at the end.
Im not playing with the best team (Wolves), granted, but it still looks very fishy when I dominate till 80th minute and then they go mental.

Last match yesterday was just pinnacle of crazy. I was defending very well and even with the crazy boost they just couldnt get through. So what happend at the end??
I passed back to my GK and ball just went by him into my own goal. Oh, I play PA1, not manual. Scripted to bits..:LOL:

You're welcome, pal.
Im the same. Thats why im back to Pes again for the moment. 3 matches in a row without a single free kick were a bit too much for me.

And ironically - that was the reason i played F18 last year. Coz i was getting a lot of free kicks, injuries and cards, unlike Pes18.

Im loosing goals regardless of the team I play against. Best case scenario they equalise and it ends with a draw. But often Im loosing at the end.
Im not playing with the best team (Wolves), granted, but it still looks very fishy when I dominate till 80th minute and then they go mental.

Last match yesterday was just pinnacle of crazy. I was defending very well and even with the crazy boost they just couldnt get through. So what happend at the end??
I passed back to my GK and ball just went by him into my own goal. Oh, I play PA1, not manual. Scripted to bits..:LOL:
Ha ha,sorry pal.
What's your TS at?
Mine with Milan is at 84,not having Higuain as a captain makes lower though
I'm gonna keep an eye out for boosts at the end of games,I had the similar problem on Pes 17,but when my TS went up to 90-95 plus a very good team I hardly lost any games that way.
The games I lost were more scripted in a way that I couldn't score

Ha ha,sorry pal.
What's your TS at?
Mine with Milan is at 84,not having Higuain as a captain makes lower though
I'm gonna keep an eye out for boosts at the end of games,I had the similar problem on Pes 17,but when my TS went up to 90-95 plus a very good team I hardly lost any games that way.
The games I lost were more scripted in a way that I couldn't score
Well, TS is crap at the moment. Only at 55-60. I started new ML yesterday. So hopefully when I play more matches my defense will be more organised and focused by the end.

I have also seen Spoony Pizzas posting his ML from PES18 on Legendary. He had all the games won and he claimed this is a proof that there is no scripting involved.
Im not sure myself. If, like you said, I was loosing against big teams, Id say "ok, big boys got pissed off". But every single team? Takes away realism....and my points...:LOL:

@Mikhail - i dont think so. I think they will be locked. There was a lot of people posting on PES Universe that they are waiting for Bundesliga to start ML, even tho they were playing with different teams. Im not 100% sure tho.

My MyClub Team has a TS of 96. Just 3-4 good players on it (above 75), the rest is 50-65 lads.
But I just go there these days to collect GP once a day. Might come in handy when the game is working better. ;)
And when I played this mode, it’s vs COM! Had 1 single match against a human stranger to check on lag and netcode though.

Well, TS is crap at the moment. Only at 55-60. I started new ML yesterday. So hopefully when I play more matches my defense will be more organised and focused by the end.

I have also seen Spoony Pizzas posting his ML from PES18 on Legendary. He had all the games won and he claimed this is a proof that there is no scripting involved.
Im not sure myself. If, like you said, I was loosing against big teams, Id say "ok, big boys got pissed off". But every single team? Takes away realism....and my points...:LOL:

@Mikhail - i dont think so. I think they will be locked. There was a lot of people posting on PES Universe that they are waiting for Bundesliga to start ML, even tho they were playing with different teams. Im not 100% sure tho.
Of course there's scripting,there's not a single sports game without it.
But having a strong team and a high TS makes it managable,at least to me on PES 17,didn't play that much 18,until recently.

What I do when starting a new ML is to play the system that suits the team the best,not the system that I prefer,just to have a decent TS (still use frontline pressure regardless though)
Milan plays 4-3-3,but I play 3-5-2 because I have my strength in CB and a great set of midfielders.

My MyClub Team has a TS of 96. Just 3-4 good players on it (above 75), the rest is 50-65 lads.
But I just go there these days to collect GP once a day. Might come in handy when the game is working better. ;)
And when I played this mode, it’s vs COM! Had 1 single match against a human stranger to check on lag and netcode though.
I need to write down few psn id's and add few of you guys. We could have few friendlies at some stage. Manual or PA1, I dont mind. Just let me use advanced shooting! :LOL:
Note 1 - i cant use a mic as usually wife is asleep beside me
Note 2 - you'll have to create a session and invite me as I've no idea how to do that...:LOL:

I need to write down few psn id's and add few of you guys. We could have few friendlies at some stage. Manual or PA1, I dont mind. Just let me use advanced shooting! :LOL:
Note 1 - i cant use a mic as usually wife is asleep beside me
Note 2 - you'll have to create a session and invite me as I've no idea how to do that...:LOL:
no prob mate! we will do that one day for sure! ill invite you and yeah... i dont want to hear your moaning when loosing... so no mic is fine for me! :LOL:
;)
manual we will play, you can do ya advanced shooting stuff!

Thanks Emroth I'll make do for now then :)

Hahahaha!
I probably will loose! Im usually drunk when I play :LOL: :LOL:
See, and I don’t give a rats ass about the score if the game itself plays nice!!

So now I’m hooked. You need to get rid of your wife that night or invite her to join the fun as a spectator. Then you need a mic and more beer. I will do the same except the wife thing. And then: it’s drunken soccer time!! :LOL:

“All you got is a light beer?!” ;)

ps: alcohol is bad kids!! But it’s ok if you use your FUT money to buy some I guess! ;)

Still find it unplayable and clunky.

Thought there would be a date for patch and Rangers/Celtic update but nothing again. It’s woeful stuff from a company who couldn’t care less about its customers. I wish they would just take a year or two out and actually revamp the whole thing because it just looks a dated game with ridiculous RPG menus and zero atmosphere.

If you get licences for leagues then actually put effort into it with stadiums, broadcast displays etc. What it the point having them if you just do the basics.

I’m really enjoying this again. Said it before but it’s got that bit of magic that the other game sometimes lacks.

Glad I’ve bought both this year.

Does anyone know how many 2048 kits we can install and how many 1024 in this year’s PES? I want to finish editing this tonight.

DpD789eX4AElMqo.jpg

DpD78-YWsAA0Ehs.jpg

I just wish we would have early afternoon- late afternoon - night games with the proper affect of the season. Just like in FIFA. Would double the immersion.

Can anyone remember one-on-ones being so unsatisfying on PES than the current edition? Rubbish goalkeepers glued to their line and rubbish identikit, floaty finishing too.

I just wish we would have early afternoon- late afternoon - night games with the proper affect of the season. Just like in FIFA. Would double the immersion.

Yeah massive work needs to be done on the narrative of the season. Half time scores, in-match league tables towards end of season, crowds reacting to bad runs of results, leaving well before the final whistle if being drubbed, etc.

It's all so mechanical and familiar.

Had some horrible matches in Divisions last night. But I got to admit it had a lot to do with me being a bit tired and not being that in to it. Which is just not possible on PA1 and above, all these PSG- kids will punish you immediately.

Another thing though, I'm certain I faced people using PA2 and perhaps even PA3 during these matches. One guy were using Amiens but could ping the ball through to his attackers with the most ease I have ever seen, I stood no chance. It's beyond me that you can't filter out this.

Anyway, i do find PA1 online alright but the patch couldn't come soon enough and hopefully fix manual headers, then it's so long PA1 online! ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I have up online after 2 games ..one guy was on some form of PA assistance and played 6 upfront ..i actually beat him 2-1 but it was crap. If imagine friendlies against like minded people would be good though

Back
Top Bottom